georgexu94

Nocturne dragons

Do u think this is a good idea?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being on cave time means that hardly ever get to see my zombies or get on in time for new releases. Halloween I waited up for, and just barely made it. The last new release I had a hard time with because I was asleep when it started. I didn't get one till 7-8 hours later, and by that time things were getting hard to catch. So people on cave time don't really have an advantage as I see it.

Yes, people on cave time have it hard, I live less than 12 hours ahead, which means that CT is my late afternoon

I don't think it's really worth arguing which people in what time have it more difficult...

If you want to benefit most, making a small change to your schedule for even one day of the month (the 31st if you want to see zombies so badly) isn't that horrible.

I'm on cave time, but I naturally stay up most of the night anyway. Yeah, it's not the best to go to sleep at 1-2am (or 5am on "Halloween"), but it's my choice and what I have to do if I really want to be there for a drop/zombie - so it will be done...

Even if you're 12 and have a bedtime (I don't remember the minimum age for joining the forum), simply go to sleep earlier so you can wake up at the more opportune time... and then just go back to sleep or something...

And if you really want to see that special sprite/lineage that depends on time, screenshot it on that one day you change your schedule so you can see it again at any time...

Edit: Missed a parenthesis ..

Edited by DeathCry

I don't think it's really worth arguing which people in what time have it more difficult...

If you want to benefit most, making a small change to your schedule for even one day of the month (the 31st if you want to see zombies so badly) isn't that horrible.

I was not arguing about 'who has it hardest'. I was just saying that people on cave time do not have it as easy as people seem to think. And it is not always possible to 'make a small change'. I am disabled, I take medication. One of the side effects is sleepiness. I have to take my meds at a certain time, no choice. I have fallen asleep sitting up at the computer before. Therefore I don't get to see my zombies often. Even with that I wouldn't like to be able to set my own time. It would benefit me to put a different time zone, but don't think it would be a good idea. I deal with it, I just wished the zombies came out when it got dark, instead of midnight. If I miss drops that is my problem, I try my hardest to get what I want.

Edited by annageckos

That is actually the point. People who live in EST don't get to see their zombies because the way they are set up, how is it fair that others get to regularly see theirs during the day based solely on where they live? Personally, though, my preferred method would be to change the zombie mechanism to make them show up earlier and for longer each day rather than any other method.

And I thought that the point of this suggestion was that the cave events like nocturnes, zombies, etc, would be on YOUR time, meaning that EVERYONE would have zombies as if they lived in EST?

That argumentation might win votes, but I'd probably end up using a different, more convenient time, too. Like keeping things on EST despite it being 6 hours behind my time. :shrugs: Or I'd even change the timer occasionally, if I wanted specific sun/glory eggs and the current times for those were inconvenient to me.

Grr... They closed the poll already- and asked me to just click 'attach poll' which I can't see. Anyway, I'm foolish to make a topic instead of a poll in the first place. *sigh* Anyway, I see that many people are already satisfied with the current way so... I'll just leave it as is, and put this topic to oblivion. *waves wand* ObliviatE!

Edited by georgexu94

*headdesk*

user posted image

I described exactly where to find it. So you obviously can't follow simple instructions........

Edited by Pokemonfan13

*headdesk*

user posted image

I described exactly where to find it. So you obviously can't follow simple instructions........

Ah... it's above. Erm, I look at the bottom. U just said where I can see the Add Reply thingy. Sorry... *facepalm*

Well YES. But could we have a poll in THIS thread, please ? I voted under the wire before Pokemonfan did her thing, and I feel HURT that my my vote now COUNTS FOR NOTHING and all that tongue.gif

NOT ! xd.png

Pretty please with whipped cream with a cherry on top on top? tongue.gif

Wait, what are you guys asking for? Didn't u see that the poll do count still as now we know that many voted that they are already satisfied with the current settings.

Edited: There! I already attached a poll. smile.gif

Edited by georgexu94

Main issue I have with this is that it will make it more difficult to judge when to breed the different glories and when to hatch the two suns. Nocturn as it is right now helps use who live outside of EST to know when to breed for Night Glories and to hatch Sunsets when the sprite is blue. And when its tan its time for Day Glories and Sunrise.

Wait, what are you guys asking for? Didn't u see that the poll do count still as now we know that many voted that they are already satisfied with the current settings.

Edited: There! I already attached a poll. smile.gif

Thank you.

And Dolphinsong is right - you couldn't have the time settings different for the other things that depend on cave time - it would be very hard to code and also make it possible to cheat. And we could not be LOCKED to the time we signed up with - I live in the UK and in Canada, for instance - it would be a nightmare to keep track of what time I was on; I always change my forum settings to be local time, but the cave works fine in both places - because I know the time is constant.

Also about the nocturnes being useful as timers !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thank you.

And Dolphinsong is right - you couldn't have the time settings different for the other things that depend on cave time - it would be very hard to code and also make it possible to cheat. And we could not be LOCKED to the time we signed up with - I live in the UK and in Canada, for instance - it would be a nightmare to keep track of what time I was on; I always change my forum settings to be local time, but the cave works fine in both places - because I know the time is constant.

Also about the nocturnes being useful as timers !

*hugs fuzz* I agree with u! Thanks for sharing ur thoughts biggrin.gif