TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Just got another in the XX:15 drop.

It has the code "Cmvii" which makes me think of a C minor 7 (not sure if harmonic or melodic though) laugh.gif

Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous of that code.

Ugh, I was not expecting a new release. Time to get catchin'. smile.gif

Could somebody please explain to a non-American

What is so special about this Friday?

Why is it called black?

I just don't get it....

Why is it called black?

I just don't get it....

It's when a bunch of stores have sales, to the point of people camping out in front of stores for the day before, I'm not too sure really either, I know it's hectic though.

Which reminds me, aren't American only "holidays (not that this is a holiday technically but point understood)" not really suppose to be on DC? Or is there something similar in other country's?

Why is it called black?

I just don't get it....

Black Friday is considered the first day of the holiday shopping season. People are mostly given the day off on account of Thanksgiving on Thursday, and a lot use it for shopping.

It's called 'black' because of the way ledgers are kept - debts marked in red, and profits in black. The boost in sales will usually put a company in the black for the day.

It's when a bunch of stores have sales, to the point of people camping out in front of stores for the day before, I'm not too sure really either, I know it's hectic though.

Which reminds me, aren't American only "holidays (not that this is a holiday technically but point understood)" not really suppose to be on DC? Or is there something similar in other country's?

I'm not too sure if other countries have something like Black Friday, which I wouldn't regard as a Holiday anyway, but I just see today as a wonderful excuse to release a new dragon tongue.gif

When we had the Royal Blues and Golden Wyverns released for the year of the dragon, that wasn't exactly an "American" Holiday anyway happy.gif

Maybe there are suggestions of other Holidays/"Holidays" that egg releases can be made in accord with?

(It would be interesting if something was released on Boxing Day, but the day after Christmas would be hectic laugh.gif)

You really can't call this a holiday, in any context. This isn't a "holiday drop", which *are* normally confined to more far-reaching holidays. But this isn't a holiday drop. Holiday drops are limited. This is a permanent addition to the cave, that just happened to come out on Black Friday.

I've managed to grab 3 so far, along with a miss-clicked split. tongue.gif The eggs are pretty.

But this isn't a holiday dragon, it's just being released on a (sort-of) holiday.

(It would be interesting if something was released on Boxing Day, but the day after Christmas would be hectic laugh.gif)

xd.png

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the US, and is the traditional start of the Christmas Shopping season. Tons of stores have huge sales, and people go crazy. I personally stay safe and snug in my home this crazy day.

As for not celebrating American holidays on this site, whatever made you think that? We've had a release on the 4th of July before, which is as American as it gets (the Beat the Heat one, with the badge and Spitfires and Waverunners). TJ lives in the US, and he owns the site. If he wants to celebrate US traditional days, then why not? If I were on a site owned by someone from, say, Japan, I'd expect them to commemorate important days to Japan, and ignore the purely US ones! (example country chosen at random)

Anyway, love the eggs, love the hatchies!

Cheers!

C4.

Oh geez, I just got off work. Catching these guys now is going to be next to impossible. OTL

The hatchlings are SUPER cute, kudos to the spriter who made them!

Of course the last thing I expected on Black Friday was a release. But, after a crazy day working retail, it definitely makes the day brighter. smile.gif

Thank you TJ.

Edited by Daydreamer09

Even though I was late for the release, I managed to snag a couple. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Also, is it just me, or do those eggs/hatchies look familiar...? c:

honk

How long is it available?

All around the year.

So if you can't get it now,don't worry.

Figures it's another release on a day off in USA... Well I'll try today, Saturday, my day off...

Finally, got 'em biggrin.gif

Good Luck to Everyone in Getting One

Perseverance and Patience

Thank you TJ and Spriters

Just had a moment of total nonsense in which I bit one of my 3 new release eggs with a newly grown vampire. Luckily it transformed AND stayed which I'm OK with since its my first successful bite in awhile. Still got two after all and another egg near hatching for another slot. I'm quite satisfied.

Really? Even now, after twelve hours, not a single successful click, not even a common? Bah! Maybe tomorrow will hold better luck.

Good luck to anyone else still hunting! Your moment will come.

I tried early this AM and again later this afternoon and could not grab one during the hour drops. I hope to get at least 2 before I go to bed later on.

When I go through an hour drop without getting anything, even misclicks, it's time to pack it in. I'll probably have to just hatch some stuff and trade if I want to get more. tongue.gif

Don't feel alone. Don't think I will be getting one this release almost need to get back to work. Kinda sad wished I could just get at least one. Got a few more tried left but my finger does not seem to be fast enough dry.gif

Need a finger training montage lol