WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a Holly adult, caught him last year. He's a 7th gen stair-step, and he bred two eggs this year. One I sent to the AP, the other I'm in the process of trying to gift away.

I hoping that I'll be able to caught him a friend of shorter lineage on down the line. But for now, I'm content with the lone Holly dragon I have.

I don't have one D:. My internet connection is nowhere near good enough and I don't have anything worth trading for one ;_;. I'm almost never taken up on trades for uncommons let alone rares. I'll be unlocked in about 12 or so hours and will stalk the AP again but I'm not really getting my hopes up.

Don't have on yet. Saw several flicker through the AP but just wasn't fast enough. My internet at home is kind of crap so I might have to wait until next year.

I've been trying for three years but I'm stubborn and will get one darn it! wink.gif

I have two adult hollies, both from last year. One was an IOU trade, the other one was pretty much a gift (well, we traded, but what I gave was definitely less worth than what I got).

One of them bred already and produced one egg which I gifted to someone who was searching for one desperately. smile.gif

Still no hollies for me! Ah well. Looking forward to the rest of the DC holiday!

I caught my first Holly this year, I joined in 2009 but starting playing properly in 2010 so my first christmas was the Ribbons

A friend of mine gifted me one this year!

I'm very happy now. <3 I mean, I'm usually anal about neat lineages but I don't even care it's beautiful

I don't have one yet, but I have seen many in the AP (no luck), and a friend is trading me one. :/

Sadly I expect this to be the 4th year without a holly catch.

Just no good at picking them up smile.gif Too slow every time.

Hopefully their population will grow more numerous, as the years goes by :/

I got 2 holly eggs. Turns out they are brothers. one I got from trading and another was gifted to me

I managed to trade for two and gifted one to a friend. I'm very pleased with the one I kept. It's not the best lineage, but it's not the worst either and it's from TJ's holly.

I haven't had luck with catching one from the AP either as of yet. Hoping that i can catching one this year, or get lucky and get one from trade of gifting...it's one of the remaining few that i need to complete my scroll

I have one adult Holly I caught in '09. I keep gifting his babies, or I'd have two by now.

I caught two of them two years ago via the announcement board. I gifted one last year and two this year.

I find it amazing that when I caught mine, some people were actually mad because I caught two.

Now I see people actually throwing them back in the AP to catch shorter lineages. XP

And last year I was able to trade one of my Hollies for a 2nd Gen Tinsel, but this year I couldn't even get a 2nd Gen metal for one. huh.gif

The Holly population has gotten much larger obviously. xd.png

The number of Hollies out there right now can vary largely. I did a quick calculation.

On the DC wiki it says this:

Before the 2009 winter event TJ09 confirmed that there were only 109 Holly Dragons in existence, with one of them in the Wilderness.

So, before the 2009 event there were 108 Hollies held by owners. If we assume that ALL those Hollies were bred with a different kind, and produced 2 eggs, by the next year there'd be 216 new Hollies plus the 108 original ones. So before the 2010 event there'd be 324 breedable Hollies. If we calculate that through to now we'd get something like this:

108 dragons, 2 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*2=216

2010: 108+216*2=648

2011: 108+216+648*2=1944

2012: 108+216+648+1944*2=5832

So at the end of this years event there would be a grand total of 5832 Hollies out there.

If we run the same numbers with 3 or even 4 eggs:

108 dragons, 3 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*3=324

2010: 108+324*3=1296

2011: 108+324+1296*3=5184

2012: 108+324+1296+5184*3=20736

108 dragons, 4 eggs per dragon

2009: 108*4=432

2010: 108+432*4=2160

2011: 108+432+2160*4=10800

2012: 108+432+2160+10800*4=54000

Edited by Ditch

I have been playing since 08, and every Christmas from then on 08 to now I have tried to get one. A few times I have been promised one and it didn't happen. But finally this year I was gifted an egg by someone who promised me one.

They told me it was a messy long lineaged inbred one and I said I don't care it's a holly! For me it will be one of my most treasured dragons.

Some people may be waiting to breed their hollies till Christmas eve or Christmas day.