Shibadruid

Guardians of Samnris

Guardians of Samnris

History:

The continent of Samnris was hidden from the human world, Terra (or as they called it, Earth), only through the power of the dragon-stone. All dragons lived on Samnris, along with most forms of Terran life, excluding humans. The dragon-stone stood in the center of the continent, and only survived through the combined efforts of every race of dragonkind. The combined homage of each clan is brought up to the top of the mountain on which it is hidden every year, on December 31st. Only a select few knew of its exact location, as it was said to cloak its peak-top vantage from the unworthy, in the same way it hid the continent from the humans. The dragon-stone was a massive azure crystal, said to be placed on this continent by the gods, with the intent of saving the dragons, who had been hunted to near extinction by the humans. Here, they repopulated, and began to flourish again.

The continent roughly looks as follows; green denotes forest, white mountains, orange desert, grey swamp, light green plains, and yellow coastline.

(it's not a great picture, I know)

user posted image

On the south half of the island, the darker breeds thrived, while on the north, those considered "good" made their homes. Guardians, and other neutral breeds lived in the center, protecting both sides and the crystal, which was said to shine with an almost blinding light that healed the wounds of all those near it. When dragons looked out from the island they could see in the distance medieval towns of humans, and would take great pleasures in watching the knights fight each other and pillage peasants.

Plot:

The world is in the human medieval age, and some of the Clans from south Samnris believe that they are powerful enough to take on these knights, even though lore indicates that a sign will come when a champion of the dragons is born. It is easy for them to forget the exact reason that Samnris was hidden: what the humans lack in individual strength, they more than make up for in numbers. The sheer amount of them was the original reason the dragons had to flee. Guardians, whites, and other such species have decided to look for heroes in the north to reunite the clans, while in the south clan leaders are looking for powerful warriors to break the dragon-stone and invade Terra. Each of the chosen dragons have unique abilities which make them suitable for this task. These abilities range from being able to call upon divine aid for semi-powerful artifacts or minor control over an element. However, none of the dragons have an extremely powerful ability, save the Champion. The secondary goal of each side is to seize control of the champion when he is born, which is foretold to be signified by a star falling to earth. You are one of those dragons. You must work to either save the stone and reunite the clans or undo the stone's spell and overthrow the clans which do not align with your view.

You will start off with your group of allies in either the rightmost plains, for the good, or the swamp peninsula if you are one of the evil. You will engage in combat with the other group time and time again for purposes of forwarding the story, and most often, if you do not die outright, at least one from each group will be seriously injured. This will be determined by me (or, if you want to die, you can determine it on your own), I will PM you stating the hit was fatal and you will have a chance to write your own death. If you do not comly, I will kill your character for you (Note: I do not have anything personal against you, that's just how fights work). During fighting phases, each of you will be able to post an attempted (note the word choice) attack on one of the others only once until everyone in the fight has attacked or nothing has happened for a day. You may reply with how your character takes the hit, or occasionally dodge. I hold final verdict on what happens to your character (Read: if you dodge every attack, I will have an avalanche happen to hit, strike you with lightning, drop cows on you, call in some SWAT snipers, you get the gist).

Along with this, either side may "win" by completing their objective, and as decided by me. I will take into account literacy of the RPers, activity, and other such things when I decide on how the "final battle" ends up. After that, the story will progress according to who won (I don't want to spoil it tongue.gif). Although fighting is what will progress the story most, there will be a significant amount of time devoted to either reinforcing your side's clans (think side-missions), or trying to understand lore and why the gods hid this continent in the first place (mystery ... O_o). If it seems that I am being sparse with information, it's because I am. You're supposed to be fighters, not historians.

Rules:

1. No God-modding, or the previously mentioned snipers are going to have to get some more scale-piercing rounds. Note: this includes your power, I will warn you if your power seems too well, powerful. After that you will have 5 days to edit it or you will be denied.

2.No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus, keep your characters real, and add in flaws.

3.Keep it PG - 13, I said fighting, not chemical or nuclear warfare. And don't ask me about romance. Keep it clean (minus the eventual wounds)

4.At least 3 sentences per post, I suggest more. One sentence posts kill RPs.

