Fortune86

Rise of the Guardians

Yet to see it... kinda skeptical. It looks good, but it really depends on which characters have which role... a main concern of mine is as with many other movies, the focus is taken from the main character. From things I've read, that appears to be the case in this one. But I dunno... :| It's a silly thing to be concerned of.

Might give it a shot one day.

Really? I thought Jack had plenty of focus. XD I mean I personally thought it's clear he's still the main character.

But I don't know, I'm not a proper film critic who analyzes everything. I just watch the movie. ouo;

@Fortune86: I know it makes sense to be an easter gift but that means I have to waaaaiiit for it ;n;

Edited by Switch

This kind of reminds me of the discussions around the trailers when they came out...

user posted image

@Switch: I have to wait for it too, so no sympathy here xd.png

Edited by Fortune86

Lol Fortune xd.png

I tend to extremely skeptical about any movie that comes out, the only excepting being Owls of Ga'Hoole. But being a Dreamworks movie, I hope it come out well. Dreamworks is the only movie company so far that has me warming towards every single one of their movies, despite my skeptism beforehand xd.png

Dun mind me. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Particularly the Easter Bunny :3 He be cute.

Buuuut I have to wait until April 10 to even rent it >_>

I love the movie!

Going to watch it for the 2,5th time tomorrow or Saturday <3

Can't wait!

I still think Pitch looked genuinely gutted when Jack turned him down. I'll have to re-watch the movie to check.

No money though T-T

Hm. Okay long analysis ahead.

Pitch really was genuinely gutted when Jack declined his offer. He wasn't exactly devastated but he was definitely disappointed and surprised about it. When you think about it, he has been alone for centuries. Before that people believed in him and could see him. He had power and he had control. But then all that was taken from him when the Guardians came. And suddenly he was left out in the cold and no one respected or feared him. He had no control and people couldn't even see him.

Then along came Jack who he saw with the Guardians but knew he wasn't one of them. He called Jack "neutral party" or something to that effect. And then he realized that Jack cannot be seen by people as well and that was what Jack craved. And then suddenly he saw a friend in Jack because they both wanted the same things. He knew Jack wanted his memories back and that was the reason why he agreed to help the Guardians so Pitch thought that by giving him back his memories he would have no reason to go back to the Guardians. So maybe if Jack isn't with the Guardians anymore he would join Pitch. Pitch was never shown to want more than victims but maybe he grew lonely watching the four Guardians. And control over ice and cold obviously held appeal to him.

When they were both in that icy place by the sea, Pitch showed Jack what they could make together. At that time in the movie, the other Guardians had already rejected Jack and Jack was stuck in the exact same situation as Pitch. No one can see them both and they are both friendless. Also, no one shown in the movie was better suited to team up with Pitch than Jack (it's not like wonder and hope and dreams would go well with darkness and despair). And as Pitch elaborated, you could see that Jack was tempted as well because the Guardians never offered to help Jack make people see him, they only comforted him (and the hurt at their hostility would still have been fresh). And Pitch probably saw that too but then he said the wrong thing when he told Jack that people would fear them. He didn't realize that that was the opposite of what Jack wanted. To Pitch this was the best part because that's his nature, but not to Jack. And then this person who was nearly his friend and accomplice rejected him outright.

At the end of the day the biggest reason why Pitch and Jack didn't become friends and accomplices is simply because they are polar opposites in what they want for people.

In short, Pitch looked hurt at Jack turning down his offer of friendship because he saw a friend in Jack.

I don't think I meant for it to be that long but it just sort of happened. But askjfhaskljfhsal oh my god the movie was so good. I just. It's one of my favorite animations now just.

I'm trying to say my favorite character isn't Jack but my favorite character is Jack. Aside from him though I love all the other Guardians as well. Tooth faerie had the prettiest character design but her personality didn't stand out as much as the others (but her backstory wins so many awards). Bunnymund is just so adorable. I love Sandy too but he wasn't in nearly half the film so it was a pity. And I have a soft spot for North.

Also also my favorite moment is when Jamie finally believed in Jack Frost. Just askjflhasfhaj Jack's face and it meant so much to him and Jamie's just so happy at seeing Jack Frost and Jack Frost can finally tell Jamie it was him that made the snow day and Jamie found him so cool and Jack was so happy and the music everything was perfect

EDIT:

Oh speaking of great fanart:

user posted image

by teralilac

Edited by Rosella Surmane

I love that fanart pic you posted Rosella Surmane! I will have to get on photobucket and see if I can't find some good fanart.

My absolute favorite character is Jack Frost. If I were a Guardian, I'd probably be the female version of him since I love the Winter and I'm all about having fun. I'm basically a big kid at heart. biggrin.gif I relate to his character SOOO MUCH that it's ridiculous. lol

I've seen the movie about 7 times now and I just can't stop watching. I've taken to looking for good Jack-centric fanfictions as well. It's a bit hard with my stipulations (no slash, no pairings at all, Jack-centric, and certain levels of whump). I've found a few though and I'm hoping to find more.

*ETA* Does anyone think there will be a Rise of the Guardians 2?

Edited by sheppardkid

I love that fanart pic you posted Rosella Surmane! I will have to get on photobucket and see if I can't find some good fanart.

My absolute favorite character is Jack Frost. If I were a Guardian, I'd probably be the female version of him since I love the Winter and I'm all about having fun. I'm basically a big kid at heart. biggrin.gif I relate to his character SOOO MUCH that it's ridiculous. lol

I've seen the movie about 7 times now and I just can't stop watching. I've taken to looking for good Jack-centric fanfictions as well. It's a bit hard with my stipulations (no slash, no pairings at all, Jack-centric, and certain levels of whump). I've found a few though and I'm hoping to find more.

*ETA* Does anyone think there will be a Rise of the Guardians 2?

I hope there is! This movie was amazing~

I really loved this movie! Dreamworks has this really odd thing of making a Trailer for a movie that makes me NOT want to see the movie but when I do, it's absolutely amazing. I think every single Dreamworks film has that in common (including my favorite- How to Train Your Dragon).

There probably won't be a Rise of the Guardians 2 because the movie was a commercial disaster. The company didn't even make it's money back. Which, i'm sad for because it was a really good movie. But i'm kind of happy about because I really don't want them to milk another sequel out of another one of their films. Pretty sure there's going to be a How to Train Your Dragon 2 (and possibly 3), Kung-Fu Panda 3, Madagascar 4, Puss in Boots 2 (which is already a spin off of a four movie series)... The List goes on.

I hope there is a sequel, but that's all. I'd rather not see it go the way of Shrek or anything like that. There just seems to be a need for a sequel in my opinion. I don't know who would be the bad guy though. I mean, what is worse than absolute darkness? And then I wonder if they'd even stick with the Guardians or focus on MiM.

I've discovered something about movies. If they show the title at the end, like they did with RotG, then there will more than likely be a sequel.

Also, thought I'd give another piece of fanart that I found. It's so sad but cute!

user posted image

@ Rosella: That's always pretty much what I thought. Pitch saw a potential friend in Jack and was dissapointed when he was refused.

I mean, he'd love to be believed in and feared again, but I bet he wants to be able to chill out and have a proper conversation now and again too.

~

I know Guillermo del Toro has expressed interest in a sequel, but I guess only time will tell if one actually happens.

I am in love with Jack. Like completely head over heels in love with him. And it scares people. lmao

I love Sandy too though. He's just adorable.