TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

((*facetablet* I apologize for all the confusion...just ignore that post. How about we just say that...um...Cobalt jumped down?))

Requiem flinched at the female Meowth's outburst, lowering his head when she pointed a paw at him. He had known that the fumes weren't poison; he had been told to go down, so down was safe. And poison wasn't.

"You're pathetic. Hydreigons are supposed to be feared forces of destruction, and there you are, trembling and scared of a tiny cat."

"I'm sorry..." Requiem said in a low voice, as the male Meowth called to the female and tripped with something. Who he was apologizing to, he didn't know. Maybe everyone.

"Everything is your fault. You should have died in my place."

Requiem covered his eyes with his left arm, whimpering. He hated Rhapsody. Wanted him to leave Requiem alone, to get out of his right head. But the other always returned, especially when Requiem was alone or with his guard down.

"You can't stay here."

Yes. He needed to get out. Some Pokemon had stayed up, but Requiem still wasn't alone. They had to work together, to escape from Them, while They were distracted. Requiem mentally wished good luck to the victims in the upper room; they stayed in the more difficult and dangerous path, and were going to need it.

((I'm confused...can anyone give a recap and the positions of all the characters?)) ((How about we just assume Cobalt jumped after Rena and the others?)) Edited by Techno_Elf

Bree inched away from the lava covering the walls and stared down at the hydreigon. He seemed to be talking to someone again. She tilted her head to one side. Maybe he was just like that all the time - or, maybe, he could really hear something the rest of them couldn't. She looked down the tunnels leading out of the room again, alarmed at that last thought. "Maybe...we should get out of here," she muttered, twirling the gold ribbon between her fingers. "We don't really know what this place is. There might be something dangerous around." She telekinetically undid the white ribbon around her ear and brought it to her eye level. It was pretty tattered already, and her last few brushes with the wall had left it covered in soot. She paused, then shrugged and tied the gold ribbon on in its place. She could just hold on to it for anyone who wants it after they got out of this place. "Should we split up? Or just try one of the paths here...?"

((I guess the ribbon can count as a held item...geesh, it's kind of inconvenient not having a bag.))

((Finally someone replies! It's been almost a week...)) Renaissance looked up at Bree's suggestion. She glanced at Cobalt, who shrugged and tried to comb the soot out of her forelock, which had flopped down over her eye again. She turned to Bree and said, "I think we should split into a few groups. That way, if one of us is in trouble, then he or she won't be completely alone and one of the others can call for help."

"No!" Requiem exclaimed at the Ninetales' suggestion, raising his main head in alarm. "We can't split up. It'll just make us easier targets," he said, voice lowering and slightly slowing down at the last sentence as he looked away. They had already split up before. From fourteen to seven. If their numbers kept going down...

He shook his main head, getting up. His wings started moving to keep him hovering in the air, feet hanging a couple of inches above the ground. He spared a small angry look at his right head before setting his secondary heads on their default position; slightly raised but below his main head, and facing forward. "...Please?" he said in a low tone, looking at the Ninetales, regretting his small outburst.

The scratch cat stumbled a bit as she turned a corner. They were so stupid, she thought, and... Tiramisu briefly noted that she had no idea where she was going, and paused for a second. Once she heard a voice calling after her, and the other distant voice conversing in that same tone - that we all need to get out here or we're going to die tone, she thought - she began her trek through the blazing unknown again, tail lashing behind her.

Gah!

The Meowth glared at the ground beneath her feet, feeling as if she could turn it to ash. (She briefly pondered if her Hidden Power was Fire-type and perhaps could, but she quickly and angrily pushed this thought out of her mind.)

They're so... That's not how rescue teams are supposed to act! I mean, this is a new place - we could have just found a place that was never before discovered, or... or this could be where the Legendaries have been hiding - if they really exist I mean - and all they want to do is escape!?

At this corner, the pale little cat turned left; it would be embarrassing for her to simply walk right back into whatever room the others were in.

I mean, yeah, we woke up in a random cave - no idea how but...

Well, that's not it, is it...?

