DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

Bryagh snorted again when a fire hound drew close to his rider, but as the creature could not pass through his barrier there was no cause for concern. Narcissa picked up the bug and stood up, holding the squirming insect up against the light for a better look.

Suddenly her hand became wreathed in black flames and the bug wriggled in pain as the darkness consumed it. Narcissa watched as its shell greyed and began to fall apart until the entire bug disintergrated between her fingers.

"Oh."

Zen flinched slightly as he heard Draken roar the command. This moment of hesitancy was enough to allow the wind hound to pounce towards Zen. Instinctively, Zen raised the sword to block, his reaction just quick enough block the outstretched claws of the hound.

Realising that he had been stopped, the hound began to bite wildly, trying to snag any bit of flesh it could. Zen placed his left hand on the side of the blade and pushed, parrying the hound away. Regaining his composure, zen clasped both hands around the hilt of the 1 and a half sword and prepared himself for the next attack.

Meanwhile, with one open eye. Agares watched from below.

((Orion not to burst any bubble but... what is it with the eyes changing?

Plus with the transforming thing can you slow down a bit... You said it yourself in you character sheet it takes them a lot of time and patience to master it.))

(sorry, tried to put in a little idea but i really rushed the post I was gonna be busy all day, will edit this afternoon)

((Its fine... I don't have a problem if someone wants to be a decedent or something and receive their battle skills or something.

Please just PM me first to find out if its ok or what ever plan anyone has... I'm still new to this hosting RP thing, so I would appreciate just a little heads up))

It seemed quiet and peaceful today...and empty. But there were two figures battling each other, dodging each others attacks as they ran through the thick forest, dodging trees and other things while trying to attack each other. Of course their attacks were harmless and did little damage to the two opponents.

"Give up yet, Aura?" Azura shouted as she chased her rider, sending a strong gust of wind at her.

Aura, who was running as fast as she could, barely dodged the gust of wind, making her stumble and almost causing her to trip. But she regained herself and continued running. She couldn't help but smile. "Never! You'll never take me alive!" she shouted, laughing as she did.

Thinking quickly, she hid behind a tree to her right and stood back out, holding her bow as she aimed a practice arrow at Azura. Once she had to aimed, she let the arrow fly, almost getting Azura in the leg as she jumped out of the way in time. Aura smirked as she started running again, only to trip and fall face first to the ground.

Azura slowed down to a walk until she stood right next to Aura, looking down at her. "Outdone by your own feet." she said, shaking her head as she chuckled. "You should be more careful."

Aura looked up at her dragon and glared while smiling. "Ha ha ha. Just wait until you trip over your feet. Then we'll see who's laughing." she said, standing up as she dusted herself off. "Well, I'm ready to head back. Let's go hunting for more sapphires and diamonds."

Azura smiled as Aura climbed onto her back, holding on as Azura took off running through the woods, flying off when there were less trees blocking her way. "Treasure hunting it is then." she said happily.

Narcissa stared for a few moments at the dusty remains the insect had left on her palm. She had not meant to kill it, it had just happened. Bryagh rose to his feet and approached her from behind.

"What happened?"

Narcissa looked up at him, her red eyes meeting his.

"It died."

The dragon shrugged.

"It was just an insect. It was of no consquence. You must learn the order of power. Show those stronger than yourself the respect they deserve, but do not fear to dispose of the weak."

"How do we stop those stronger than us from disposing us?"

"Purpose."

Bryagh looked around until he spotted Draken. He moved aside a little so that Narcissa had a clear view of the dragon king.

"Draken is the strongest out of all of us. He could slaughter us all with ease, but what is a king without his subjects? He must have something to reign over. He must have a kingdom to rule. In order to survive a Kingdom must be strong, and a kingdom is only as powerful and intelligent as its weakest and most foolish subject. I may not possess the power of the larger fragons, but I can out think many foes."

Narcissa stared up at Bryagh with a mixture of curiousity and awe. What exactly did he mean? Seeing that she couldn't quite understand Bryagh explained further.

