TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

So the baking event...does that begin at midnight the 19th as well? Just to be clear? Or is that already in effect?

Thank you! Cant' wait to see the new dragons. Ohh! i hope i get to atleast see the prize dragon! :3

I am having trouble reading the announcement. The white on blue plus the size of the font are making what is usually a minor visual impairment very frustrating at the moment.

Thank you Jane.

Edited by Bodecia

That world be the worst message of all when trying to get a Holly:

You are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg.

Ouch... Ouch... So much pain...

@IvoryRaven15: I think so, from what I understood. Makes sense everything (except new dragons) starts in 4 hours

I am having trouble reading the announcement. The white on blue plus the size of the font are making what is usually a minor visual impairment very frustrating at the moment.

"

Kick off the holiday by trying to grab some past holiday dragons. The rules are the same as last year: Dragons can breed from midnight on December 19 until midnight on December 26-A full seven days. Holiday pairings may produce up to four eggs, but you're still limited to two per-person. Get int othe holiday spirit by sharing the extras with others.

If you haven't caught previous years' event dragons, make sure to check for abandoned eggs; there will be plenty to go around.

This year, it's time to get cooking! Gather the ingredients and recipes that are scattered around the site, then see what you can make.

Recipes with a red star in the corner give you entries into a site-wide raffle. To qualify, you have to gatehr the recipe and make the dish.

Winners of the raffle will receive an all-new, never-before-released prize dragon. The event will be available for two weeks, from midnight December 19 to midnight on January 2.

On December 25 at midnight, everyone who has baked at least one gingerbread house will also unlock a minigame. Decorate your gingerbread house and show it off to your friends!

Finally, a new event dragon will drop for a full three days, starting at midnight on December 25, and ending midnight on December 28.

This will be the only time these eggs drop in the cave, so get them while ou can."

Edited by LaHaine

@LaHaine

It's mostly "Unfortunately, you are not quick enough..." and "You can't seem to find the egg you are looking for..."

It starts to dull after a while...

Haha. I wonder what the prize dragon will be?

No more tinsels plz.

Can't wait to see this years new dragons.

Male or female?

I was thinking about writing it out for anyone to see if they'd like instead; it was a bit of a strain on my eyes too; but I do like what he did there anyway

EDITING in a moment with what it says

Chrismas Event! Thanks to TJ and all the staff!

Can't wait to see the new dragons but first I wish I can grab a Holly this year.

@LaHaine

It's mostly "Unfortunately, you are not quick enough..." and "You can't seem to find the egg you are looking for..."

It starts to dull after a while...

That's true xd.png Now imagine you actually manage to be the first to click it... But you are egglocked. Imagine the pain xd.png

This is TJ's post words:

"Kick off the holiday by trying to grab some past holiday dragons. The rules are the same as last year: Dragons can breed from midnight on Dec. 19 until midnight on Dec 26-- A full 7 days. Holiday pairings may produce up to four eggs, but you're still limited to two per-person. Get into the holiday spirit by sharing the extras with others.

If you haven't caught previous years' event dragons, make sure to check for abandoned eggs; there will be plenty to go around.

This year, it's time to get cooking! Gather the ingredients and recipes that are scattered around the site, then see what you can make.

Recipes with a red star in the corner give you entries into a site-wide raffle. To qualify, you have to gather the recipe and make the dish.

Winners of the raffle will receive and all-new, never-before-released prize dragon.

The event will be available for two weeks, from midnight Dec. 19 to midnight on Jan. 2.

On Dec. 25 at midnight, everyone who has baked at least one gingerbread house will also unlock a minigame. Decorate your gingerbread house and show it off to your friends!

Finally, a new event dragon will drop for a full three days, starting at midnight on Dec. 25, and ending midnight on Dec 28.

This will be the only time these eggs drop in the cave, so get them while you can."

The only modification I made is "December" I put "Dec." and "January" to "Jan."

Hopefully this helps some of you.

Edited for minor " wrong-placing and periods.

Edited by sunsteps88

whats this event, is it the dragons or is like halloween with aliset, it isnt coming up for me :/

The event has not started yet.

It starts at December 19th at midnight, Cave time.

The event has not started yet.

It starts at December 19th at midnight, Cave time.

so 4 pm for us australians....okay

Seems odd that Tinsels are being 'retired' as a prize after only two Christmases. I hope the new ones aren't too hard to get!

Honestly, I was surprised when they were reused last year. There's more enthusiasm over new things.

Honestly, I was surprised when they were reused last year.  There's more enthusiasm over new things.

But you have to remember how low the starting population is. Even with two releases, there's only 10 CB Gold Tinsels in existence. All it would take is ten people getting bored with the game and poof, no more 2nd gen Gold Tinsels ever. It makes 2nd gen Hollies look abundant in comparison.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Thanks for the event as always TJ. Looking forward to the whole event.

/pats tin of Chocolate Chip cookies next to self.

Been there, ate that.

Now to decide what I'll breed draggies with. Hum. Gold Wyverns are kinda obvious and do look nice. My Yulebucks are stair stepped already.

I'm slightly tempted to do a Holiday x Holiday pairing with Halloweeny or Valentine dragons. I might do one each Angel x GW, Magi x GW and GW x Ribbon Dancer then... I dunno. Tempted to try Heartseeker x Angel and Ribbon Dancer. Then I dunno for my last Magi. I could do a frill, but green nebula or vine is tempting.

Edited by Vhale

But you have to remember how low the starting population is. Even with two releases, there's only 10 CB Gold Tinsels in existence. All it would take is ten people getting bored with the game and poof, no more 2nd gen Gold Tinsels ever. It makes 2nd gen Hollies look abundant in comparison.

Well, particularly after the HM hollies. ^^ There are probably close to another 40 CB hollies in existence after the contests -- yeah, I know at least one person chose something else, but CB hollies were a common request as far as I could tell.

I know you're right, but I'm still sort of looking forward to something new.

All new prize dragon!? Awesome events!? This is just AMAZINGLY AWESOME!! Thanks TJ! Can't wait, so excited!