5.Use proper spelling and grammar (and if you didn't figure it out by now, the RP is in English).

6.Only one good and one bad character per person.

7.Post character sheets in this thread, and no posting till I give the intro (when that will happen depends on how many people join).

8.Don't swear, that's what censorkip.gif is for

9. You may create another character after one of yours dies.

10.On your character sheet add a row titled Derp:, and in it write hurr durr, so I know you read the rules (It should look like this: Derp: hurr durr).

Character Sheet:

Your character sheet should follow this format:

Name:

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC):

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.):

Good/Bad:

Personality:

Power:

Looks(you can post the sprite and write in the differences, I personally am not too sure how though, oh and, delete this part when you fill this in ... or not)http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Types:

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?):

Current approved characters

Shibadruid's:

Name: Ger'land

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Royal Blue dragon

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Young adult

Good/Bad: Good

Personality: Likes to be in the lead, but is aloof, and at times impertinent. He is angered easily as he does not like his ideas being questioned, let alone ignored. He really, really doesn't care for romance or other 'sappy' feelings. At least, that's the impression he gives.

Power: Has the limited power of being able to see what is happening from far away (for lack of a better description, scrying). Though only at night and from at most a mile away.

Looks:user posted image except with a scar along his right shoulder all the way down to his wing. What is it from? he's not telling. tongue.gif

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): Ger'land just wants out of the fight so he can go home and look at reflections. However, since he's stuck here, he's decided to try and prove his worth as a leader and destroy the opposition. Don't get him wrong though; even though he looks determined, he just wants to go and sleep somewhere.

Name: Aet'na(Et - pause - Nah)

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Hellfire Wyvern

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Adult

Good/Bad: Bad

Personality: Laid back and casual, but fights fiercly. Despite her usually casual demeanor, she will lay waste to anyone who disagrees with her or tries to stop her. In battle, three words describe her perfectly: takes no prisoners.    

Power: Her flame burns hot enough to cut through metal, and easily chars even the most flame-retardant of dragons (to say nothing of the poor pillow dragons)

Looks:user posted image Tail ends in a point reminiscent of a Fleur-de-lis

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): Ae'tna merely wants those silly humans frolicking about like they own Terra, and will stop anyone who gets in her way.

Cyndragon's:

Name:Zhy'kalon

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): White Dragon

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.):Young Adult

Good/Bad:Good

Personality:Friendly in general, but can be stubborn at times and has a bad habit of falling asleep when something important is going on...

Power: Can recover from wounds more quickly than others

Looks:user posted image but with no stick

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): Come out of this alive.

Fire-Ice's:

Name: Caecilia

Breed/Species: Whiptail

Personality: Caecilia tends to run into any situation no matter how dangerous, but is almost always able to get out of it. She wants her enemies to suffer and will do anything to stop them so she can achieve her goal which she has been working toward since she was a hatchling

Power: Caecilia is able to run at abnormally fast speeds

Looks:user posted image with a sharp turquoise spade on the end of the tail

Personal goal: She wants to have complete rule or at least a little piece of rule over humans and other dragons

Skullete-thetamer_1's:

Name: Aoi (ah-oh-E)

Breed/Species: blusang lindwurm

Good/Bad: good

Personality: stubborn and short tempered, but she is honest, loyal, and adventurous. Very proud of herself and if she is proved wrong, a fight may break out. Intelligent and knowledgable. "Wants to be friends with everyone" sort of dragon

Power: she has control over the element of water

Looks:user posted image her eyes are red and small, faint, scars cover her body from fights

Personal goal: she may seem like a war dragon but really she just wants peace, and a love life. She also wants more experience, as she says "you can never have too much knowledge." She also wants to prove that she is useful, since she was bullied in her past life. She also doesn't have friends, so she wants those too.

Pinkieseb's:

Name: Bloodvein

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Vampire

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Full Grown ~ 275

Personality: Bloodvein is a harsh vampire dragon, he has no need to drink blood but has a larger apetite for meat than other dragons.

Power: Mind Control (includes telepathy, its not too strong, he can change peoples thoughts and beliefs though cannot cause them to do something, only persuade.))

