TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Another contact, not as sudden as the first one. Maybe the owner of the new voice had decided to show itself? But then, a second voice spoke up, it's source somewhere that wasn't Requiem's mind. He risked a small look and saw a Meowth standing there, pawing at its face. Where had it come from? Looking around, he just noticed there were many other Pokemon there, not just him. The closest where the Meowth that had spoken, and a Reuniclus floating at the place where Requiem had been before - he could recognize it since there was a portion of the wall soot-less, where it had rubbed on his fur. Reuniclus were Psychic-type, so maybe it had been the one who spoke to his mind?

Requiem looked at the Meowth, who was now apologizing to him. "We need to get out," he whimpered, pressing himself further against the corner. "Now They're playing, but They'll grow tired, and we can't do anything to stop Them," he said, looking around again. There had to be at least a dozen Pokemon around, almost all of different types. More victims? But then, why weren't they afraid? Maybe they hadn't been on the run as long as him...

((Requiem believes wholeheartedly what he's saying, but that doesn't mean it's true))

Bree instinctively threw her arms up to defend against the attack, but the attack struck the wall just beside her instead. She lowered her arms slowly and stared nervously at the hydreigon. Had bumping into him really set him off like that? Oh… I’m sorry… She tried to move backwards once again, but only succeeded in squeezing herself even further into the wall.

Suddenly, Bree felt a flash of anger. What did she have to apologize for? All she did was bump into him accidentally. It wasn’t as if she knew what was going to happen, and he just decided to attack her for no reason. It seemed that someone else - a meowth - was approaching him anyway. Good. Let them deal with that guy. She peeled herself off the wall and tried to shake off all the soot that had gotten in her gel, to no avail. She crossed her arms and turned away pointedly, floating towards another empty area of the room. Maybe she would try to leave the room later, when the others had already left or at least when they moved away from the exit.

((I'm just gonna ignore Wyvern, since he is not listed in the accepted forms))

((Edit:: found it, sorry. stick to third person wyvern, it's more professional, and easier to understand. From personal experience, nobody who has RP'd in first person has ever been allowed to continue.))

Leo made his way to the centre of the cave, where the Dratini and Team Hearts were. "Nice to met you," he said formally, "I'm Leo, of team Shadowtag, although the rest of my team appears to be missing"

"Kira, what do think this refers to?" he asked.

"Huh?" Kira was surprised at Lilac's interest. Usually, even on explorations he didn't ever show such interest, "Oh, right, it could really refer to a lot of things. Like... Anything that no one can seen to find?"

"Specifics?"

"I have a few guesses. The legendaries, the mystery part and secret slab and-"

"Or it could mean us," Leo noted grimly, "Whatever is going on here, we need to find out. First off, we should try to figure out where we are. Last I rember, I was in treasure town, what about you guys?"

A small commotion drew Leo's attenion, something involving a Strange, cellular pokemon, and one that seemed to have heads for arms. "Uh-Oh, maby some of us should also work crowd controll," he noted.

Edited by sailing101

Question turned his head swiftly towards the sound of a commotion from nearby. He shivered in pretend fear then ran over to the pokemon he had made friends with and cowered behind him, trembling in fear as he peaked out at the pokemon nearby. "I don't like it," he whispered softly as he hid behind the other pokemon. He was large enough that he could be used as a meat shield, if need be. Plus, he was probably stronger than he was so having him as an ally had been a good move. "That pokemon is scary. He looks really mean." He sniffed again and looked around at the other pokemon in alarm. "They all look really scary..."

((Isn't Clyde's form the first one? Maybe there was an error with the names...))

Zagan jumped a bit at the sudden roar, ears perking towards the sound. There was a Meowth and a three-headed Dragon-type, and near them, an annoyed-looking Pokemon that looked like a floating mass of gel. Had a fight broken out? He had no idea.

Question cowered behind him, the small Pokemon shaking. Zagan couldn't imagine what he was going through. If he had been separated from everyone he knew as a Zorua... well, bad example, as he'd have probably run around thinking he could handle whatever the world threw at him and gotten injured. He'd have felt lonely after a while, though.

