TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

Ooh! New dragon, yay! *stalking the trading threads because I'm lazy*

Good thing I'm not going shopping today! (I'm finishing up on homework...)

Ish here with a leetle release-related story :3 Sorry for the length.

Part One

The Herachus Clan leader Primiserius sat on the edge of the cliff backing the clan base, flanked on either side by two of her Second-in-Commands, Immotus and Torrens Calidarius. Primiserius was staring far into the distance and it was hard to tell whether she was looking at something or simply spaced out. Maybe she was watching the blood-red sun gradually sinking below the horizon, where the great desert lay.

Then, just like that, Primiserius snapped out of her trance, startling her Second-in-Commands. She still had a far away look in her eyes, but she leaned over to Immotus with obvious intent.

'There are unusual amounts of human activity in the desert...' was all she said, but both Immotus and Torrens understood immediately. Primiserius had been watching the activity down there and her first thought was that her clan was at risk of being discovered, when she remembered that such human behavior only came about when they found a new species of dragon. When that happened, Primiserius alway made sure to take in at least one of the new species some way or another; she had no way of knowing what the humans did with their catches. The great Guardian of Nature spread her battered wings and leapt from the cliff, swooping gracefully down towards the clan base, with Immotus following and leaving Torrens to work her way down the cliff.

Primiserius landed in the centre of the base and reared, throwing her head back and unleashing a powerful and earth-shattering roar. Almost instantly, dragons emerged from all directions. Primiserius only roared when she wanted the whole clan's attention immediately, and everyone was quick to obey her orders. Monokerata trotted out from his cave along with his tiny assistant Urbanarum, Emeraline fluttered excitedly to the front of the crowd with her mate Thallus chasing her, while the Nebulae dragged themselves out of their cave, sleepy-eyed and lethargic. Maralinga flew down from above, landing next to Primiserius along with Immotus and Torrens. And the clan waited to hear what Primiserius had to say.

'Scouts!' Primiserius called the scout members forward. 'Have any of you noticed increased activity or anything abnormal in the desert recently?'

Cadifor unsurprisingly put up a paw. Primiserius looked at him, letting him know he was good to speak.

'I've smelt something different around the desert borders in the past couple of days - the scent of an unknown dragon. And I hear different sounds.'

Primiserius leant back, stroking a frill with her paw thoughtfully. She believed Cadifor - after all, he was the clan's best scout. She mentally summed it up. New scents and sounds + Increased human activity in desert = New dragon. It was obvious. Knowing there was no need to question other members, she scanned the crowd of dragons with intense eyes. She thrust a paw in Volatisus' direction.

'Volatisus! Would you be willing to lead a scouting party to the desert?'

A pause, then a quiet 'Yes' was the answer.

'Excellent...Infervesco, you're with Volatisus, same with Niger, Adustio and Forctis. I ask of you to head to the source of activity and bring back whatever you find. Can I trust you with that? Good. Aside from the selected party members, the rest of you have been dismissed.'

As the members separated and went back to whatever they had been doing, Primiserius turned to the recruits. 'You can all handle heat well, so I'm sure you'll do fine. If anything goes wrong, alert me telepathically and I'll send assistance.'

Volatisus nodded.

'You may go.'

(Will write part two tomorrow :3)

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Fffffff I didn't see any eggs this drop.

I'm worried they'll stop dropping in large amounts later today... The seem to be getting more and more mixed.

I'm frustrated... I'm at my grandma's place trying to catch an egg with my phone... No luck sad.gif are we going to be able to get them tomorrow? Or is today the only day we can get a CB one?

Pretty sure this is a normal release, they should still be here tomorrow.

They're probably rare-uncommon, though.

Missed the entire drop again.

Maybe I didn't refresh early enough...

Edited by lindsy95

I'm frustrated... I'm at my grandma's place trying to catch an egg with my phone... No luck sad.gif are we going to be able to get them tomorrow? Or is today the only day we can get a CB one?

Nope. Tj said that they will be around for a bit. smile.gif

...Yeah. Holy crap. I generally at least get to see the eggs speed by.

I haven't seen something like this in a long time.

Come on guys, go shopping or something! tongue.gif

I was hoping to be able to play TF2 today.

C'mon, eggs, let me catch you. I have Medic achievements to get!

I was hoping to be able to play TF2 today.

C'mon, eggs, let me catch you. I have Medic achievements to get!

The dragons scoff at your puny Medic achievements! (Actually, they scoff at all the silly little humans clamouring to get them. xd.png)

What achievement are you going for?

Aaaaand there goes another drop where I didn't see a thing.

I think I'll just wait for the hour drop, at this point...

Aaaaand there goes another drop where I didn't see a thing.

I think I'll just wait for the hour drop, at this point...

Lindsyyy, this is depressing T.T

Will the hourly drop be better??

If it's anything like the last, it'll be over in 1 min 30. Ridiculous...

Edited by Hailwidis

If these are rare... X'''D I'm never going to have anything to trade for them.

Ummm...did anyone say that they were rare? Cause I didn't read anything about that so far (or maybe I missed it). TJ didn't indicate so or so I thought...

Probably not, but at least I'll be able to try instead of missing it completely like how the 5 min drops have gotten.

This kinda reminds me of when I first tried to get a CB vampire a few years back. I didn't, and I daresay this is harder.

@ Misha. Read my post. I said if.

Edited by lindsy95

Will the hourly drop be better??

Probably no easier because there will be even more people trying, but there are more eggs dropped, so the drop lasts longer -- perhaps a minute instead of a few milliseconds!

Oh nice. I've had the ~Censor evasion removed~ day at college, and come home to realize I have missed the drop and now the eggs are impossible to get. Great. Just what I needed, some more dragons I can't manage to catch.

Edited by _Z_

Well, hour drop coming up.

Seriously wish this was spread out, an 200 people on one page, and 30 on six is a huge difference.

At least I saw the 5min drop this time...

Edited by lindsy95

FINALLY! Another eastern! Now, if only I could actually /catch/ one this drop xd.png I thought the /Blusangs/ were tough to grab xd.png

FINALLY! Another eastern! Now, if only I could actually /catch/ one this drop xd.png I thought the /Blusangs/ were tough to grab xd.png

I think it's actually supposed to be a wyvern. :c

And nothing.

Well, the hour drop lasted a tad longer than last time...

Urgh.