TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Earth Power... Requiem was pretty sure Hydreigons could learn that one. He didn't get the window reference, but did that meant it was a physical attack? He... hoped not, his attack was too low. But it would be better than nothing.

"Ye-yes!" he said, for once in a normal tone, tensing a bit but not because he felt threatened - it was more because suddenly he felt like he should follow everything Anareise said. Downstairs... were there stairs? He hadn't noticed, the feeling had been of calm.

Alteria thought for a bit, but she was distracted by the Scolipede she had revevived earlier. There were... Two of them? May be one was a twin? She was so busy thinking she forgot to talk to them. She went back to reality and heard Leo say it was an illusion. 'Ohh!' She thought. "I heard lots of stories about the legends!" She said. Maybe it would help.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

It only took a second for Atto to catch on to what Zagan was doing. "Aw, don't tell them! That was supposed to be part of the trick." He pouted, but his eyes were smiling. "But alright, I promise not to peek." He turned and looked down at Red. "I've never heard of Uxie before, actually, but...even if he was there, what if he isn't anymore? I mean, according - er, Palkia showed up in some mysterious cave, and Latios was here at the town square just half an hour ago. Uxie might have moved on somewhere too."

--

Bree nodded quickly. "Let's go then." She headed toward the direction the Meowth had went. For some reason, even though she had just met Cas, she really wanted him to succeed. Maybe it was because his mission sounded important, or maybe she just felt uncomfortable when anyone other than herself was insecure. "I, ah, well, I mean, we could just join, as temporary members, like you said earlier, right?" She spoke quickly, stumbling over her words. "I don't - can't say I know these guys that well, really, but I, I think you'd be fine."

"Oh, well, I guess you have a point..." Red shrugged. "But it's a place to start, right? Unless someone has other information..."

"That's why we should ask around town and gather as much information as we can," Leo confirmed, "We need to know if there were any recent sightings of the lake trio, not just old stories,"

((I'm thinking we're going to need something to work with soon Taloncat.))

"Okay! Should we start now or later?" Alteria asked. This was exciting! It was a mission! A challenge! "Who are the other members if the rescue team?" She asked

Anareise shifted herself off of the couch hastily, grinning as she did so (half because she'd lifted herself onto her bad leg). The Shuckle hobbled carefully down the short set of stairs, then around the corner of the staircase. In front of her was a thick wooden door with an engraving of a Magcargo; the carving seemed to be of the eastern style, with the Magcargo calmly meditating in front of a more subtly engraved volcano. The dark wood didn't really fit the volcanic scene, although Anareise reasoned that neither the volcanic scene nor the meditative pose truly captured her stepfather's manner. She smiled and stuck her long tentacle/hand through a small, hidden hole in the door, twisted a lever at the back, and leaned against the heavy door to push it open. The Move Tutor commented over her shoulder,

"None of the Teddiursa kids can reach their paws in that far, so I never have to deal with anyone messing around in here."

She motioned Requiem in, a grin across her face,

"Please, come into my not-so-secret volcanic lair!"

After the mention of teaching Earth Power (and, secretly, the idea of having company for a bit longer), a change had come over Anareise. If there were two things she had within her element, they were making Pokemon comfortable and summoning up the destructive powers of Groudon itself. While her two talents would seem to oppose each other, they had one core idea in common: grounding and fire. The comfort and definitive strength of the earth, and the warmth and power of fire - to Anareise, the two things were just as connected as water and ice. It just so happened that the latter talent was a gift from her stepfather, and so it let her channel a bit of his boundless enthusiasm. Yes, "boundless enthusiasm" sounded a bit better than "utterly pyromaniacal tendencies."

There were reasons besides the crazy cubs that the windows were fire and earthquake-proof, the door had been coated with a special sealant, the house had the strongest foundation she could have Dugtrios build, and the walls were three feet thick in some places. (One of them included the fact that she'd had a bedroom before, and now she just had a futon that folded into the couch she had upstairs.)

The Shuckle rushed to the center of the training dojo, placing herself on top of a red circle (painted no more than a day ago) on the blackened (reinforced) concrete floor. A blue circle was painted to the far right of her, circled by a few other charred purple circles. She called to the Hydreigon,

"Requiem! Stand on top of the blue circle and tell me when you're ready - the purple circles are for class sessions."

The dojo itself would have been beautiful had it not been cracked and charred; in some ways, it still was despite that. It had the look of a coliseum, with inset squares of concrete along the top of the room (for structural support, but Anareise didn't want to frighten anyone by saying that), and crumbling dark marble pillars. There also appeared to be a few more carvings on the walls opposing the windows, but they may as well have been Pompeii at this point.

The bright colors of the circles felt very out of place among the ashen look of the place, but Anareise had found that these colors worked the best for the Move Tutor's trade secret. Showing off a move was one thing; you could do that and easily teach a whole town of Pokemon how to flail around uselessly shouting, "Earth Power!" The key was to teach each Pokemon what powers they had to call upon within themselves to use the technique, and Anareise had discovered that this was much easier (especially with a Pokemon of her build teaching) if the Pokemon could see where they should feel these energies. Take one normal painted circle, add some Move Tutor and a bit of tinkering with help from her friend, and there you have a "power locator" of sorts. When she would teach a move, the appropriate "power centers" on her body would light up red, and the corresponding "power centers" on the bodies of the Pokemon standing in the other circles would light up blue or purple accordingly. (In other words, a Shuckle, a Lucario, and one very bright Porygon-Z walked into a bar one night, and drunk science ended up working out rather well.)