A dead end. Tiramisu stared at it for a moment: a rock wall, no lava on it. Maybe the wall was whole? Of course, it wasn't likely, given that the whole surrounding area was lava. Still... it was ridiculously hot, and she wasn't the type of Pokemon to enjoy any sort of heat. She stalked up to the wall, and tentatively flicked her paw at it. Slightly warm - there was probably lava behind it, so she didn't want to risk trying to find a passage with Secret Power. The Meowth sat with her back to the wall, her tail wrapped around her paws. This was the place for mental gymnastics, not in front of the others.

Arceus, I'm stupid for the whole 'Spacial Rend' thing... Someone could have gotten killed, and then it would have been my fault, and then that Smeargle would have gotten in trouble too because I knew he couldn't do it and I still...

Well, come on though, I didn't mean any harm. They have no right to be angry with me! I - wait.

They never blamed and I'm getting all guilty for this?

She smiled slightly, blushing at the ground,

Yeah, I'm stupid. Stupid and naive.

It was a few minutes of sniffling and laughing before she stood up again, and looked around.

Yup, I'm an idiot. I should probably find my way back before they start to worry more than they already are?

Tiramisu swished her tail, and set back off into the cave, not particularly caring which way she went.

--------------------------

He had been down here for years. Twenty? Fifty? One hundred - even a thousand? Safe, down here - the crops could fend for themselves for this time, he thought, or else they would someday have no one left to fend for them. And now intruders had dared to put the god of fields in danger?

He'd listened in to their conversations. They were not spies, sent to capture him, that was for sure - or was it? He couldn't be sure, not after all these years, with not a single Pokemon sent down since he'd procured his way to safety. Still, he thought - not a single Pokemon in years. He had to test them somehow - he had to talk to them. It had been so long...

The ruffled, orange, monkey-like Pokemon slowly crawled around the corner, tail high in the air. His yellow eyes scanned the crowd ruthlessly, looking for any signs of ill-will. At the edge of the room, he stood. In a crackling, yet somehow regal voice, the long-gone Landorus toned,

"Why have you come here? Why have you cut into the earth so far that you have reached the World's Center?"

"We can't split up. It'll just make us easier targets,"

"He's right," Leo added, "We have no clue what we could meet up with down here," Slowly, the Meowth stood up once more, Trying not to put any weight on his injured paw. "This may be a Mystery dungeon, and if that's true, then we might not find eachother again if we seperate."

It was then that Landorus appeared.

"Why have you come here? Why have you cut into the earth so far that you have reached the World's Center?"

Leo steped back in supprise. Unfortunatlly this also put his weight on his injured paw, and so Leo fell over once more. He quickly managed to pick himself up into a kneeling position, and also took off his scope lens.

"Please forgive our intrusion," Leo spoke calmly, for he belived he recongnised this pokemon, it was the lengendary Landorus, thought to have dissapeared long ago.

"By forsces unknown to me, myself and many others were abducted and taken to a cavern just above this one. In a brash and ill concieved attempt to help, this Smeargle," he pointed to Reed, "thought he could somehow use Spacial Rend, an ill cocieved notion, to return us to safty. Instead, he cast fissure, seperating us from the rest of the group."

((So...I'm assuming Landorus is an NPC?)) Renaissance nodded at Requiem. "Makes sense. Divide and conquer, right? I guess we're--" When suddenly, Landorus appeared and Cobalt kneeled down in respect. Renaissance, who was still lying on the ground, struggled into a crouching position and said respectfully, “We didn’t know we were intruding, Great Landorus, and I offer you my most sincere apologies on disturbing you.”

Requiem was glad that the Ninetales wasn't angry at him, and a little happy that she and the male Meowth agreed. Requiem wouldn't know what to do if he was left on his own in such a dangerous place. He used to like caves when he was a Deino and a Zweilous, but ever since he started being on the run, he had been too anxious to not be in the open. There were too many places to hide and attack from otherwise. Now they just had to find the female Meowth, and they could get out. He didn't want to leave her behind; she had been nice to Requiem.

