Fortune86

Rise of the Guardians

I saw the movie on the 2nd of December and I am completely surprised that no one has made a board yet, so I decided to make one myself o3o

So...thoughts? Favourite characters? Moments? Theories?

Personally there was so much about ROTG that I loved. All of the characters (my favourites are Jack, Pitch, Baby Tooth and Sandy) were so well written and thought out. I wanted to hug and adopt pretty much all of them, which is a first for me because I rarely see a movie where I didn't like at least one character.

Special mention for the Yeti Painter o3o

It would be cheating to say my favourite part was the whole movie, so I am going to pick out the Tooth Collecting section, Jack v Pitch in the Arctic and both Sandy v Pitch scenes. For such a short little guy Sandy is full of so much win.

While I'm here I'd like to ask if anyone knows why, when Sandy knocked Pitch out with the dreamsand, the boogeyman dreamed of butterflies? I'm not knocking it because I thought it was hilarious, but I was wondering if there was something behind it I didn't pick up on.

Watched the movie last night!

Total win! The whole movie!

There is so much to say about this movie and what I think of it that I might just pass out because of excitement xd.png

Yeah I did xd.png

The little girl that keeps fall of her bed is also really cute xd.png

Yeah Sohpie! She is so cute! happy.gif

I loved it when she ended up at the Easter Bunnies place and those huge stone eggs with the faces xd.png

I literally squeed when she curled up in Bunny's arms. It was too damn cute.

I also have a lot of love for little Bunny.

user posted image

*squees at picture* happy.gif

I love the relationship between Jack and Bunny

I know. They're kinda like brothers that squabble a lot, but heaven help any outsider who takes a swipe at them.

I really liked Pitch as a bad guy. It was nice to find someone so villianous, even if I did feel a teeny tiny bit sorry for him (it's not nice to be alone).

I mean, say he had pulled it off? Spread fear around the world and wiped out all hope, wonder and happy memories? Think about that for a minute. What would the world be like? Would would that do to the children? What would they end up doing to each other?

user posted image

Pitch, you are one creepy guy.

Pitch was really well done in my eyes... But yeah I did give a thought about it as I sat in the cinema after the movie ended.

It just kinda showed that fear and darkness will be always there.

In a strange way though, we need fear just as much as the other things. Fear helps keep us safe.

True and fear keeps us in reality as well.

Oh Oh... what you think of the elves? xd.png

Again, too damn cute.

They really went all out in this film. Everything and everyone was either adorable or badass or a mixture of both.

Yup yup... I agree!

One part I like was when Jack discovered what his inside was!

Yeah.

I felt so bad for him when he died though, which also gave me the chills (no pun intended).

If the Guardians resort to their previous state when children stop believing in them (like Bunny turned back into a...well...bunny) what would happen to Jack if it happened again now he is a Guardian?

Would he turn back into a corpse? D:

I don't know but he will become invisible once again that I know for sure.

Yeah it was sad that he died but he at least saved his sister

So sad. We can only hope his sister got home okay.

According to my researches, the DVD will be out in April.

I am so buying it.

Same here... I'm really considering taking my mum to see the 2D version since she has one of those awkward eye problems

I didn't have the money T-T

I hope the DVD comes with lots of extras. I might have a bit more change by then xd.png

How awesome was Sandy? He was a third Pitch's size but he was able to make the guy dart away in terror. That bit where he suddenly appears beside him and make Pitch jump was hilarious xd.png

Club cards give specials happy.gif

I'm so getting the DVD even if I'm dirt poor at that time xd.png

For some reason I feel like Sandy is kinda Pitch's true rival in away... Don't know why I just feel it

Yess I love rotg. <3 I saw it in the theatre recently. It's so visually gorgeous @__@ and I love all the characters. Especially Pitch ;w; and Jack

@ Spirit: I think Pitch first shows up in North's story lol.

@ Switch: I think Jack is going to be the firm fan favourite xd.png

Oh yeah, he is. Tumblr's absolutely nuts over Jack. XD I like Pitch a little more though, but like I said I love all the characters, especially the take on them. Tooth's design is beautiful <3 and Sandy is just adorable.