-----------

Cas sighed deeply. It was now or never, and the Reuniclus seemed to have gathered her courage up. Who was he to waste that confidence, and who was he to potentially waste a life because of his own fear? It took a moment, but he stood up (a seemingly awkward movement considering his lack of legs) and began floating towards the Meowth. Though he positively dwarfed the Pokemon, he managed to seem relatively small with the way he carried himself. The Dusknoir bowed his head and asked,

"Excuse me? You're the leader of team Shadow Tag, correct? Ms. Bree and I overheard that your team is going to be joining the search for the Lake Trio, and were wondering if -"

Do you seriously believe you can reverse the tides a tsunami of our will and the will of the universe itself?

Cas' gaze hardened slightly, and despite the interruption of his concentration he felt a well of determination pick up the slack. His words continued unhindered despite the nag at the back of his mind.

"We could join your team -"

You are a fool of great determination and we can APPreciate that -

"As temporary members -"

If you succeed, we will bother you no longer - we will cry for you and with you when you fail.

"For this exploration?"

We lived once, and we wish you good luck.

Cas was left with his own feelings of incredulity at both his own perseverance and the sudden humanity in the tones of the broadcasts, as well as a sudden charge of strength. At any other time he would have shivered to consider the consequences of gaining the support of the dead (and he still wondered at it), but at this moment he needed to give a strong case for his new friend and himself. After a quick breath, he continued,

"I myself would only accompany you to Uxie; there is a problem that I believe can only be solved with its knowledge and skills. It's of the utmost importance that I get to Uxie as soon as possible."

After a moment's thought the Dusknoir realized he'd never given his name.

"Ah, also, my name is Cas. It's... It's a privilege to meet you."

---------------------------

Fenris rested his nose on his paws as he stretched out next to Pellinore. Man, could that guy go on. The Electrike loved him like a little brother - treated him like an older brother - but still, the Kirlia could chat just like a little sister. (He would know, he'd had them all and scared them all and gotten thrown out of the house by his mother. He missed his little sister a little bit, and he supposed that might have been why he put up with the babble.) Improper this, philosophy that, I-want-to-be-a-Gallade-in-shining-armor-and-would-you-not-be-such-a-bad-influence-I'm-trying-to-be-gentlemanly there; Pell'd been that way since he'd evolved. Quite frankly, Fenris kind of missed the little kid with a bad mouth and wet eyes and an honest smile and terrible lies. Even if Pell was just a bit older than him, he was getting way too old.

"- and, man, I don't really know what to do if a lady comes up to ask for a dance... Do you think I'm cut out to be the gentlemanly type, even?"

The Electrike peered into the distance. Was that another straggler in the distance? Hey, a way out was a way out.

"Pell, you know I ain't listenin' and you know what I'd say if I was: be whatever you want 's long as it ain't a prude or a poacher. 'S that a Meowth over there hissing her tail off?"

The Kirlia fumed,

"Man, censorkip.gif you, Fenris. I'm serious."

Or, a way out was a surefire way to get a pin stuck in his heart. After all, he loved Pell like a brother. He sighed,

"Wolfy knows you're serious, and I know this means a lot to you but Wolfy also knows you worry too much about it. 'ou can be a Gallade if't's what you want and ain't no one - "

"Shove it Wolfy, go chase your cat."

Aaaand there was the patented "little sister is pissed at you go away" glare. Fenris hesitantly stood up, and quietly walked away. Pell'd need some time now, and he could tell him he really was sorry later.

That indeed was a Meowth, and a very pissed and... crying? Meowth at that. The urge to practice his act was gone, though, and Fenris at this point only wanted to chat up the air while his buddy found some room to forgive him in. He padded quietly over to the conflicted little mess.

"'Ey, kitty, what's messed you up?"

"Go away."

Tiramisu still had a bit of silk on her far right claw. She bit it off roughly, and began passing it numbly between her paws.

"Ain't no way to treat someone trying to help you. What messed you up, girl?"

"I said GET. AWAY. FROM ME."

The Meowth hissed, and laid her ears low.

"Chill."

Tiramisu growled, and glared at Fenris. Hey, wow, two glares in a row! Let's keep going.

"Chill, you're goin' to give Wolfy a heart attack if you keep making those fart noises."

Suddenly the Meowth's face blanked, and she blinked. A very slight, agitated smile came across her face.

"...What?"

Fenris grinned,

"Your growls sound like Manectric farts, little miss kitty. Now that I got you to chill a bit, what's got you all messed up?"

Tiramisu stared at the ground instantly, frowning. Her answer came slowly, and shakily.

