DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

((oh well then just ignore my last post then))

ishmael and althaea watched the king and his rider take off into the sky. althaea crept out of the cover of the trees just slightly enough for someone to 'maybe' catch a glimpse of her. ishmael got scratched by a stick but bandaged it with some leaves. 'what do we do now?' ishmael thought. 'no idea, little one' althaea replied. 'although i am quite hungry' she added, and crept back into the trees to find a meal, ishmael on her back. 'can i get off to find some berries or something?' ishmael asked. 'sure, have at it' althaea replied, not really paying attention. ishmael carefully set her feet down on the so as to not disturb althaea's prey. 'found anything yet?' ishmael questioned 'a rabbit and a squirrel' althaea replied, her catch dangling from her mouth at an odd angle, making it look like she had a beard.ishmael barley covered her laugh with a cough. 'what?' althaea questioned. 'nothing' ishmael said, wiping her eyes. ishmael looked around and found a clump of blackberries and began to collect. they both had eaten themselves full to the brim and were now exhausted. they fell asleep and althaea's tail was moving, and it landed out in the open. (people can see it now)

Edited by Ishmael-dragonrider

((Ishmael... Just a heads up riders can't use their magic yet))

((... well then a few posts ago i guess that wasn't okay? because i made her discover and be able to use her magic when she was 14. she also used her magic when she met her dragon... do i have to go edit out half my posts?))

((I must have miss read those posts x.x sorry

No you don't need too... My fault for not picking it up and posting it earlier.

Can you maybe just edit the last one))

Emeral nodded to Nepula, "Thank you. It has been a long journey. I believe we will. Oh, and by the way. I am Emeral. This," Emeral twisted her head slightly so they could see Jade better, "is Jade, my rider. Jade say Hi."

Jade waved her hand at Nepula and Amacules. "Hi," she muttered then hiding again. Emeral nodded to them again then started to head towards where Nepula indicated. "It has been so long since I have been here though yet some things have not changed," Emeral muttered to herself.

Emeral paused then turned back to Nepula, "When we will have to meet the King? I do not want to be late for that."

"she said she would be back soon, after telling me and my rider to make sure the new riders know where to go" Nepula explained.

"sadly we don't know where, she should be coming back soon" Amacules added, shrugging.

“There you go Armador.” Zach spoke as he buckled the last strap on his dragon’s saddle. He was rather grateful for it since it was a bit hard to cling on to Amador when they flew. Armador turned around to look and shook himself slightly to see if the saddle was comfy enough. Luckily it was and Zach was a fast learner when it came to practical tasks.

Zach climbed on to his dragon taking in his seat and when everything was ready he gave to order to fly. The blue dragon jumped towards the sky, spreading its wings and gliding towards the training area. Armador’s wings only started flapping a few beats letting him land softly next to Nepula.

“Hello you two.” Zach greeted Amacules and Nepula. He then turned to the new comers and smiled. “Hello there.”

As the pair of them flew, Zen continued his futile efforts at trying to escape. He had tried to pry apart Agares's grip around his body, but to little avail. His strength no where near as formidable as the dragon's.

"Wh.. where are you.. taking me!" shouted Zen, as he did his best to wriggle out of his 'prison'. Agares barely acknowledged his riders question, the only hint that he had even heard it was the increase in pressure of his grip.

Nepula and Amacules watched Amarador and Zach as soon as they flew over head and landed next to them

"Nice to see you here armador," Nepula said, "and Zach." Amacules looked up and saw the saddle Zach was on.

"New saddle?" she asked, looking it over

here is what i would post...

Username:love8188

Character Name:emma daydream

Appearance: ?

Student/Teacher: student

Dragons Name:emerald(looks like my dragon myno1night on dragon cave)

Dragons Gender:(f)

Appearance: ?

Special Skills/Magic:

1.invisibillaty

2.talk to her rider tellerpathekly(i think you spale it like that)

Weapon: fire

History: emma daydream. her mum and dad diyed when a upset mother dragon who got skerd (when she was 7) and lived in the forst from then on till 6 months ago when she left to come here.she has rased emerald from a egg that she found nealy dead.but will not tell more.

emerald. dose not trast eneyone but emma and will do eney thing for emma.for her bread she likes the day alot.png and dose spend more time on the ground than in the sky.

Other: (emma dose not have a teacher yest)

(pm it to DragonSpirit009, make sure you fill it exactly how you want and just copy and paste a link to a picture of what you want your dragon to look like, you pm your character sheet, and a first post, and if you get approved you'll be good to post)

((love8188 I sent you a message. Orion thanks for informing her there.

I have another request...

Please read the rules. I don't want to point them out every time. I know some are new to this but please follow the rules.))

“Yeah. The last one kind tore on the side causing me to fall in mid flight the other day.” Zach stated scratching the back of his head giving a weak smile. “The saddlers this time fused some of Armador’s scales into the saddle. It won’t tear anytime soon they said. Something about the scales strengthening the leather which will cause less wear and tear.” Zach slightly shrugged not sure if he should believe their words.

“Anyway…” Armador interrupted. “I saw the king and his rider talking to you earlier, is there any specific we should do?”

Edited by DragonSpirit009

"I see," Amacules said and looked up at Armador, "she told us to tell the new riders whats happening and lead them to the buildings over there." she explained and motioned to the buildings she directed the first new rider to go to, and where the king said they could rest. Amacules then looked back up at him "I think you guys know whats going on though, and you guys have always been here." Nepula sighed.

"I wish this would hurry up and start soon," she mumbled. Amacules calmly looked higher, to be able to look up at her.

ishmael woke up and then woke althaea up and said, "look, more dragons! lets go talk!" she whispered at the end, excited but scared of the new people. they got up and walked out of the cover of the forest, and over to the dragons and their riders. "hello, fellow drag-gons." althaea said nervously, looking at the ground. "my n-name is althaea, the this is m-my rider, ishmael." "h-hello," ishmael muttered nervously, glancing at each of the dragons and the riders, nodding respectfully

((is it me and the others??))

