DragonSpirit009

To be a Dragon's Rider

Draken watched as Bryagh finally revealed his rider from under his wing. The king lowered his head slightly to look at her with curiosity noticing features the same as Orrin.

“Step closer young one.” He ordered.

Elena rolled her eyes knowing that ordering a frightened human wouldn’t do much good. Looking around in her saddle she could see light seeping through but nothing big enough to let her escape Draken’s wings. Frustrated she slightly smacked Draken neck, letting him know that she would turn to alternative ways to escape. The king could only sigh and slightly lifted his wing giving Elena enough space to slide off.

Bryagh remained silent as Draken commanded his rider to move forward. Narcissa stared up the Dragon King and took a single step forward, putting her beside Bryagh's foreleg rather than behind it.

Bryagh knew that it was not fear that held her back, but a dislike for being ordered around. The past twenty or so hours had been quite exciting and rather confusing, but due to the bond between dragon and rider Narcissa was recovering quickly. She did not care to be pushed around or intimidated by anyone, no matter who they were.

Narcissa stood up as straight as could and stared up at the Dragon King, waiting to see what he wanted from her. Bryagh smiled inside, pleased that his rider was not some quivering creature that could be easily coerced

((Sorry I'm late tongue.gif Please forgive me!))

Jade awoke to a cold breeze blowing in her face. She sat up and looked around herself as the clouds parted to reveal a island. She rested her hand on the green dragon that had taken her away from the orphange. Was it only a couple days ago, she thought to herself.

"Emeral, what is this place?" she asked the dragon. The dragon turned her head to look at her with her whiteish green eyes. "That my dear, is our new home. It has been too long since I have been here." Emeral turned away leaving Jade with more questions. They flew in closer until Emeral landed in what appeared to be an arena.

Jade noticed the other dragons and humans standing not too far away from them. She slightly stayed low not knowing what exactly to do in this new place. Everything is new since I can't remember my own past, she shook her head, no time to think about that. Not here, not know.

Amacules looked down to see one rider and dragon, and ordered Nepula to land. Nepula dived down and safely landed infront of the new rider.

"Welcome," Amacules said and bowed. "I reckon you know why your here?" she asked. Amacules observed the rider and the dragon.

((sorry about lack again, as i said, i cant put much detail into this))

Draken lowered his head until he was more or less eye level with the young girls. His eyes were moving up and down as he inspected the girl, she was different but the same in away. The king moved closer until his nose was only a few centimeters away. He then took a deep breath taking in the girls scent before he exhaled slightly. He stared for a few more seconds before he finally lifted his head and glance at Elena.

Elena was standing on the side watching the king inspect the young rider. When he finally lifted his head Elena moved forward to inspect the girl herself. Elena circled her looking closely at her familiar resemblance to Orrin. The young woman finally came to a pause standing in front of the younger girl.

“You are indeed a descendant of Orrin.” Elena spoke looking Narcissa in the eyes. “Will you be joining the training?” She asked Bryagh not moving her gaze from the girl.

When the Dragon King drew in close to inspect her Naricssa did not flinch or shy away, but watched him carefully. When he breathed in it caused her hair and nightdress to fly forward and ripple towards him so when he was done being up close and personal she reached up to brush a few locks out of her eyes.

No sooner than had the King moved back a little than the human woman he had brought with him moved in to take a good look herself. She circled Narissa, hampered a little by Bryagh's body and leg, but stopped in front of her.

“You are indeed a descendant of Orrin” she said looking Narcissa in the eyes. “Will you be joining the training?” she asked Bryagh not moving her gaze from the girl.

"Perhaps" said Bryagh.

He reared up and sat on his haunches. As he did so he picked Narcissa up and placed her on his shoulder. He looked pointedly down at Elena and his expression said it all.

My rider. Stay away.

Narcissa sat down and watched the scene before her. She did not know who this Orrin was, but judging from the tone and expressions of the King and his human it was not a favourable connection.

