DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

With a roar Draken lashed himself onto Belphegor back while the beast continues to create havoc. The king’s claws bore into his wings and shoulders causing several deep scratches barely missing Skavrael. His jaws sank onto Belphegor’s neck, shaking as if he was toying with a rag doll in the air. Elena then used her magic over the winds helping Draken to take control of the fight and flight. With a crash the king had forced Belphegor into a mountain side causing a small rock slide to fall onto them. The king roared in anger and pushed himself away from Skavrael and Blephegor, escaping the rest of the rock slide.

The pygmies stopped in their tracks when they heard the kings roar and watched the scene before them. Their fear had subsided relieved to know they have the king on their side protecting them.

((Its not really what I wanted to do but that is good as its going to get in my current condition))

Skavrael turned his head as he heard the all too familiar roar of the Dragon King. There was little time for Belphegor to react as the King latched itself onto him, before sending them crashing into the mountainside. As dust and debris began to rain over them from the rock slide, Skavrael shot off several fireballs, non of them coming close to hitting the king. They continued skyward.

After a couple minutes, the earth which had buried the pair began to rumble as two skeletal wings burst forth from the ground, before the rest of Belphegor appeared

"It's been a while... my former king.." hissed Skavrael, as he brushed the debris off his armor. Belphegor likewise shaking his skeletal frame after the impact. The wounds inflicted upon him by the king were painless, his lack of flesh and therefore nerves making him immune to the natural sensation of touch.

Reaching behind his back, Skavrael unsheathed his sword, holding it by his side, his right arm outstretched, a blue glow emanating from the gaps between his gauntlets. He released several balls of his icy fire, several of them heading towards the king, whilst others were shot off in seemingly random directions skyward.

"They will be" said Narcissa simply, staring after the black dragon. Sje didn't know how to explain it, but she just knew that Bryagh would return. He had said he would after all.

~~~

Bryagh re-joined the other dragons and opened his wings slightly in preperation for flight.

"Well? Are we going or are we shall we continue with this mother's meeting?" he asked sarcastically. "Lead the way Lebon."

Draken looked down at their enemy and roared once again. He didn’t move from his position as the blue fire balls come soaring towards him. The king narrowed his eyes at the approaching attack but before it could touch him the balls of fire disappeared in a puff of white smoke.

At that time Elena stood on top of the kings head between his great horns with her arm stretched out and her hand in a fist. Even thou Skavrael’s attack was different from others it still had the element of fire and ice, both which she can control.

“Go back where you came from Skavrael.” Elena called out.

~~

Armador stretched his wings and jumped into the air. Lebon was very pleased and started flying toward the demons came from. They passed over the Lake Kriel and followed the river north to it. Sounds of roaring and blasts could be heard as they drew close to the battle scene.

Skavrael watched as the flames he had just released were extinguished, the act not even fazing him. He had expected as much, seeing as how he was once a rider that served the Dragon king. This second attack had merely been a decoy to distract the king and they served their purpose well. Even if he tried to avoid what was coming, it would be too late.

The flames that Skavrael had fired moments before being buried under the rubble which went skyward began to loop as they reached their maximum altitude. They began to descend downwards at an ever increasing speed towards the unsuspecting king. The king had failed to extinguish these flames, only focusing on the ones that were aimed at him directly.

Skavrael smirked, as the fireballs the king had failed to extinguish hit the kings back in a barrage of ice cold fire attacks.

Not relenting on the assault, Belphegor took to the skies, charging towards the dragon king with its maw open wide.

Draken growled when a sudden cold strike hit his back. Even thou it was fire it was cold and just as any other reptile coldness slowed them down. Elena quickly used her power to kill off the blue flames and tried to reheat his body. Slightly curled in a form Draken found it hard move fast enough to escape Belphegor charging attack. Both of them fell to the ground landing with a great thud. Luckily for them they weren’t too high otherwise Draken might have broken his wing.

Elena was clinging on for dear life while she still warmed up her dragon. She will pay attention to the enemy later first Draken needs to be set free from the cold. As Draken slowly got his movement back his magic also grew stronger. With it a piece of the mountain broke loose and knocked Belphegor on the side and off the king, giving him chance to get back to his feet.

Belphegor fell to the side after being hit by the piece of mountain, whilst on the ground it snarled at the king. Skavrael was nowhere to be seen.

Before the mountain had hit Belphegor, Skavrael had released flames behind him, thus propelling him self off his position on Belphegor. Landing behind the king, he dug his sword into the tail of Draken, blood spluttering out from where his blade dug in. He was not done yet as he channeled his flames through the sword and into the wound he had inflicted.

As the pygmies watched the spectacle with the king Branwyn took this opportunity to pounce. She pulled out the empty sacs each one large enough to fit about five pygmies. I think five of each should be plenty, he was pretty non-specific. Besides if they're alive that's even better since they can be milked. "Stay quiet." Branwyn whispered to the griffon before she spurred Hera on to the nearest earth pygmie with the first of four sacs open. The minion dropped the illusion disguising Hera at the lat second no longer needing it to be active now that she was acting but kept the fake flames up. There was no point in encouraging them to scatter. Quick and quite. Branwyn thought to herself, she didn't have a specific order in mind as long as she caught five of each they could be sorted later. Right now catching them was the important detail.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Nepula soared into the air, following the dragon. Gently flying over the lake and the river, she wanted to keep her energy for the upcoming fight, but still fly quickly enough that she will make it in time.

"so, can you tell us the situation" Amacules asked lebon, as she started to hear the blasts of fire and the clashing of fangs.

"and is the king there" Nepula added. Why else would the king just go off during class session?

Alsia leaped into the air with Orion on her back and followed Armador to the battle. Orion was unusally silent and a chill ran down his spine. "Orion I can read your thoughts, something's wrong, what is it?" He nervously told her what was wrong. "A week ago I was worried about passing my driver's test, now I'm holding a sword and riding a being I didn't know could exist on the way to battle demons, also I can turn into a dragon as well and create storms as well as fire, ice, and lightning. I'm still half expecting to wake up, late for school again." Alsia laughed a little. "Now that you say it out loud that seems crazy even for me. I've seen inside your heart and mind, you are brave, smart, strong and a born leader. I know you aren't experienced but you will do well, and I'll always have your back." "Thanks Alsia, I'll always have yours too." Alsia continued flying towards the battle, a little nervous herself too.

“No the king is now where to be seen. I doubt they would leave if they knew about this.” Lebon spoke in worry. Their hope was the few warriors they had and these untrained riders.

“The demons.” He spoke slightly out of breath from trying to fly fast enough. “They’re not normal from the other water kind of demons. They are much bigger and stronger. It’s a new breed.” This time the fear in his voice could be clearly heard.

"A new demon? Can that even happen?" Armador asked surprised by this information.

"I wouldn't put it past the dar...." Lebon’s words were cut of by a flash of purple lightning that pierced through his chest like a spear. “Pro-tect the... island.” he spoke as the yellow glow in his eyes slowly dimmed while he fell to his death.

“Lebon!” Armador called wanting to save him but had to fend for himself seeing that more and more of the purple lightning bolts zapped through the sky. He narrowed his eyes trying to see what was creating them. Purple glowing demons, no larger than a rhino, came out of the waters or the sea. As quick as the dragon could count there were more than thirty or them.

