TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Congrats to everyone whom has finished the cooking game! biggrin.gif

I'm currently trying to get a Holly too but I guess I have to do some household chores for now. Today is Thursday, so I've gotten extra chores to do... this somewhat sucks xd.png

But perhaps my Holly will be born tomorrow only. ninja.gif

Thank you and best luck for your hunting.

It is truly hard, I must say ><

The cooking event is broken, everything I try result in a mess. I am using the right things, cleaned my cookies, it keeps giving the same result. Guess no raffle tickets for me.

I had the same problem earlier. I just switched from Google to Firefox, and the problem was gone. biggrin.gif Maybe you should try it out, too.

oh exciting! I have been sick ( what else is new ) walking pneumonia just got back and managed to get last years eggs, trying for the holly I have seen a few not many but I guess I am too slow so far, going to keep trying while i wait on my cooking supplies to come looks like fun cant wait tell i get enough to make something yummy tongue.gif

*Whistles at the amount of Christmas eggs going by*

Still too slow for the Hollies... poptartFINALTINY.gif

Congrats to all Holly grabbers! :y

Still trying to catch one in the AP.. seen 6 now.. grr..

Haha, anyways, luck to everyone who's still hunting. (:

Just a note to anybody who got a Holly:

My scroll was targeted yesterday by someone who put my scroll into at least 4 fansites.

I had a Holly up for trade, so I wasn't able to fog it, but I had to keep checking and removing my scroll from the fansites. The new owner is watching the Holly carefully.

Watch your dragons carefully. Some people are just plain mean.

Wow, that's really mean of that person, hopefully they're watching this thread, saw this, and are going to be nice enough to cease >_>

How did you find out if someone was targeting your egg on several fansites?

Wow, that's really mean of that person, hopefully they're watching this thread, saw this, and are going to be nice enough to cease >_>

How did you find out if someone was targeting your egg on several fansites?

If you go to a fansite to add your eggs and find ones you didn't added have already been added for you. ;___;

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this great event! The holiday events keep getting bigger and bigger. Both good and bad considering how busy I am, but this one has been given more than enough time!

Thank you shinjiteru smile.gif

What the heck, my pressure cooker has suddenly broken! blink.gif

Its lower handle has cracked and I see I will have to cook something else. But... I want to know what happened! ninja.gif This frightens me.

(the worst part isn't the cooking itself. I have to buy a new pressure cooker and it's not cheap.)

Edited by Slytherin7

:C That's a bummer Slytherin, hopefully you'll be able to get it replaced at a decent price!

Yeah, I hope so blink.gif That's odd, I didn't know such things could happen.

Best DC Christmas ever. I'd pretty much given up on getting a Holly in the Ap this year and I was going to wait until next year because my medication from my surgery makes it so the eggs blend together pretty oddly. Then dothefreddy in the chat gave me one and I am literally crying from how nice people are. So, yeah. Sappy DC Christmas story.

Is there a way to see how many red star recipes I made so that I know how many raffle tickets I have? And do I have to keep the food I produced on the list in order for the ticket to stay valid or can I use it for something else and still have the ticket I got for it?

How do I know whether I've collected all the recipes? Because recipes have stopped appearing for me, but I'm pretty sure I haven't collected all 40+ recipes yet.

Wear and tear - the more it's lifted a certain way, the more it'll strain the material XP

Oh xd.png hey, I have two cloves (garlic) in a small bowl of water (so it'd be easier to peel their skin off). Do you know if they will go bad if I dry and place them back into my garlic basket? I won't use them anymore since the pressure cooker... broke. Will I have to use the garlics? blink.gif

Oh xd.png hey, I have two cloves (garlic) in a small bowl of water (so it'd be easier to peel their skin off). Do you know if they will go bad if I dry and place them back into my garlic basket? I won't use them anymore since the pressure cooker... broke. Will I have to use the garlics? blink.gif

Once they've gotten wet, they'll go bad. I'm afraid you'll have to use them. Maybe in the salad dressing? Or in stir-fry? smile.gif

How do I know whether I've collected all the recipes? Because recipes have stopped appearing for me, but I'm pretty sure I haven't collected all 40+ recipes yet.

Your pie will looked cooked.

This is so confusing... *headdesk* Can someone help me out? By PM maybe? I'm at school right now and the period ends in a few minutes, so I won't be very active at all... I basically need a mentor. xd.png One of my big questions for it is about how often do ingredients show up?

Best DC Christmas ever. I'd pretty much given up on getting a Holly in the Ap this year and I was going to wait until next year because my medication from my surgery makes it so the eggs blend together pretty oddly. Then dothefreddy in the chat gave me one and I am literally crying from how nice people are. So, yeah. Sappy DC Christmas story.

I also got one from the nice people there ^^ I'm truly happy with my new eggie~

Is there a way to see how many red star recipes I made so that I know how many raffle tickets I have? And do I have to keep the food I produced on the list in order for the ticket to stay valid or can I use it for something else and still have the ticket I got for it?

Unfortunately, the only way we'll know how many red star recipe we have is to count them one by one (unless someone has a better way..?). Upon getting a red star recipe, you are required to make a dish of it to be qualified. I'm not sure if you need to have the food produced on the list to be qualified, though. :/

Once they've gotten wet, they'll go bad. I'm afraid you'll have to use them. Maybe in the salad dressing? Or in stir-fry? smile.gif

Thank you very much! I will look up for some recipe that use garlics then. smile.gif

I'm an adolescent learning how to cook, that's scary laugh.gif

Thank you very much! I will look up for some recipe that use garlics then. smile.gif

I'm an adolescent learning how to cook, that's scary laugh.gif

^____^

Uses of garlic:

- in tomato sauce (to go with noodles)

- in salad dressings (chopped fine)

- in asian dishes (chop fine and stir fry for a few seconds in hot oil before adding the other ingredients like veggies and such)

- to season meat (rub the meat with it; chop garlic fine and mix with herbs and salt and press into the surface of the meat before frying or roasting it; add to the sauce while the meat is roasting)

- in soups (chopped fine and added either at the beginning, if you want it to be cooked really well, or at the end, if you want it crisp)

... and lots of other dishes. smile.gif