ValidEmotions

Rise of the Guardians

Story

As a child, you were told tales about the holidays and their figureheads. You were told that Santa Claus traveled around the world, delivering gifts to good children in a single night, riding a magical sleigh pulled by enchanted reindeer. The Easter Bunny was an adorable rabbit that hopped around and hid eggs for everyone to find. When you lost your teeth, it was said the Tooth Fairy would come while you slept, taking your lost tooth and leaving behind a coin.

When you were small, you believed that the Sandman came each night to give you pleasant dreams. If you had nightmares, they were blamed on the Boogeyman and your parents told you he didn't exist. And of the cold winter? When fresh, crisp air nipped at your nose and fingertips, it was said that Jack Frost was playing around. Still, that was just an expression.

Now, what if I told you, they were real? What if I told you that Santa, Tooth, Bunny, Sandy, Jack and Pitch (the Boogeyman) all existed? Would you believe me?

Well, you better start believing then...

Santa Claus (known best as North by the others), Sandman, Bunnymund, Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost are the Guardians of Childhood. Each has what they call a 'center,' a special reason that made them Guardians. North is the Guardian of Wonder, Sandy is the Guardian of Dreams, Bunny is the Guardian of Hope, Tooth is the Guardian of Memories, and Jack is the Guardian of Fun. Together, the Guardians protect the children of Earth and all the things that keep them believing.

Do you believe me now?

Plot

Jack Frost had spent 300 years with no memories of how he came to be and no way of being seen by the children of Earth. Suddenly, when Pitch rose in an attempt to destroy the Guardians, Jack Frost was brought into the midst to fight for all that was good. Now he is part of the Guardians, a team previously consisting only of North, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, and Bunnymund. North leads the Guardians and the Man in the Moon is their main communicator of trouble.

That was 1,000 years ago...

Pitch Black has returned but he has not returned alone. With him, twisted copies of the Guardians have surfaced and follow his command, creating a harder obstacle for the holiday spirits to overcome. Can the Guardians of Good defeat their dark counterparts or will darkness finally be able to clutch the world in its cold, unforgiving, hands?

Canons

North: Guardian of Wonder

North isn't the typical belly-full-of-jelly character with which you are familiar. He's a warrior with a heart of gold. He's got Naughty tattooed on one arm and Nice on the other. Fierce, demanding, and impulsive, everything about him is larger than life. For North, nothing is impossible as long as he believes in it.

Bunnymund: Guardian of Hope

Bunnymund is a cool calm Australian as dry as the Outback. A natural ranger, he is an in the dirt, rough and tumble protector of nature. He follows nature's rhythms and when it's time to spring into action he waits for the perfect moment to act. And when he finally does, it's all over in a heartbeat with the help of his exploding eggs and enchanted boomerangs. Bunny is completely unflappable. The only thing that does get under his skin is North's constant ribbing about how Christmas is more important than Easter.

He can open holes to underground tunnels that allow him to get anywhere in seconds, he can control flora growth, and can possibly travel through time to some extent.

Sandman: Guardian of Dreams {Taken by Narvix}

Sandman is the guardian of dreams. Although he doesn't speak, he communicates through sand images that he conjures above his head much like a game of charades. Think Harp Marx meets Buddha. He is ancient and wise and incredibly powerful. Although peaceful by nature, the Sandman is a fierce fighter expertly wielding his dreamsand whips to fight Pitch and his nightmares.

Tooth Fairy: Guardian of Memories {Taken by Lachrymation}

Tooth is sweet, bubbly, elegant, daring, agile, graceful, charismatic, motherly, smart, a fierce fighter, and a Guardian. She adores the children of the world, cares very much for her fleet of mini-fairies, respects her friends, and is completely infatuated with Jack Frost. She loves what she does and does it with an unimaginable passion.

Tooth can fly, speaks every language, speak telepathically with her mini-fairys, can split into smaller copies of herself, and can sword-fight.

Tooth can use her fleet of mini-fairies to attack. Also, in the novelization, it says that Tooth uses her wings to 'slice' through the Nightmare creatures. Her wings may serve as replacements for her swords.

Jack Frost: Guardian of Fun {Taken by Jake434}

Jack Frost is a supernatural being much like the Guardians. But unlike the others he is a loner, the classic rebel without a cause. He is a teenage hellion who has no interest in being bound by rules or obligations and just wants to use his staff to spread his winter magic for the sake of personal amusement.

