BronzeDragonell

What do you hear?

I'm not special.

I don't hear dead people or 'voices' and !@#$ like that.

All I hear right now, well..

The low hum of my computer's cooling system.

The click-clack beat of hitting my keyboard keys.

The tune I'm playing on low volume through my speakers.

And the wind, howling like there's no tomorrow, outside.

Reflecting on this, I am content.

At least for 11 PM with freezing weather outside.

Today I was walking down the street and there was 2 guys about 5 years older than me. *Just* as they walked by I heard one of them say "...my future wife..." blink.gif

I hear Random beeps, like there's a bomb under the bed, that kind of stuff. I also see things, like witch faces in windows so I think my mind is trying to scare me...

Certain sounds, when loud enough, don't cause a ringing in my ears but more of a...low-pitched, muffled thump sound. It's delayed. I used to have a parrot. Every time he did a certain squawk, I'd hear that sound less than a second later. Maybe half a second.

I used to hear my name being called once in a while. Haven't had that in years, now that I think about it.

If it's quiet enough, I can "hear" my heartbeat. When I was a kid, I would imagine it's a line of these little mask-wearing humanoid things marching down a spiral staircase kind of thing in my head. Yeah, I have no idea why that's a thing.

Once in a while, I get a random high-pitched ringing that lasts only a few seconds and fades out slower than it fades in. Usually only in one ear.

Also, I'm a professional eavesdropper.

I usually am listening to music or something like that, so it's actually unusual that I'm not at the moment.

Right now in my quiet apartment, all I can hear is my computer's fans running really quietly. It's actually very near silence - my fridge is not currently noisy, I don't hear the heater running (which is never loud anyway), and I don't hear any cars at the moment as it's about midnight and not as busy.

While my apartment building is always very quiet (my parents commented when visiting just the other day that they never hear anyone else when they're here), usually it's louder outside - I live about half a mile (as the crow flies) from the hospital, police station, and railroad tracks.

Edited by Dawnwing

I hear my brother playing video games in the background. He is driving a tank around in the desert. I hear myself typing. I heard the low hum of my laptop. And there is some sort of distant buzzing that I can't identify.

I heard some creepy sounds last night as I was leaving work and I for the last 3 night the same green car followed me again...

Today, our principal asked all the students to say repeat our school cheer 3 times. He made it sound like our school cheer was 'Go RedHawks, go fish stumps' or something like that. Everyone in the class just started laughing.

Fun topic choice! I actually have a few noises that deserve to be talked about... I'm sorry if I go on too much here. I love these kinds of topics.

Sometimes, when I'm outside, I hear this strange sound that seems to almost sound like some kind of machine in the distance, kind of like a humming at a medium-low tone. (Lower in tone than right in between. Not high-pitched at all, somewhat low, but not enough that I would call it a low tone.) It seems to be so loud that it fills the entire area, to where it seems as if anyone right by the source of it would be at risk of going deaf. It is almost always accompanied by a similarly loud buzzing kind of noise which sounds a little like bees. I have yet to figure out what it could be. We have a lot of working train tracks nearby, but it sounds nothing like a train, that I know of. (If this sounds like anything known to anyone, let me know? I've wondered about this for a while now.) I also tend to get the occasional... Whirling? sound coming from the sky, it's unusual the way it moves around the sky, but it could possibly be some kind of plane, I have heard a random sonic boom before. I mentioned trains, which brings me to an interesting story. Once I heard a train that literally startled me. Could not hear it coming, just heard the sudden blast of train's horn so loud that it sounded as if it was coming straight for me. The tracks are close, but not that close. Later that night, I discovered there had been a three train wreck along a stretch of track very nearby. ... If nothing else, what a coincidence, huh?

(I'm not gonna go into theories here because my post is already way long. but this topic is about mysterious/random sounds, right? and these are just the facts of what I've heard.)

I also hear songs that I'm really into at the time playing in my head quite often. But I like it, sometimes I call it my "Mind Radio". tongue.gif Like right now, I hear Sticks and Stones by Jonsi.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

Ugh, I hate the random high pitch ringing sounds when they come. Everything else seems muted when my ears are ringing and it's hard to focus until it dies down.

Sometimes I hear random noises in the house and then misinterpret them as evil spirits coming to get me. rolleyes.gif

I can (almost)always hear people breathing. It makes me really angry sometimes >_<

Ice hitting the windows and whistling of wind since there are no leaves to muffle that...

It's scary without any lights....

Not so much hear, as smell. I have to keep the windows closed, even tho it gets stuffy. The people upstairs sure do like their ganja. dry.gif

I hallucinate quite often, and the most bizarre thing I've heard is someone saying "Let's put money inside fish!" very enthusiastically, and I still have no idea why I heard it.

I hear a lot of bumps and bangs during the night, but it's always my two cats. They're always up to no good. tongue.gif

I hear my dad getting something out of the fridge, and the dog walking around. (Probably begging for whatevers coming out of the fridge.) laugh.gif

I've heard some weird sounds. Once I even heard the TARDIS materializing and sat there listening before I realized that it was my Dad watching Doctor Who downstairs.

I hear a lot of bumps and bangs during the night, but it's always my two cats. They're always up to no good. tongue.gif

That's pretty much my two cats in a nutshell. They sleep during the day and party (play) all night. And you can definitely hear a 13 pound cat every time he jumps down from the table or the counter.

Aside from my kitties, I also have a condition where my ears ring in silence. I don't know what causes it, but it's the reason why I have to sleep with my TV on or I can't get any rest.