StarSea

Garden Creatures

Whoa, I step out for a little bit and everything is getting revamped xd.png I look forward to seeing all of the new spriting changes and I'm extremely excited for the new site with breeding mechanics biggrin.gif

xd.png Indeed! And I can't wait to get some species to make hybrids with! And as a matter of fact, I'm going to steal one site's idea for a few seconds to check out something unique with the hybrid breeding. Perhaps even something that people will love to take advantage of in future creatures. happy.gif

xd.png Indeed! And I can't wait to get some species to make hybrids with! And as a matter of fact, I'm going to steal one site's idea for a few seconds to check out something unique with the hybrid breeding. Perhaps even something that people will love to take advantage of in future creatures. happy.gif

Oooooh I'm curious as to what this idea will be ohmy.gif

It has to be epic! laugh.gif

/which reminds me I need to work on my own site's hybrid breeding and stat breeding xd.png/

The more I read what you are doing to the site the more I can't wait for it all to be done. Star.

I was severely distracted yesterday with a number of things, majorly learning Japanese to please my teacher whom wants a report in Japanese by the end of Spring Break, and punished greatly with a headache from trying to remember it all and being on the computer for 21 hours. >n< Never doing that again unless I absolutely have to.

I'm finally setting up the planned testing/backup site that I've been wanting to do for a few days, so hopefully if all goes well, I'll be able to merge the databases so that I can have the two admin accounts (the second for back up in case something happens and I accidentally remove myself from Admin position on the first one (though I believe I may be able to fix that through the phpMyAdmin, but it's still good to have a back up)) and everybody that previously signed up will still have their accounts. If not, I can just override the new user database with the old one and then sign up the second admin account later.

Hey, do you guys get emails when you sign up for the site? If not, and I can't manage to splice the two user database files, then I may just manually sign you all up. I'd probably make it something simple and stupid so that you all can just easily guess and get in to change it, but if not you could always go and reset it yourself in a matter of seconds.

Shoot. sad.gif I keep trying to upgrade the site with the old database, but it keeps rejecting to work properly.

I'm sorry guys, I've tried everything I could think of to make it so that nobody has to sign up again, but it just refuses to accept anything from the site before the update. I'm gonna see if I can manually remake everybody's accounts, see if that'll work.

Edited by StarSea

I can see why you would have a headache learning all that stuff.

I don't think we ever got any emails when we joined the new site. If it is easier on you to have the game send them when we register then doing all the work yourself then do it that way.

Don't worry about it so much Star, if we have to sign up then so be it. It will be worth it just to start playing again.

But I should! D: This is like the umpteenth time you've had to register! sad.gif

And okay for no emails. smile.gif That helps out a bit.

And I just had a pretty awesome idea of how I can make this work. tongue.gif It'll be a little trial and error so that nobody can be certain of another player's password.

smile.gif Just had a neat idea of a template for the creature wiki pages.

We're now going to have a page called "Arcade". For now, it'll just have games to play. Eventually I plan on making some flash games that you can earn seeds from playing. smile.gif

Edited by StarSea

But I should! D: This is like the umpteenth time you've had to register! sad.gif

And okay for no emails. smile.gif That helps out a bit.

And I just had a pretty awesome idea of how I can make this work. tongue.gif It'll be a little trial and error so that nobody can be certain of another player's password.

smile.gif Just had a neat idea of a template for the creature wiki pages.

We're now going to have a page called "Arcade". For now, it'll just have games to play. Eventually I plan on making some flash games that you can earn seeds from playing. smile.gif

You would be the only site that some of us has had to do that Star so if we have to we have to.

I hope whatever you are doing works out.

And what is the template? Or do we have to wait and see what it is?

YEAH I love a game site that has other games on it smile.gif .Sounds cool to me Star.

The site is getting a new theme? Can't wait to see what it looks like! Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to add a new theme. XP

Not a new theme. Just a new template for the creature wiki pages. smile.gif I'd love to make a new theme, but I don't know THAT much coding. xd.png

Anyways, it's past 4am here, and I've got 11am ortho that I have to leave before 10am for, so I should really be getting to sleep. >n<

Good luck at the dentist Star. I can't wait for the site to be back up again.

Aww, because they had that stuff at myadopts so I'm wondering if there was a similar thing.

Edit: biggrin.gif o.o I just got a little help on the MysAdopts forum and turns out it's actually very easy!

Edited by Wallie987

Okay, do you guys want 'elements' for the creatures? It won't really affect them in any way...

As in: the panda bird will be an air element or something? If the element will be displayed on the image then uhm... maybe not?

Thanks Wallie987. I agree with the others that it is not necessary .

Okay. smile.gif /sorry for not responding. >_< And thanks Wallie.

I've been doing tons with the site, so hopefully it won't be much longer until I have it up again! And for good, this time! *sigh* And now I'm really far behind on stuff for creatures. v_v So much to do... I wish there was no such thing as school.

I can't wait to see the new site Star. I also hated school when I had to go.

You don't know how to change the background of the wiki pages? I thought they had something like this:

{

background:

}

or like that....

No Girl, I'm not using any kind of wiki that is already out like Wikispaces or Wikia. I'm just making my own because I don't really favor either of those... Well... I may start using Wikia because it'd be SO much easier. *goes to check it out* I don't like Wikispaces because people have to make a wikispaces account and login to be able to see the pages and I didn't really like Wikia because anybody and everybody can change anything and everything in it, so people could just start putting up random stuff that isn't true.

Well, you can... Ban them from your wikia or something, maybe.... And I don't even own a wikispaces.

Holy shoot! O.o I just bred THREE golds!! biggrin.gif

o.o And I see a new release I'm probably missing out on...

Anywho, I've found a new file type with GIMP that saves the image along WITH the layers, so I'm going to be redoing the hatching sequence into that, and I may even actually redo it so there aren't so many stages. I may even lower the amount of clicks needed to get to each stage as well if I manage to chop it down low enough. smile.gif

Made a Wikia... I'm just adding in random pages. >_< If you want, you can just type random things into them for now, but please try to keep it relevant to the item. Such as for the Water, you'd say something about how it was an item in the first stages of the site back at the myadopts site before it went down.

http://gardencreatures.wikia.com

I don't know how to make it so you see a description for each of the stages yet, so for now I'll just put in the descriptions for the hatchlings and adults and you all can read them there. :L

Edited by StarSea