StarSea

Garden Creatures

o.o 1.3.3 is out! Since the site is still very young, I think I can switch up. smile.gif Oh... please don't tell me that I have to burn the site into a disk! ><

Nope. Just create a new folder (I usually put them on my desktop) and open Filezilla. Open your site and open the public folder. Highlight all of your files and move them to your folder you created on the left side. Then the database, gimme a sec... I did it before, but I can't guide you through it from memory.

Thanks star! First caterpillar has stepped onto the site (for the 2nd time) and no more will be coming for a while because there's a bug on the adopt page... o.o

I'm waiting for the files to upload right now. Once it does, I'll check it out. smile.gif

Oh! You're currently installing it? Because several people are having issues with the adopt page so just a quick heads up. smile.gif

Okay. smile.gif If I have problems too, I'm going to see about deleting some of the adoption files and replacing them with the old adoption files and see if that works.

Right now I'm uploading the favicon and the forums folders so that users will be able to get to the forums again.

This may take a while. We've got a painfully slow internet to start with and it doesn't help that two people are on netflix right now.

I've got church tomorrow so I won't be on for a few hours in the morning, and as it's school night tomorrow, I might go to bed early, but I'll try to get as much work done as I can now that I've had my fill of learning Japanese for the week. xd.png

Edited by StarSea

Oh! Apparently, this issue is caused by not having an available adoptable. Also, all adopt species have to be deleted through the x10hosting php my admin.

http://gardencreatures.x10.mx/

Ain't she gorgeous!? xd.png

Now that that's fixed... *goes to do site stuff*

Guys, don't start signing up yet! I've downloaded a copy of the database, so I should be able to simply replace the users section with the one from the old site and everyone should then be back. smile.gif

Edited by StarSea

Looks like GC is moving into mega-alpha! Unfortunately for me, CC is still in very-low-stage-omega-alpha.

Yeah. xd.png I just have to upload all the files again. I don't feel like destroying the site at this moment by using Filezilla to just throw old files in there all willy nilly.

Looks like I may have to reinstall the forums, however... :L It keeps redirecting /forums/ back to the index page.

Edited by StarSea

I can't wait for the site to be up again and I can get back to my eggs and hatchies. I miss them so much.

I'm gonna be giving all of the creatures a make over, and I'm making some new items. I'm going to be revamping the Spring water as well. Make it look a bit nicer instead of just a jar of water with random bright things in it. xd.png

Grandamel is gonna get a major revamp. Especially on the account of its eyes and legs.

I'm currently on the search of someone who can draw anthros and/or humans pretty well for low pay. I don't have much money right now...

Edited by StarSea

Ooo I can't wait to see what the new versions will look like. Wish I could help out but I stink when it comes to drawing.

My guess is that the humans are either caregivers or food to the creatures laugh.gif

I could draw humans/anthros, but I can't sprite. And I'm not very amazing. But I would do it for free x3

That would be awesome, the both of you! And don't worry Girl, it's fine. happy.gif

I may end up raising the wait time between breedings a bit because of some new items I'm making, so... It may go from 4 to something like 5 or 6. Probably not 7+, but if people start getting coins to easily and buying big amounts of them, then I'll either up their price or lower how much you get per click.

I'm taking the day off of learning Japanese to work on my coding learning quite a bit more. I already know most of this HTML stuff that it's going through, so I should get to CSS and PHP fairly quick.

Alright, got quite a ways done with some things. smile.gif My internet is gonna go off soon, but while it's off I'm going to be working on some more items. I hope to have a good deal of useful things for you all out by the time I've finished.

Edited by StarSea

Okey! I'll make my first person... tongue.gif

Edit: It's not the best since I did this one withought a paper draft so I DEFINITELY need to redo the arms - they're tiny! The next one is quite a bit diferent. Is there a specific style you're looking for?user posted image

O.o FInally finished. Hopefully yours won't be so detailed (took me weeks):

http://caterpillarcave.x10.mx/pages/view/caque-sugar

Edited by Wallie987

xd.png They could be food! My first thought was actually shop owners. laugh.gif

Oh...oops laugh.gif They can be both. If they don't do a good job then feed them to the animals.

*headdesk* This if, elseif, and else PHP is kinda confusing because i keep thinking that you need to make Else equal something, but you don't.

EDIT:

No real specific style. smile.gif I think I need three guys and some girls. I can't quite remember...

EDIT II:

Awesome, I may be losing my computer for a while because mom decides that she can do and say anything she wants to me and that I should be the nicest person in the world to her and never get angry or anything. So yeah, I may be able to still learn coding and all that when I get the library at school, but I won't really be able to do anything site-wise. sad.gif

Edited by StarSea

That really bites Star. I hope you can talk to her and get her to change her view of you to the better. Not sure why she is doing this to you, but maybe you should talk to her Dr. about this as it could be a underlying problem to something mental.

Edited by Jedi40

Okay, so far Spring Water has gotten a makeover as with Turndacan. They both have the same lines, just different shading. I hope I made the Spring Water look more 'glassy' than it ever was before with the completely opaque body and all.