~~~~

Draken roared again as he felt a pain piercing through his tail. The coldness moving up his body. Elena drew her attention to where he looked and saw Skavrael stabbing Draken’s tail. Pulling out a dagger she threw it towards the enemy piercing through his armor and into his thigh. Draken in turn lifted his tail and swung it towards Belphegor using it as a whip and knocking him over. With the force that he used it caused Skavrael’s sword to slide out which gave Elena a chance. The young rider quickly used her magic over the earth creating several flying boulders. She then aimed them direct at Skavrael and knocked him off the king’s tail.

((Drow I hope that is ok?

Also ignore the size of the creature compare to the human in the picture))

Skavrael held his sword with one hand, and with the other pulled the dagger from out of his thigh. Dropping it, he placed the same hand over and expelled his blue flames, their ice like properties numbing the pain, while its heat like properties burnt the flesh, sealing the wound. A temporary fix.

As Belphegor was knocked over, he too swung his tail, following the momentum, striking the kings leg. Afterwards, raising his head, he turned to face the king, his jaw broken and hanging loosely on one side.

"lebon!" Amacules yelled as he plummeted, and as Nepula dodged an incoming bolt.

"he was a great dragon" Nepula mumbled, then focused again on the ocean, where the new demons were being created. "now this is something new."

"no time to admire these new creatures Nepula," Amacules reminded her, snapping out of her admiration and barrel rolling to the side to dodge an incoming bolt, which grazed her wing. There is so many of of them, how are we going to defeat them all in record time? The rider thought, This will be for lebon and all the other deceased dragons.

Draken slightly stumbled to the side as Belphegor returned an attack. The king merely glared at him as he repositioned himself before the enemy.

“I said leave Skavrael.” Elena spoke standing beside Draken and staring at the two in front of them. “I will kill you.” Her words sounded bitter, more so than her previous warning. Although she didn’t like to kill she would if they continued their currant battle.