A sudden movement came from the corner. A Pokemon stepped out, if the word "stepped" could be applied to a being whose hind legs disappeared inside a white cloud. It looked a little like a Machoke, but was orange, with red spots on its muscular body. Piercing yellow eyes looked at them beneath three small, red horns, the back of its head ending in what looked like an horizontal white log. From the cloud came a tail, brown and long like a Rattata's, but thicker and with small protrusions that looked cut, like branches in a tree, the inside the same color as the spots. It spoke in a male, crackling voice, black mouth opening below a white mustache.

Requiem froze, not knowing what to do. Was he working with Them? No, down was safe, they couldn't have gotten caught so soon. Another victim? But he seemed to know where they were, and carried himself with an aura of power; whoever that Pokemon was, Requiem could tell he was powerful. More powerful than your average Hydreigon, a species that was considered to be a pseudo-legendary.

The male Meowth, the Ninetales and the Lucario knelt down, which both confused and soothed Requiem. If they knew who the orange Pokemon was, then he couldn't be with Them. But why the respect? Requiem looked at the path where the female Meowth had disappeared to, then back at Landorus, and then decided to land again, just in case. At least Rhapsody was silent. He tended to leave Requiem alone when he was with other Pokemon. Well, Requiem would also not say anything, at least until he knew what was going on.

Bree made a strangled sound in her throat and floated backward in surprise as the orange pokemon rose out of the lava. The meowth and the ninetales immediately dropped into kneeling positions on either side of her, and she stared back and forth between them as she searched her mind for some sort of equivalent action she could perform. Both of them seemed to recognize the newcomer, but what sort of pokemon could instantly demand this amount of respect from two complete strangers?

No way. Legendary pokemon don't exist. They're...just a myth. Aren't they?

Unable to find an appropriate gesture, Bree settled for lowering her head and stared intensely down at the ground, trying not to fidget. She wasn't about to say anything here - she knew how horrible she was at talking to strangers, and nothing good was going to happen if they messed this up. Her eyes flicked around the room before turning firmly to stare downward again as she wondered what was going to happen next.

(( Argh, yup, not waiting any longer. >_< ))

Once upon a time, a wish was made.

------------------

Landorus felt pride swell up in his throat as a few of the Pokemon bowed respectfully in front of him. After all of these years, he was still the god of the land - and the Pokemon in front of him treated him like it! Having seen so few Pokemon in his time below the earth, the gesture comforted him in no small manner. Nonetheless, his thoughts soon returned to their new normal state: suspicion.

They bow, so surely they cannot be traitors? They are followers, perhaps, having awaited my return with the other Legendaries-

Here a scene flashed into his mind. Two others like him, back to back: one a bright blue like that of a clear sky, with a flail-like black tail waving back and forth menacingly; the other green with purple accents about him, holding a majesty like a soaring eagle. Tornadus and Thundurus. Growling Pokemon surrounded them and... And that wretched, wretched Darkrai! He stood at the back, casting his foul spell upon them!

None could be trusted.

Landorus' glare struck with the ferocity of any storm; his voice boomed like thunder.

"All of you! You have endangered my existence by your being here!"

His tail whipped back and forth angrily as he paced, not seeming completely sane.

"The other Legendaries have been captured or perhaps killed - I, Landorus, alone - I alone have found a safe haven where there's no chance of capture..."

The great Legendary's eyes flashed,

"And your being here has put my existence at stake! You must leave - leave at once - or I will be forced to resort to desperate measures!"

Leo was caught off guard by the legendary's sudden change in demeanor.

Captured? Or killed? he thought to himself. His train of thought took him back to the inscription on the wall, They shall not be found.

"I seem to have learned spatial rend in my sleep,"

Leo blinked, a sense of dread began building in the pit of his stomach.

"He thought he had learned spatial rend in his sleep," Leo said, turning to look at Reed, "was it in a dream? Or was it more of a nightmare?"

Leo was shaking now. If what he suspected was true...

"I' m going to cast hypnosis on myself, if it looks like I'm having a nightmare, I want all of you to get out of here."

Leo then turned so that he wasn't facing anyone. He took a deep breath to relax himself, his eyes glowed blue for a second, and Leo fell to the side, fast asleep.

((you can do something to show weather or not Leo is having a nightmare, Taloncat))

((edited so that Leo was talking at reed rather than to reed))

Edited by sailing101

Leo was caught off guard by the legendary's sudden change in demeanor.