"Don't worry, Q," he said, putting a paw on the younger's head. His illusions covered all five senses, so the feel of Mienshao's sleeve-fur was perfectly duplicated. "Those Pokemon over there said they were from Rescue Teams, and it looks like they're going to take care of everything," he added. His eyes traveled to the writing that the members of the Rescue Teams were talking about, and he got a bad feeling; the letters were scratched into the rock, and obviously made by whatever had brought them here. Probably a powerful Psychic-type, or other Pokemon that could learn Teleport. Well, Zagan was immune to Psychic moves, so he wasn't scared of that.

"You just stay close to me, okay? I work at a Training Dojo, and I promise I'll protect you until we find your mother."

Question closed his eyes when a paw was placed on his head. He continued to shiver despite the fact the action was supposed to be comforting. So maybe it was overkill but he had yet to meet a pokemon that did not succumb to his cute looks, especially when he was upset. Opening his eyes, he glanced over at the Rescue Team pokemon when Zagan mentioned them. He was really sizing them up, trying to see if they posed a threat but quickly looked away before he was caught staring. He bit his lower lip for a moment then nodded. Deciding to stay very closer to the pokemon, he moved closer to it and wrapped his arms around one of the Mienshao's legs. He rested his head against the pokemon's body and continued to stare at the 'scary' pokemon. "O-ok," he whispered. "Do you know how to get out of here?" he asked, looking up at the pokemon's face as he clung to him.

Zagan looked around yet again at the small one's question, his paw still on Question's head. The room seemed to have only one exit, and it was partially blocked by large boulders. A real Mienshao wouldn't have had many problems navigating it, since they were very thin and agile Pokemon, but Zagan's mane might get caught in one of the rocks' edges. Another option would be Strength or Rock Smash, but he didn't know either of those moves.

"Not really, but we can figure something out," he finally answered, sniffing the air to see if he could get more information on the cave. He nearly gagged at the strong smell of sulfur that hit him, his fur bristling, and he mentally kicked himself for not having noticed before. He had probably gotten accustomed to it while he was out cold, and now that he consciously noticed it, he couldn't get it out of his nose. "Volcanic rocks?" he thought, frowning, rubbing his snout with his free paw to try to get the smell out. It'd be tolerable as long as he didn't think of it, but now that he was trying to forget, it was all he could think about. Stupid brain of his.

"It'd be better to move as a group, though. A Rescue Team Pokemon surely has more experience going around caves than the two of us combined, and it looks like there's more than one Team here," he said, shaking his head a bit. He thought of putting Question in his mane - his mother did that when Zagan was a Zorua, and it always soothed him, but that'd mean dispelling his illusion, and he didn't want to give it up yet just in case. Besides, the cub could eat his berry, and he might need it later.

"Good to meet 'cha," Celestia greeted the approaching pokemon, her air of authority fading away.

"That's right, it could be us..." Kira said, "That's what I was going to say until this dude," she jerked her head at Lilac, "interrupted me..."

"Eh, well, we were last at... I dunno... I was asleep..." Lilac said, yawning.

"My castle..." Celestia corrected, somewhat annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah..." Lilac said sighing, "So... No one has any perfect apples?"

((Boy you guys post fast.)) Inari didn't seem to hear the Smeargle as she growled deep in her throat, tuning out everything that was going on around her and Cobalt. Cobalt glanced around nervously. "Inar-"

But before she could finish, Inari leapt at the Smeargle with all her strength. "Inari! Stop it!" Cobalt grabbed her best friend by the hind legs and tried to drag her back. It worked, and Inari slammed into her.

"Cobalt, what are you doing?"

"Didn't you hear what the Smeargle said? He was trying to 'do you a favor'! "Cobalt said, rolling her eyes and tossing her head to get her fur out of her eye. "And anyways," she added, lowering her voice so only Inari could hear, "I don't think it's a good time or place to start fighting right now. There are a lot of Pokemon in here, and any of them could be the Smeargle's allies. We'd harm innocent bystanders, too. And anyways," Cobalt raised her voice to her normal level. "Aren't YOU usually the calm one while I'M the one who leaps without looking?"