Agares continued to devour the whale, unaware to his future riders stirring. Zen had slowly begun to come back to reality, his eyes opening slowly revealing a blurred view of some giant beast a few yards of him. He Stretched his right hand out and clenched, grabbing a pile of sand as he tried to get his body to properly respond to his demands. The smell of charred meat and sea air instantly telling him that he was not back at his home town.

The sound of the gentle crashing off the waves on the shore was accompanied by the monstrous sounds of Agares hastily getting his fill, his swooshing tail along the sand adding a rhytmic sliding sound. Zens vision was soon returning, the three silhouettes of the beast soon becoming one as the blurriness subsided. Instantly realizing that this beast was the same dragon that had almost ravaged his home, he hastened his movements. Picking himself up, he attempted to run into the small forest, however stumbled after a few steps due to the numbness in his feet. This however was enough to get Agares's attention.

Swallowing his final bite, Agares released a jet of hot flame skyward, turning the nearby sky a bright orange, before turning to face Zen, who was now trying to crawl away.

"Pathetic..." growled Agares who looked upon his rider with contempt. "... is this all my rider has to offer?"

Zen froze as he heard the deep, beast like voice. His mind telling him to keep running... but his body frozen in fear. "R..R..Rider..?" mumbled Zen....

Elena narrowed her eyes as she saw Bryagh’s body language when he placed Narcissa on his shoulders. He almost acted the same way Draken did when he first brought her to the island.

“I suggest you should join.” Elena spoke turning around returning to Draken. The king lowered his head waiting for his rider to climb on but she paused for a few feet away and looked slightly back at Bryagh.

“We don’t want anything to happen to your rider now, do we?”

Her words were serious and her expression even more so as she looked at both dragon and rider. Elena broke her gaze and continued her way to Draken, taking in her seat ready for flight.

“Besides its law.” The king spoke now standing and looming over the smaller dragon. “You know what will happen if you don’t not follow the law? You should have a fair good experience about what happens.”

"True" replied Bryagh with a wicked grin. "But there are so few rules left I have not broken. Perhaps I should go for the full set?"

Imprisonment wasn't much of a threat for the smaller dragon. Even on Mr’nur he mostly did as he pleased. On the other hand, not being to come and go as he willed irked him. Like all dragons dragons flight was important to him and having that ability cut off was frustrating at times. Plus the company on Mr’nur was boring and provided little entertainment.

As Draken and Elena were preparing to leave Bryagh decided to move on to somewhere more secluded. The journey to collect Narcissa had been long and he was still tired. He would have to find somewhere more peaceful to rest and prevent any more disturbances.

Bryagh turned around and with Narcissa balanced on his shoulder started to climb up the mountain face. There was cave opening not far away that he could slip into. It was cooler in the dark of the mountain but the cave was too small for many dragons to enter.

((Yes you can start posting.

Ok I've notice some appearance and dragon links ain't working in the forms.

When you guys have time can everyone just PM the links again so I can fix this please.))

((Some links don't open with me. If they open for you guys then its fine.))

((I know how that feels. I just meant I already sent you the website and everything, so I was just wondering since you said that do I have to resend it again?))

((I don't believe so... But when I click on the links it just tells me forbidden. If it works with you then its ok, it might just be me work who is being a pain.

Oh and I don't know if you saw that Skullete-thetamer_1 talked to your charrie))

((Nope, haven't been able to really read all the post. I'll reply to Skullete-thetamer_1 now))

Emeral looked at the dragon that said welcome to her. She bowed, "It is an privilage to be back. I have been gone for far too long. May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?"

Jade kept hidden from the other dragon. She didn't fear them it was just so NEW to her that she didn't know what exactly to do. She noticed another rider with the new dragon. "I guess I am not the only one ," she muttered to herself as she watched the dragon.

