stogucheme

DC Gold

Should a currency economy be added to DC? Please choose the option that BEST fits your opinion. If you null your voice isn't being heard.  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How would other people's ability to use gold to give their dragons silly costumes change anyone's play style? xd.png;;

Well they'd have to be worried about clicking, playing continuously to get the gold, they would have to change how many dragons they raise if you make it where if they raise a dragon to adulthood. Many ways to change a persons style.

Well they'd have to be worried about clicking, playing continuously to get the gold, they would have to change how many dragons they raise if you make it where if they raise a dragon to adulthood. Many ways to change a persons style.

I don't know how other people would envision it, but I was picturing getting gold simply through giving views and raising dragons. If someone doesn't want to collect a whole ton of dragons, they can just rely mostly on the first one, which doesn't really require a play style change. Anyone who goes to add their eggs to the average fansite already gives probably a hundred plus views just by loading the page to do so. Everyone would be able to get enough gold to buy the goofy stuff in time--and if people REALLY wanted it, then taking an extra few minutes a day to refresh on a fansite is hardly a crippling thing to ask. smile.gif

Personally, I'm against it 100% no matter what. It would make it less bothersome if it was used for trivial things, but I'd still rather not see it in the game at all.

There was a thread made about using gold for trivial things [in this case costumes] but people couldn't detach it from this thread in their minds so the discussion didn't go well.

I personally think it's about time this one was closed. If a different suggestion involving gold is to be made later [ideally about a month after this is closed so it is truly detached] that's up to you guys.

I think the OP here has abandoned it, judging by the fact that they haven't posted at all here recently. They also had a very specific and complex vision that I don't think is going to be changed, so even if this thread tried to go in a new direction I don't think the first post would reflect that.

I don't know how other people would envision it, but I was picturing getting gold simply through giving views and raising dragons. If someone doesn't want to collect a whole ton of dragons, they can just rely mostly on the first one, which doesn't really require a play style change. Anyone who goes to add their eggs to the average fansite already gives probably a hundred plus views just by loading the page to do so. Everyone would be able to get enough gold to buy the goofy stuff in time--and if people REALLY wanted it, then taking an extra few minutes a day to refresh on a fansite is hardly a crippling thing to ask. smile.gif

How would "giving views" be calculated, though? If I go to my bookmarks and click on a fansite, DragonCave has no idea that Marie19 is giving a certain number of views through that fansite. There's really no way to calculate that, unless every single fansite made it so that you'd have to log in with your DC id. Which... isn't going to happen. It sounds like you mean "clicks", by the way you say "loading the page"... I'm not loading any specific DC page when I go to a fansite and view 100 dragons at once. At least, not to my knowledge.

Edited by Marie19R

How would "giving views" be calculated, though? If I go to my bookmarks and click on a fansite, DragonCave has no idea that Marie19 is giving a certain number of views through that fansite. There's really no way to calculate that, unless every single fansite made it so that you'd have to log in with your DC id. Which... isn't going to happen. It sounds like you mean "clicks", by the way you say "loading the page"... I'm not loading any specific DC page when I go to a fansite and view 100 dragons at once. At least, not to my knowledge.

As long as you're logged into Dragon Cave, the site will know it's you, even if you're just loading images from it. Cookies with your login information are sent to the site each time something from the matching domain is loaded, and images are no exception.

..... Am I the only one who thinks that's a little creepy? (okay, so I know squat about internet inner-workings. Oops.)

..... Am I the only one who thinks that's a little creepy? (okay, so I know squat about internet inner-workings. Oops.)

No, you aren't.

*shivers*

I wouldn't be bothered by having virtual money in the game as long as it doesn't become a premium feature like NeoCash, and as long as clicking other people's dragons isn't the only way to get it.

But did you mean it ? If so - please say why - it's only fair !

I don't have a reason.

Just what was already stated in my post.

Sure, and what's the point of doing so?

There wasn't a point

I wouldn't be bothered by having virtual money in the game as long as it doesn't become a premium feature like NeoCash, and as long as clicking other people's dragons isn't the only way to get it.

Do you have any ideas as to what other ways users could get the gold? The only other suggestion I've seen is "raising caveblockers" or "raising lots of dragons", which would ruin many people's playstyles, so... any ideas?

Do you have any ideas as to what other ways users could get the gold? The only other suggestion I've seen is "raising caveblockers" or "raising lots of dragons", which would ruin many people's playstyles, so... any ideas?

Just by viewing dragons in conjunctions with raising them, I imagine. As long as there was more than one option, no one'd be totally stranded. Plus, if money was given out for hatching eggs as well as for raising to adulthood, then people with limited play styles who don't collect many dragons anyway could just raise and release hatchies if they were that eager for extra gold.

If you really want currency to be desirable, you'd have to make it desirable. If everybody can get it, it will be worthless, and nobody will trade for it. Second - there must be something that can only be bought with currency. I don't see why anybody should accept currency for a trade when they can trade for the egg they want in the first place

So, either make it 1) very hard to acquire and 2) worthwile to acquire, or 3) don't introduce currency.

My choice would be 3), ever and always.

Edited by Rally Vincent

You know, with the result of the poll, I feel like discussing DC and gold any further is like beating a dead horse. sad.gif

You know, with the result of the poll, I feel like discussing DC and gold any further is like beating a dead horse. sad.gif

This is one reason why I have not said much, or rather, said anything at all regarding this suggestion. I did however voted and it was a resounding no.

When you enter Dragon Cave, you already see the dragons sleeping on piles of gold. Ever since the game started, we have always neglected the gold and focused on stealing eggs. We then raise the eggs into maturity.

Now lets say gold is introduced into the game. So, can we also steal gold from the cave now? That would be the logical step.

With that said though, my point is, introducing currency into the game is going to change this game, whether one would like to admit it or otherwise. I like the way it is right now and I have yet to see a good suggestion on how currency can be implemented but yet still protect the integrity of this game.

Just by viewing dragons in conjunctions with raising them, I imagine. As long as there was more than one option, no one'd be totally stranded. Plus, if money was given out for hatching eggs as well as for raising to adulthood, then people with limited play styles who don't collect many dragons anyway could just raise and release hatchies if they were that eager for extra gold.

There is absolutely NO reason to give currency for raising to adulthood. It would pressure people who don't want extra dragons on their scroll to raise and release which messes up ratios.

Hatchlings are also extremely popular, so much so that even blockers can be used to trade for rare eggs. Why should someone who TRADES for hatchlings ALSO get a currency reward? Or even worse someone who grabs an abandoned hatchling from the AP get a free hatching AND currency?

If the currency is only giving for hatching eggs it is more fair, since people who don't want extra adults can give up a few egg slots for the purpose of getting currency and abandon them as soon as they hatch.

[and this is my whole needing to improve a concept as much as possible, even if I think it should be closed immediately thing...]