Millennium07

Holiday Breeding

Anyone going to be gifting any Dragons via threads this year? I've been considering it for my Yulebuck, Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer and Winter Magus adults. Can't with my Holly though, I'm booked this year and next, I'm afraid. What about other DC Christmas plans? I'm gonna be staying up for the new Dragon for the third year in a row. For some reason, getting the Ribbon Dancers and Winter Magi were easier at midnight DC time then gettng the Snow Angels were during the day. I guess there are fewer people crazy enough to stay up on Christmas Day? hahahaha

am pretty sure the holiday gifting thread will be open again

I plan on gifting 1 holly there, and 2 of each of the others biggrin.gif

I also will be here in the cave when the new release drops to grab my 2 new ones

as will the rest of my family. It has become a holiday tradition here that we all gather around the computer at 11PM CST tongue.gif

I always send my Christmas offspring to the AP, but I generally wait until the last breeding day to spread things out a bit in the AP. This Christmas I additionally have a Yulebuck promised to a forum member, and I'll be breeding my Holly with the hopes of setting up a trade.

I will probably be trading my offspring out. Holidays are always the easiest times to expand the hoard.

Gifting is the spirit of Christmas - so I am gifting my Holiday dragon offspring or send the eggs to the AP.

I have one Ribbon Dancer and one Snow Angel already promised to people. I will certainly breed my other Christmas dragons, too, but I'm not sure if I'll gift them via a thread, it's always such a hassle with the limited dragons.

So unless I give out more promises (pm me!), I will probably drop them to the AP.

I'll be gifting mine, and most probably catching eggs for others (namely my cousin, but if I get to catch more...). There's also lots of chances I release some ugly lineaged holidays of mine after I breed them if I'm able to catch clean ones.

Well, I have two frozen Yulebucks so I can't breed any of those, and I honestly can't stand even looking at my Snow Angels, so I'm not going to breed them.

But my Ribbon Dancer and Winter Magi offspring will go to the AP, and hopefully I can get a good trade if my Holly gives me an egg.

I'll probably sit in the IRC, looking if some people are searching for a specific pair and breed my dragons for free.

Except my holly. I don't have a lot of really valuable things on my scroll, so I'll try to get something nice for an egg :/

Both of my Hollies are reserved, while the rest will be gifted or dropped to the AP. smile.gif

I've just this minute released a messy lineaged Yulebuck so hopefully I can snag a prettier one.

I'll probably be keeping all mine and hoping to catch a holly from the AP.

Since I've only got 1 adult of each kind, I want to expand it so I can hopefully be able to gift next year.

4 egg slots to my eggs

2 to the new ones

and 1 to a holly if I get lucky.

Though if someone offered me a good trade, I might give up one of my eggs.

there will be loads of previous Christmas eggs around (except Holly of course) - so people will be able to pick nice lineages

I might even drop one of my Yules if I find another 3rd Gen with White Checker that isn't related to my other.

I don't have many Holliday dragons but I'll probably keep a Yulebuck to me for breeding next year, if there isn't anyone that wants it, and then send the Snow Angels to the AP, again if no one wants them. Will try getting a Holly, a Winter Magi and a Ribbon Dancer.. Wish me luck

All of my Christmas dragons are promised to others, so I will just be breeding for them. Extras will be going to the AP of course, lol.

I have all of the previous years Christmas dragons, so I don't need to go hunting, although I might try my luck with getting a shorter-lineage Holly from the AP. More to keep myself occupied, than with any real hope laugh.gif

I will breed to gift, hopefully I'll make some people happy.

So if anyone wants to get a Christmas eggie, just PM me please. I'll breed anything except holly, since I don't have one.

Yulebuck hasn't the nicest lineage but it is a beloved gift from some very kind soul and would not change it even for a CB one. tongue.gif

i only have 1 of each dragon for Christmas and valentine. aside from the one IOU i have out on my xmas dragons, the rest will be gifted. and i'll be doing the norm of hunting the AP and gifting AP catches to the Holiday gifting thread (which is why i only have one of each)

With any Holiday dragon I breed to abandon to the AP, though I usually spread it out a bit (half of each breed close to the start, the other half close to the end of the breeding 'season').

Edit: that reminds me...I need to select mates for my winter magi (yeah I know it doesn't matter, but I like to have deticated mates for them).

Edited by Slaskia

My 2nd gen holly has his even gen offspring spoken for this year but My 3rd gen one does not. If I can't find a trade before x-mas I probably won't breed her at all. I like to know where my babies are going.

My other x-mas dragons are all open for trades this year too. None have been spoken for so far. I need to figure out what to breed my Winter magis to as well.

Beyond that I have to work x-mas eve and x-mas so I'll probably come on for the drop and then get a few hours sleep before work. rolleyes.gif

Unless someone asks me for one specifically, I'll just send mine to the AP. That is how I got almost all of mine, and I know a lot of people don't like to try and trade. My main goal this year is to find me some Holly's. That's gonna be fun.

I'm probably gonna be sending my holiday dragon's eggs to the AP as well unless I get a request.

I have CB's of all the Hoilday dragons (except Hollies) so I'm trading the 2nd gens. I'm not looking for anything much for them, just something from my wishlist or a couple CB hatchlings.

I promised one of my ribbon dancers' offspring but my snow angels, winter magis and yules are yet to find destined homes. Dunno which method I'll take this year. I'm keeping an eye out for sigs or profiles that mention holiday offspring but since most of mine are non-CB, I doubt they're much wanted.

Will most likely AP dump the winter magis unless someone requests a 2G offspring from me (feel free to!). ^^

Edited by Varekis

I usually dump all my X-mas dragons to the AP, though this year I'm still considering whether to change tactics or not since last year someone got both my Yule offspring and killed them dry.gif