Looks:user posted image Has a large scar across his eye, he has large wings unlike other vampires.

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): To become the leader or an extremely high authority in/of all clans.

Moonlight's:

Name:Daisya (Da-Is-Ya)

Breed/Species: Guardian Dragon

Good/Bad:Bad

Personality:He is a strict fellow who doesn't take no for an answer. He is also very demanding. If he wants something and you don't give it to him he will fight for it. Even though you would like him as much as you like rotten cheese his heart is kind to the ladies, that is of course if they aren't on the good side. He loves to fight, meaning he will challenge dragons on his own side for some fun.

Power:Can summon fire at the end of his tail

Looks:user posted image His shield (or tail) is red instead of it's normal colour.

Personal goal: He wants to rule the whole of the dragon world.

Name: Electria

Breed/Species: Electric dragon

Personality: Electria is hard working dragon. She puts what is important to her first and everything comes later. She hates the word love and dreads the day she might fall in love, she has even made her own saying so she won't fall in love "It is better to not have loved, to have loved and loss"

Power: She can harvest enough electricity to create a thunder storm.

Looks:user posted image She has a scratch on her right front leg.

Personal Goal: She wants everything to go back to normal

Binicorn's:

Name: Lolong

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Brimstone

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Young Adult

Personality: Quite shy, and gentle by nature, but can also be quite loud and rude without meaning to be. Others usually judge her brutish appearance before getting to know her, so she doesn't have many friends, and many are reluctant to trust her and even afraid of her, believing that she might be violent or dangerous. She knows how others see her, and it hurts. While she's proud to be a Brimstone, she often envies the more delicate, graceful breeds.

Power: Extremely heightened senses (but this can also overwhelm her at times)

Looks: user posted image

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): She wants peace, but she also wants to prove that she's not the brute that everyone seems to think she is.

Durppie's:

Name: Allspice

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Mint

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Adult

Personality: Allspice is all too familiar with being looked down upon (figuratively or literally) and loathes the feeling. No magic, stubby claws that couldn't hurt a human baby, no flight, nothing that would get others to take her seriously. This is a sensitive spot for her, but she's learned to deal with it. She is very cordial to others (dragons are less likely to kill you if you're nice), and will make sure risks are accounted for if she needs to deal with something. Allspice also has a fear of dying, and rarely tries to attack anyone when in a fight for obvious reasons. Mostly she will use her size to hopefully dodge anything coming at her, and will run at the first chance. Allspice prefers defeating foes using indirect means that won't get her injured. She is often seen as cowardly by others, and they're right.

Power: No magic anywhere, but she's pretty fast on those four legs and is smart enough to build things like snares with her claws (much time and patience was used learning how to manipulate her claws well enough to do that sort of thing). She can use her claws like a human's hand, but she isn't perfect at it.

Looks:user posted image Except with eyes that are fully blue like a white dragon's, and rust-colored blotches on her flanks. These anomalies are from her rather messy lineage.

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): Allspice sees humans as threats to dragonkind, consumers of resources that could have been used by dragons, and general wastes of space. This sums up what she believes: the human problem has been there for a while and it needs to be fixed. When the humans get wiped out, Allspice just wants to get a mate and raise a hatchling

Mickiloo97's:

Name: Iris

Breed/Species: Spitfire

Good/Bad: Good. She doesn't mind at all being secluded from humans.

Personality: Iris appears very confident in herself, despite her disgusting appearance, but she is actually very self-conscious about it. She hates it when people point out her scars and missing eye, and she uses general violence to cover it up. Usually she is very casual, and she is sort of a loner, because she is a difficult personality to like. Others know her as a fighter, and it's become instinct to hate anyone she first meets, and unless they give her a reason not to, or she has an obligation to be kind to them, she is outright volatile. Because of this, she is very emotionally unstable. She can be very quick to become attached to someone, and (depending one who) she can be very clingy. On the total opposite hand, she will hate with a passion.

Power: Super hot flames are a given, but she has the ability to cause ground-wrenching earthquakes, and can pinpoint them to general areas. However, this ability makes her extremely tired, so she can only use it occasionally, plus the fact it's dangerous for the planet. Small vibrations in the earth, however, are simple, and she uses them to her advantage. (See "Looks.")