Inari snorted but sat down and licked a forepaw. "I suppose you're right." She said grudgingly.

Cobalt smiled smugly. "Of course I am."

"But I will have my revenge someday, Smeargle," Inari growled dangerously. "Mark my words."

((Trying to respond to everything now...))

Then, hearing someone ask about exploration teams, Cobalt looked up. She motioned for Inari to come with her and stood in front of the rest of the Pokemon. "Hello there. I'm Inari , and this is my friend, Cobalt." Inari dipped her head and said respectfully. "We heard your question. We aren't an Exploration Team, but-"

"But we're training be become one!" Cobalt butted in, interrupting Inari.

"I was just travelling." Cadi murmured, feeling slightly intimidated by the crowds. "Team Hearts huh? Think I've heard of you before. I'm Cadi."

Hesitating, she concentrated on remembering where she had been. Turning to the meowth, she replied

"I was travelling - Brine Cave if I recall correctly. Nearing the summit, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I just picked up this oran berry." Brandishing it, she examined it quickly to se eif there was anything abnormal about it. "And here I was. We are. Any clue to the location?"

Question nodded as he continued to hug the larger pokemon. Noticing a pokemon nearby waving around an oran berry, he paused then pulled out what few items he had. An oran berry and two sleep seeds. Hiding the sleep seeds away again, he looked at the oran berry then lifted it up to his mouth and began gnawing at it. He managed to bite it in half after a few seconds of pretending to struggle with it then held one of the halves up to the larger pokemon. While his brothers and sisters never shared with him, his mother did. And what was a better way to win over hearts than to offer up what little you had left in an adorable fashion. "Are you hungry?" he asked softly, holding up one half of the berry as he held the other in his hand. He could save it for later. "You can have this..."

Leo sighed, The skitty was starting to get on his nerves. "So where is your castle then?" He asked the Serperior. "Figuring out where everybody came fom could give us some clues as to where we are now."

He then turned to the Ninetails and Lucario.

"We heard your question. We aren't an Exploration Team, but-"

"But we're training be become one!" Cobalt butted in, interrupting Inari.

"Well then, you might as well concider this as on the job training," He replied.

"I was travelling - Brine Cave if I recall correctly. Nearing the summit, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I just picked up this oran berry." Brandishing it, she examined it quickly to se eif there was anything abnormal about it. "And here I was. We are. Any clue to the location?"

"Since Brine Cave is nearby Treasure Town, that could mean that whatever sent us here has low range."

Leo knelt down and started to inspect the floor. "We can also learn a lot about our location from the geology of the cave. The rock appears to be volcanic in nature, yet it is cold to the touch, meaning there has been no recent activity, however the air is warmer than normal, so there is still a source of magma somewhere. Perhaps we are somewhere under the hot spring."

He stood back up, taking note of the fine coating of ash on his paw.

Edited by sailing101

"I told you I didn't mean anything by it!"

Reed grumbled, lowering his paws with a glare. For a moment he stood still and stared at the Ninetales, a dark look crossing his face.

I can still fight you if I want to. Don't you even dare - no. I need to get everyone out of here in one piece, then maybe she'll have gotten over it. No need to start a fight I have no chance of losing for no reason.

In another moment the scowl was wiped off of his face - he nodded in thanks to the Lucario beside the Ninetales,

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

Reed quickly fled the scene, coming to where the Rescue Teams had gathered. He nudged himself into the middle of them, holding out his arms.

"Hey, no need to fear, I know absolutely what's going on!"

His voice chimed like a bell as he stood with a self-satisfied smile. His eyes glowed with genuine pride.

"This is all an accident, and I apologize: I somehow managed to learn Spacial Rend and teleport you all here!~ All you need to do is gather around and I'll get you all back pronto!"

-----

Tiramisu quietly contemplated the Hydreigon's words.

"Who's 'They'? Is someone after you?"