"I... did a bad thing. A bunch of bad things. And I liked them, but they're bad - "

Her voice got a bit faster and shakier as she continued,

"But I don't want to always be worrying about if it's bad or good or anything because the Legendaries and rescue teams and everything was supposed to be good and they just - stupid - betrayed me and left me here and weren't... weren't what I knew they were - "

A few more angry tears rolled down the Meowth's cheeks as her claws gripped the grass. She would've continued if Fenris' voice didn't cut in.

"Ain't a problem at all miss, why're you crying? Zebstrika's black if you look at 'im one way, white if you look at him another, and zapping your a** off if you keep staring at him that long. Get off of it."

"...I tried to help that kidnapper escape because I didn't like that other Meowth."

"Get off of it."

"...Doesn't that make me a bad Pokemon?"

Fenris rolled his eyes and got up closer to the Meowth, so close that she could feel his breath.

"'ou and Pell are both deaf. Get. Off. Of. It. Who gives a flying Fearow about that? Plannin' to wear a badge that says 'I'm a bad Pokemon'?"

Tiramisu was quiet for a while, pondering this. Her voice - much calmer now, though sounding much younger - asked,

"That means... I can do whatever I want, right?"

"MOLTRES, ZAPDOS, AND ARTICUNO!" (A particularly old Beartic answered, "Lugia, corum omnipotens!")

Fenris fell onto his back dramatically, paws in the air as if inviting the glory of the Legends upon his own body.

"Felt like I was talking out my tail, but Arceus above at least you hear me."

To a Pokemon ever bound by rules and regulations, that phrase ("You can do whatever you want.") can be dangerous without the realization of its implications. It has a sort of freeing magic that can work much like gunpowder exploding a rocket. Tiramisu did not know this. She sat up straighter and whispered, "...Th-thanks." while thinking triumphantly,

I... I can do whatever I want. It's my life.

Fenris rolled over again, and mumbled,

"Eh, whatever. Call me if 'ou want the homily."

Something else gathering near the middle of the Square had caught the Electrike's eye, and he walked off to investigate it.

-------------

"Attention, all teams of Laos joining the chase for the Legendaries, attention!"

A Sunflora coolly called out across the Square,

"All teams assemble here for the greatest efficiency!~"

So far, three teams had gathered. One was made up of two Beartics, a Sunkern, and the aforementioned Sunflora. Their name was Team Blasstafras, and their banter went something like this:

"Yeah you tell them all about 'efficiency', nerd girl."

"Gus, give her a break. She doesn't have the loud, obnoxious lungs you do. Not to mention - "

"Why do you guys always talk about Ms. Nami when she's far away? You know she can't hear you, right?"

"Yeah, kid, that's kind of the - "

"Principle of sound traveling over a distance, a very fantastic observation, Histak."

"Thanks, Ms. Farley!"

They'd decided earlier that they wanted to go after Kyurem, since they deemed themselves the most suited for the task.

The second team liked to be called Team Frikaloo, and was made up by a trio of ridiculously buff, ridiculously huge Pokemon: a Magmortar, a Kangaskan, and a Conkeldurr (who was holding two large trunks of supplies rather than the usual concrete pillars, and coincidentally had been one of the Pokemon to assist in building Anareise's bomb shelter of a dojo). Aside from the Conkeldurr, who was silent, they mostly just yelled, "FRIK. A. LOOOOO! LET'S DO THIS!" They'd also decided earlier that they wanted to go after Kyurem, since they deemed themselves the most suited for the task.

The third team wasn't an actual rescue team, but a gathering of a few of the locals who decided they needed a bit of excitement in their life. This time was so far the largest, with six members: a Rattata, a Raticate, two Sunkerns, an Ursaring, and a Poliwrath. They conversed quietly among themselves and seemed to be thinking of other townspeople who might like to go along with them to meet Mesprit, the town's patron from olden days. The Raticate and the two Sunkerns mentioned the possibility that they'd been fooled, and that the Legends really were just fairy tales, but they did so quietly because of the excitement of the chase.

Fenris laid down closer to the action; close enough that he could hear and hardly be noticed despite his obvious appearance. The bricks where he laid were beginning to be overgrown by the grass.

Ah, this'll be a cakewalk.

(( Guy, guys, guys, guys, my writing muse walked into a bar and ended up coming home with quite a few parentheticals! It got words all over my computer (I think it drank too much), but I'm really glad it's home~ ))

Leo looked from the Dusknoir to Bree. Cas seemed hesitant in speaking, almost as if he was listening to someone else at the same time. Leo figured that the stories of a Dusknoir's ability to hear messages from the underworld had some credit in this.

"I can tell you could use some help in this matter," Leo replied, "and I've seen what Bree could do in the cave, so all right. The two of you can come along."

"I'm Leo, by the way, It's nice to meet you."

"Attention, all teams of Laos joining the chase for the Legendaries, attention!"

"All teams assemble here for the greatest efficiency!"

"Let's go see what this is about," Leo said.

Alteria nodded and flew towards the voice. She arrived faster due to her flying, and landed on the ground to wait. She checked her bag, and confirmed that no items had been lost since she last checked. She scanned around, and saw three groups. The biggest one for some reason was also the quietest. She continued with her observations as she waited.

