TJ09

2012-10-30 - Halloween Update

while that is nice for those without power from the storm (i genuinely hope you are all safe by the way), i most likely won't be able to be online as i gotta work all weekend. sad.gif i had all this week til friday night, and was excited that i might have been able to gift a few eggs to those unable to catch them.

can't you drop them both days? if not, oh well. worth a shot.

thanks for the update though.

Edited by spring_dragon

*expletive* I just remembered that I won't even be able to be online on November 3rd! 

I am sorry, but I am actually REALLY unhappy about this. I sympathise with those going through this hurricane and I am very glad that they will be able to be on and get eggs on Nov 3rd....but this seriously inconveniences other people who specifically moved schedules and made plans to be available for the drop on the 31st....now we can't get the new eggs.

Why not have the drop tomorrow AND again on Nov 3rd. An extra day for those affected by power outtages, without affecting those who are not.

If the hurricane is affecting TJ and the servers and the ability to do the drop at all then I can fully understand the move. But shifting it soley to another day...while solving the problem for some will cause problems for others.

This, totally.

I did backflips to be able to arrange my schedule to be able to be here the night of the drop. I made those plans well in advance. To have it change now is very frustrating! >_< I do sympathize with those directly affected by Sandy and feel badly for them, but by accomodating them this way, the rest of us who have made our plans well in advance just got the short end of the stick. >:/ I agree with having two drops...one as scheduled, another Saturday. Please, TJ, for those of us that had to jump through hoops to be here, reconsider this.

This is honestly kind of silly. There's always a disaster somewhere, you can't spend your whole life worrying about it or you'll go nuts.

I'm pretty miffed about this.

Just saying.

But TJ probably isn't going to change anything now that he's made the forum post, so I'm not going to complain.

*Goes back to doing schoolwork*

Edit: .... And to be honest, I think many of the people this change has been made for have *cough* bigger problems to be thinking about than Dragon Cave.

/probablyshot

Edited by digipup

TJ: What about Zombie attempts? Could you please tell if Oct 31st will be the day for zombie attempts? Or will this be Nov 3rd, too?

Thanks TJ, I had my power go out as I arrived home last night, and it still isn't up.

All I have is the internet at my home, and it's really discouraging. ; w;

Dunno to the questions, but as long as there's enough time for the new eggs to drop, I'm happy! biggrin.gif

My mood has gone from happy to estatic! I just found out there is NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! xd.png

While I sympathize immensely and pray for the safety of all those involved in hurricane sandy....I am extremely disappointed, I was REALLY looking forward to it. sad.gif

This - can't you give us 2 days of catching instead? One regular tomorrow, Oct. 31st, and then this additional on Nov. 3rd? I planned DC time for tomorrow but I'll very probably be without internet on Nov. 3rd, so as much as I like this gesture for all the people affected by the storm, I don't think it's nice/fair for the rest of the DC community to just cancel the date tomorrow.

Noone gets hurt if there'd be two dates for catching. sad.gif

Pretty sure superstorm was announced last week and every news station said that there would be a lot of power outages. Why couldn't you let us know then that Halloween event would be delayed when superstorm was announced? We could have changed our plans again then. Now, a day before Halloween, it is too late to change plans for the second time.

Although the gesture is very kind and very considerate of the user's best wishes, I would have to agree with everyone else. To me, the change does not affect myself personally as I would have been free tomorrow and on Saturday, everyone does have a point on their schedules on how they timed it just right.

I don't want to necessarily pick sides, because I do agree with both sides. The Frankenstorm gifting thread has many users dedicated to gifting for storm victims and this new movement would basically cancel this entire gifting/relief project, it is still there. Maybe we can move the aim at people who will have to miss the drop if this postponement is not revoked?

TJ: What about Zombie attempts? Could you please tell if Oct 31st will be the day for zombie attempts? Or will this be Nov 3rd, too?

I think he meant only the new eggs will drop on the 3'rd. smile.gif

I wouldn't mind having a drop tomorrow also though. I'd be able to get more of the new dragons.

Even if the decision was to not change the drop date, people would still be able to get the new eggs through gifting topics. unsure.gif

This - can't you give us 2 days of catching instead? One regular tomorrow, Oct. 31st, and then this additional on Nov. 3rd? I planned DC time for tomorrow but I'll very probably be without internet on Nov. 3rd, so as much as I like this gesture for all the people affected by the storm, I don't think it's nice/fair for the rest of the DC community to just cancel the date tomorrow.