Amacules thought she heard something and looked at Ishmael and Althaea.

"I see we got more new riders," Amacules said, "we welcome you here." Nepula nudged Amacules but because of her sheer size she nearly nocked Amacules down, which would've resulted a face plant. "I'm Amacules," she said, regaining her balance from the "nudge."

"I'm Nepula," the wyvern said.

((Posts need to be longer than that Ishmael. People like to have plenty to respond to.))

Alsia looked up and noticed more dragons gathering towards the training area. "It's time to go Orion, we don't want to be late." Orion stood up and spun around. "Late for what? I still don't have a clue what's going on, all I know is I went hunting this morning saw a dragon, now I'm on some island full of dragons, are there even any other humans here?" Alsia patiently answered him, he had a reason to be confused and frustrated after all. "As I said we are on dragon island, i know this doesn't make much sense but it will very soon i promise, and there are many other people here, look carefully, some of those dragons have riders on their backs, all will be explained but for now get on my back, we need to go now." Orion sighed and did as she asked. Alsia took off with a mighty beat of her wings and flew to the center of the training area where most other dragons and riders were. "So now that we're here, what do we do? Should we try and find that king you mentioned earlier?" Orion looked around unsure what to think, there were dragons and their riders everywhere some big, some small, but they were numerous.

"if you've come a long way take the rest path" Amacules said, becoming bored of saying the same thing over and over and over, "if you've been here for a while you can stay here, no idea where the king is." Nepula sighed. She can also be quite the same as her rider, but her rider is slightly less patient than herself.

"I'm Nepula and my rider Amacules," she said, "we're over here because the king asked us to."

((I'm kind of waiting for everyone to get to the training area.))

“I’m Zach and this is Armador.” They boy spoke patting his dragon slightly on the side of his neck. “Welcome to the island. Things might be a bit strange for now but it will be cleared up soon. I hope.”

Zach slid off the blue dragon not really sure what to do, he was new himself and only knew some parts of the island. He didn’t know much about the training thing and it seemed like neither did Armador.

“I guess you guys need to go freshen up in those buildings for now. Maybe that’s what they are waiting for you guys to do before they reveal themselves.” Zach spoke out loud as he referred to the king and his rider.

~~

Elena continued to walk in the darkness of the cave waiting for it to accept her. The silence was rather intimidating for her but luckily there was the rhythmic sound of Draken breathing to calm her. The ancients were sometimes like a stubborn old mule only appearing if they wanted to.

Minutes that seemed like hours have passed when a faint blue speck of light floated out of nowhere. Elena extended her hand, cradling the little light looking at it closely before releasing it once again. It was only then that she noticed more and more of the little blue specks appearing giving light to the entire cave. Elena was now able to see where Draken and went to stand in front of the great creature.

“Draken, how did you become the king? Was it birth right or is it something the ancients choose?” Elena asked looking up at the dragon. She had always wondered this but wasn’t really sure what the terms for dragons to become kings were.

“It’s my birth right young one. The day my father died I became king infused with the flow of ancients.” He spoke in a deep voice. Behind him the little specks of blue lights started to form an image behind Draken. Elena tilted her head slightly watching the image of the former king coming to view. He was larger than Draken and looked even fiercer than his son.

“Can others take your place as king?” she asked looking at her dragon and the image of the late king.

“Yes, others can but you shouldn’t worry about something like that young one.” He replied noticing the concern in her voice.

“I am going to worry Draken. With dragons like Bryagh around they could be a real threat to you and not to mention that traitor.” Elena spoke turning around to watch the floating blue specks.

“Oh my young one.” Draken spoke lowering his head next to Elena. “Let me worry about those things. You need to train the new ones and that will take much or strength.”

((Bryagh will be late. Month end is going to last longer than I had hoped. Start without him.))

((There are still new players that have joined but yet to make a post... I'm gonna give a bit of time for them, thus everyone mingle for now tongue.gif))

Munching on an apple, the teenage girl with light brown hair swung her feet about while sitting on the bench. She was nose deep in her cellphone, humming a soft tune to herself. A little tune she had made up. Sending a message out about a party at her place, she glanced upward. She had felt weird this day. As if something was watching her. Shrugging to herself, she texted back to her friends about the time and who was coming to the party, while taking another bite of her green fruit. It had been a rather boring afternoon after school.

At least, it had until then. Because, it was right then that she heard a soft footstep. A large footstep. Feeling alarmed, she shoved her cellphone into her pocket and got up, beginning to walk away. Probably muggers. But it was not, as was revealed a moment later. Do not run, my friend. It was a voice in her mind. Pausing and wrinkling her nose, she shook her head and walked on again.  Why do you have to run away? I suppose I'll come out, then... From ahead came a blue head out of the bushes. A dragon's head. She blinked. Stopped dead. And stared. What followed was a blue, elegant, body, scaly wings tucked into the dragon's back. Do not be af- Oh. Why didn't they warn me about this? he grumbled. His rider's eyes had rolled up into her head and she had keeled over, unconscious from the shock. Lumbering over, he gently picked her up in huge paws. Then he settled back on his haunches before leaping into the air, wings beating furiously to get up into the air. It was a long way from the point of Africa...

ishmael was a little confused. so was althaea. "excuse me..." ishmael said softly. "excuse me...?" she said a little louder, but still noone heard. althaea sensed her rider's distress and said, "excuse me, but we are a little confused on what to do?" to get someone's attention, she stomped her foot. "thank you," she said. "now, i would like to know what to do?"