Looks:user posted image

She has large slash marks covering the right side of her face. Not only is her lip torn there, making eating and drinking difficult, she is also missing her right eye. Since she has a blind-spot there, she has learned sense vibrations in the ground, so she can tell what is around here.

Personal goal: Iris simply wants peace. A world is easier to live in when you don't always have to watch your back. (Or blind side.)

Edited by Shibadruid

Hi, just so your know I'm a test approver, not a real approver. But I will be looking over your RP. happy.gif

First, you should clarify what time period it is. I see it mentions knights but it would be good to give further information.

The combined homage of each clan is brought up to the top of the mountain on which it is hidden every year, on December 31st.

The dragon-stone is hidden in the same place every year? Could you give just a little more detail?

Homage? I had to look it up! Good one! It's a medieval term, so, if the RP is in the middle ages then your writing really puts you there.

Some of the Clans from south Samnris believe that they are powerful enough to take on the humans

Could you tell us what the current conflict between the humans and the dragons are soon after this sentence? Instead of a bit later. I see that the dragons want to take over the rest of earth, which is indicated a bit later, but another reader might find this hard to put together.

Also, how do humans kill massive hoards of dragons? What power or weaponry do they have?

if you do not die outright, at least one from each group will be seriously injured

Ok, you might come across some really big problems with this sentence.

Does this mean someone can kill another player if they chose to? Or someone can say they died after a dragon hit them. You might run in to people that will say "I hit you really hard, and you die." And there after you have a huge fight about whether someone dies or not.

I suggest that you say you cannot kill someone, unless the other person declares it them self.

And lastly, in your character sheet you ask for species. What species are there? Is it your common Westerns, Earsterns, Wyverns? Or, whatever the player comes up with? Like, I made up Wolf Dragons.

Thanks for the help, I'll work on it.

Edit: changed. What do you think? more easily understandable?

Edited by Shibadruid

Thanks for the help, I'll work on it.

Edit: changed. What do you think? more easily understandable?

Yes, much better! I like the way you put things that might have been misunderstood together.

Is this to be exclusively a battle-oriented RP? Will there be any other aspects, such as the possibility for negotiations and splinter groups/alliances? The description sort of gives that feel, but the actual dynamic of the play suggests the opposite. I suggest clarifying.

Further, will it be possible for either side to actually win in the context of the game, or will it simply be a never-ending conflict? If it does resolve, will it start over? I suggest adding on to the premise to ensure that it doesn't get stale either way; if the "evil" dragons succeed in breaking the crystal, perhaps participants will then have the option of playing as a human? Some things to think about.

It's a medieval term, so, if the RP is in the middle ages then your writing really puts you there.

'Homage' is actually a fairly common word in modern English, at least in most dialects. Era-appropriate language in descriptions probably isn't the best of ideas since it's not usually in-character. Speaking of which, a rule regarding characters' specifics fitting into the timeline of the roleplay might be a good idea, in case someone wants to bring in something anachronistic.

Also, a very small but major issue: you misspelled the title :>

Edited by Aedir

There, I think that works, but I think I could work on it more if I really crunched into it (which I well might, given I have lots of time this Thanksgiving weekend). And LOL, fixed the title (don't know what I was thinking there).

Oh, before I forget, I really wanted to use this emote at least once: alot.png

Edited by Shibadruid

There, I think that works, but I think I could work on it more if I really crunched into it (which I well might, given I have lots of time this Thanksgiving weekend). And LOL, fixed the title (don't know what I was thinking there).

Oh, before I forget, I really wanted to use this emote at least once: alot.png

What's different about the title?

Gaurdians => Guardians wink.gif Unless you intended it to be like that.

Oops, lol. I can spell, honestly! I just have trouble with the order of consecutive vowels, no idea why (ex: friend, guide, break, Etc.).