The source of his anti-social behavior towards the Guardians and refusal to ad here to rules was mostly because of his frustration with the Man in the Moon never answering his questions about who Jack was or why the Man in the Moon created him, and also because no human, child or adult, was ever able to see him for centuries since no one believed in him. But as he spends time in the company of the Guardians, each of them would have an effect on him that would change him from a mischief-making winter spirit to a full-fledged Guardian in his own right, as well a hero.

It was his refusal to give up in the face of overwhelming odds that enabled him to help one child, Jamie, to keep his beliefs in all of the Guardians as well as finally believe in Jack enough to see him.

Pitch Black: Being of Fear {Taken by Pudding}

Pitch is the boogeyman that hides under your bed and the reason you're afraid of the dark. He's had to endure generations of parents telling their children not to fear or believe in him, while the Guardians are beloved by all. But in his underground lair, Pitch has devised a plan to change all that. With the help of his sinister army of nightmares, Pitch plans to destroy belief in the Guardians and all they represent - until there is nothing left but fear.

Guardian Counterparts

Will fill in biographies as RP goes on. Shall be based on RPers.

North Counterpart: Being of Loathing

Ache: Being of Punishment {Taken by RainDash}

Appearance: She stands at about five foot six, and remains skinny, despite how much she eats. She may wear a modern hoodie, but it is slashed and ripped from use and self-infliction. She wears a black hoodie with stars splattered all over it. Her pants are loose cargo pants that are a kahki color and are ripped to be knee length. She prefers to be barefoot, but her feet are often cut and bloody. She keeps her white hair skiped and cropped close to her head so that it doesn't get in her way. It is unevenly cut due to her being the only one to allow herself to do so.

Personality: She lives in self-loathing. She could create the Mona Lisa, and yet never think she was good enough. As such, she is extremely creative, but never allows others to see her works. She prefers to be alone, as she has deemed the voice in her head as Paranoid, and right about her every quality. However, if other do wrong she would lash out and force them to be punished as well. She sees her trying to fix others and sees herself as too far gone to fix.

Abilities:

Punishment: She can force people to know exactly when they are going to be in trouble. If they are inflicted with this curse, they will be caught in the act of whatever they are doing and will be punished.

Cripple: This ability is random. It can inflict the victims with a loss of whatever offending part. Ex: If a child back talks, they become mute for a limited amount of time.

Cold As Ice: She can create ice, but needs water in the air to do so.

Weapon(s): She uses a bow made of ice or a whip. She prefers the whip fr close range, and the bow for long range.

Transportation: Skates on the ice she creates.

Tooth Fairy Counterpart: Being of Loss

Bunnymund Counterpart: Being of Despair

Rules

1. Please, follow all DCF rules.
  2. Remain PG-13. Romance and violence is allowed but not too much. Remember that the Guardians don't swear but, if you must throw in one or two choice words use censorkip.gif instead. NOTE: Please refrain from having a Counterpart and a Guardian fall in love.
  3. Adults do not believe in the Guardians, Pitch, or the Counterparts and therefore cannot see them. Children, however, can see the Guardians unless Pitch and his allies cause them to stop believing in which case, the Guardians can no longer be seen by them and can, instead, see Pitch.
  4. Send all profiles to me via PM.
  5. I will allow for a maximum of two (2) characters per person. However, you cannot have two Canons or two Counterparts, they must be one each. If you have two characters, you cannot have a Canon and his/her respective Counterpart; that is not fair in my opinion. E.g. RPing as North and his Counterpart. You must choose the Counterpart of someone else. If the only spaces that are open is a Canon and his/her Counterpart, then you are free to apply for both.
  6. This is a Semi-lit+ RP and so it is required to write at least one solid paragraph. That's five (5) full sentences with good spelling and grammar.
  7. Do not God-Mod/powerplay anyone else's character(s) or kill without permission. No Gary-Stues/Mary-Sues allowed. Everyone has flaws.
  8. Note that I am subject to add information and plot developments as the RP progresses.
  9. If you have read everything up to here: Title your profile PMs 'We protect those who believe.'

You might want to highlight something...

