Walker

Do you think in words or pictures?

Do you think in words or pictures?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use both equally, but something pretty different and awesome happens when I listen to music. It doesn't happen all the time, just when I'm relaxing and doing nothing else except resting my eyes. It depends on the music, but I'll see streams of light and color flow through my mind's eye that matches up with the flow of the music.

When listening to music, I'm thinking in movies. I'm usually disappointed when a music video doesn't match what I imagined, like Hurts - Wonderful Life.

When programming, I'm thinking in typed words, with syntax highlighting, even when not at the computer. That's actually a mixture of words and images, eh?

When trying dragon lineages, I'm thinking in lineage screenshots. xd.png Or at least I try to. With some dragons, I fail miserably.

When talking to people, I'm mostly thinking in words.

When writing things, I'm also thinking in words echoeing through my mind, like a narrator.

When cuddling my cats, I'm not thinking at all.

I often combine all of them and create my own stories when I have nothing to do, mainly when trying to sleep.

Me, too. Nothing good ever comes from my stories though.

As a baby, I never crawled (which is essentially trying to walk), I always rolled from place to place. One day, I just stood up and walked.

My brother did the same. Recently, his son (18 months old) did that as well. First rolling, then walking, no crawling. He is a very observing little boy, especially when it comes to pressing buttons.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

When I think I hear and see what I am thinking of. It's kind of weird but that's what I do.

I literally see text in my mind most of the time when I'm thinking or talking, the words all typed out (and frequently misspelled - but hey, at least they're properly punctuated).

Otherwise, I'm very similar to what RubyEyes detailed as her experience two posts up.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Interestingly enough, even though I'm autistic, I have a hard time narrowing it down. I definitely am quite language-oriented, but I suppose I'm a visual thinker, as well: I tend to picture the words in my head, for example, and screenshots showing how to do a thing are slightly more helpful to me than written explanations, though I do usually do just fine with written.

I guess pictures is probably more accurate, though, because when it comes to objects and such I really visualize them, and I can easily 'see' an object in my head even if I don't remember the name.

Edited by snekkies