TJ09

2012-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

To anyone who says they incubate their eggs and thinks they will not get sick...sorry, that is not true. The first 12 hrs at least are very dangerous, incubated or not. 12 hours is still 12 hours and it is still a new egg.

I caught some nice codes:

user posted image

Oh, how does one make the codes show up on the scroll like in this picture? For me the codes only show up when the dragons hatched. Until then it's blank/hidden, and I hate that because I always have to click on every single egg to see if I want to keep the code or not.

Because the eggs were easy to catch this year I tried to get some nice codes by releasing a few eggs after five hours and grabbing new ones, but unfortunately there was not one even remotely interesting code among them this time. xd.png

I have bred a pumpkin egg with the code ucci8 though, I really like that one. smile.gif

After reaching 12 hours past drop time and incubating them, I put my eggs in Daily Dragon Fix. It's a site mainly for clicks, but it doesn't seem to get too much traffic that is dangerous for a new egg.

I was also online all day (avoiding all homework that I should be doing) to monitor them getting sick or not laugh.gif

I can't wait to see the adults biggrin.gif Less than 12 hours left, right?

My eggs rarely get sick, and I have never had a sick hatchling. I usually add my eggs to EATW as soon as I get them, and I just leave it like that. I even raised a GoN without it getting sick once, but I added it to a few fansites because it needs more views than normal. I'm guessing the rarer eggs are, the more chance there is that they will get sick. I wish all you other halloween grabbers luck with your own eggs, and sorry to any who lost them! wink.gif

My eggs rarely get sick, and I have never had a sick hatchling. I usually add my eggs to EATW as soon as I get them, and I just leave it like that. I even raised a GoN without it getting sick once, but I added it to a few fansites because it needs more views than normal. I'm guessing the rarer eggs are, the more chance there is that they will get sick. I wish all you other halloween grabbers luck with your own eggs, and sorry to any who lost them! wink.gif

ninja.gif

I think you've been extremely lucky.

I've been looking at EATW and I've seen a lot of sick eggs and dead eggs already. Be sure to monitor your eggs, just in case ~

ninja.gif

I think you've been extremely lucky.

I've been looking at EATW and I've seen a lot of sick eggs and dead eggs already. Be sure to monitor your eggs, just in case ~

Really?? I had no idea EATW was that intense...I always use it... Is EATW the cause of all these deaths? and how?

Anyone else noticing the codes on TJ's hatchlings?

"Delay", "Hurcn", and "Sandy."

Was expecting something very different xd.png

Edited by digipup

Personally, I wait until they are ER to put my eggs in any click site if they're holidays, and leave them fogged until then.

I know it means a "longer wait" but then again I can see the adults here sooner than I can grow my own anyways.

And it's assured I've never, ever lost a holiday. It's about the only way to assure your eggs and hatchlings not getting sick in my opinion.

Really?? I had no idea EATW was that intense...I always use it... Is EATW the cause of all these deaths? and how?

I've been using EATW along with both Silvi's and AoND and all of mine have been fine so far. Been watching them carefully, but they've been growing in stats about the same as usual eggs, maybe slightly more, but nothing enough to make them get sick yet, and I've been watching them closely.

Given that I'm on three and they've been fine, I'd say either there's something else out there they're tossing them on as well that's killing them, or there's some malicious action going on. D:

Monitor your eggs as in checking with them every 1/2 or so (or less) just to be sure that your number do not randomly jump. If they do, be sure to fog them.

One way that people get views for dragons on EATW is by posting the codes that the site supplies - after submitting your dragons - to forums/other places that get alot.png of viewers. The other is, of course, by clicking the Give Views link on the EATW site itself.

After clicking their Statistics link, it says "Wanna be on this list too? Just use the codes you got after adding your scroll and spread them as far as you are allowed to do" at the bottom, so a lot of views are going to add up.

You never know when your views might jump to 1000 in an hour. It does happen.

ETA: It may not be the sole reason behind egg deaths, but it is a factor when eggs are very young.

1000 views in an hour might be an understatement ...

Edited by DeathCry

I influenced all my eggs and saw that one of my eggs has tj in it`s Code. xd.png

I use Silvi's Lair and Valley Sherwood for my eggs... And even tho I added them merely six hours later after I caught them, they have yet to get sick.

Not sure if I am very lucky or I choose click sites with low traffic O.o

Since this was an easy grab, I focused entirely on getting nice/interesting codes. I managed to get.. "uourM, Anuqu, BgBlu, UZiZo, CudTX, and cat76".

I plan to keep mine hidden until they can be ER'd. I want to see how the adults look and have time to decide if I want to keep all six, or try to trade two of them rather than having them growing up as soon as possible. I always make the mistake of putting eggs I intend to trade on click sites and then having to hurry to avoid them growing before I can find trades for them x3;

Added my eggs to the hatcheries this morning, incubated them and they should hatch in 11 hours. They have no cracks yet whatsoever, but I'm confident they will hatch in time. biggrin.gif They always do, thanks to EATW insta-ER system.

They are incubated and influenced... Now let's see where I can find an extra egg/hatchling to complete my CB of eight... Still need a male. ^^;

Is still possible to catch any eggs? :C

I had to work yesterday all day and didnt cach anything :S

They're not dropping anymore, but I believe there are some gifting threads for those who missed the event. o3o

I use EATW all the time along with a few others. I put all my eggs in them after 24 hours and the only problems I've ever had are the ones I've caused myself with experimenting in the past.

Sickness is a rarity on my scroll and I've never had an egg die.

Personally, I wait until they are ER to put my eggs in any click site if they're holidays, and leave them fogged until then.

I know it means a "longer wait" but then again I can see the adults here sooner than I can grow my own anyways.

And it's assured I've never, ever lost a holiday. It's about the only way to assure your eggs and hatchlings not getting sick in my opinion.

This is exactly why none of my eggs have ever died of sickness. That doesn't only include holidays... I'm just overly careful with my eggs.