(( Sorry I didn't reply before Skullete-thetamer_. Didn't know you replied to me! So terrible sorry! sad.gif ))

Edited by ValkyrieWarror

Alsia began her desent to the island keeping in mind Orion was still half asleep. "Wake up, little one" she said with a gentle whisper. Orion began to stir more and wake up. Then he realized they were still flying, he hugged Alsia, clinging for dear life, he had always wanted to fly yet he also had a fear of heights like most people. He looked over the right side oaf Alsia's neck and saw the island, beautiful dragons of all shapes and sizes flying about busy as bees. Orion's eyes widened, he loved dragons, almost wished he was one so he could fly and not be tethered to land, still there were dragons flying everywhere and he was nervous. He clung to Alsia, feeling safer with her than others. Then he realized something. "How do I know her name?" Orion felt he knew even more about her and loved her like a close friend despite having just met her. "Where are we?" He finally said to her. "The island, we have some time before we need to head to the training area until then I'm going to find a clearing so we can talk, I know you have many questions." Orion nodded and soon Alsia found a clearing, a little small for hr but there were some trees for privacy and the grass was comfortable. When she landed Orion humbled to get off, like a drunk trying to climb down something. He found a spot next to her and began to ask questions. "Why do I know your name, Alsia?" She looked at him and sat down, then lowered her head to be level with his eyes. "You are my rider, we share a bond and that lets us see each others memories and feelings. I know your name as well, it is Orion. We are on a unique island, it is a safe haven for dragons and their riders. They all also possess a unique ability, be it invisibility, or something like being able to breathe fire and ice." It was silent for a moment. "Do we have abilities like that, can you breathe fire?" "I can breathe fire and ice, as well as change to different breeds. We will find out what yours may be at the training area, they might be the same, or a little different for all we know. Orion sat down between two trees and looked at all the dragons flying about. "Whoa." Orion couldn't believe his eyes or what he was hearing. "This is crazy...what do we do now?"

Edited by Orion97

Zach appeared from out his room once again this time with still wet hair. He walked next to Amador and looked up at him with an annoyance.

“Happy now? I took a shower and put on new clothes.” He spoke looking at him with a slight glare.

“Yes very but you took so long you missed all the action.” The dragon stated as kept looking out over the island.

“Really what happened? What I miss? Are the new riders here yet?” Zach asked quickly forgetting about how annoyed he was. He stepped closer to the railing looking all over the place when his sight stopped at the training area. Excitement boiled in, him curious to see who they were. He know one of the dragons and riders there, Amador introduced them when he arrived on the island.

“Firstly the king and his rider stopped by in the training area. They spoke to Nepula and Amacules but only for a few minutes. They are now on the Mountains of Bach. Can you see the black dot on that mountain?” Amador pointed out with one of his claws. “They are there for some reason, not sure what. And on another note one new rider have shown up so far.” Amador finished speaking looking down at the new comers from his home.

“Well let’s go say hello. Might as well start the wait in the training area and make a little conversation.” Zach spoke quickly returning to his room to get Amador’s saddle.

Ishmael was alone. she had been abandon in the woods when she was 2. she had been in the woods 3 days after her parents had left her, though she never cried. she rarely cried. she was lying on a rock in a clearing when an old lady had found her. the woman's name was hathana, and she cared for ishmael like a daughter, teaching her the ways of the forest, how to hunt, fish, collect berries, make clothes, use moss as bedding, and just live in the woodlands. hathana also taught ishmael the animals and berries and trees and all the woods. hathana died when ishmael was 8, and ishmael had been living in the woods ever since.

ishmael was 14 when she found out about her powers. she had been staring at the sky from her rock, thee one she had been left on, and had been wishing she could fly when, she was lifted into the sky by a breeze! 'did i make that happen?' she wondered. she tried again and again, and discovered she had an elemental power,air, like hathana, who had earth powers.ishmael also has healing powers which she found out when she found a bluejay with a broken wing. she simply touched the wing and it was healed. the bluejay flew away as healthy as ever.