It made sense, she thought. He seemed rather shaken, and absolutely paranoid - she would know, to some extent. She looked up with curious blue eyes, then added,

"And why do we need to get out so suddenly? Daylight Cave isn't... isn't... Um. Oh."

The Meowth's tail twitched suddenly as she became aware of the sharp scent of sulfur, and the dark soot her fur was covered in. Daylight Cave was nowhere near a volcano. There hadn't been any forest fires lately either. That meant...

This isn't Daylight Cave.

Tiramisu hunched over a bit, staring blankly at the ground.

Suppose I'm lost too.

Argh, stupid, he's scared and now you're suddenly freaking out like this. Get up!

She shook her head, then smiled weakly at the Hydreigon again,

"Ah, sorry, I um... Yeah, I just realized I'm kind of not where I went to sleep last night. Which I'm guessing is the situation of everyone else here too, based on what I heard?"

The Meowth glanced around the room briefly, her eyes falling on the words scratched above the cave's exit: THEY SHALL NOT BE FOUND. She laughed nervously.

"Yeah, that's... That would be 'They' then? Who ever 'They' are? Possibly watching us from places 'They' can't be found in? Oh!"

Her eyes lit up,

"Maybe it's a riddle! It's easy if it is one - Kecleon! Or... Latios and Latias, from the legends. Mew was said to have been a Mirage, too... Hm."

((Lilac is a shiny delcatty))

"My castle is not on the same continent as Treasure Town. My family rules over a distant land. You must cross the sea to get there..." Celestia said, sniffing.

Lilac began chasing his tail out of boredom and then he fell over and rolled around, purring and trying to catch his tail. Kira rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever brought us here seems to have a wider range than we thought..."

Celestia was annoyed when the Smergal barged in, at once thinking that this smergal was arrogant. She was about to say something when Kira cut in.

"And how do you explain how you learned that move without Palkia?" she asked, "According to my research, a smergal can only learn Sketch. So there is no way to learn spacial rend unless you fought against Palkia which is impossible."

Leo felt someone shove him from behind, knocking him off balance. He fell over and landed on his backside.

"This is all an accident, and I apologize: I somehow managed to learn Spacial Rend and teleport you all here!~ All you need to do is gather around and I'll get you all back pronto!"

Leo glared at the offending Smeargle, who had it's back to him. Now was not the time for displays like this. Leo calmly stood up, adjusted his Scope Lens, and dusted himself off. He then jumped into the air using Faint Attack, and landed softly in front of the Smeargle. To anybody watching, Leo would have simply vanished for a second, before reappearing in his current position.

Leo's eyes betrayed a cold rage, but his voice was calm.

"First off, the likelihood that Palkia happened to stroll by wherever you decided to take a nap is very unlikely. Secondly from what I've read about it, Spacial Rend is a distructive attack that rarely leaves it's victims in one piece, and does NOT cause sporadic teleportation. Finally, if it was your fault, it's my duty as a rescue team member to prevent you from trying anything else, and putting even more Pokemon in danger. Have I made myself clear?"

"And what makes you all so sure I don't know Spacial Rend? I could have learned it in my sleep - Sketch works anywhere, as far as I know, and as you said I can only learn Sketch."

The Smeargle turned to face the Meowth glaring at him from behind, his usual smug grin spread across his face.

"It seems like everyone just would love to test me today. Maybe you think what you're doing is best, but quite frankly it's slow and boring and I want to get everyone out of here in one piece just as much as you do."

Reed flicked his tail in the Meowth's face mischievously.

"No need to work yourself up, really."

"Don't worry about me, Q," Zagan said, putting his paw on top of the cub's stretched one. It made him feel a bit guilty, but he knew he'd feel even worse if the cub got hurt and couldn't use his Oran Berry to heal himself because Zagan ate it even though his health was just fine. "Oran Berries are more useful healing than satiating hunger, so you better hold onto it, okay?" he said, feeling the need to explain himself. Why did the cub have to look so defenseless? It made Zagan instinctively want to look after him...

A new voice resounded in the cave, interrupting Zagan's thoughts. It was a Smeargle, arms stretched out to more easily get everyone's attention. Zagan felt a wave of relief at the Smeargle's words, thinking, "At least someone knows how we got here."

