Sign in to follow this  
Zovesta

Gravity Falls

I love Gravity Falls, it is one of the few good shows left these days. I like all the characters, with Dipper, Mable and Grunkle Stan being my favourties. Dipper is smart, and is a good detective. Mabel is funny without being annoying, and brightens the mood. Grunkle Stan is a conman and cheapskate, but in a funny way. The only thing I don't really like is the Dipper/Robbie/Wendy love triangle. Robbie is just annoying, and I really would prefer it if Dipper found someone his own age to have a crush on instead of fawning over someone who is like twice his age dry.gif

The first moment I saw Gravity Falls I knew I'd love it and I absolutely do! But it also seems special to me. Dipper and Mabel's relationship is very similar to how me and my older brother used to be with each other. Aside from that I absolutely LOVE mythos, faeries, and anything to do with the paranormal. It's totally up my alley. xd.png

I absolutely agree with C88^^^ I always found it annoying about that love triangle. Dipper definitely needs to find a crush his own age but also Robbie being a jerk out of jealousy to Dipper for liking Wendy. There's no reason someone his age should behave that way towards a kid seriously...

I like all the characters otherwise! Dipper, Mabel, and Soos are my favorite though.

me and my dad just started watching this show! it's really good, i love it so far! bill cipher is my favorite villain. he's like a slightly more horrifying version of myself.

it actually kind of reminds me of a podcast called Welcome to Night Vale...

One of my friends actually convinced me to watch Welcome to Nightvale because they said it was like Gravity Falls. I'm really excited about the new episode on the 16th, but everyone on the internet is spazzing about it being a Dipcifica episode, so I'm kind of skeptical. I guess it would be nice for Dipper to actually like somebody his own age, but Pacifica? i guess we'll just have to watch to see what happens.

I mean, Alex has hinted in a couple of tweets here and there that the kids shouldn't be focused on romance, so there's really nothing to go off of by concluding it'll be a romance episode. That said, I have complete faith in this one being full of good character development.

Also, the episode after this one will be airing on March 9th and is titled Not What He Seems. 'Nuff said. I'M SO EXCITED FOR A STAN EPISODE AAAAHHHH

The most recent episode was great and really pulled my attention back to the series! That Pacifica development was awesome, and now I am really loving the idea of a possible thing sparking between her and Dipper. Not saying the show should or will focus on romance, and I would be happy with a simple friendship. But I have to admit, I ship them a lot after finishing the episode.

And Grenda got some love too! LOL.

And that Bill reference has me super curious what will happen next. Can't wait for the next one.

I just started watching Gravity Falls the other day and boy oh boy it's amazing! <3 I sat down with a box of cookies, a jug of milk, and my laptop, and just watched episode after episode. biggrin.gif

"Watch out for the peacocks!" *hits a peacock* 'glllollllg*peacock noise*'

LOL

Favorite part, hands down.

Also, wow, the bell ringing by Pacifica's father is creepy.

If any of you have seen Over the Garden Wall, I thing the bell's a reference to "The ringing of the bell commands you!" But I don't think Pacifica is possessed by a cannibal demon sooo…

I through the bell ringing was a reference to that dog scientist (I don't know his name)

If any of you have seen Over the Garden Wall, I thing the bell's a reference to "The ringing of the bell commands you!" But I don't think Pacifica is possessed by a cannibal demon sooo…

Yeah, I'd just assumed he had been training his daughter like an animal...

But I love Over the Garden Wall :D <3

Edited by Niyaka

Yeah, I'd just assumed he had been training his daughter like an animal...

But I love Over the Garden Wall biggrin.gif <3

Over the Garden Wall was apparently made way after this episode was made. And you're thinking of Ivan Pavlov's classical conditioning, yeah. The way her parents treated her is downright horrific and abusive - they made her associate the bell with negative consequences (which could have ranged from anything from verbal scolding to full-blown physical abuse). They gave her so much character development that made you go from hating her to wanting to hug her ;_;

ALSO HOLY CRAP DID YOU GUYS SEE THE TRAILER FOR NOT WHAT HE SEEMS

DID ANYONE SEE THE LAST EPISODE.

JUST.

HOLY CRAP.

I DID! I CANT EVEN AUHHGHH!!!

~

I don't wanna wait for the next episode!!! I need to watch it now DDDDD:

(Spoiler: Stan and his brother are the original mystery twins? Haha, but seriously that episode was just so suspenseful.)

Edited by Pixel.G

DID SOMEONE SAY GRAVITY FALLS?!?!?!?

Ooh yeah, the last episode was AWESOME!!! I really liked Soos fainting at the end. LOL

I watch lots of Youtube stuff about GF too. My favourite channel is Vailskibum94, he has lots of interesting theories.

They picked a bad time to go back on hiatus until summer. What a cliffhanger.

They're on hiatus? Nooooooooooooooo we finally see the author of the journals and we have to wait to see where he was/why he's back/what's going to happen next!? D:

Pfft, another hiatus. 'Least it isn't another year-long wait!

... Who am I kidding I am in denial I want more and I want it now :c

Whatever the case, that last episode was amazing! You know it's a good show when they can give you so many answers and leave you with so many questions in one episode. I may not have been an active supporter of the whole Stan Twin theory, but congrats to the ones who did!

In the meantime, I will go and furiously stalk fanfics.

Did anybody else catch that the swings in the credits were the ones from Stan's mind? I had seen a theory about the rotted side of the mind-swing representing Stanley, but never actually believed it! Also right before I watched the episode one of my friends siad "I can't believe its over," meaning the episode, but I thought she meant Gravity Falls as a whole. After having a twenty minute panic attack, I googled it and found out that it wasn't over, thankfully. But I am upset about ANOTHER hiatus. But hey, I could be into Sherlock.

Did anybody else catch that the swings in the credits were the ones from Stan's mind? I had seen a theory about the rotted side of the mind-swing representing Stanley, but never actually believed it! Also right before I watched the episode one of my friends siad "I can't believe its over," meaning the episode, but I thought she meant Gravity Falls as a whole. After having a twenty minute panic attack, I googled it and found out  that it wasn't over, thankfully. But I am upset about ANOTHER hiatus. But hey, I could be into Sherlock.

Yeah, the swings were the same! It's also worth noting that waayy back in early season 1 during "Headhunters" when Stan was so distraught at the wax figure's death, what we thought was a funny instance of him being egotistical was actually him mourning his brother. The continuity is so extreme. (source)

The wait for summer is going to be painful. I'm so scared for the kids and their relationship.

Sherlock is nothing tbh, having to wait like 10 years between shows or reboots has driven the Trekkie fandom mad. But I digress tongue.gif

What do you guys anticipate Stan's relationship with his brother being like? I kind of hope it's not a parallel of Dipper and Mabel...

Well, Stan did mention that it was "unnatural for siblings to get along so well" or something along the lines of that. Then again, he was also willing to go through all this illegal and possibly apocalypse-inducing stuff to get his bro back. Hmmmmm.

This is true. You can not get along with a sibling and still want to bring thwm back, though. What I'm wondering is...why? Why bring back the author? Is there something bigger going on?

Sign in to follow this