the day ishmael turned 15, she was lying on her rock, which was covered in a comfy layer of moss. she had turned to one side when she saw a glowing light. naturally, she was curious, so she followed the light. when she found the source, she was so surprise she floated right off the ground, but quickly came back down again and knelt to the ground, remembering what hathana had told her- "a dragon has more power in his claw than you have in yourself."- the dragon saw the respect this... human had for her and accepted that, for the dragon had heard the sweet song so many had spoke of. "will you be my rider?" the dragon had asked after holding out a claw. ishmael nodded and grasped the claw tentatively. 'it is done' Althaea had said. ishmael only stared at her, confused, when althaea lifted her head and said" come we must go to the mountain." ishmael almost nodded before she said "wait!" and hurried off. althaea followed to see ishmael remove a blanket of moss from a rock, and press her hand to a symbol in the rock, which went down to reveal an opening in which she took out a pack. she replaced the moss and went over to althaea. "im ready" she said, and got on the dragon's back. they flew across land and sea, finally reaching their destination, when they saw the king.they landed in a clump of trees and waited, out of sight.

Edited by Ishmael-dragonrider

"my name is Amacules" she said.

"and my name is Nepula" Nepula said. Amacules looked up at the green dragon, then back at the rider, who looked a bit... Nervous.

"well you guys might be tired after the flight" Amacules said and motioned over the buildings Elena had talked about when the riders come. "you can rest up, eat, clean..." she explained, remembering what the king said. "and enjoy life here I guess" Amacules added, more towards the rider than the dragon.

(are you talking to ishmael and althaea? ) (if not sorry!)

ishmael and althaea crept out from the trees and compared to nepula they were tiny. she jumped and glided over to the aforementioned buildings. smile.gif

"Yes.. Rider.." roared Agares, causing Zen to cower. The roar sent several island birds into the air, all fleeing for their lives. "You should be honored, that I am your dragon...the infamous Agares... Shadow of Chaos..." he spoke, this time chuckling to himself.

"L..look... j.. just take me back..." stuttered Zen, still frozen in fear.

"Take you back?.. The only thing stopping me from eating you on the spot is the fact that you triggered the song... the song that unites Dragon and Rider... however... if you do not wish to be a dragon rider... i might as well eat you now..." Agares walked closer, bringing his face directly in front of Zen's. Hot air escaped his nostrils as he sniffed the boy, his lips parting slightly as he licked his lips.

"F..fine!.. Just dont eat me!..." shouted Zen, his eyes closed as he tried not to look at the face of a monster.Before he could open his eyes, he felt the force of being grabbed and rushed into the air.

Agares resumed their flight back to the Dragon Island.

((nope i wasnt. it was a replie to someone else. also im not the king, and the king was on the mountain of bach, but now they are flying to who knows where.))

((Actually the king and Elena is still on the mountain but they are about to go. tongue.gif))

Elena watched as Bryagh disappeared with his rider into some cave, the young woman could only sigh at his actions. Sometimes she wished Draken just give the small dragon a slap in the face and tell him to get with the program.

Neither the less the king took to the skies where they continued their duties before the gathering of the new comers. As they flew both rider and dragon could see some old faces returning to the island a couple of them with riders. This pleased Elena since this would hopefully strengthen their forces against the demons and dark rider.

After their quick visits around the island the king headed back towards Dragoria towards the cave of Ancients. As both Elena and Draken entered this cave the king used his magic to seal it with earth, leaving them in pitch black darkness. Elena could feel Draken’s movements as he walked deeper into the cave, deeper into the darkness.

“Draken, have any of the riders used their magic yet?” Elena asked since she knew his connection to everyone was stronger in the cave.

“Not that I can sense young one. Not many dragon’s know how to complete the bond between rider and dragon.” He spoke when he finally stopped walking.

“Good.” She exclaimed sliding down from Draken’s back on to the familiar cave floor. Even thou it was completely dark she knew precisely where to go but the wonders of the cave still completely amazed her.

Edited by DragonSpirit009