zorua9

splash continued

Is a GYARADOS BADGE a good idea??  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NOTE: Please tell me if this is a duplicate.

My idea is that if you use splash(via shallow water dragon) 500 times you get a shiny magikarp badge.

It would say the thing that it does:

What?

(name here) is evolving!

Congratulations! Your (name here) evolved into a MAGIKARP BADGE!

Instead it would say:

What?

(name here) is evolving again!

Congratulations! Your (name here) evolved into a GYARADOS BADGE!

The sprite used for it will be this(not created by me): user posted image

This would basically be another trophy

Oh and it will replace the old badge, kinda like how the bronze, silver, and gold trophies work.

If someone has already got more than 500 and more splashes used(again by shallow water dragon then all they gotta do is us splash once more and they get the badge.

Please comment on what could be change, if this is a good and bad idea and why it is a good/bad idea.

EDIT 1: Changed shiny magikarp badge to gyarados badge.

EDIT 2: Got new poll

Edited by zorua9

I like it, would give me a reason to splash my very small army (more like my gang) of Shallow Waters again

I would rather have it change to a gyarados rather than a shiny magikarp. I am neutral on the idea myself. I honestly can't be bothered to splash to get the current badge, I doubt I would ever splash enough to get a second version.

Edited by Nectaris

I don't see the point; the comparison was funny at first, but another badge would be overdoing it for me. But if you guys end up doing it anyway, then please don't make it a Shiny Magikarp and make it a full-fledged Gyarados.

Agreed with gyrados at 1000. 500 is too small of a number, methinks.

*pokes her splashes and wonders how many she's done so far*

I think it's pushing it. The badge was originally just a joke, and I'd rather it stay that way. Continuing it, well, just seems like we're overdoing it.

I'm neutral on the idea; I think its good that you are trying to find another use for the Splash BSA, because unlike the other BSAs, they aren't really used ever again after the magikarp badge is achieved.

I'm worried that if you make another badge, wouldn't that become problematic with copyright issues with pokemon?

I also think it«s pushing it xd.png the joke is done, I don't see a need to continue it, specially just for a new badge xd.png But if you must, it should be something harder, so I agree with 1000 splashes too

I think it'd be cute, and since it'd be replacing the Magikarp badge rather than an all-new extra badge, I doubt it'd cause any more issues than the current one already does.

I think 500 is a fine number. I mean really, if you have ten Shallows splashing every day it still takes you nearly two months to get that many. That's more than enough time, I think!

I think it'd be cute, and since it'd be replacing the Magikarp badge rather than an all-new extra badge, I doubt it'd cause any more issues than the current one already does.

I think 500 is a fine number. I mean really, if you have ten Shallows splashing every day it still takes you nearly two months to get that many. That's more than enough time, I think!

1000 would be a really absurd (in a funny way) number and only the trainers that want to be the very best would be able to achieve that xd.png like training a real magikarp xd.png

I'm sorta iffy on this one. First, I *like* the Magikarp badge, so if I splash 500 times I lose that badge just to gain some other badge? I admit I know ziltch about Pokemon or whatever, but I'd much rather keep my Magikarp then "level up" to anything else.

I also agree that 1000 is just way too high. It took many users months just to get the regular Magikarp badge.... Unless you have a gigantic army of Shallow Waters, it will take *forever* to get to 1000.

I would like a Gyarados badge. I think it would be fun. ^__^

I like the idea of 1,000 splashes to get it. I'm almost positive I'm at 1,000 splashes by now with only 23 Shallows. (If not, I'm pretty damn close)

Granted, it's taken me about 2 months, but it's not too hard to take 2 minutes to splash a few times every day.

(I've been splashing (almost) non stop since TJ hinted that there might already be a Gyarados badge. XP)

I love the dragon to begin with, I like how they look,i been meaning to get an army of them, the Holiday wall block give me the perfect change to nab a lot of them, I'm all good with the idea biggrin.gif

I want that Gyarados badge so bad.

I collected a lot of Shallow Waters and splashed pretty much non-stop ever since TJ hinted that there might already be one when he pointed out that no one had reached 1000 splashes yet.

I'm pretty sure I'm beyond the 1000 mark and I'm sad to see no Gyarados T-T

You know, I like this idea.

500 splashes => shiny magikarp

1000 splashes => gyarados

2000 splashes => shiny gyarados

5000 splashes => you get an egg for a pokemon dragon... (Just joking here, I know that spontaneous egg creation is a no-go.)

Edit: Maybe instead of an egg for a special dragon, you could get a joke egg that looks like a pokemon egg? It could either be a frozen, pygmy-sized egg or a joke egg like XD or <3 that never hatch. (RP sense: Pokemon eggs need to be walked for X amount of steps to hatch - but here, these eggs would just be sitting on your scroll. Instead of a hatching sequence, we could even have a description change like the change of pokemon egg descriptions during their hatching time.)

Edited by olympe

I wouldn't mind a Gyarados badge. happy.gif It would be a good reason to start collecting Shallow Waters again!

Hey hey Shallow Water sounds like Shadow Walker

I like this! I collected so many Shallow Waters to get the Magikarp badge and now I feel like they're wasted.

I think the Magikarp badge should be "evolved" to Gyarados at 500 splashes. 1000 is WAY too high, and evolving to a shiny Magikarp doesn't make sense. One Pokemon does not simply evolve into a shiny version, unless you have an Action Replay.

This might make me collect Shallow Waters again~! (And play HG again to evolve more Magikarps.)

I'd rather not, since it was fun enough to get one badge, but other than the badge it's rather pointless, and I don't see the reason to add another joke badge to a joke that has already been fulfilled.