TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Has anyone had trouble getting their apple pie to change to a pumpkin, even after they have completed all the recipes? I've checked over the list multiple times, and I have all of them. But that apple pie resolutely refuses to become pumpkin.

You may HAVE all the recipes, but have you MADE them? That's what will turn it to pumpkin.

Are Holly dragons just exceptionally rare? I've only seen them on the first day of the breeding, was hoping to get another one

This is my 2nd Christmas trying to catch a Holly. All I've caught so far are messages saying I was too slow sad.gif At least I have a pumpkin pie badge smile.gif

Has anyone had trouble getting their apple pie to change to a pumpkin, even after they have completed all the recipes? I've checked over the list multiple times, and I have all of them. But that apple pie resolutely refuses to become pumpkin.

It's same answer as Riverwillows, try all the red star recipes and change the color of words into normal black biggrin.gif

I've missed 3 Hollies this evening. *sigh* I had hoped I'd have one by now. It's a little embarrassing when you're upstaged by your 86 y/o mom. xd.png I'll never figure out how she managed to snag one. unsure.gif She said it was far easier than the cooking was! huh.giflaugh.gif

Congrats to all those that have managed to get one so far. The rest of us still have time. smile.gif

That's hilarious!

Has anyone had trouble getting their apple pie to change to a pumpkin, even after they have completed all the recipes?  I've checked over the list multiple times, and I have all of them.  But that apple pie resolutely refuses to become pumpkin.

When I look at your scroll, I see a pumpkin pie badge on it. smile.gif Maybe the computor memory cache is stuck and isn't letting you see it?

my many thanks to the gifter who granted my dragon cave christmas wish of a holly egg thank you so much thank you

and good luck to everyone else who is questing their first holly good luck and merry christmas to you

Edited by Twilight_Moon_Racer

I have to say the Christmas event has been very fun smile.gif

It's a bit sad Hollies are so rare, I did try a bit to catch at the beginning but i'm a giver upper kind of person lol, I figure they'll be more next year and I'll catch then yeah? haha.

I received a holly from a very very kind person yesterday, thank you thank you! My first holly in three years, (: hehe.

@Lilith_Rayne, to answer your question, I think hollys are the rarest breeds of dragons on DC. Though their just a teensy bit more rare than NDs.

Trying to keep a holly safe till potential new owner can get it, can a trade still be picked up if an egg is fogged? Or will that void the trade?

I received a holly from a very very kind person yesterday, thank you thank you! My first holly in three years, (: hehe.

@Lilith_Rayne, to answer your question, I think hollys are the rarest breeds of dragons on DC. Though their just a teensy bit more rare than NDs.

Actually, TJ confirmed in the IRC that neglecteds are rarer than hollies. ^^

Actually, TJ confirmed in the IRC that neglecteds are rarer than hollies.  ^^

ah.. x'D sorry, got it wrong then. i knew they were somewhat around the same.

Edited by suskekun222

But anyone can get a neglected if they figure out the right technique and have the patience. It takes luck more than anything to get a holly. Either luck in the AP or luck finding someone to trade with.

noticed something. Am I to assume that red star recipes are ones you can only get once you receive them from a card in the event?

I can see them but the Holly's are so hard to get. And it oesn't help when the AP is flooded with all the other year Holiday eggs. I have see the same eggs available for up to 2 minutes sometimes before they go away... It makes it harder to get the rare ones who show up so infrequently, anyway...

I would trade for one, but I have nothing that anyone would want, I don't think...

I'll just keep trying...

I think that the cooking thing was great and would have been totally lost without the spreadsheet that was made.

I want to thank TJ and all the others who have contributed to this years activity...

You would be notified by TJ if you won, which would give you time to open an egg slot and accept your prize. He would give you all the details if you won.

I have seen about 20 Hollies today.

great, thanks for answering! biggrin.gif

hurr still 0 hollies for me.... sad.gif

No luck with hollies.. So generous some people are ^^ Edited by Sumiku44