"I am, by dragons standards as well, a monster. I can think terrible and cruel thoughts. Because I can do these things, I can see how our enemies may think. Such thoughts have their uses to those in power."

Even though they weren't trying, Branwyn and Hera did eventually catch up with Skavrael as they continued their flight to Madagascar. Branwyn's hood was drawn up around her head concealing her face she would need to finish the enchantment next time she was in the castle, that way there would be no chance of people identifying her while she wore the cloak. Not to mention the mystery it is would add to her personage. Hera let out a hungry screech. Looking down at her mount Branwyn saw that the griffen was eying the surface below them hungrily.

(sorry if the post seems messy, wasn't sure what I could do really.)

Alsia and Orion battled the strange hounds until they could scarcely see any, they had tried out many maneuvers and skills, Orion managed to shave a little time off his transformations and figured out something else they could both do. Not much of a new power, but something new they could do with it. Change specific parts of themselves without changing completely. Small things would take maybe a 30 seconds to a minute at the time, things like eyes or fingers, etc. Bigger things like legs or wings would take much longer, a couple minutes to do right, something that couldn't be done in a hurry either. Orion was still awkward while flying, constantly seeming as if he'd fall out of the sky at any moment. The important thing was they figured out more what their limits were as for speed and being able to move fast, at least until they were trained more. Orion managed to use his his other power to create a small fireball, but if fizzled out quicly, as did his ice and lightning versions. Alsia tried the same and managed to make a tiny fire tornado which both of them looked at in awe. It wasn't much but it was progress. Eventually the two of them settled down on the ground. Orion suggested that they wrestle as they landed. Orion transformed into his ice dragon form to show that he was serious. Alsia laughed upon noticing Orion's wobbly dragon legs, he still couldn't coordinate all four of them right. "Alright, but don't get mad when I win." Alsia grinned. The two began and Orion did surprisingly well for a few moments, his size caught Alsia off guard whom misjudged his weight, he might be slightly stronger than her but he had little idea how to use it at all. She evaded him and proceeded to knock him off his feet effortlessly. Orion toppled like a building as Alsia put her feet over his and laughed triumphantly, before helping him up. "Not bad, but I think I should help you learn to walk strait first." She said trying to hide a small laugh.

Draken was still gliding giving Zen the feeling of flight while the young rider defended him. One of the fire hounds charged Zen from a different angle while a wind hound was busy crawling up Draken’s tail. He off course knew about it but this was training so he acted as he didn’t know about it.

“Remember! When you are on your dragon it is also your job to make sure nothing attacks or injure him or her. They rely on you to have their backs anytime and anyplace when they are busy with something else. Thus with larger dragons you need to move about.” Elena shouted as she stood and watch from the raise earth pillar.

~~

Zach looked at Elena when she spoke and took in the information. He already understood that the bond between rider and dragon where one. In his thoughts Zach didn’t notice the fire hound approaching from behind which cause Amador to do a surprise dive.

“Zach it’s no time for day dreaming. These hounds might be weak but you need to know how to handle yourself when a demon attacks.” His dragon spoke trying not to sound annoyed. They young rider quickly recovered his posture and resume is defending state.

amacules continued weaving her fingers about in it's red aura, obviously bored. fire hounds continued popping up in different places, but the fun seemed to have died down a little.

"fun died?" nepula asked, comfortable on the stone pillar. she hasn't been doing much with the fire spells, but from time to time, she would help amacules with the spell casting.

"yup" amacules answered, "fun one moment and a tad boring the next."

"well it is still interesting to watch, we can study their tactics" nepula mentioned, watching the battling below

Zen was too preoccupied with fending off the first hound, that he had failed to realise the two approaching him. The one hound, which he was fending off with his sword was more then enough to warrant his full concentration, let alone give him the time to worry about anything else.

With both his hands firmly gripped around the hilt of the sword, he was in a battle of strength with the hound.

Agares watched from below, as the two hounds got closer and closer to Zen, the foolish boy oblivious to their presence. For reason's he couldn't fathom, the site of Zen being stalked by those hands was causing his blood to boil, his claws digging deeper into the earth beneath him.