"Ah..." Bree had mostly been thinking for Cas, but she supposed this wasn't bad. She had been trying to convince herself to join in the adventure, anyway. What did Leo mean by what she'd done in the cave, though? All it had been was some strategic application of Telekinesis and a Signal Beam that was done when he wasn't even present - nothing impressive. She reddened and hurriedly changed the subject to get her mind off it. "Well, yeah, I guess we should, huh?" She followed the Altaria back to the square, where there were way more explorers than before.

--

Atto looked at Zagan. "Hey, it sounds like a lot of people are getting excited by this legendary stuff, huh? Maybe we could go after another legendary instead of following Team Shadow Tag around all the time. We don't have any leads, though...heh, I guess no one really does. In any case, let's go check this out!" He headed to the square as well.

Requiem followed Anareise down the stairs, the tip of his tail bumping slightly on each step as he flew down. They turned a corner that lead to a door, with a Magcargo carved in a weird style on the wood, and a small hole he only noticed when Anareise reached into it to open the way. Requiem's three heads perked with curiosity, trying to take everything in; the room beyond (volcanic lair, had she called it?) was huge and looked as if something had breathed fire all over it, floor charred and most places cracked, even the ceiling and black pillars that were holding it in place. There were windows on one side, with thick glass that looked like it could withstand a Donphan's charge, and some carving on the other side that Requiem supposed were of more Magcargos, but the state they were in was so faded that it could perfectly have been just more cracks.

The first thing that caught his attention, though, were the circles painted in bright paint that looked completely out of place when compared to the rest of the room. There was a red one on the center of the room, and a blue one on the right, the latter surrounded by small purple ones that looked to have been used to practice Flamethrower or a similar move. Anareise placed herself on the red circle and indicated him to go to the blue one, and Requiem complied, not sure how he felt about the whole thing, heads back in their default position and tip of his tail curled forward. The feeling from before hadn't disappeared, none of the two had, but this room's atmosphere was that of a contained power, and for a second there, Requiem had the feeling it would be enough.

But he'd never want Anareise to discover if he was wrong.

He flew towards the blue circle and landed there, tail coiling a little around him and wings folding down, facing Anareise. Rhapsody was still quiet, which was good, but the other one was also silent, which worried him a bit. Still, if something bad was going to happen, the other would tell him. He always did.

He took a deep breath, secondary heads raised so they were just a few centimeters lower than his main one. "All-" he gulped and tried again, this time a bit higher and with the tiniest bit of confidence, "All right. I, I'm ready."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It will be better if we find out all we can before choosing a Legendary to go after," Zagan conceded, following Atto at a more leisure pace. He didn't really mind which of the Lake Guardians they'd try to find - back when Antranig was rambling on and on about the legends, he hadn't actually paid much attention, and didn't know them that well. No, he only cared about finishing this quickly and finding Darkrai himself.

Someone who had willingly given everything away couldn't possibly be evil.

Edited by Puredark006

As Fantaasma was tossed back like a rag-doll, a thought crept into his head. <I've been doing this for at least 7 years. I've got this town under lock and key. Why should I listen to a dame that's playin' hard to get when she doesn't know a thing about the Black Market business. When he finally settled, he zoomed back over to Agatha and snickered. "No, you listen lady. I've been at this game far too long to just 'get up and leave'. You wanna know how I keep my business from going under, and how I keep myself from going to jail?" he inquired. "Drugs" he stated. "I supply some of the local 'officials' with my drugs every so often, and they look the other way. If I go, o do the drugs. If the drugs go, then they die. It's as simple as that".

Fantaasma drifted backwards and shot a wink at the Mismagius. "You should really learn to keep your nose out of others business, really". Just as he finished, Fantaasma used his Hypnosis attack and directed it at Agatha. <We can't have you following me again back to my place of work, now can we?>.

((Sorry sorry sorry for not posting in a week! I've been away from my computer and I've only been able to post on a few RP's on my tablet... Don't hurt me ;___;))

Anareise nodded, filled with a focus that was slightly broken when she heard Requiem's initial hesitation. She grinned sheepishly,

"Please don't be afraid, Requiem. I promise I've never had an injury in this dojo except for my own."

The Shuckle wiggled her hurt leg, then looked back towards the door where they'd come in. The steeled determination and excitement of training had come back to her.

"I'm going to perform Earth Power six times. You'll see part of my body light up red, and part of yours light up blue - those places are where you'll be able to feel the attack whenever you use it. I want you to pay attention to me the first time in each set of two, then to yourself on the second time. Got it? Let's go."

Anareise took a deep breath, (carefully) raised herself up on her hind legs as she began to glow golden, then dropped violently to her forelimbs. The ground in front of the door erupted into a fantastic rain of both molten and unmolten rock, although curiously the concrete remained whole. The afterimages of red outlines on Anareise remained for a few seconds, on the upper half of her hindlegs, the tips of her front legs, the front of her shell. The Shuckle breathed out.

"That's the first one. Now pay attention to where you're going to feel the attack when you use it."