Slowly boulders rose to the sky surrounding Skavrael and Belphegor, playing part in Elena’s way of forcing them to leave.

~~~

“We... We need to find their weakness.” Armador spoke as he kept dodging the purple lightning bolts. “They are skeletal which means some part of their body is weak.”

((Yeah I saw... I was giving them to a chance to get all the necessary pygmies before turning Elena's attention to them. I do need the bad guys to be successful smile.gif ))

((Ok cool happy.gif I just thought you might want tohave the Pygmies react to Branwyn's sudden "change of heart."))

Branwyn's surprise attack was enough to get her one bag full without trouble although now that she was openly picking them off she doubted they would remain clueless to the threat she presented. Sealing up the first of the four bags she harnessed it to the saddle before going after the others with the second bag. "Just going to keep you safe and secure." She said in a hushed voice as she dove to her next target.

"Kill me..?" replied Skavrael. "I died long ago... killing me now would serve you no purpose" A crack broke the conversation, before a roar echoed through the sky. Belphegor's broken Jaw had reattached itself, a benefit of the dark kings power.

"So.. king.." he hissed. "Shall we continue?"

(His death is methaphorical, he isn't a zombie. Just 'the old him died' before he became a follower of the bad guy)

The skies started to darken once again as Elena summoned a storm. It might do damage to the island but protecting the weaker dragons was part of their duty. At that moment she looked to were the gathered cheering on the king with their little roars. It was only then when she noticed a figure in the back picking up the pygmies and placing them in a back.

“Draken take care.” She whispered to her dragon disappearing behind his wings. The king roared and the rocks that floated in the air started to descend on Skavrael and Belphegor once again.

As Elena stayed hidden on Draken’s back under his wings she used the storm causing a thunder bolt to straight behind Branwyn.

The bolt narrowly missed Branwyn and Hera. The Griffon screeched in surprise and wheeled away from the bolt causing Branwyn to miss the next pygmie. "Shoot, shoot." Branwyn cursed as her ears rang from being so close when the thunder followed. "Keep going Hera!" She yelled snagging another pygmie as they corrected their flight path. Branwyn was weak in direct combat, she would need to rely on Skavrael for that, and it seemed he was having trouble himself. Hera dove at a clutch of pygmies her front talons outstretched.

Belphegor raised both wings to shield Skavrael from the assault of rocks, his wings acting as a sufficient enough cover. Underneath however, Skavrael had begun to formulate a counter attack. Hidden from view, his hands began to glow blue as he began to build up energy.

((Actually Orion I kinda have a problem with that about the weapons. Its not part of your power so they can’t really change with you.

On another note the demons are hard creatures to kill. Just by slicing them wouldn’t kill them... and another thing they are flightless beast so I don’t know how you could be falling from the sky and changing?))

Armdor looked as more and more of the creatures came out of the ocean. He wondered how long have they been waiting their and how could they have been missed. Clearly the Dark Riders power was growing stronger.

The blue dragon came to a stand still as he landed near the front line waiting for the creatures to approach. He watched carefully their movement, trying to look for a weak spot but at the current state there was noting he could see.

“Aim for their chests, try to distinguish the light within there.” Armador roared so that everyone could hear that was around. He had dealt with some skulled creatures in the past in the lands of ice. He remembered that most of them protected their life source within their chests and from what he can see this might be the same.

~~

Pygmies started to scatter when the lightning bolt struck. Chaos was once again surrounding them roaring and flapping their wings as they tried to escape.

Elena let loose another lighting bolt near Branwyn while she made her way off Draken, keeping her eye on the enemy. The king at that moment waited for his challenger to make his move. He himself started to gather magic causing the storm above them to become more violent than it started.

((When I mean violent I mean like winds are picking up, its starting to rain hard and so on))

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Another bolt struck and the storm was getting worse as winds kicked up. On top of that rain started to fall slowly but surely beginning to obscure her vision. The pygmies were scattered and chaotic again but it seemed more like they were fleeing in panic rather than an organized retreat. "Heh, for once I should thank the enemy." Branwyn muttered to herself although with her ears still ringing she couldn't actually hear herself. She abandoned the illusion of flames, it was time for her favorite trick although she wouldn't be able to use it to it's fullest extent. She conjured up an image of herself and Hera although it was just a visual illusion with the building storm it would soon be impossible to distinguish between real and fake and from a distance it was enough to fool just about anyone. With the fake splitting off Branwyn resumed rounding up pygmies after all even though she had one full bag her master had clearly stated a few as in more than one.

((Lol I just imagined her saying, "And now for my next trick"))

(Seeing as I'll more than likely goof up more if i post in this battle i think it would be best if i waited)

Bryagh spotted the demons rising from the ocean and snorted. What a nuisance. He could tell it was a distraction of some sort, but they couldn't let the demons passby freely. They'd do too much damage. They'd have to hope the king could handle their own problems.

Thankfully the dragons had one advantage over the demons, flight. Bryagh swooped down low towards a demon on the edge of the pack and gave it a full blast of his dark flames. He didn't expect it to have much effect, as the creature was already mostly bones, but that wasn't the point of the attack. He just wanted it's attention.

As he had hoped the demon that he attacked turned away from the others and began to follow after him. Bryagh led it away from the others and then began to attack for real.

He placed a tight barrier around the demon, effectively locking it into place. With the demon trapped and even unable to turn around Bryagh dropped down close, bared his sharp claws and got into position.

He lashed out as soon as he dropped the barrier, shoving his foreleg through the skeletal ribcage of the demon. He grabbed the glowing heart and yanked it straight out. The demon collasped and Bryagh took again to the safety of the skies.

One demon down, several dozen to go.

((This okay Spirit?))