Skeleton

For Guardian Counterparts

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Counterpart Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (May be an image but please include a well written description of at least a paragraph. I will not accept any 'tall, blue eyes, blonde' lines.)
[b]Being of...:[/b] (Loathing, Punishment, Loss, or Despair)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Keep in mind they are evil counterparts and what they are a being of. At least a paragraph.)
[b]Abilities:[/b] (Max 3. Please refrain from anything extreme. Tie abilities to what the counterpart is a being of.)
[b]Weapon(s):[/b] (Max 2)
[b]Transportation:[/b] (Favorite mode of transportation.)
[b]Post Example:[/b]

For Guardians

[b]Guardian:[/b]
[b]Post Example:[/b] (So that I can be sure you are able to post as the desired cannon.)

All information given about the Guardians is copy/pasted from Rise of the Guardians wiki and can be found there as well as the official site for the movie and book series.

Edited by Narvix

Updates

-> 12/22/12: RP is OPEN. Tooth Fair, Sandman, Jack Frost, Pitch, and Jack Frost Counterpart (Ache), are taken.

Edited by Narvix

I'm not an approver myself but I am interested in joining this, possibly as Pitch. Since this hasn't got any critics so far, I'll point out a few spelling and gramatical errors I found.

When you were small, you believed that the Sandman came each night to give you pleasant dreams. If you had nightmares, they were blamed on the Boogyman and your parents told you he didn't exist.

Now, what if I told you, they were real? What if I told you that Santa, Tooth, Bunny, Sandy, Jack and Pitch (the Boogyman) all existed?

Boogyman should be Boogeyman.

Suddenly, when Pitch rose in an attempt to destroy the Guardians, Jack Frost was brought into the midsts to fight for all that was good.

Midsts should be midst.

That was a 1,000 years ago...

The "a" should be deleted. It reads currently as "That was a one thousand years ago" but should read as "That was one thousand years ago."

And when he finally does, it's all over in a heart beat with the help of his exploding eggs and enchanted boomerangs.

No space between heart and beat. Heartbeat is one word.

She loves what she does and does it with an unimmaginable passion.

Unimmaginable should be unimaginable. Simple spelling error.

With the help of his sinister army of nightmares. Pitch plans to destroy belief in the Guardians and all they represent - until there is nothing left but fear.

I think you meant this to be one sentence, not two. If it is supposed to be two sentences, the first is a fragment and should be revised but I think you just meant for the period to be a comma.

North isn't the typical belly-full-of-jelly character with which you are fimiliar

Familiar, not fimiliar.

Each have what they call a 'center,'

Have should be has.

The Guardians are led by North and the Man in the Moon is their main communicator of trouble.

The only other thing I could find is that this sentence should be "North leads the Guardians and the Man in the Moon is their main communicator of trouble" instead.

Also, could you reserve Pitch for me? I've confirmed my interest. It's a very good story.

Story

As a child, you were told tales about the holidays and they're figureheads. You were told that Santa Claus traveled around the world, delivering gifts to good children in a single night, riding a magical sleigh pulled by enchanted reindeer. The Easter Bunny was an adorable rabbit that hopped around and hid eggs for everyone to find. When you lost your teeth, it was said the Tooth Fairy would come while you slept, taking your lost tooth and leaving behind a coin.

When you were small, you believed that the Sandman came each night to give you pleasant dreams. If you had nightmares, they were blamed on the Boogeyman and your parents told you he didn't exist. And of the cold winter? When fresh, crisp air nipped at your nose and fingertips, it was said that Jack Frost was playing around. Still, that was just an expression.

Now, what if I told you, they were real? What if I told you that Santa, Tooth, Bunny, Sandy, Jack and Pitch (the Boogeyman) all existed? Would you believe me?

Well, you better start believing then...

Santa Claus (known best as North by the others), Sandman, Bunnymund, Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost are the Guardians of Childhood. Each has what they call a 'center,' a special reason that made them Guardians. North is the Guardian of Wonder, Sandy is the Guardian of Dreams, Bunny is the Guardian of Hope, Tooth is the Guardian of Memories, and Jack is the Guardian of Fun. Together, the Guardians protect the children of Earth and all the things that keep them believing.

Do you believe me now?

Plot

Jack Frost had spent 300 years with no memories of how he came to be and no way of being seen by the children of Earth. Suddenly, when Pitch rose in an attempt to destroy the Guardians, Jack Frost was brought into the midst to fight for all that was good. Now he is part of the Guardians, a team previously consisting only of North, Tooth Fairy, Sandman, and Bunnymund. North leads the Guardians and the Man in the Moon is their main communicator of trouble.

That was 1,000 years ago...