The Move Tutor repeated the actions again, leaving the door a bit more charred. Next, she turned to the wall away from Requiem and repeated, then to the back wall. After she'd finished this, she wiped her face with her hand-tacle and smiled.

"Now you try it!"

-----------------

Cas blinked, then nodded. He was rather surprised at the overall lack of an interview, or questioning of motives, or anything of that like - the Meowth had seemed much more formal before.

"Th-thank you very much, Leo, sir."

The Dusknoir floated between Bree and Leo as they headed to the Square. He mentioned quietly,

"If it will aid you in any way, I know a small bit about Uxie. It is rumored to have the ability to erase memories, and has knowledge that even surpasses the greatest Alakazam... I'm afraid that's all I know."

The Square was bustling and loud, even with only three groups there. He wondered at just how loud Pokemon could be, and then remembered how much louder they could be some other times -

"FRIK. A. LOOOOOOOO! OO-RAH!"

A Magmortar roared in his face, thankfully bringing him out of his brief little dark reflections. The Pokemon seemed surprised to find a Dusknoir in the way of his sound waves and grinned ruefully.

"Din't mean ta raar in yer face, mate, 'pologies for that. Just so werked up ov'r huntin' some Kyurem, ya know?"

Cas waved him away,

"Ah, it's no problem, I understand."

A Conkeldurr nearby shook his head quietly, then shoved his hand into one of the supply cases to roughly pull out a notebook and pencil. He began scribbling away. Cas paid him no attention, and looked around the Square.

"Attention all teams! Another group has entered the Square, and we must repeat the current state of affairs for the most effective cooperation!"

The Sunflora's chiming voice cut through the Square.

"Newcomers, we currently have three teams from Laos prepared to search for the Legendaries! Team Frikaloo - made up of Misters Demp and Cale, as well as Miss Gertrude - has elected to search for Kyurem in the northern alpine mountains based on a report Mister Cale read of deep subzero temperatures deep within the caves beneath these mountains! Team Blasstafras - made up of yours truly, Mister and Missus Farley, and the young Mister Histak - has decided to also search for Kyurem, but beneath the anomaly of the equatorial ice floes. The final team so far is a team of six Laos workmen whose names I have not yet received because they are currently discussing lore separately from the rest of the cooperative group."

After the Sunflora had (bitterly) ended its report, a Poliwrath from the latter group stood up.

"Excuse me? Hello everyone. Or... HELLO EVERYONE!"

The Poliwrath coughed, then continued more strongly.

"My colleagues and I have compared lores and have some things to... share with you. Aaaah..." The Poliwrath froze up, and turned shyly to one of the Sunkerns, "Felly, would you tell them, please?"

This "Felly" Pokemon grumbled quietly, "Honestly, Berry? The only Pokemon in Laos who wants to be a scientist, and you can't give one report?"

Apparently Laos has a knack for raising an extremely loud breed of Sunkern and Sunflora, because this "Felly" Pokemon had absolutely no problems addressing all of the Square.

"I'll start with what we've gathered on Kyurem, because it seems the lot of you suicidal fools are most concerned with finding that murderous dragon. Kyurem has been used throughout the years to explain moral ambiguity; naturally, he'll feel no moral sense of right or wrong about freezing you lot into fantastic little popsicles - "

"Actually, Felly, I think I'll take over."

The Raticate of the group cautiously and carefully pushed the Sunkern down from the view of the crowd. He smiled apologetically,

"While I'm skeptical, too, I think you all deserve a less... skewed view of what we've found. Kyurem reserves powers over ice of all types, and - as my friend and I believe Latios said - is morally grey. Few tales remain about it, so that is all we know about it. It could be huge, tiny, invisible; I'd advise caution in searching for it.

With the Lake Trio, we have a bit more information. Laos itself was said to have been watched over by a being of emotion named Mesprit. If some of the carvings we've seen around town are in fact based on it as they're said to be, Mesprit is a very small Pokemon, about the size of a Porygon-Z. It also has long tentacles on its head. There are two other Pokemon in the trio: one of knowledge, and one of willpower. We know little about the being of knowledge, only that it sleeps withing a lake like its counterparts. The being of willpower was said to be able to turn a Pokemon to stone in one of the ancient poems our resident librarian has kept safe -"

He paused to nod at the Ursaring, who smiled warmly.

"However we do not know if this was a metaphor or the straight truth. It may be that the being of willpower is huge and terrifying, and therefore will 'turn you to stone' with fear, or that it has the ability to paralyze you... We can't find any hints as to what this Legendary Pokemon is, however there are reports of a mountain to the northeast where travelers have found themselves suddenly weakened, or locked up unable to move for a time. That is all -"

The Ursaring interrupted suddenly (after quickly apologizing to her friend),

"Ah, no, there's one more point about Mesprit! In the story of the creation of Laos... Oh, I might as well tell you it.