Captured? Or killed? he thought to himself. His train of thought took him back to the inscription on the wall, They shall not be found.

"I seem to have learned spatial rend in my sleep,"

Leo blinked, a sense of dread began building in the pit of his stomach.

"When you thought you had learned spatial rend in your sleep," he said, turning to look at Reed, "was it in a dream? Or was it more of a nightmare?"

Leo was shaking now. If what he suspected was true...

"I' m going to cast hypnosis on myself, if it looks like I'm having a nightmare, I want all of you to get out of here."

Leo then turned so that he wasn't facing anyone. He took a deep breath to relax himself, his eyes glowed blue for a second, and Leo fell to the side, fast asleep.

((you can do something to show weather or not Leo is having a nightmare, Taloncat))

(( Just a note, Reed is still fainted. xd.png Punching yourself down a cliff is fairly tiring. ))

“Bwuh…” Bree turned, looking away from the ground just in time to see the meowth crumple onto the floor. Great...one of the three pokemon here who actually seemed to know what was going on had just knocked himself out. She turned again, staring straight at the orange pokemon this time. She had never been much interested in myths – she had enough trouble dealing with people who actually existed already – but the name “Landorus” seemed familiar even to her. He was some sort of spirit of the earth, she remembered. Was he a fire-type too, if he chose to hide from the world in such a place? “We can’t!” She blurted out, to her own surprise. “We just…he told you, didn’t he?” She gestured wildly at the meowth. “We have no idea what’s going on either! We can get out of this room, and try to find a way out of this dungeon, maybe…but it’s…!” A wave of anger surged over her, and the gel surrounding her body shifted madly as she tried to resist the urge to fling herself at the legendary. “So it’s our fault now that we just happened to stumble into your hiding place? Yeah, sending us away is totally going to solve the problem! Maybe you should…do something! Get out of this, this world’s center or whatever it is, and do something about your problems!” If it was possible to yell psychically, Bree managed it. “I don’t know!” She concluded and took off, heading down the same tunnel that the other meowth had before she could do anything even more stupid. Edited by Fractional Pi Day

"Maybe you should…do something! Get out of this, this world’s center or whatever it is, and do something about your problems!”

Landorus growled at the insolent little green blob creature as it made its way away from the group. His tail lashed back and forth as he noticed that the more reverent Meowth had put himself to sleep nearby. The Meowth slept calmly - however, this did not calm the utterly pissed Legendary. In fact, it rather annoyed him. Take care of his problems? Take care of his problems? He internally remarked that if he would take care of his problems, several of the Pokemon within the World's Center would be missing at the moment.

Landorus looked back up at the conglomeration of Pokemon before him. In a voice he forced to be as calm as possible, he rasped,

"I do not care how-" Here his voice went up sharply, and he made a physically apparent attempt to control himself, "I do not care how you get out of here. All that I care about is that you remove yourselves from the World's Center at once."

Landorus hastily waved his hand about, "If your Smeargle has any of Palkia's powers then kindly-" His voice cracked yet again, "Kindly wake him and your Meowth leader and - and -"

The paranoia that had been plaguing the lost Legendary could be held back no longer. It wasn't only the idea of being captured, of being torn from his mighty position and put into whatever sort of captivity Thundurus and Tornadus were surely now in. No, Landorus had been alone for too long; that was the simple truth. With no Pokemon but himself and the shadows he thought he saw around corners to speak to for what felt like eons, addressing a group of Pokemon (of whom perhaps half knew who he was) simply terrified him. Landorus snapped.

"GET OUT OF HERE, YOU FOOLS! GET OUT - GET OUT!" He roared, swinging his tail wildly in front of him.

Renaissance's fur bristled in fear. "What? But we haven't done anything!"

Cobalt backed her up with, "Yeah! Never knew the mighty Landorus would be so frightened by such a ragtag bunch! No offense guys," she quickly added after Rena glared at her.

Rena rolled her eyes and sighed resignedly. "One one-way ticket to Hell, coming up," she muttered under her breath.