Now he felt like face-palming. Still, it'd be better to approach the Rescue Teams and inform them of the cub's predicament so they could start moving. Who knew, maybe one of them had seen her. And that may take the Meowth's and Smeargle's mind off their little verbal fight. "Come on, Q," Zagan said, gently pushing the cub so they could go where the Rescue Teams were reuniting, not trying to make him release Zagan's leg. He didn't mind the gesture, and it seemed to make Question less scared.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requiem shook his main head as hard as he could, the petal-like extensions around it softly hitting it with each abrupt movement. "I don't know who They are, I just know They killed Rhapsody," he said, landing. The Meowth was being nice to him, so he could speak.

"Not a riddle, a warning, so we don't try anything," he said, all three heads looking down. Why wasn't she more scared? Did she not understand the situation they were in? Such naivety made Requiem a bit jealous and worried at the same time; it was easier to live carefree, but it shortened your lifespan. He didn't hate her, though. Maybe she had yet to experience what They were capable of, both a blessing and a curse. Not to know, or to know? He wasn't even sure anymore.

Bree watched from her corner as some of the other pokemon grouped together to discuss how they could have gotten there. Some mysterious entity teleporting them here was probably the most likely option, but she doubted it was the smeargle. But why? And what does that inscription mean...?

She let out a gurgling sigh and turned, looking at the hydreigon wearily. He was still too close to the exit for comfort, but she was sick of being in this unknown cave full of pokemon. She floated over, trying to ignore the dragon, and peered into the passageway. Though it was large, many boulders were strewn about and it would be a tight squeeze if she just rushed in. She set her jaw and threw both arms in front of her, and used Telekinesis to lift the nearest boulder. She moved it carefully back up the passage and set it down inside the room. Heavier than I expected... She entered the passage and prepared to do the same to the second boulder.

((Hey, is Strength mandatory to move boulders? Telekinesis is a gen V move and isn't in the mystery dungeon games yet, so I'm basing it off games/anime, where it is used to transport various objects. And strength does something completely different in MD anyway...))

Kira rolled her eyes at the Smeargle as Celestia fumed with annoyance.

"This is the first time I've seen a pokemon not know its signature move as much as a completely different pokemon," she muttered, smiling at how weird what the Smeargle said sounded. Celestia smirked, she knew that Kira had only said that to keep her from going into her destructive mode.

"Even I know that the only way that a pokemon can use a move in its sleep is by sleep talk. Ha. Some pokemon, not knowing which moves you have..." she said, crossing her arms and rolling her eyes, "Alright, everyone, let's get moving and stop hearing this Smeargle boast. I think we need some light inhere..." she muttered the last part and used sunny day. A bright light, almost as bright as the sun itself, lit up the cave.

"Hey, where did Bell go?" Kira suddenly asked. Celestia looked around and spotted Bell bouncing off into the tunnel where another pokemon was moving boulders.

Celestia smiled. "Well, time for the prodigy to handle things..." she muttered. Then, in a commanding tone she called, "Single file, into the tunnel, we'd better get moving! Explorers at the edges and other pokemon in the middle! Any one who can move boulders stay at the front, very middle or back to help move them for other pokemon!" her air of authority was coming back, "Move out!" She waited for the others to move, deciding to go to the back in case if hostile beings attacked from behind. Kira went first, helping Bree by adding her own power. She may not have any of those reliable fancy moves, but her small amount of usable psychic energy was able to ease things at least a little. She then used telepathy to say, "I'll tell everyone if I sense danger! I can use telepathy to do that!"

She then used Light Screen and Reflect on everyone.

"Hurry, or we'll lose sight off Bell!" Celestia called, seeing Lilac jump and weave gracefully through the boulders of the tunnel.

Edited by SoiledLove

Cobalt growled after the Smeargle and pulled Inari to her feet. "Come on," she grumbled. Then, hearing the Serperior's words, she bristled and snapped, "Who said we were supposed it listen to you? Just because you're in an Exploration Team doesn't mean you can command us!"