Pitch Black has returned but he has not returned alone. With him, twisted copies of the Guardians have surfaced and follow his command, creating a harder obstacle for the holiday spirits to overcome. Can the Guardians of Good defeat their dark counterparts or will darkness finally be able to clutch the world in its cold, unforgiving, hands?

Cannons

North: Guardian of Wonder

North isn't the typical belly-full-of-jelly character with which you are familiar. He's a warrior with a heart of gold. He's got Naughty tattooed on one arm and Nice on the other. Fierce, demanding, and impulsive, everything about him is larger than life. For North nothing is impossible as long as he believes in it.

Bunnymund: Guardian of Hope

Bunnymund is a cool calm Australian as dry as the Outback. A natural ranger, he is an in the dirt, rough and tumble protector of nature. He follows nature's rhythms and when it's time to spring into action he waits for the perfect moment to act. And when he finally does, it's all over in a heartbeat with the help of his exploding eggs and enchanted boomerangs. Bunny is completely unflappable. The only thing that does get under his skin is North's constant ribbing about how Christmas is more important than Easter.

He can open holes to underground tunnels that allow him to get anywhere in seconds, he can control flora growth, and can possibly travel through time to some extent.

Sandman: Guardian of Dreams {Taken by Narvix}

Sandman is the guardian of dreams. Although he doesn't speak, he communicates through sand images that he conjures above his head much like a game of charades. Think Harp Marx meets Buddha. He is ancient and wise and incredibly powerful. Although peaceful by nature, the Sandman is a fierce fighter expertly wielding his dreamsand whips to fight Pitch and his nightmares.

Tooth Fairy: Guardian of Memories

Tooth is a sweet, bubbly, elegant, daring, agile, graceful, charismatic, motherly, smart, a fierce fighter, and a Guardian. She adores the children of the world, cares very much for her fleet of mini-fairies, respects her friends, and is completely infatuated with Jack Frost. She loves what she does and does it with an unimaginable passion.

Tooth can fly, speaks every language, telepathic minifairy, communication, can split into smaller copies of herself, can sword-fight.

Tooth can use her fleet of mini-fairies to attack. Also, in the novelization, it says that Tooth uses her wings to 'slice' through the Nightmare creatures. Her wings may serve as replacements for her swords.

Jack Frost: Guardian of Fun

Jack Frost is a supernatural being much like the Guardians. But unlike the others he is a loner, the classic rebel without a cause. He is a teenage hellion who has no interest in being bound by rules or obligations and just wants to use his staff to spread his winter magic for the sake of personal amusement.

The source of his anti-social behavior towards the Guardians and refusal to ad here to rules was mostly because of his frustration with the Man in the Moon never answering his questions about who Jack was or why the Man in the Moon created him, and also because no human, child or adult, was ever able to see him for centuries since no one believed in him. But as he spends time in the company of the Guardians, each of them would have an effect on him that would change him from a mischief-making winter spirit to a full-fledged Guardian in his own right, as well a hero.

It was his refusal to give up in the face of overwhelming odds that enabled him to help one child, Jamie, to keep his beliefs in all of the Guardians as well as finally believe in Jack enough to see him.

Pitch Black: Being of Fear {Reserved by Pudding}

Pitch is the boogeyman that hides under your bed and the reason you're afraid of the dark. He's had to endure generations of parents telling their children not to fear or believe in him, while the Guardians are beloved by all. But in his underground lair Pitch has devised a plan to change all that. With the help of his sinister army of nightmares, Pitch plans to destroy belief in the Guardians and all they represent - until there is nothing left but fear.

Guardian Counterparts

Will fill in biographies as RP goes on. Shall be based on RPers.

North Counterpart: Being of Loathing

Jack Frost Counterpart: Being of Punishment

Tooth Fairy Counterpart: Being of Loss

Bunnymund Counterpart: Being of Despair

Rules

Please, follow all DCF rules.

Remain PG-13. Romance and violence is allowed but not too much. Remember that the Guardians don't swear but, if you must throw in one or two choice words use censorkip.gif instead. NOTE: Please refrain from having a Counterpart and a Guardian fall in love.

Adults do not believe in the Guardians, Pitch, or the Counterparts and therefore cannot see them. Children, however, can see the Guardians unless Pitch and his allies cause them to stop believing in which case, the Guardians can no longer be seen by them and can, instead, see Pitch.

Send all profiles to me via PM.

This is a Semi-lit+ RP and so it is required to write at least one solid paragraph. That's five (5) full sentences with good spelling and grammar.