((I'm sorry for not replying! I didn't see the OoC post until just now! Please don't kick me out, Talon! >.<))

Edited by Techno_Elf

Endangered his existence? Legendaries? So that was it; the Legendaries had been targeted by Them. But then, why? Why were they all there? Requiem was just a normal Hydreigon, one of so many, and all the others looked normal too. Why would They not leave them alone, They surely had more important things to do than following them. Requiem wanted to leave. Landorus wanted them to leave. But he didn't know how, and that scared him, that not even Landorus knew the way out despite being there so long.

The male Meowth looked to have figured something out, and Requiem could see his whiskers trembling. It surprised him when he cast Hypnosis or a similar move on himself; why would someone do that? You were vulnerable when you were sleeping, that was the reason he had gotten his Insomniscope. The Reuniclus seemed to disagree, too, and started yelling with her Psychic voice. Requiem flinched at the sound, not able to do anything to block the voice in his mind even with his secondary heads covering his ears, as the Reuniclus stormed off. And now the one yelling was the Landorus, tail trashing wildly, and he looked dangerous, and about to attack, and the Ninetales and Lucario were angry too, and Requiem didn't want to be yelled at anymore.

He grabbed the unconscious Meowth and brownish Pokemon with paint on its tail, one in each of his secondary mouths, before quickly floating back, behind the Ninetales and Lucario. He couldn't leave the two unconscious Pokemon unprotected. But he wanted to go find the female Meowth and the Reuniclus. They couldn't separate, it was dangerous, but Landorus was dangerous too, and Requiem just wanted to grab the two remaining females and fly away, but that could make them angry.

Renaissance sensed the Hydreigon moving to stand behind her and Cobalt. She nudged Cobalt and hissed, "You have to be careful. Landorus here seems to have been suffering from paranoia or something for too long, and I don't want a fight on our hands."

Cobalt flicked a lock of fur away from her eye and replied, "I know that! I just don't see how we're getting back up there without any wings or anything."

Edited by Techno_Elf

((Not to mention that there aren't any ways up unless you punch a hole through the ceiling, either.))

Bree advanced down the tunnel unsteadily, still a bit dazed from her little speech - 80 words was a great deal of effort for her, especially directed at someone like Landorus. She didn't know why she decided to suddenly speak up despite telling herself not to mess this up just moments before, but she refused to regret the decision. Legendary or not, people were all the same, and it frustrated her when they did wrong things and no one talked about it. Even if it didn't help the situation, she felt a little better now.

I suppose I'll have to rejoin the group later...it can't be very safe to be alone here.

...Heh. I'll deal with that when I'm done sulking out here.

A fork in the tunnel soon became visible in front of Bree and she approached it warily. So this place was some sort of dungeon after all. She peered around the corner, first to the right, and then to the left - and there was the other meowth, heading toward her with her tail swishing in the air. Bree relaxed and a tired smile spread across her face. "Oh! Hello!"

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

They mocked him - HIM, Landorus! - they... They mocked him. Surely they mocked him? The mediator turned aggressor now, by nothing at all? Of course they mocked him, did they think he was blind and deaf? The three-headed dragon backed away with two of the weaker looking members of the "ragtag group"; the two in front traded ideas about his "paranoia" and how said "ragtag group" had "frightened" him. Did they know nothing at all? And such insolence shown so openly in front of him! A growl rose from his throat as he exclaimed,

"ME AFRAID OF YOU!? HAVE YOU-"

Realizing rather late that he wasn't making a terribly good point this way, he attempted to calm down yet again (with little success, as his speech was punctuated by little hiccups of higher volumes),

"Have you lost your mind?-! I ha-ave MUCH GREATER... much greater problems than the lot of you. Dark-DarkRAI-!"

After taking a ragged breath, he continued,

"Darkrai has turned against the other legendaries - AGH, THE SLUDGE-EATING LITTLE-!"

He took another breath.

"H-he has been attacking them - or was attacking them - I've been hiding here for so LONG - He's been - He could be in your friend's dream this very moment, feeling where I am!"

Fear shot through Landorus yet again at the prospect. He backed a few steps away from the group, trembling slightly,

"I ALONE have made it out alive - or uncaptured - all that matters -ALL THAT MATTERS - is that I-I am FREE!"