She would've said more, but Inari shook her head warningly and hissed, "We can't afford to fight now. We would be greatly weakened, and you know I haven't recovered form that last attack in the forest. And anyways,"she continued lightly, "it's better than listening to the oh-so-powerful-and-great Smeargle, no?"

"Hmph. I suppose you're right." Cobalt said grouchily, but nevertheless, she ran after Bell, weaving agilely among the boulders, while Inari gracefully leapt over them in powerful bounds.

Watching as the Team Hearts pokemon gave commands, Cadi bristled slightly. She hated being told what to do, but deep down she knew that they were right and she needed to co operate to get out of here.

"Coming." She murmered it to nobody in particular, and slithered after the group, weaving her body carefully around the splinters of chipped rock which now littered the floor. Pausing slightly, she turned backwards towards the main group, checking nobody had been left behind. The Smeargle - the one who had been boasting - was still in the cavern, as well as the ninetails and the lucario. There were a few others nearby, but her eyesight couldn't distinguish the breed, and she couldn't identify them.

"You guys ok?" It came out louder than expected, but was addressed to the current occupatents of the cavern. Someone could have been injured in this...incident... and although her mind chafed at the idea of using her oran berry, she was reluctant to leave anybody behind to die.

"H-hey!" Bree dodged to the side, pressing into the tunnel wall as the ninetales and lucario bounded past her. She then turned to face Kira, bouncing agitatedly around in her gel. "What are you...if we try to move these forward, what are we going to do when we hit another one?" She looked back down the tunnel. The other pokemon were already beginning to enter it, making it impossible for them to move it back. She made a frustrated glubbing sound. "What if the tunnel is super long or something? I don't want to try juggling a million boulders at once!" She crossed her arms again and dispelled the Telekinesis. "If you're going to do something stupid, I'm not helping!"

Question hesitated then reluctantly put away the two halves of the Oran berry. Or, at least he pretended it was reluctantly. He really hasn't wanted him to eat it but he was playing the part of an adorable kid. Speaking of which, Question looked down at his paws then put on in his mouth and began sucking on it quietly. More often than adult Ursaring, Teddiursa liked to stick their hands in their mouths since they often tasted of honey. As it was, Question's did as well. It was also a nervous habit many young Teddiursa shared. The taste of their paws helped to calm them down and the habit remained sometimes after they had evolved. Question was one of the Pokemon who had never outgrown the habit and sometimes caught himself about to stick his paw in his mouth while in the middle of a theft.

Glancing up at the Shaomein when he was pushed, Question paused and looked around. He was doing his best to ignore the Rescue Teams in hopes they would ignore him as well but now he was being pushed towards them. Great, this was going to be annoying. Digging his feet as best he could into the hard ground, Question pushed against Zagan and stared down at his feet. "It's dark," he whispered, glancing up at him. "It's too dark. And scary. I don't like it." He sniffed a bit as he rubbed his nose and looked away from the dark area Pokemon were going towards or going in. "I really don't like it...." While they would have to go through there eventually, hopefully his whining would stop them for a few seconds to allow the Rescue teams to go ahead before them so Zagan could not talk to them yet. Once they were outside, he could vanish and not worry himself. But here, he was trapped. And no amount of charm would work to get him out if the Rescue Teams realized he was a thief. Plus, he wanted to get a longer look at the words scratched out above the passageway. They will not be found. Weird.

Kira looked at Bree and rolled her eyes.

"All I'm doing is trusting Ball's instinct. You'll never see him run so fast if there weren't any danger... All we have to do, is push boulders towards the wall to widen the path. Many of them are just in the middle, splitting the width in half..." she said.

Leo wiped the smudge of paint from his face in anoyance. One thing was for sure, this Smeargle was dangerously overconfident in his abilities, but that also made him vulerable.

In the now lit cave, it became clear that Leo was indeed much paler than a normal Meowth. Combined with the dark patches caused by the soot, it gave him a verry unnerving appearance.

"Try anything," he hissed, "and I will stop you."

Leo then used Faint Attack to vanish once more, and reapear at the tunnel entrance.