As the bright rays of creation washed over the land

The plains sparkled and sung for spring had come

And Mesprit, saint and spirit, emotion itself

Rested, for the grass was green and the sky shone its own brilliant pink

Upon the ground the spirit rested and around it many Pokemon gathered

They looked upon it as their goddess and grace

And around it their town sprung

And Mesprit, saint and spirit, watched over them then, and played in their glee

Until the winter chill came, and pushed it to the edge of the stone

Where it fled, and hid under the eaves

You see, we've always take 'the eaves' to be our houses, but maybe Mesprit actually fled to somewhere that resembles the eaves of houses instead? Thank you, everyone."

The Sunflora from earlier resumed its announcements as the librarian finished.

"We thank you all for finally aiding in our cooperative effort! If the new team would please identify themselves and their goals so we may group them with the resources that would be most effective in allowing them to reach said goal?"

Requiem nodded and focused all three heads on Anareise, determined to pay attention. This should be easier than learning Roost, because back then no one taught him and it was basically trial and error until he managed to do it right. Now, however, if what Anareise said was true, he should be able to understand it better.

She hit the ground with her front legs, a golden glow enveloping her, and the floor started shaking, three mini-eruptions exploding in succession from the ground in front of her. The red outlines remained on her body for a few seconds before she instructed Requiem to look at himself.

The first.

Requiem diverted his gaze to his own body, main head turning to look at his back and wings while his secondary ones payed attention to his chest, legs and tail. His heads weren't like a Dodrio's, they didn't have brains or could think (at least when Rhapsody wasn't present), but he could still eat with them and get visual information, though it was the equivalent of seeing something on the corner of your vision. It took a while to get accustomed after he evolved, but now it meant he could look in three different directions at the same time and not get confused.

The earth started shaking again, and he saw the blue glow on his body. On Anareise's, the red had highlighted on the upper half of her hind legs, the tips of her front ones, and the front of her shell. On Requiem, the blue was on the throats of his secondary heads, his chest, and the tip of his tail. He kept looking at the blue, trying to memorize the places it was telling him to concentrate on, until it disappeared.

The second.

Anareise turned to the wall in front of Requiem so he could see her from behind. He noted her movements, raise, glow, hit, eruptions, and repeated them to himself; "Raise, glow, hit, eruptions."

The third.

Again looking at himself, tail raised so he could get a better look at the tip, secondary heads tilting to the sides so their throats were exposed. Chest and throats, and then tail - there was a slight pause between the first two and the third. A pause...

The fourth.

Another turn, this time so he could see her side. Hind, shell, front. Hind, shell...

"Concentrate the energy, and then release it."

The pause was to release it.

The fifth.

Concentrate on his chest and throats, build up the power, and call it forth with his tail. Hit the ground. Release it.

The sixth.

"Now you try it!"

Close his eyes. Breathe in, then out. Chest and throats, then tail. He could tell by that it was a Special move, and he was grateful for that. He just needed to remember how it was before, the first times.

Requiem opened his eyes, concentrating on his chest and the throats of his secondary heads, building up the energy like he did when he wanted to use Dark Pulse and starting to glow a golden color. But instead of releasing the energy from his mouths, he channeled it to his tail, where the glow intensified for a second before he slammed it on the ground with a growl.

The floor started shaking, and Requiem got two seconds to wonder where were the eruptions before one exploded right in front of his face, making him jerk back with a surprised yelp and fall on his back outside of the circle. It had been a single, medium-sized one instead of the three small ones Anareise had shown him, and even though the rocks it summoned nearly hit him on the snout he couldn't help but be a bit cheered up for managing to call it.

"Was that... was that alright?" he asked, a bit faster and louder at the end, tail and petals on his collars raised as he rolled on himself to stand up.

((Requiem, you need to focus on where you want the eruption to happen, you know.

Also, in the games Pokes learn moves instantaneously, so I guessed it'd be the same with someone who knows what they're doing teaching a move. So I was thinking of something like this, tell me if I need to change anything))

[REQUIEM

-Earth Power learned.

-Earth Power: Unreliable. Move tutored by Anareise in Laos Town. He needs to be on the ground to use it, not flying, which makes him susceptible to Ground-type moves, and there's a 30% chance of recoil damage equal to a third of the damage done to the opponent.]

They had been asked to identify themselves, so Leo stepped forward. He was about to speak, when he noticed that most of those gathered were looking to the Cas for the introduction.

Curse my diminutive stature, Leo silently swore to himself (and possibly Bree, if she was listening.)

"A-Hem, Down here!" Leo called out, finally gaining the crowds attention (and some odd looks), "We're Team shadow tag. Our current goal is to locate Uxie. I myself know quite a few details about this Pokémon from Legends passed down in my home town, the hidden Village of Foggy forest."

"According to the legend, Uxie once guarded a priceless treasure in Fogbound Lake, warding away thieves with Illusions, and when that failed, taking their memories. However, there were some who earned Uxie's trust, and were allowed to leave with their memories, and an oath of secrecy. Over time, some of the Pokémon who encountered Uxie, both thief and explorer alike, chose to settle in the forest that held Fogbound lake, acting as a refuge for travelers lost in the fog."

"It has been a long time since anyone has found Fogbound Lake, and the last traveler to find it brought back the news that Uxie, as well as the treasure had vanished. Still, my village guards the key to Fogbound Lake, in the hope that Uxie would one day return."

