TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I finally found the gingerbread house recipe biggrin.gif but once we get it, do we just make the recipe once and that's all we do for the obtaining the mini game? (Sorry it's weirded funny.. didn't know how to word it haha)

I finally found the gingerbread house recipe biggrin.gif but once we get it, do we just make the recipe once and that's all we do for the obtaining the mini game? (Sorry it's weirded funny.. didn't know how to word it haha)

TJ posted at the first page, everyone who baked at least one gingerbread house will be able to access the mini-game. so you should be fine. smile.gif

Only 20 minutes 'till Christmas for me smile.gif

Merry Christmas to everyone who lives in other time zones and already had their Christmas moment, and also merry Christmas to everyone who is still waiting for the 25th!

*clumsy english go!*

So when is the last day I can get a Holly?

Because I really am bummed that I still don't have one, but was so so so close twice sad.gif

In the first post, it said the last day is December 26. (I also can't find Holly dragon eggs...Why do everybody always take them?!)

Edited by car340

My pie transformed! AHHHHH! Making all of the recipes was so much fun! Can't wait for tomorrow! smile.gif

"On December 25 at midnight, everyone who has baked at least one gingerbread house will unlock a minigame..."

How long will this minigame last? And also, if the event is available until January 2nd, does that mean people that complete the event AFTER December 25th won't unlock the minigame?

(Just out of interest. Asking the second question especially for my sister who hasn't completed it yet XD)

nvm i re-re-re-re-reread the info and i got my own answer xd.png

Edited by Paprika

The cooking event was awesome, now I'm looking forward to the new release and the gingerbread house decorating. biggrin.gif

How do you guys always manage to outdo yourselves with events? That game is so addicting! Thanks so much, everyone who helped make it! <3

I can't wait until the new releases! Happy holidays everyone! biggrin.gif

:/ I've gotten the gingerbread house recipe, just gotta figure out how to make gumdrops, candy canes, and gingerbread -.-. Also trying to figure out how to make chocolate and broth and a ton of other relatively easy items (Butter/Cream) apparently for chocolate coco+sugar+milk ain't chocolate :/ Anyway I'ma trying to collect recipes D:

mmmm why is it I cant seem to find the right combo of ingredients for any of the doughs?

not even bread and I tried mixing them all in both sets of recipes....

some help please?

:/ I've gotten the gingerbread house recipe, just gotta figure out how to make gumdrops, candy canes, and gingerbread -.-. Also trying to figure out how to make chocolate and broth and a ton of other relatively easy items (Butter/Cream) apparently for chocolate coco+sugar+milk ain't chocolate :/ Anyway I'ma trying to collect recipes D:

SPOILER

Gumdrops = Prep: spices + soft candy

gingerbread= oven: spices + sweet dough

Hard Candy= oven: caramel

Chocolate = prep: milk + sugar + ice + cocoa beans

stock= oven: meat + boiling water

soft candy = oven: water + sugar

sweet dough = prep: eggs + sugar + plain dough

boiling water= oven: water

caramel = oven: sugar

Let me know if this helps! smile.gif

mmmm why is it I cant seem to find the right combo of ingredients for any of the doughs?

some help please?

SPOILER

plain dough = prep: flower + eggs

bread dough = prep: yeast+ plain dough

Edited by Sandface

some help please?

Well...You see Dough is usually made with Flour, Eggs, and Water. If you mix them together and don't get a good result, you remove one ingredient (Eggs + Water, Water + Flour, Flour + Eggs) . If none of those works, lets say you were using Blank Preparation Recipe, so you change it to Blank Oven Recipe.

One Holly to rule them all,

one Holly to shift them.

One Holly to bring them all,

and on Christmas Day, to gift them"

My Holly poem from last year, if anyone remembers xd.png I missed 3 Hollies but I'm just trying for fun now, just to see if I can get another x3

Haha! That's awesome! "One cannot simply find a Holly in Mordor..." xd.png

I'm really enjoying this event! This is my first Christmas with DC, I didn't know it would be this fun. smile.gif I've managed to get 2 of each previous year (except Holly, only have one of those). My daughter and fiance are really having fun too, though neither of them have a Holly. They are so jealous! laugh.gif

This thread was so helpful with the cooking game. Thanks to the spreadsheet I was able to finish all my cooking. smile.gif

How many ingredients are you able to actually find? I don't know if I found them all? And now, I'm kind of stumped on what to do.

How many ingredients are you able to actually find? I don't know if I found them all? And now, I'm kind of stumped on what to do.

There are 17 basic ingredients. You know they're basic because they have a little ∞ simple next to their name.

Thanks Sandface. I have all the ingredients... Once more question: I keep seeing a little recipe card off to the side of the page and whenever I click it, I don't get anything at all. Is there a glitch or what?

Thanks Sandface. I have all the ingredients... Once more question: I keep seeing a little recipe card off to the side of the page and whenever I click it, I don't get anything at all. Is there a glitch or what?

Those are the red star recipes. They're recipe cards that show you which ingredients you need to make more delicious recipes! You have to use the items you already have to make those. Like for instance:

Gingerbread house = gumdrops + hard candy + gingerbread. smile.gif

So keep clicking all those recipe cards! And then under "Recipes" on the cooking page, the recipe will show up in red because you haven't made it yet, so you can click on it, and it'll tell you how to make the recipe. smile.gif Good luck!

Edited by Sandface

SPOILER

Gumdrops = Prep: spices + soft candy

gingerbread= oven: spices + sweet dough

Hard Candy= oven: caramel

Chocolate = prep: milk + sugar + ice + cocoa beans

stock= oven: meat + boiling water

soft candy = oven: water + sugar

boiling water= oven: water

caramel = oven: sugar

Let me know if this helps! smile.gif

SPOILER

plain dough = prep: flower + eggs

bread dough = prep: yeast+ plain dough

You are a life saver.... :/ idk how to make those in this game :/

Finally finished the recipe/cooking game. :3

Now, I just wait for the new dragon and, in the meantime, hope I can manage to snag a Holly. >.<

Yeah I know that part, I have a bunch of them.. but like, let's say the recipe card is on the right hand side of the screen, I'll click it and then it takes me to http://dragcave.net/holidays12_get/c3no (which is the page) but I get no recipe and then the little recipe card will then show up on the bottom on the page. Or somewhere else on the page.

You are a life saver.... :/ idk how to make those in this game :/

Here is a link that will show you all the recipes and how to make them:

RECIPES

I'm sure that'll come in handy to help you out. smile.gif Good luck!

Yeah I know that part, I have a bunch of them.. but like, let's say the recipe card is on the right hand side of the screen, I'll click it and then it takes me to http://dragcave.net/holidays12_get/c3no (which is the page) but I get no recipe and then the little recipe card will then show up on the bottom on the page. Or somewhere else on the page.

I think, if you already have that recipe card, it must be a glitch. I've gotten some of the same ones sometimes. But i'm sure if you just click on all of the recipe cards you see, they'll all come into your "recipe" section. If no recipe comes up when you click on a card, you'll have to go through the list of recipes and it should be there. Then you can click on that, and the recipe will come up. I hope that helps.

Edited by Sandface