Noone gets hurt if there'd be two dates for catching. sad.gif

This...is put..... Perfectly!

Thank you.

Even though I am not in one of the states immediately affected by Hurricane Sandy, my military unit is activating to deal with the disaster so I'll be pretty far away from a computer. The last thing I'm thinking about is Halloween Eggs. (Ok, I admit, I'll think about it in the down moments)

smile.gif

I'm sure those affected by the hurricane are grateful...but it does not bode well for me. And at such short notice, too. I times this to perfection, which is necessary for me since I cannot catch eggs as fast as others and will probably struggle anyways. Besides, everyone knew that there would be large areas of people affected earlier...we could have been told earlier. Now I'll probably end up with nothing. But hey, that's fine, right? Least the hurricane victims (who have bigger things to worry about) may have a chance at catching them instead.

It's not fair on the rest of the world for their plans to be messed up, it's like sacrificing the majority to spare the minority. Wrong way round.

Edited by Twilight Dream

*expletive* I just remembered that I won't even be able to be online on November 3rd! ohmy.gif

I am sorry, but I am actually REALLY unhappy about this. I sympathise with those going through this hurricane and I am very glad that they will be able to be on and get eggs on Nov 3rd....but this seriously inconveniences other people who specifically moved schedules and made plans to be available for the drop on the 31st....now we can't get the new eggs.

Why not have the drop tomorrow AND again on Nov 3rd. An extra day for those affected by power outtages, without affecting those who are not.

If the hurricane is affecting TJ and the servers and the ability to do the drop at all then I can fully understand the move. But shifting it soley to another day...while solving the problem for some will cause problems for others.

this soo much dry.gif

Thanks for the heads up TJ (: I actually don't mind them dropping on the 3rd. It gives me more time.

I'm going to agree with most of the people who are asking for two days, though I'm not affected by any of it. Please consider it, at least; the worst that will happen is someone who gets to play both days (somehow) will end up with a lot of dragons, and I don't see that as a bad thing because this is Halloween and these dragons only turn up once a year, and this particular breed is only available once CB.

Please, for the people who specifically arranged it so they were able to hunt tomorrow, consider keeping the 31st the same as well as making Nov 3 a drop date.

Thank you, TJ. My power came back on though, but as for people who have their yards a pond like mine was last night stay safe!

My thoughts go out to those in the hurricanes path. While it doesn't affect me, I understand the thought and consideration put into the date's move.

While I understand that you want to give the people effected by the storm a chance, I feel this is actually unfair to some of the players that aren't affected by the storm. I for one was excited about Halloween this year because I do not work that day, and can stay up the night before and hunt. But now that the date has changed, I will no longer be able to do as such because I work.

I feel maybe to please everyone, perhaps You should drop eggs on both days? That way those who had planned for tomorrow can still participate, and those effected by weather can participate as well.

I believe two drops would be the fair-est option. I myself can hunt either day, but it will be much harder to do on Saturday.

How can people call this decision considerate? It's going against the majority, people who weren't affected by Sandy. A considerate decision would be giving 2 days of Halloween drops, October 31st for the majority, and November 3rd for those who were affected by Sandy. Personally I live in New York, I wasn't affected, and I planned very hard and moved a lot of things to the weekend to be available tomorrow. Glad to know that it was worthless and I won't get a single new egg.

While I'm glad that the new Halloween egg drop was delayed so that those affected by the power outages have a chance at the new eggs, the line about further delays concerns me as I plan my vacation to be able to get the Halloween eggs and hopefully hatch (and maybe grow them before I leave). So I'm a little concerned about the line that says more delays might occur if necessary as this would mean I'd get no eggs as I'd be gone and with no internet access at all.

Personally, it's 6 and two 3's for me, but it does seem a little... selfish, that plans made by people in every other country of the world, have been wrecked, purely so that the overall minority of DC players who've been affected by the storm- and probably will be too busy rebuilding their lives to get on for the rescheduled drop anyway- get a chance.

actually, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the number of people who LOSE OUT because of the change outweighed the people who BENEFIT.

To clarify, then;

A) It personally doesn't bother me, I'm only waking up at 4am for the zombies regardless.

cool.gif It's equally unfair whichever day you do it on, because it's either not good for americans or not good for anyone else.

C) The only way to not annoy half the DC population is to cancel the halloween release. and even that would annoy the spriters.

Edited by dracocharky