DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

((Bryagh isn't going anywhere. He's on the ground waiting for Nepula to get on with things.))

((Elena: Monkey girl!! Why I… *knocks out with hammer*

Don’t mind her.))

Zach slid of Armador looking even more confused than ever. Here they wanted them to train for what ever and now those to fly off. How rude he thought to himself. He knew they had other responsibilities but leaving them with no word didn’t work with him so much.

“So what now? Seeing that they abandoned us like that.” Zach spoke. He wasn’t sounding nice but since he got here he has been always left in the dark. And he hated that.

~~~

On the island of Madagascar several of the small neorox pygmy dragons gathered on the top of one of the smaller mountains. They all heard the kings roar and was delighted to know more riders were being trained. It meant there would be more warriors to protect the weak. As the day continued each element brought different fruits and meats in order to celebrate and wish good luck to the new riders

((Before I make m y next post I want to make sure I understand, the other players [namely the good guys] are on the dragon's hidden island still is that correct?))

((Yes but Elena and Draken are on their way to the [bad guys]))

((Okies happy.gif Time to attack! *rawr*))

Branwyn was scanning the ground for her prey like an eagle searching the fields for a mouse. Sure enough she saw what it was they were sent to aquire, the pygmie dragons. On top of that she had a stroke of luck, they were all in one area. It was time to weave an illusion, nothing too great just a visual trick to get her close. Muttering an incantation a phantasmal dragon began to appear in place of Hera. She kept to a reasonably small breed figuring that the less imposing she seemed the less likely the pygmies would scatter. Once done Branwyn began her descent to the pygmies with her hood drawn up tight making it nearly impossible to discern her face. Let's try and take them alive for the master.

((Ok not really a *rawr* attack but hey that's how she rolls))

Edited by En'K'Haral

A few of the pygmy’s that were sitting in the tree tops waited for the festival to begin. One of them gave a little roar which echoed through the mountain area. They first froze waiting to see what the warning call was for. It wasn’t long when another roar echoed the area causing them to relax.

They figured, seeing that it was a dragon and a rider, that the pair would come and enjoy the festivities with them. It wasn’t uncommon after all for others to join.

((Pygmy’s aint the brightest or cautious))

A warning call went out from the pygmies. With a little help from Branwyn Hera answered with a roar of her own. Seeing as they didn't scatter or retaliate Branwyn decided to keep the illusion up. I'll need to thank my partner later for his little uproar. She thought adding to the illusion to make it look more solid. Branwyn didn't land but instead circled over head of the pygmies. "There has been an attack! I'm here to take you to safety! Please, follow me quickly!" She called down to the pygmies, her voice grave and urgent.

Belphegor began to descent towards the island, his fun and games in the air had come to an end; for now. As the remnants of the plane he had just destroyed reached the ocean surface, disappearing under the blue waves. As they neared the island, Skavrael raised his right palm, a blue glow emanated from the tips of his armor clad hand as several balls of blue fire rained down on the island.

As the fire clashed onto the island, the tree's surrounding the area the Pygmies were burst into flames, effectively leaving them one route out; fly above the tree's. Once they lacked the cover of the tree tops, it would be a simple task of rounding them up.

To cause further panic, Belphegor released a roar of his own.

The pygmies looked at each other confused. They didn’t see any danger that was until blue flames shot out of the sky, hitting the trees. The pygmies jumped out landing on the ground looking terrified at their now burning homes. There was complete havoc on the ground, several little dragons running about looking like trapped rats from above.

It was until one of the elder pygmies gave a roar noticing a path through the mountain trail that was still safe. In an instant the small little creatures started to storm towards the path that their elder pointed out.

~~

Novan’s good eye narrowed as he looked down at the water pit, watching the images of his minions doing their work. Pleased he waved his arm causing the image to disappear leaving it in a dark pool once again.