Leo finished reciting the story that he knew by heart, the story that his mother would tell him instead of a lullaby every night.

"If someone really is trying to round up the legendries, then unfortunately, fogbound lake is the least likely place to look. Also, Uxie's ability to wipe memories means that there likely would not have been anyone who remembers having seen Uxie, unless they earned it's trust. Unfortunatly, this means that I'd be asking anyone who may know anything to break that trust."

Leo finished solemnly. Oaths of secrecy were one of the most important things to residents of the Hidden Village. It was a town founded on secrets after all. However, Leo knew that finding The lake trio was more important.

Edited by sailing101

When the Raticate mentioned that they didn't have much information on Uxie, Bree frowned, then chuckled to herself after a pause. Not much was known about the being of knowledge - it was somewhat appropriate. In any case, their goal stayed the same, and Leo seemed to know quite a bit more. Could there really be a Pokemon here who had known Uxie, though? She scanned the crowd, eyes resting on the Poliwrath (Berry, was it?) for a second before moving on. In any case, she wasn't about to open her mouth and ruin things.

--

Atto waited for a second after Leo finished speaking, then spoke up himself. "We - that is - " he glanced at Zagan. He wasn't sure if Zagan still wanted him to keep up the charade. They had already earned a few odd looks from the crowd for being absolutely identical, and he was starting to get weirded out himself. "Us two," he settled for gesturing at the Zorua with his head, "we're not part of Team Shadow Tag and we're considering going after a different legendary. Another member of the lake trio, maybe! Would it be possible for us to see these carvings and other records, once this meeting is over?" He looked over at the Ursaring.

"Divide and conquer, right?" Zagan agreed, nodding, fake horns up. He walked to where Atto was, standing next to him just to mess with whoever was watching - so much time with Milo when he was a Larvesta also meant nothing was off in his illusion's posture and the way he walked, and he briefly considered pretending they were twins before thinking it'd be too obvious the armor was cracked in the same places. Oh well, he could live with Pokemon just not knowing who was the original.

"Anyway, Mesprit sounds like a good start indeed, since apparently it could be the closest one."

(I think haldor would be a known figure, there aren't many shiny steelix's and he was a rescue team guy)

Haldor rose out of the ground from behind the two Scolipedes, he had been listening from underneath. "I approve of these two, they are quite intuitive. I will gladly accompany them. For those of you who do not know me my name is Haldor I am a retired founder of the Rescue team Geronimo. Haldors gaze then turned down towards the two scolipedes, his eyes settling on the illusion (he knows somehow... call it a sixth sense) "I also wish to have a word with them," He said, quieter this time so that only he and the two scolipedes could hear him. "Whats more," He said raising his voice again, "If we can succeed in finding Mesprit I can quickly carry these two to a new location."

(Yay lets all be friends biggrin.gif )

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

((Yay friends! ))

Alteria heard them speak, choosing to sit there quietly, since she didn't know a lot. She waited for them to finish. She didn't have to worry about traveling, because she could fly, but the others would have to travel somehow. She pondered this while she waited for them to finish.

Red watched and listened from behind Leo, sitting back on her haunches, ears perked to attention. This was all very interesting! They were really going to go somewhere soon!

Unfortunately, it was rather difficult to tell exactly what was happening, since she was the shortest pokemon there. Standing up on her hind legs had little effect, but maybe she could get on someone's back or shoulders? She cautiously sidled up to Alteria.

"Excuse me, pretty birdy... Do you think I could watch what's happening from up on your back? It's very difficult to see from down here..."

Alteria turned her head to the zigzagoon. "My name is Alteria. You can, if you're not too heavy. What's your name?" She said, spreading out her cloud like wings. She didn't think that a little Pokemon like the zigzagoon would be that heavy, but sometimes there were surprises. She herself didn't weigh much, being mostly cloud.

"Oh, okay!" Red chirped, climbing up Alteria's wing onto her back. "My name's Red!" She was surprisingly solid for a Zigzagoon, but still plenty light for the flying pokemon to hold.

Noticing Leo's at least slight frustration, Cas said very quietly,

"My apologies, I should have walked behind you. If it would help any, I could, ah... Perhaps I could hold you up? Ah, no, that would be awkward."

The Dusknoir shuffled backwards uncomfortably, then decided to huddle in by Team... What was it?

"FRIK. A. LOOOOOOOOOO! HECK YEAH, LET'S GO FOR THE KYUREM!"

The Kangaskhan very quickly (and loudly) gave Cas his answer. He shuffled to stand next to the team's Conkeldurr. He couldn't help but notice that the Pokemon was scribbling furiously at the notebook, eyes narrowed as if he were surgically removing a coin from a Wailord's tooth. The page had some crossed out words - "You're a moron, Demp," followed by "Shut your face, Gert," - as well a rather striking picture of -

'What the h*** are you staring at, ghostie?'

Cas was woken out of his brief staring reverie by those words scrawled across the bottom, and the Conkeldurr himself glowering at his prying eye. The Dusknoir quickly apologized, turning away a little out of embarrassment.

