KyokoYei2

Lucid Dreaming

Can't get into a lucid one no matter how hard I try. I've done the thing where you walk yourself up with an alarm, and lie quietly for 30 min telling yourself what you will dream about. But then when I actually get into the dream, I feel like my real self is fighting with my dream self to take control, but my real self just can't. My real self is easily frustrated so maybe thats why.

Although I have noticed since trying to lucid dream I have started sleep walking, which I have never done in my entire life. I don't get very far, I usually go to the kitchen or the bathroom. Usually my mom catches me and sends me back to bed. However one time I did wake up in the middle of it and I was going down the hall, I felt so nauseous and everything was spinning; I had to grab onto the wall. I tried to talk to my mom because she asked me if I was okay and I couldn't control my mouth, just got out a few garbled sounds. Next thing I knew I was waking up in my bed.

I know that I have many Lucid Dreams. Except sometimes I can control what I say or do.....or not. I hate those dreams where you know that your going to die though (for other lucid dreamers like me)!

Aish, so I'm not the only one! xd.png

My lucid dreams are very short and far between. Actually, just the other day I had one. I was talking to dream characters when my hand went up to my nose and I could breathe. It was so trippy xd.png but not too long after that when I talked to a character about helping me recognize lucid dreams I lost it. I forget that rubbing my hands helps prolong lucid dreams. So I had to change and add that to my reality checks. First lucid dream in almost five months!!

Aish, so I'm not the only one! xd.png

My lucid dreams are very short and far between. Actually, just the other day I had one. I was talking to dream characters when my hand went up to my nose and I could breathe. It was so trippy xd.png but not too long after that when I talked to a character about helping me recognize lucid dreams I lost it. I forget that rubbing my hands helps prolong lucid dreams. So I had to change and add that to my reality checks. First lucid dream in almost five months!!

I have Lucid dreams usually once every 2 weeks. A few days ago, I had this weird Lucid dream about one of my teachers having an elective class called the "Nutbolts." All you did was gather with your friends and talked. At the end of this dream, a dragon came (It looked like a cross between a red and a shadow walker) and it tried to kill my friend and I! Well, that was a lucid dream so I just slapped myself in the dream and woke up before I died.

I also have VERY random dreams lol.

I have Lucid dreams usually once every 2 weeks. A few days ago, I had this weird Lucid dream about one of my teachers having an elective class called the "Nutbolts." All you did was gather with your friends and talked. At the end of this dream, a dragon came (It looked like a cross between a red and a shadow walker) and it tried to kill my friend and I! Well, that was a lucid dream so I just slapped myself in the dream and woke up before I died.

I also have VERY random dreams lol.

Haha. Wow xd.png

I wish I had lucid dreams that close together. I have them like every 4 months.

Just the other night, I had a lucid dream about the DC Forum. Maybe that's a sign that I'm on it too much. dry.gif

I don't lucid dream much, generally in a nightmare and I force myself out of the dream just in the nick of time. Used to I'd have to move my arms in the real world and open my eyelids, but lately I just envision a portal and fall through back onto my real bed. If i dream I trip and fall, when i'm about to hit the ground I wake up with a start.

I also get delirious when I have the fever, it's sorta similar. Out of the two i prefer a lucid nightmare, when things go bad while your delirious, you have little if any control.

I have had a few lucid dreams, mostly about flying those are fun. I have tried to get myself to lucid dream before and I actually got somewhat good at it but then I gave up, I might try again, I still have a little control over my dreams, I can force myself awake if I'm having a nightmare, or change the direction a bit, like a lot of people.

The best thing that worked for me is they say things like light switches and digital clocks in dreams don't make sense, so if you're awake and you flip on a light switch ask yourself if your dreaming, eventually the idea is that you'll be in a dream and you'll do this and realize the light switch does nothing or it's weird.. I think this idea of am I awake works with other things to, like looking at the moon or the sky and so on, and then from there you try to take control of your dream without waking up, hopefully.. it took awhile before I stopped waking up.

I scarcely ever remember my dreams. The ones I DO remember are pretty weird. I only ONCE recall ever lucid dreaming. I actually did this lucid dreaming program for a while. It didn't work for me, but I just think that's because I wasn't on it long enough.

I've had several lucid dreams, but the lucid moments rarely last long. A couple seconds at most, and really all that happens is I sort of realize I'm dreaming but I still don't have much control and it slips fast. And I tend to not really remember my dreams anyway...

I'd like to keep a dream journal, but I'm horridly forgetful and lazy. XD especially when I'm just waking...

Edited by Switch

Ive hadna few of those as a kid, but couldnt ever control them. Felt likemi was halfmalseep but knew was going on. I can never control my dreams though.

Also, I dont really have nightmares anymore. INstead it's always fights inget in with my stepmom I hate. I always sake up heart beating fast from swinging my arms or something. I really hate my stepmom btw.