A smile crept on his face feeling confident that a part of this plan will work. Goruk was still sitting behind the stone thrown of his rider looking at him as he walked about. He knew the plans but the dragon was getting impatient of waiting, he wanted to kill.

"Shall we see what will happen?" The rider asked his dragon . Goruk revealed his teeth and saliva dripped out of his mouth growling in agreement. "Go." He spoke.

At that moment several dark figures crawled of the wall and left the room, on their way to pass on the message to the other demon creatures.

Errr...Skavrael you idiot, I had this. Still I think the situation could be salvaged. Branwyn thought scathingly. With the illusion still up Branwyn tried to regain the situation by flying with the Pygmies and cutting up to the front. "We need to fly quickly, so stay right behind me!" She shouted to the pygmies trying to plant herself as someone there to help. "Fly on your own for a bit." Branwyn muttered to Hera before she began concentrating a bit. Since she still wanted to maintain Hera's disguise while whipping up a new illusion she couldn't afford to focus on riding the griffon.

((Lolz fly pun old English is fun happy.gif))

((sorry, ignore that bit of the post then))

"gather around guys, we're moving on" Nepula called to the other riders, both rider and dragon ready to continue the class with the orders of the king, hand to hand combat.

Nepula thought she could hear something, but just told herself that it was just her imagination, although she felt a strange vibe as well. I guess this is what Elena and draken felt, and I'm sure they're taking care of whatever now She retold herself.

"are you alright?" Amacules asked.

"no, I'm fine" Nepula replied

“Nepula! Amacules!” a voice cried out in the distance. It was one of the watch dragons, Lebon, a smallish dragon not very capable to stand his own in a fight. He was covered in scars while fresh blood dripped out of them. His flight was made difficult due to his half torn wing and crash landed near the teacher.

“Where… where is the king?” the smaller dragon spoke as he tried to lift himself up.

When Amacules and her rider finally got their rears into gear to continue the class Bryagh rolled his eyes. Hand to hand combat? Not likely. Anyone could tell that Narcissa was too frail for such roughness. Why couldn't they focus on teaching them the things they needed to know?

Bryagh was just considering abandoning the class now that Draken had left when the watch dragon Lebon appeared. He was badly injured and made a right mess of his landing, showering those nearby with droplets of blood.

"You just missed him" said Bryagh dryly in response to Lebon's questioning.

“But… but…” Lebon’s eyes were wide from fear. He wasn’t sure what to do in this situation now, most of the forces were spread out to their areas to protect, while the other half was injured. This must be why the king himself is going.

“Then you must fight.” He spoke looking at the group. “Demons I’ve never seen before rose from the seas.”

Zach looked at the dragon that landed near by in confusion, he was injured and not sure why. He was clearly terrified about something and he almost seemed pale when he heard the king left.

“Wait, wait, what? Fight?” Zach snapped out of his own thoughts. “We barely had our first lesson.”

“That is your duty as rider. To fight and protect your home. If the demons take over and kill our kind then your kind will die as well.”

"To fight without training is folly" sneered Bryagh. "We dragons may be able to hold our own, but you can not expect the humans to engage in warfare. They are too weak and unprepared."

He turned his head so that he could see Narcissa over his shoulder. She hadn't moved since Lebon had landed and was waiting quietly to see what was going to happen. Bryagh sure as hell wasn't going to let her get killed when it had been so much effort to retrieve her.

Amacules and Nepula looked up as lebon flew up, obviously battle torn, Amacules was surprised hat he was still able to fly over to the training grounds with those injuries.

"as a rider, you need to learn to go with the flow, and expect the unexpected" Amacules explained, and drew out her blades. She called Nepula down from the pillar, and she did so willingly.

"and as rider and dragon, you need to protect each other. If the rider is on the verge of death, the dragon needs to pitch in and help, and vice versa" Nepula said, as she lowered her body so that Amacules can climb on. I haven't tasted blood in a long time She licked her lips from the thought of it. "lead us" she ordered the watch dragon

