dustpuppy

Bred-only breeds: do you view them as "PB"?

Bred-only breeds: do you view them as "PB"?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I searched the forum and the Wiki and I can't remember if I've seen a discussion of this before, I hope it's no duplicate.

I was tagging my dragons with "CB" and "PB" recently, and can't decide if those of my Geodes, Blunas, UV's and Shallow Waters that only have their own breed in their lineage (except for the first generation, obviously) are purebred or not.

Pro: they are, because they are as PB as that particular breed can possibly be.

Con: they aren't, because there are other breeds in their lineage.

Another idea: some of these breeds can be PB, others can't.

If they are seen as a variation of a breed rather than a different breed, they could be considered PB if both parents are of the same breed, like Stone x Stone = Geode (but Stone x Green would not be PB).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I can´t really decide what I think about it. My Geodes I call PB, they´re all from CB stones. but if they were from a mix of stones and pebbles in the first gen then I wouldn´t see them as PB. have a hard time seeing the others as PB since they has to have 2 different breeds of dragons in the first gen.

As long as everything after the first Gen is the same I see them as Pure Bred. For Geodes I only see them as Pure Bred if the first Gen is all Stone or all Pebble.

I label mine as "HB", hybrid bred, with rules including the 1st gen dragons both have to be able to produce that egg with dragons who cannot make the hybrid.

Edited by Darkhole54321

As long as everything after the first Gen is the same I see them as Pure Bred. For Geodes I only see them as Pure Bred if the first Gen is all Stone or all Pebble.

My thoughts exactly.

When it comes to Shallow Waters or Blunas though, it gets a little trickier for me. I guess, in my eyes, as long as the dragons in the Hybrid's lineage are the ones that are supposed to be there, they're purebred. Even for the Ultraviolet, if a Purple or Spitfire shoes up in a generation that you would think would be an Ultraviolet.

I label mine as "HB", hybrid bred, with rules including the 1st gen dragons both have to be able to produce that egg with dragons who cannot make the hybrid.

For me they are hybrids too, never pure bred. That's the beauty of them.

Also, I congratulate all the players with patience enough to make a "Hybrid only" lineage. smile.gif

I consider them PB as long as only the foundation dragons are different.

Although for some reason I got it into my head to create an even gen PB Ultraviolet lineage. huh.gif

Well I don't consider them 'pure' PBs. (For the very easy reason that the breeds have changed within the lineage. laugh.gif )

But when offering those in trades, I of course put the PB in front of the breed as most people do. However I usually add from what CB base the PB Geode, Goldfish, Bluna, ... originates from. Then it kinda feels right. ^^"

For my purposes, I call them PB. For forum purposes, I call them "PB", then specify the CB dragons.

Also, I lean towards all the CB pairs needing to match to be called PB. Which means, ironically, I would not consider a "special" case with CB shallows and such to be PB. (prizes and Thuweds come to mind)

I think, same as with everything else on the site, it's up to the individual player. smile.gif If you think it's purebred, then that's completely fine! But if you don't, then I think that's fine too. happy.gif I personally wouldn't count them as purebred though and would say that it's not possible for those breeds to be purebred since they're only obtainable through breeding other breeds of dragon... but I'd by no means tell someone who disagrees with that sentiment that they're wrong. I think it's really just up to the individual how they view stuff like this. smile.gif

Ooh, I like that idea! That adds another option to the confusion xd.png but I really like it.