I was all into this a few years ago.. I had an alarm set in the middle of the night almost every day for about 6 months, I kept a dream journal, did realty checks all the time etc..

I did everything I could dry.gif But still, never had one.

Then I just gave up, and I haven't even tried since then. Maybe I should give it another go..

I have them, but I have them "naturally." I don't know how to induce one, I don't even know what triggers my regular dreams to go lucid, and it takes great effort for me to bend my dream-reality to my will without waking up.

But it's neat when it does happen. I should work on inducing them.

I actually find that by doing guided meditation of sorts, it's very similar to lucid dreaming. I can change/control my actions and certain aspects of the surroundings. I've used it to help heal past inner wounds, to calm myself, to find out things about myself. It's a great tool. I think more people should practice, honestly.

Has anyone else done guided meditation? Any results? Or does no one agree with me on the similarity/sameness?

I don't remember anything since I was a child. These were more of strange OB experiences. My great grandmother just passed away, and I remember flying away with her. I saw wispy spirits all around me so I know I was in some sort of "spirit realm" onto the afterlife possibly? My chord snapped me back into my body. Felt like a bungee chord when you spring up. I instantly awoke back in my bed and I remember being cold. I think I was going too far and got snapped back to my body for protection because you know you can get lost out there and even die. Nobody really knows what happens...but this is just what I think happened from my own experience. I was ten at the time. I think a few years later I had another dream where I was flying and got snapped back, thing is I don't remember the dream. I only remember feeling shocked to be moving so fast back to my body and awakened instantly....kinda strange how time don't exist in sleep.

Usually only anxiety of not being able to run fast instead I move like a snail tongue.gif For instance I remember a dream of dinosaurs and I was trying to run away and I couldn't. Another dream when I was much younger and I knew someone was chasing me to harm me and I was moving so slow trying to run instead I panicked and just woke up. Other than that those flying dreams seemed in my control until I was snapped back >.>

Edited by shovedtbh

I lucid dream quite often, actually. It's not very strong, though; all that really happens is I'm somehow able to postpone some disaster. The tornado dreams I've had, for example, I've always been able to get to where I'm going just before the tornado strikes even though realistically it should have hit long ago. I've noticed that it happens more often when I write down those dreams, and for that I keep my phone right next to me in bed so that I can write it down as soon as I wake up.

I haven't read the whole topic yet (trying to collect Easter egg stuff on DC), but I must know... does anybody actually "feel" what they're doing in their dreams? I think the most common one I have is my legs becoming hinderingly heavy, and usually when I'm trying to run from something, but there have been other things like water, and I once had a really weird dream that the only thing from it that I could remember was that I was bit in my armpit by a snake, and other times I've been electrically shocked (before lucid dreaming took over and I was able to physically detach myself from my dream body, so the antagonist was still shocking me but I couldn't feel it anymore).

So, I went to a movie with my friend about a week ago, and we decided he could sleep over. Middle of night, I'm wide awake, hes out cold. Suddenly, he gets up, walks across the room, and slams into the wall. Out cold again. Later, he tells me he was deaming about walking down this long hallway, and someone swings open a door and slams against him. xd.png

My mom sleepwalks and sleeptalks. When she was in her mid-teens, she once sleptwalk down two flights of stairs, hid her retainers into one of the houseplants, went back upstairs to bed, and the next morning she didn't remember anything. They didn't find her retainer for two years.

To my knowledge, I don't sleepwalk or sleeptalk. And I'm not entirely sure what all this has to do with lucid dreaming. xd.png

I think I have done this many times now I mostly remember my dreams which is good. I know that I have this one dream that has reacurred over many years. It probably happens once a year where I am riding a bicycle down a road on a hill that my grandmother's house is on. On that hill there is a small bulge I guess is the right word and my bycicle goes flying off it and one of four things have happened. One I slam into the pavement and wake up, two I land perfectly and keep riding on, three I do an E.T. moment and fly away on the bike, or (warning this one is kinda gory) I land fine for a few seconds then fall over to be hit by a car and wake up from that. Thankfully the last one only happened once and I changed from being the person being runned over to being in my grandmother's driveway witnessing it. Was very realistic to me though, it was so realistic I actually asked my mother if it happened for real.

I have had many others this one just sticks out the most for me right now. I have also found that I may wake up from a dream that I like and force myself back to sleep, continuing that dream in a half awake state.

It was only when I found out what lucid dreams were that I realised I've always had them, I'm not sure Ive ever had a dream that hasn't felt real and immersive but also able to be manipulated.

I used to have only lucid dreams but I never was able to manipulate them as I wanted to. There was always something wrong in the result so I gave up in trying to change my dreams. Only when I have a nightmare or some dream I really don't like I turn away from it and walk through the next wall right into the next dream. And if I don't like that, too, I just keep walking until I find one that seems acceptable.