Edited by Shibadruid

So, what do I do now, just wait for it to be moved? (sorry, it's just been awhile since the last post)

Edited by Shibadruid

((Now, since this is started, I'll put in an intro for my character. It'll just be him, so others can join in for a while))

Ger'land flew to the meeting site. On the night before, he watched his pool of frigid water closely, making sure no traps would get in his way, nor would he get lost. Although he couldn't see the whole way, he was reassured his flight would be peaceful. And boring he thought. Ger'land watched the trees closely as he flew past; the green hue of the leaves mixed with the brown of the trunks, leaving him to take in a mottled print, not altogether too different from camoflauge. Finally, the great redwood trees parted, resulting in a clearing, lush with shrubs, grasses, and animal life. Eh, I might as well rest, not like anyone else left this early in the day Ger'land muttered to himself as he spiralled to the ground. He gently flopped on the verdant forest floor, and rested for a short spell.

Edited by Shibadruid

Name:Zhy'kalon

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): White Dragon

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.):Young Adult

Good/Bad:Good

Personality:Friendly in general, but can be stubborn at times and has a bad habit of falling asleep when something important is going on...

Power: Can recover from wounds more quickly than others

Looks:user posted image but with no stick

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): Come out of this alive.

Derp: hurr durr

Edited by Cyndragon

Name: Caecilia

Breed/Species: Whiptail

Personality: Caecilia tends to run into any situation no matter how dangerous, but is almost always able to get out of it. She wants her enemies to suffer and will do anything to stop them so she can achieve her goal which she has been working toward since she was a hatchling

Power: Caecilia is able to run at abnormally fast speeds

Looks: user posted image with a sharp turquoise spade on the end of the tail

Personal goal: She wants to have complete rule or at least a little piece of rule over humans and other dragons

Derp: hurr durr

Good (or well, should I say, ... bad *shot*). I was waiting for the other side to at least get one person. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

Edited by Shibadruid

Zhy'kalon woke up. He then promptly fell asleep again. A few minutes later, he woke up once more. This cycle continued for a while before he reluctantly decided it was time to leave. He took off and started for the meeting place. Drowsy, he wasn't paying attention and crashed into a tree. "Why does this always happen to me?" he muttered to himself. He set off again, and finally reached the meeting place.

Caecilia opened her eyes and sunlight streamed into them. She glanced around trying to get used to the extreme light that she was now exposed to but it was not working too well for her. She staggered around rather blindly for a few minutes spraying muddy water all over herself, before she was able to see normally. Now able to see correctly she glanced around once with her blue eyes making sure no one was following her. The tall plants of the swamp obstructed her vision, but she really did not mind that much. If people wanted to follow her that was fine, she would either gladly fight back and destroy them or run away. Although, the first option was currently much more appeasing to her.

Stretching, she whipped her tail and sliced the leaves off of a nearby plant. "Whoops." she said sarcastically. she enjoyed that action so much that she did it again cutting down two plants this time with a smile on her face. Deciding that she could play with the plants later, Caecilia set off at a slow jog. It was slow to her at least, but it was pretty close to the top speed of other dragons. She sped up soon passing the capabilities of other dragons and arrived at the swamp peninsula in no time. There was no one else there, though so she laid down in a particularly muddy hole, the mud adding to that which she had gotten on her earlier. This made most of her blue stripes blend in with the rest of her body and the mud so she was just two blue eyes staring out of the swamplands.

Edited by Fire-Ice

((A chance for me to use Bloodvein again!!! Yaaaay!))

Name: Bloodvein

Breed/Species (Choose from those of DC): Vampire

Derp: Hurr Derr

Age (full grown, hatchling, etc.): Full Grown ~ 275

Personality: Bloodvein is a harsh vampire dragon, he has no need to drink blood but has a larger appetite for meat than other dragons.

Power: Mind Control (includes telepathy, its not too strong, he can change peoples thoughts and beliefs though cannot cause them to do something, only persuade.))

Looks: user posted image Has a large scar across his eye, he has large wings unlike other vampires.

Personal goal (what does he/she want out of this endeavor?): To become the leader or an extremely high authority in/of all clans.

Edited by pinkieseb

close, only a few minor spelling errors and it can go up. Sorry if I seem picky, I'm just gonna be like this at the beginning so that people (hopefully) keep up the literacy.

If you want a complete check, put it in word, but some include:apetite, extremely, etc.