Zen's body suddenly moved with renewed strength, his arms moving on their own as he twisted the blade around and stabbed the first hound, seconds later he was turning and swinging the blunt end of the sword around, its edge swinging straight through the air hounds intangible jaw and causing it to disperse within seconds. While all this was happening, all Zen could do was spectate from within himself no longer in control of his bodies action's as his hands and feet moved on their own. His white hair was gradually becoming blacker, the pupils in his eyes began to take shape of the slanted reptilian eyes of a dragon, and the black gauntlet on his left arm morphing into the shape of a clawed weapon. His back was in pain as he felt bone pierce the skin from within his body as the tips of dragon wings began to grow outwards. As these dragonic features appeared on Zen's body, they began to disappear from Agares, his wings slowly disintegrating into nothingness as they grew out of Zen's back.

Agares was in control of Zen's body, yet neither of them were aware of this. Agares caught up in his out of character bloodlust to protect Zen, an instinct all but natural to him.

The partially transformed figure of Zen began to walk over to the remaining fire hound, the blade, now held solely in his right hand dragged along the scaly spine of Draken. The figure, neither human nor dragon grew pale, the energy required to maintain this combined form quickly sapping it of strength, their shared vision blurring..Zen fell to his knee's... then there was darkness. As quickly as the changes to Zen's body appeared, they disappeared, returning him to his normal state, his unconscious body on the verge of rolling off Draken's side.

Meanwhile Agares too was rendered unconscious, his tongue drooping out the side of his mouth as his head rested on the earth. The pair of them unable to maintain and control the flow of magic required to keep their bodies fused.

Agares second ability was beginning to awaken..

After a few hours of unsuccessful treasure hunting, Azura and Aura returned back to the training grounds. Aura sighed and paced back and forth, trying to come up with something for them to do, millions of ideas running through her head each second. Some ideas were good while others sounded boring.

Suddenly she stopped and smiled like she was crazy. "I have an idea!" she exclaimed.

The smile she had made Azura tilt her head. "Your smile is really creepy." she said. "And what is the idea."

"We should travel....to a place." Aura said, her smile fading slowly.

"What place?" Azura asked, smiling a bit as Aura failed to finish the idea.

"Uh...a place....that...we can travel to...Paris!" she said, almost shouting.

Azura stared at her. "Why Paris?" she asked.

Aura looked at her and smiled that crazy smile again. "Hey, it's a far travel, it's a beautiful place and it'd be worth seeing." she replied as if the answer was plain and simple.

The dragon shrugged and smiled as well, trying to not stare at her rider's creepy smile. "Okay, Paris it is." she said excitedly. "Hurry up and get on. And on the way, can you tell me what Paris is like?" she asked, having never been to Paris.

"I'd be happy to." Aura said, getting on Azura as she flew off without warning.

((AuraX13... I'm having a problem with that post. First of all everyone is in the training area, there is only one on the whole island, and they are training at the moment. Secondly Draken created a storm in which they are running about defending them from wind and fire hounds that teachers created. Thirdly... you characters is students... they can't leave until their training is done or been given permission to do so.))

((With permission to act as disciplinarian on Spirit's behalf.))

Bryagh's attention was diverted from Narcissa when he noticed a silver and dark blue dragon land within the training arena. The dragon paced back and forth, completely ignoring the events around them and the whole point of this exercise.

He was close enough to overhear the conversation between the dragon and their rider and snorted derisively when they planned to go to Paris. What were they thinking? Contact with the human world should be kept to a minimum. If he hadn't had to go and fetch Narcissa, Bryagh would never have ventured into it. Besides, if he had to stay and take part in Draken's little game, then everyone else had to as well.

Bryagh checked around him to make sure there was nothing dangerous nearby and dissolved the barrier that had covered him and his rider. As he coiled his tail around Narcissa to draw her closer to him for safety he erected another one around the silver and blue dragon just as they were taking to the air.

