TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I've missed 3 Hollies this evening. *sigh* I had hoped I'd have one by now. It's a little embarrassing when you're upstaged by your 86 y/o mom. xd.png I'll never figure out how she managed to snag one. unsure.gif She said it was far easier than the cooking was! huh.giflaugh.gif

Congrats to all those that have managed to get one so far. The rest of us still have time. smile.gif

Still haven't managed to make any of the more complex ingredients. tongue.gif I get what I'm supposed to do, but it's not working. At least I can collect the recipe cards...

I think there should be check boxes for the ingredients and a combo box to select the recipe, personally. That way, we blindies can play too.

So excited! A very nice person messaged me and has me a Holly that will be gifted to me the 26th!!!!!!!!!!

Omigods, lucky! xd.png People here are just so nice.

I missed a third gen stairstep one this evening. Not surprising, since it was the first time I've ever seen a Holly in person. And I just cocked my head to the side and was like, "What is that?" for a moment. xd.png

There was just a group of 3 Hollies in the AP and I managed to grab one. I can't believe I manged 2 this year (my 1st Christmas at Dragon Cave). I never even expected one. But to everyone that hasn't - definitely keep trying - I'm on a super crappy and quite old laptop right now and I still managed to snag one. I'm more worried about decorating a gingerbread house - decorating is not really something I'm good at. Haha!

There are two different kinds of meat pie. One with meat, the other with poultry. Unless they both have the exact same ingredients, it's normal.

I've been wondering why there was two meat pies. xd.png Now that explains everything. tongue.gif

So excited! A very nice person messaged me and has me a Holly that will be gifted to me the 26th!!!!!!!!!!

I hope s/he's breeding earlier than that - I'm pretty sure breeding ends earlier...

Finally joining the chat...not even bothering with trying to get a holly this year, it's my first Christmas so I'm happy getting the other older eggs, but maybe next year biggrin.gif

my question is..what does the Christmas pie logo look like once you've collected and made everything?!

I hope s/he's breeding earlier than that - I'm pretty sure breeding ends earlier...

Actually, breeding ends at midnight on the 26th. smile.gif

Finally joining the chat...not even bothering with trying to get a holly this year, it's my first Christmas so I'm happy getting the other older eggs, but maybe next year biggrin.gif

my question is..what does the Christmas pie logo look like once you've collected and made everything?!

A pumpkin pie--a nice orange brown color.

I managed to catch two Holly eggs so far this year...but both had somewhat messy lineages so I gifted them to people who don't have one. My one Holly is pretty messy so I'm trying to find a nice lineage one....with no luck lol

Gotten loads of 'unfortunately you're not quick enough' messages - I'm guessing those were all the even gen Thuwed Hollys laugh.gif

As someone said a few pages back, midnight on the 26th is 12 AM on 12/26. So you wouldn't actually be able to breed dragons on 12/26.

Edit: Ninja'd! Late at night I type like I click in the AP (which probably explains the lack of Hollies wink.gif ).

Edited by savage_rose

Midnight on the 26th is immediately after the 25th is over.

*Facepalm* Oops! I blame the fact I'm exhausted. Sorry! Don't listen to a girl with a lack of sleep. It's highly unadvisable.

This looks interesting. I can't wait to be able to make my first recipe...I've been so busy I haven't been on...and I *completely* forgot about DC X-mas... O.O

There was just a group of 3 Hollies in the AP and I managed to grab one. I can't believe I manged 2 this year (my 1st Christmas at Dragon Cave). I never even expected one. But to everyone that hasn't - definitely keep trying - I'm on a super crappy and quite old laptop right now and I still managed to snag one. I'm more worried about decorating a gingerbread house - decorating is not really something I'm good at. Haha!

same here. i got 2 this year and have a crappy computer too. be careful with them they get sick easily. i

same here. i got 2 this year and have a crappy computer too. be careful with them they get sick easily. i

I try to be very cautious with all my eggs. smile.gif It took me awhile to figure out how to keep them safe.

No hollies for me yet, alas. I just don't seem to have the knack. But my birthday luck netted me a GoN a few minutes ago so I'll hope it holds up for the rest of the day. If it doesn't, well, there's always next year, right? biggrin.gif

Earlier I forgot to post that if anyone was still in need of past Holiday dragons, or just want a cleaner lineage, I still haven't bred any of mine yet. All of them are CB and would be neat 2nd gens. You can see mine on the 4th page of my scroll.

Please drop me a PM if you are interested. Thanks! biggrin.gif

;u; " I didn't see this until today! I was so busy with studies. OTL;;

I managed to get some previous holiday dragons; I'm egglocked, I guess. I don't think I'll manage to get a Holly dragon this year. :u

I just hope I will have enough time to get this year's holiday dragon!!

My Snow Angel hatched with only 765 views, which pleases me. Hah. All of the holiday sprites are so cute and pretty! Cannot wait for this year's release~

Has anyone had trouble getting their apple pie to change to a pumpkin, even after they have completed all the recipes? I've checked over the list multiple times, and I have all of them. But that apple pie resolutely refuses to become pumpkin.