Lord_Kishin

Changing "Back to actions" link on Abandons

I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything like it.. maybe I didn't search with the right search terms. If I did error I apologize.

The "back to actions" link after abandoning an egg/hatchling seems rather redundant to me since you can't go to the actions of that egg or hatchling once it's been abandoned.

My suggestion is changing it to "back to your dragons" and possibly adding one next to it that takes you to the abandon page

Just a thought. smile.gif

I'm going to apologize right off the bat if this is a duplicate thread. I did a search, but I'm half asleep and wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

We're all familiar with the "back to actions" button that appears after abandoning an egg or hatchling to the AP. I've never understood why this was there, and it seems to be one of the most useless buttons ever. After you've abandoned an egg, it doesn't have any actions to go back to, and the page saying, "This egg is abandoned!" is quite redundant after seeing a page that says, "You set the egg down outside the cave where you found it and walk away."

It would make more sense to instead have a "Go to Abandon Page" or remove the link entirely.

So, I abandon eggs a lot, look to see if they are good, then re-abandon. I always have to go back to the main cave to get to the ap again. My suggestion is to link "A familiar-looking cave" and "The cave where you found it" to the AP.

Okay, this is a really small detail, but it's been bugging me for awhile now. When you abandon an egg (or hatchy) the page shows three things: The egg you just abandoned, the message that you abandoned it, and a link back to actions. It's the third thing that bothers me.

Some screenshots before I go on:

user posted image

As you can see, that "Back to actions" link is completely useless. Like I said, it is a very small thing, but it bothers me nonetheless. Maybe it's just my inner neat-freak showing. Anyway, think we can remove the link? Or change it to one that goes back to your dragons?

Any way we could have a list of links replace it? Like:

Abandoned Eggs

Wilderness

Graveyard

Or even let us make our own custom links? (instead of using the bookmarks toolbar)

If I am playing catch and release in the AP, looking for pretty lineages, I would appreciate a link back to the AP. So maybe two links -- one to your scroll and one to the AP?

On a similar note, I'd like to suggest that on the page where you pick up an egg from the AP, a link to your dragons and a link back to the AP are there. When I'm at home I play on mac, where you can't open a new tab to catch an egg - so I have to go back and then refresh the page (for which there isn't a convenient single button). It would save a small bit of effort if, when AP-hunting, I could have a link on the grab an egg page to go to my dragons and to go back to the AP.

Oh yeah, and a +1 support for adding both of the links to the abandon page biggrin.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It is rather odd. Though my vote would be just to scrap the link without putting another in it's place. None are really needed.

I actually almost never use the Back to actions link on any of the action pages. I don't often, if ever, need to use two actions on the same dragon at one time.

I actually almost never use the Back to actions link on any of the action pages. I don't often, if ever, need to use two actions on the same dragon at one time.

Yeah, but I don't think it hurts since your scroll link is at the top of the page at all times, anyway.

Huh. I never even noticed that before. Yeah, it doesn't make sense that way and should definitely be changed or just deleted.

If you click on that "back to actions" link on an egg you've abandoned, all you get is a message saying "This egg is abandoned!" It is pretty redundant, and I don't think it would be missed if it were removed. A "back to scroll" link would be more useful, but no link at all would also be fine with me.

I'd like to have it change the link back to the AP. Since that is where I go when I dump an egg I just grabbed from there.

It may just be part of the overall page template.

I actually do use the 'back to actions' sometimes...

I 'freeze' and then 'name'. Or sometimes 'name' and then 'freeze'. xd.png

I'd like it to go to the abandoned page, myself smile.gif

Link to the abandoned page...

I was going to post this but boo you procrastination xd.png

Every time when I abandon an egg to the AP, it show the message.

And below it's link to the eggs/hatchling's action.

When I click on "Back to Action" it just said "This egg is abandoned!"

Then we have to click on the "Dragon" or the "Cave" to leave this page.

I mean, what's the point in displaying a link that's useless?

Maybe just change it to going to AP, or the cave main page?

Another suggestion came up with this with a different explanation of why this is something users may want:

I'm going to apologize right off the bat if this is a duplicate thread. I did a search, but I'm half asleep and wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

We're all familiar with the "back to actions" button that appears after abandoning an egg or hatchling to the AP. I've never understood why this was there, and it seems to be one of the most useless buttons ever. After you've abandoned an egg, it doesn't have any actions to go back to, and the page saying, "This egg is abandoned!" is quite redundant after seeing a page that says, "You set the egg down outside the cave where you found it and walk away."

It would make more sense to instead have a "Go to Abandon Page" or remove the link entirely.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Uh... How long does it take to click one of the other buttons? Three seconds? Two seconds?

As EEF pointed out, there are much better solutions. Actually, this isn't even a problem.

Are you really that lazy? Or is your internet slow? Either way this is a ridiculous request. Sorry, but I don't agree.

Instead of clicking the link that says "back to actions," click the link on the top of the page that says "Cave."

Problem solved.

I agree that "Back to Actions" is rather pointless, but I don't think there's a real need to change it to an AP link. *shrugs* There's bigger things to worry about changing.

I wouldn't call this idea lazy: it is trying to offer an alternative to something that doesn't seem to have a purpose. However, it would make more sense to remove a link entirely. But I don't think most people are really affected by it for it to be an issue either way.

I don't see it as a big problem, I use both backspace and the link if I want to do something else with my egg/hatchling <.< No point in changing something that works OK.

I don't see it as a big problem, I use both backspace and the link if I want to do something else with my egg/hatchling <.< No point in changing something that works OK.

But the thing is, you CAN'T do anything else with it because it's no longer YOUR dragon once you've abandoned it.

I agree that it's not really a problem, though. But it IS pretty pointless to have a link to the actions page of a dragon you've just abandoned since you can't do anything with it anymore...

But the thing is, you CAN'T do anything else with it because it's no longer YOUR dragon once you've abandoned it.

I agree that it's not really a problem, though. But it IS pretty pointless to have a link to the actions page of a dragon you've just abandoned since you can't do anything with it anymore...

This. It isn't the laziness think, it is just a useless link, really.

Whatever you do when you get to that page will be click a link. Why not replace it with one that goes somewhere... Even to the ToS as so many people seem to forget them xd.png

Hmm. Indeed, you're right about this one specific example.

Why not replace it with one that goes somewhere...

Leave it as it is, just leading to NyanCat. Just because.<3

On a different note, I'd love an AP link appearing in the biomes as well <.< It's not like I'm lazy (...okay, I am.), I just think it would encourage more to take abandoned eggs. In case you get bored with seeing the same Waterhorse sitting 15 minutes in the Coast, or something.

/fails at good ideas actually

Edited by Light Concorde

Hmm. Indeed, you're right about this one specific example.

Leave it as it is, just leading to NyanCat. Just because.<3

On a different note, I'd love an AP link appearing in the biomes as well <.< It's not like I'm lazy (...okay, I am.), I just think it would encourage more to take abandoned eggs. In case you get bored with seeing the same Waterhorse sitting 15 minutes in the Coast, or something.

/fails at good ideas actually

Where does it go ? I have nothing I want to abandon just now !

And yes to an AP link among the biomes.

Where does it go ? I have nothing I want to abandon just now !

Every time when I abandon an egg to the AP, it show the message.

And below it's link to the eggs/hatchling's action.

When I click on "Back to Action" it just said "This egg is abandoned!"