Flamingo

Doing Away With Auto-AP

I don't have strong feelings either way about this. Do I think it's a rotten idea because we should all be responsible for our own breeding? No, because everyone has forgotten to double-check their egg count before breeding at some point. I don't think that the 'personal responsibility' argument is a strong enough one to destroy this idea.

However, do I think it's the best idea ever and support because it would be super convenient for me? Well, not exactly. There will still be user-driven issues - people misclicking on which egg they want to abandon, people putting off abandoning one of the eggs until the ultimate time limit so they can try to cheat the system, or forgetting that they had to pick one and losing their nice egg anyway.

In the end, would I use such a feature? Heck yes. Is the answer to all our problems? Heck no. Is it unfair because people should just be responsible with their own stupid breeding? Eh. I don't think it matters either way. From an RP standpoint, at least, it makes more sense to get to pick the egg you're throwing away.

(And I'm pretty sure the OP is perfectly aware of all the ways to avoid the auto-abandon happening, y'all. This is obviously not a suggestion being made due to ignorance.)

Edited by LibbyLishly

It just seems like cheating to me to be able to keep breeding if you are locked and then keep a good egg if you get one. I could support it if there were a limit of one egg per a certain time period -- maybe a day. That would cover the accidental breeding-while-locked scenario without allowing mass breeding until you get an egg you want to keep.

I mis-counted mine once and lost a Hell'sGraves egg or two. They're easy enough to replace, but it was annoying all the same.

As for the "catch 4, breed 5" thing, that only lasted until the ability to earn more slots, by raising a certain number of dragons, and so is somewhat outdated. I know there's at least one thread suggesting that more levels be added, rather than "No, Bronze, Silver, Gold" trophies.

One the one hand, I think "tough luck" because there has to be some level of risk, of failure, in a game, or there's no satisfaction in beating/playing it. There's a chance someone else may get that CB Metal you saw. There's a chance your eggs might get sick/die if you try to hatch[erie] them too quickly. There's a chance Earthquake kills the egg, a chance the Vampire bite kills it, and there's a chance your Neglected Experiment may fail. That's why Neglecteds are so prized, and why Vampires tend to be snatched up right away in the AP. The risk.

I do wish there was a once-in-awhile grace period. One egg every pre-selected time demarcation. A week? Two weeks?

I also have to say a "no" to this for reasons all ready stated. I would much prefer a warning that you are egg-locked once you get to a dragons breeding page rather than the choice to egg-swap.

Talk about necropost, the last post was from a year and a month ago XD Wait no it looks more like someone made a topic and it was moved to this one O.o

Sure, people make mistakes and don't check their eggs or miscount or misclick, but really it's just tough luck. :\ If you're going to breed something valuable you double, triple, quadruple check to make sure it won't auto.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm a "no" on this as well, pretty much for what ZzelaBusya said.

A warning would be better if we must have something, but I'd rather not have a warning either because I breed when I'm egglocked on purpose to send nice things to the AP.

Meh, yeah no. While the occasional auto-ap can be quite annoying (I recall one particularly frustrating gold egg that was abandoned when I was locked by hatchies and had only counted my eggs...) its just part of the game. But mostly, I don't like the idea that someone can lock themselves with whatever they like and then breed all their shinys and only keep the ones that go the way they like.

Meh, yeah no. While the occasional auto-ap can be quite annoying (I recall one particularly frustrating gold egg that was abandoned when I was locked by hatchies and had only counted my eggs...) its just part of the game. But mostly, I don't like the idea that someone can lock themselves with whatever they like and then breed all their shinys and only keep the ones that go the way they like.

This. And even given that the other week, I caught an egg in the AP, found it wasn't the right lineage and abandoned it again - then bred one for a fairly important linage - and must have done it fractionally too fast - it autod, thinking I still had the AP egg. I was livid. It ended up wild. But - my fault. I will live with it - I have to. That's life.

This feels a bit like being picked up by the cops for speeding and complaining because it was OK when you went the same speed LAST week...

I would like a warning(not a pop up or confirmation button, just red text), but that is it.

Sigh, really? This babysitting suggestion again?