“I have to agree with Bryagh there.” Armador spoke as he stepped closer to his rider. “Let the riders stay for now. We will go. We know how to fight at least.”

Zach was looking really worried by the fact that they wanted them to battle. What does he or the others know anyway about fighting? Hopefully the others would agree to Armador’s idea even thou he wouldn’t like to leave his side but the island needs protecting.

Bryagh looked pointedly at Amacules. It wasn't often other dragons took his side, so when they did it showed he was in the right right. Well as far as Bryagh was concerned he was right all the time, but having another agree with him proved it.

"We should leave the humans somewhere safe" he said. "And then we will go into combat."

Belphegor began to move in the direction the pygmies were heading in. His tail swinging causally from side to side as it tore through the trees. To cause further fear and panic in the pygmies, Skavrael released another barrage of blue fireballs, this time aimed skywards. As they peaked, they began to fall downards at various angles causing it to appear like it was raining fire.

these orbs crashed at random points, causing several small forest fires to appear at isolated locations.

Orion was standing next to Alsia, both of whom near Amacules and the others, Alsia was in dragon form and Orion human. "I for one am up for a fight, I would rather fight than hide." Orion confidently told Amacules, while looking at Bryagh as well "You're still learning how to WALK on four legs and you have no training for either form." She told Orion telepathically "How so? Ever since I could speak complete sentences I've been familiar with a bow, and for dragon form I pick up on things quickly." "Ok, grab your gear, if you have to go you will go with what you're best at." In a few moments Orion returned with his gear, that being his light armor, his bow, sword, arrows, and knife. He left the throwing knives behind for the sake of taking more arrows. Orion mounted Alsia but she waited for Amacules's word before heading to fight.

"Suit yourself" said Bryagh to Orion. He couldn't care less if the other riders got killed, but he was not going to let any harm come to Narcissa.

He turned away from the other dragons and walked into the forest. He gently lifted Narcissa down and placed in the shade of a large tree.

"Stay here" he told her. "I will return for you. If anything tries to cause you harm, burn them."

Narcissa nodded and sat down, laying her bow across her legs and wrapping her arms around her knees. Bryagh brushed a lock of hair out of her face before walking back to the others.

((I just want to point out that Narcissa isn't some magical super warrior and therefore can't use a bow she has only had for a couple of hours and never even had the chance to fire.))

“Well hurry up. If you can fight come along.” Lebon pleaded to them as the little dragon was eager to show them where the danger was. He started to flap his wings with much effort ready to show them the way.

“Go with him.” Armador spoke nudging his rider slightly on the back towards were Bryagh was going. Zach looked a bit worried since this was the first time they were going to separate from each other. Not only that, but his dragon is going into battle with something called demons.

“Be careful.” He whispered following Bryagh. He didn’t talk to the black dragon but once he placed his rider down Zach sat under a tree nearby watching them preparing. “I wonder if they will be okay?” he asked out loud to Narcissa talking about Agares and Zen.

~~

Pygmies were pushing and flapping as hard as they could; trying to get out of the dangers way. They were completely lost by the attacks and followed foolishly their supposed helper.

((I’m just waiting on Drow to hear if its ok to power play his character a little bit…))

Branwyn led the pygmies on having woven her illusion. "Faster! We need to escape!" She yelled trying to wear the pygmies out. Another volley of flame descended upon the group and Branwyn laced in some illusionary fireballs matching to colour. The illusions landed on the ground ahead of the charging pygmies creating new flames to block their path. "No!" Branwyn had Hera come to a hard stop as blue flames rose before them. The fire, both real and illusionary surrounded the fleeing pygmies and Branwyn. Branwyn searched for new escapes feigning to look for a way out. In truth she was expanding the spell to every nook and cranny she could find. They needed to trap the pygmies collect the ones they needed and get out. "This isn't good." She murmured in a worried tone. You better catch up quick Skavrael. She thought her heart now racing as if she really was fleeing from him.