((In other words, Bryagh has trapped Azura and Aura within one of his barriers. They will only be able to fly a few feet before smacking into an invisible wall. smile.gif))

Draken slightly rolled in the air as he saw the young rider loosing consciousness. He finally managed to take hold of the boy with his hind claws before passing him to his fore claws. His second power was awaking. This was good they made a bit of success even for so early in the morning.

“Nepula. Amacules. Come take him from me.” Draken spoke as gripped to the side of the pillar near the top and trying to place him on the platform.

At that moment Elena was still busy summoning a wind hound when her concentration broke causing it to vanish. An odd feeling was crawling up her spine. A feeling that always left her nauseous.

“They passed a barrier.” She whispered as she turned her gaze to the east. “Amacules, continue the training with hand to hand combat. We have business to take care of.” Elena spoke.

Jumping off the platform onto Draken, Elena took in her rightful place on the dragon’s back. Pushing himself from the pillar the king took to the skies towards the east ready for battle.

Nepula grabbed zen's clothing, and picked him up onto the pillar, on the safer area.

"did you see that happening?" Nepula asked her rider, eyes wide in astonishment, "it's as if he was slowly changing into dragon..."

"your right, and I heard that agares had yet to find his second ability" Amacules said. She looked over the arena, as if trying to find agares among the foliage out there. Then she heard the call of elena. She looked down from the earth pillar, and listened to what the king's rider has to say. "sure thing" she called back. Well now they look desperate.

"should I heal him?" Nepula asked, looking over the young rider with her.

"no, let him naturally gain consciousness, we an waste our energy, not when the king looked desperate to leave" Amacules explained. She slid down the wyvern's back, off the rock pillar. Nepula let one of her feathers fly off, as Amacules grabbed it, and let herself free fall. When she got closer to the ground, she grabbed the other end of the feather, and gently glided down. She placed her feet firmly on the ground, and at the same time, the red glow of her hands diminishes, along with the remaining fire hounds. Nepula roared, a call to gather around for the next lesson

Zach and Amador were still chasing one of the element hounds when it suddenly disappeared in front of them. Confused Zach turned his head to look where the king and Elena might be, but all he could see a dark figure flying away in the distance. It was also then when Nepula roared which made Amador glide down to the ground.

“What’s going on? Why they left?” Zach asked as Amador came to land near Amacules.

((I saw she said somewhere that she has laptop problems... Don't know if you want to move on anyway))

Belphegor flew through the air at an altitude high enough that they were barely noticable to those at ground level. Behind them, a mid air explosion causing the clouds around it to take on an orange hue.

Debris plummeted towards the navy blue sea beneath them, the remnants of a cargo plane, unfortunate enough to find itself in the way of Belphegor. If you looked close enough, the blue flames of Skavrael could be seen eating away at the metallic wings; atleast what was left of them, as they spiraled to the sea below.

They were about halfway to their destination.

Branwyn sighed as she saw Skavrael and Belphagor take down a plane. "Stuff like this is probably what held him up last time." She muttered to herself. Still if he was off creating as much havoc as possible she would be able to use the chaos as cover while she snagged some pygmies. "Hera let's go down, we'll snag the pygmies while Skavrael is keeping the world's eye on him." The griffon responded with a screech and the pair descended as low as cloud level. From there they flew from cloud to cloud and would continue to do so until their target was in sight.

((Is someone going to fill in for retaliation?))

Bryagh looked away from his 'captive' when he heard a roar in the distance. Now who would that be? Whoever it was it appeared to have Draken worried. He took his monkey girl and flew off, Bryagh's red eyes following their flight path.

Narcissa seemed to have picked up that something was wrong. She returned to her dragon and climbed up onto his back. Bryagh wondered how much longer the lesson would last. He wanted to do so investigating of his own.

((thanks))

"they had some business to take care of," amacules explained to zach, "they asked me to continue this lesson with hand-to-hand combat."

nepula looked up to the sky to see byragh start to fly off. when she followed his gaze, she noticed that he was on the flight path of draken and elena.

"the lesson isnt over yet," she told herself, and began to take control of the wind with a wave of her feathers. the wind began to push against the wings of byragh, hoping to unhook his attention away from the king and slow down his flying.