At by the end of his raving sentence, Landorus had gained what seemed like composure. The key word her being "seemed like" - in reality, no such thing had any place in the raging Legendary. In a smooth tone, he repeated,

"All that matters is that I am free. All that matters...."

(( In case you guys can't tell, he's not particularly open to reason at this point. He thinks the presence of Pokemon will alert Darkrai to him. Somehow.

And it doesn't HAVE TO end in a fight, by the way. He really is trying. ))

-----

Tiramisu, meanwhile, trotted into a rather nice surprise. The Meowth raised her paw in greeting to the Reniculus, then bounded over somewhat happily - after all, being with one person at a time was her forte. Whereas, she quickly and quietly reminded herself, being in a large, chaotic group like the one she'd woken up in was not.

"Hi!" She cocked her head to the side, "I thought everyone was going to stay together? Or did something happen?"

Now, she thought to herself, of course something happened. One, if she'd gotten pissed off that badly in a few moments, surely someone else had the same kind of triggers - and in any case, someone running off would heighten tensions. She wasn't so deaf that she couldn't hear the yelling echoing down the twisting halls of the underground cavern. Not to mention the odd, tired smile the Reniculus wore. Perhaps that Reed person had finally gotten up again? It seemed viable - the other Meowth would probably have some chastising to do. Or maybe someone upset the Hydreigon? Tiramisu shuffled her paws minutely; she desperately hoped it wasn't that. The poor thing was bothered enough, and besides, he'd saved her. Kind of, anyway. She hadn't really been hanging over the Fissure, more like several meters away from it. Nonetheless, he seemed like a nice enough Pokemon.

Shhhh. She'll tell you in a second, calm down. Seriously. The Meowth silenced herself, trying her very best to not needlessly overanalyze the situation.

Edited by TalonCat

Leo's dream was peacefull. no darkness, no nightmare, not really much of anything. It was abstract, fluid, he felt the world move around him, heard far off voices. One voice was growing louder than the others. It didn't take long for leo to recongnise it as Landorus'. Leo felt the world pitch once more,

And that was enough to wake him up again, The Hydreigon had picked him up. From what he could tell, Landorus had not calmed down. To the contrary, he had grown even more fearfull.

But leo had dealt with terrified and hostile pokemon before. Young pokemon kidnaped by a Mismagius named Agatha, and terrorised to where they would lash out at anything. It saddened Leo to see any pokemon in this state, and Landorus' self imposed exile was clearly not healthy.

"H-he has been attacking them - or was attacking them - I've been hiding here for so LONG - He's been - He could be in your friend's dream this very moment, feeling where I am!"

Fear shot through Landorus yet again at the prospect. He backed a few steps away from the group, trembling slightly,

"I ALONE have made it out alive - or uncaptured - all that matters -ALL THAT MATTERS - is that I-I am FREE!"

At by the end of his raving sentence, Landorus had gained what seemed like composure. The key word her being "seemed like" - in reality, no such thing had any place in the raging Legendary. In a smooth tone, he repeated,

"All that matters is that I am free. All that matters...."

"Landorus, Listen to me," Leo spoke calmly, but with an added firmness that came with authoroty.

"Darkri is not here, but you are NOT free,"

Leo took a small step foreward, carefull not to put too much weight on his injured paw.

"You have trapped yourself in a guilded cadge, too afraid to face what happened to your friends. To scared to move. I know what it's like to be alone, and terrified that what you fear will find you."

Leo closed his eyes, the edge was gone from his voice.

"When I was little, a misdreavius trapped me in a dark cave. I couldn't see, It was cold, and her voice taunted me in my dreams. I nearly gave up hope of rescue, but I found a friend. I was scared at first, but he brought light back to the cave, and his flame led me to safety."

Leo opened his eyes again, and looked Landorus right in the face.

"That is why I started a rescue team, so that nobody would have to be left alone, terrified of being found. I am not leaving anybody behind, Landorus, and that includs you."

Cobalt shrank back at Landorus' outburst. Renaissance flattened her ears, tails bristling in fear and shock.

"I didn't mean it like that..." Cobalt mumbled.

"That's enough, Cobalt. Don't aggravate him," Rena hissed.