Do not God-Mod/powerplay anyone else's characters or kill without permission. No Gary-Stues/Mary-Sues allowed. Everyone has flaws.

Note that I am subject to add information and plot developments as the RP progresses.

If you have read everything up to here: Title your profile PMs 'We protect those who believe.'

Skeleton

For Guardian Counterparts

[b]Counterpart Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (May be an image but please include a well written description of at least a paragraph. I will not accept any 'tall, blue eyes, blonde' lines.)
[b]Being of...:[/b] (Loathing, Punishment, Loss, or Despair)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Keep in mind they are evil counterparts and what they are a being of. At least a paragraph.)
[b]Abilities:[/b] (Max 3. Please refrain from anything extreme. Tie abilities to what the counterpart is a being of.)
[b]Weapon(s):[/b] (Max 2)
[b]Transportation:[/b] (Favorite mode of transportation.)
[b]Post Example:[/b]

For Guardians

[b]Guardian:[/b]
[b]Post Example:[/b] (So that I can be sure you are able to post as the desired cannon.)

All information given about the Guardians is copy/pasted from Rise of the Guardians wiki and can be found there as well as the official site for the movie and book series.

There are a few homophonal problems that that must be rectified before Approval. I'd correct them myself, but mobile devices dislike copypasta. :|

I am interested. Here's my form:

Username: Jake434

Guardian: Jack Frost

Post Example:

It was another chilly, snowy morning and probably one of the best I made so far! Kids would soon be waking up and seeing that they had a snow day. Yesterday I saw that so many of them were almost dead tired, so I though everyone could use a day off. I walked out to the middle of my pond where some kids had already started skating. I joined in and created frost designs on trees as I skated. More kids soon joined and I knew that almost every kid had to be up. I used the wind to fly up and off to find a new adventure. I might start a snowball fight, maybe create some snow forts and snowmen. First, though, I had to make more snow. As I landed on a church I raised my staff and summoned a flurry of the little weightless snowflakes. Today will be a good day. I looked down at the town from my perch on the church and smiled.

Jake, please read the rules again. Also, are you capable of posting in the third person? I'm fine with first person but I don't know if others might get confused by it.

I would prefer that you use either a canon or a counterpart. Once those slots are filled and more still wish to join, I will consider other myths but I want the good characters to be Guardians of Childhood (meaning they have some sort of 'center' the Man in the Moon saw as Guardian potential).

Three I think, Sandman, Jack is reserved, and Pitch Black is also taken. It says that up where each character is described.

I seen that but I was just wondering if anymore asked Narvix to join through pm and Narvix just hadn't put which one was taken yet.

Alright, I guess we can start the RP. I'll get my intro posted sometime soon. Internet's still down at my house. In the meantime, you guys are free to make your intros.

RP Start Time/Day: Wednesday, December 22nd, 5:36 PM Pacific Time Zone

Edited by Narvix

Night was falling early, the winter months holding shorter days and longer nights. Moving from city to city, glittering sand spread across the darkening skies in flowing streams. Within them, playing dolphins, grazing dinosaurs, and other sweet dreams resided. They waited to manifest in a child’s sleep, hoping to bring light to their wishes of the future. Sandman swept his arms forward, sending new streams of his glittering dream-sand out towards other sections of the city he floated above. Catching sight of a few mini-fairies came as no surprise to him: Tooth Fairy worked in the night hours each day much like he did.

Motioning his hand upward, the billowing cloud of sand beneath his feet propelled the Guardian further up and away from the city. Sandy proceeded to the next city with sleeping children, turning his hand a few times as if pointing and circling something with his finger. A small string of sand wrapped around his fingers, pulling away and shaping into a sphere that soon burst into a handful of butterflies. Sandy enjoyed being a Guardian, bringing and protecting the dreams of children around the world. Naturally, this would make him slightly tired during the hours when he wasn’t sending dreams but he could not complain.

Ache was standing on the top of the tallest thing she figured she would climb. She finished it, but she knew that this building wasn't all that tall, and they made it easy. She wasn't good at anything, much less climbing tall buildings. "You're too much of a chicken Ache." She talked to herself. "I've never met someone as rebellious either, you're breaking rules being up here you know." Rules, don't this, don't do that, she wished she was better at following them. As it was she broke every one she encountered, but she had to make sure those naughty children were following them. Yes... she was out to fix the problem. Someone had to, else those nasty children ruin everything. Those vile creatures, breaking rules just for a bit of 'fun'.