"Ah, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare - That picture you've drawn, it caught my eye and - "

The Conkeldurr's expression softened, and he put out a hand to stop the Dusknoir's groveling. He erased what he'd written, wrote 'Fine.' in its place, then more carefully scribbled the words 'Illusory Tower' directly under his drawing.

The drawing remained little more than a sketch, but it was clear what it meant to portray. It was a great, shining tower; the sun would reflect off of it and nearly burn one's eyes. It had only one window, at the very top, and it overlooked a dark and misty forest. Unlike most towers, though, it seemed to fade away into the forest, like a fog. The Conkeldurr had erased bits of the tower to look like eyes, and the clouds seemed to be in a particular formation, like a helmet, around it. The artist stared at Cas expectantly.

The picture reminded him of something or someone, but he couldn't put his finger on it. The Conkeldurr seemed rather disappointed. He flipped to a new page, and wrote 'Cale' and an arrow to himself at the top. Then he added,

'Knowledge of the Truth

Truth through Lies'

Cas read these lines over a few times, mumbling,

"Nice to meet you, Cale..."

The tower had been sinking into the forest - that wasn't possible, was it? It had to be a lie. The truth was to be found through lies, according to the two lines the Conkeldurr (who was now rather agitated) had written. So the truth - or knowledge of the truth - would be found in... the tower?

"I'm afraid you're being a bit cryptic."

Cas frowned at the paper as Cale sighed and punched the pencil against the paper so hard that the Dusknoir feared it would tear through the notebook.

'You won't find it then.'

"Find what?"

'You were looking for.'

Cas stared at the words again, and it clicked. Uxie. Knowledge of the Truth, Truth through lies...

"You think it's there?"

'I'd bet. Truth in lies - an old rhyme from mom. Don't tell.'

Cas nodded slowly, gratitude obvious on his face. But how did this Pokemon even have any idea where a Legendary would hide - or even have known of some mirage tower?

'Got lost in forest with friend - dunno what happened - but then woke up and there was a tower in the sky. Also, was falling. Can't talk anymore.'

------

The Sunflora called out,

"Teams gathered, we now have another team joining the cooperative effort! Welcome Team Shadow Tag! They will be searching for Uxie, I assume near Foggy Forest! There are also three separate Pokemon who appear to want to search for Mesprit; I advise them to join forces with the townspeople in order to appropriate a good lot of resources. We appreciate your contribution, Team Shadow Tag!~"

The Ursaring librarian nodded cheerily at the Scolipede; any interest in history was good interest in history, after all. She motioned him and his friends over,

"I'd be honored to show you them! In fact, I could lend you a copy of them if the captain's in - he's our resident genius. I'll run down there right now!"

The librarian hastily rushed down the street, leaving no room to turn down the offer. (It would be a cold day in the Magmaworld that she let someone get away from library material.)

Her Poliwhirl friend seemed a bit surprised by her enthusiasm, and waved to the small group,

"She hasn't been that excited in months! Whatever you did, you're welcome to join us here."

------------------

Anareise surveyed Requiem's progress with the eye of a moderately seasoned Move Tutor. The technique had been fantastic, if not a bit borrowed (but that would be changed in time to suit him, she figured), and his first eruption was about as powerful as she'd gauged it would be. His aim was terrible, but that was standard procedure; few Pokemon realize that you have to aim an explosion just as much as you have to aim a Razor Leaf. She smiled widely, even as a few rocks nearly hit the Hydreigon in the face.

"Fantastic job, Requiem! You got it on the first try!"

She hurried over to her student, filled with pride, though she had to feel a bit sad that she still couldn't do more for him. If he would just stay a while - a month or so - she could help him perfect it, and even watch him create his own method of using the attack after that if he truly liked it. If he would just stay... But he couldn't, and she couldn't ask him to.

"All you have to do is learn how to aim the eruption when you call it, and then you can work on the finer details. And that, I'm afraid, is all I can do for you..."

The Shuckle's smile faded slightly, if only for a moment, before she added brightly,

"You can stay and practice here for as long as you'd like, though. The doors are always open."

Edited by TalonCat

Atto blinked at the Sunflora. She'd been pretty helpful before, but now she was just stating the obvious. "Haldor, if you want to join us, we'd welcome you! The thing is, though...I really should go report to my boss. It's not far from here! I could go now and join you guys at the library once I'm done with that." A chance at an adventure was so close - it was all he could do to stop himself from forgetting all about his job and galloping off. "Seriously...I'm so late already. I'll be right back!" He bowed quickly to everyone present and sped off, skidding around the edge of the square and into the woods.

"Thank you everyone for your time." Leo said. He then turned to the rest of the team. "We'll set out for foggy forest tomorrow morning. It may be my home, but it's still a Mystery Dungeon, so we should spend the rest of today getting ready. As for me, I have to fill out some reports for the rescue team foundation to make you two official members of the team."

Leo said the last part to Red and Alteria specifically.

Leo turned to where Attio had been standing, only to see that the Scolipede had already run off.

"I was going to ask him if he could mail them for me," Leo sighed, then turned to Zagan "Oh well, I guess that his job comes first afterall, the joke only goes so far."