If you can't be bothered to click on your trophy to double-check whether you're locked before trying to breed this OMG-super-valuable-hard-to-breed-ultra-rare-I-can't-afford-to-lose, then by all means it's your own fault, hard cheese. Get over it.

Edited by CNR4806

Clicking on the gold trophy will tell you your current limits too. ^^;;

Clicking on the gold trophy will tell you your current limits too. ^^;;

Ooh, I didn't know this! Thank you!

No. If the egg is that important, there are so many ways to double-check and be certain you have the space.

I also have to say a "no" to this for reasons all ready stated. I would much prefer a warning that you are egg-locked once you get to a dragons breeding page rather than the choice to egg-swap.

I like the idea of the warning before you breed.

A line of red text saying "hey! you are locked" next to the breeding link would be fine and wouldn't interfere with deliberate breeding while locked.

Not in favor.

If you're breeding a dragon and there's a chance you'll want to keep its offspring, it's your own responsibility to make sure you have room for it. Either count for yourself or use your trophy.

I'll totally support a simple warning message before you breed (just message, no pop-up or confirmation stuff). That will satisfy those who "accidentally" auto-AP, but won't be babysitting or unfair.

I, too, prefer the idea of a warning message before breeding. That still allows you time to abandon a current egg before breeding. Yes, the breeding may fail, and you may have abandoned an egg for no reason, but that's a risk you have to take. If you don't want to take the risk, you can wait to breed.

I definitely don't want Auto-AP done away with, and I don't like the idea of a warning message, either. People have to learn to double check or face the consequences, and I say that as someone who has had auto-abandons happen to me, too. It's one of the little traps of the game and I like it that way.

I'll support. I checked multiple times before I bred a white and daydream together. And I was sure I was unlocked. But guess what?, the only time they ever gave me a soulpeace with a nice code to boot, was when I was locked and thought I wasn't. Speaking of which, if you find the egg in the ap I would hope whoever gets it gives it back to me. I've even named the parents to say so.

So overall, I'll defiantly support. As many times as I checked and it still auto-abandoned because my two Yulebuck eggs blended together in my eyes so I only saw one. D:<

I'll support. I checked multiple times before I bred a white and daydream together. And I was sure I was unlocked. But guess what?, the only time they ever gave me a soulpeace with a nice code to boot, was when I was locked and thought I wasn't. Speaking of which, if you find the egg in the ap I would hope whoever gets it gives it back to me. I've even named the parents to say so.

So overall, I'll defiantly support. As many times as I checked and it still auto-abandoned because my two Yulebuck eggs blended together in my eyes so I only saw one. D:<

This page. Click on it, scroll to the bottom.

And yes, as many have mentioned, clicking the trophy on your /dragons page leads there as well.

Dosnt load for me. My phone refuses to load that. Tried before many times.

I only use a phone to play dc too, so don't say something like hop on a PC, I don't own one.

It's still a technical problem that should be resolved by fixing exactly what caused you to be unable to load that page, not by adding a new babysitting feature, especially not the cherry-picking one that removes the risk of overbreeding almost completely.

Edited by CNR4806

It's still a technical problem that should be resolved by fixing exactly what caused you to be unable to load that page, not by adding a new babysitting feature, especially not the cherry-picking one that removes the risk of overbreeding almost completely.

I don't see it as cherry picking, I see it as a way to help those who can't see well or don't have a fast enough connection to be able to correctly and efficiently play the game. Some people can check as many times as they like and still wouldn't be able to tell there locked. This feature would be supportive to people visually or connectively impaired in some shape or form.

The problem with that is that it's *impossible* to level the playing field completely, and normally pointless to try. People have suggested all sorts of things concerning how fast eggs are grabbed in the biomes, because of the difference in users connectivity and speed. People have suggested changes to action pages because connectivity/physical problems makes it harder for some users to do all those extra clicks. There have been a *million* suggestions coated under the "make things easier for disadvantaged players" excuse, and frankly I don't think any of them got majority-support.

This is a game. An internet game. It can't cater to everyone. If you don't own a PC and can only access DC on your phone, well that's no reason to change the game. If people can't see separate dragons or for some reason can't click that *one* click (the badge) to check their limits, that's not really the game's fault and I don't think a feature that makes *everyone* able to pick-and-choose while locked is the answer.