TJ09

2012-10-30 - Halloween Update

Any chance of giving us two days of drops due to the schedule change? I have serious doubts that I will be able to get on on Saturday, but Sunday will likely work. (I had already moved heaven and earth to be free for once on Halloween itself…)

My thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected by Sandy.

If the Zombie revival thing is moved to Nov 3rd then I am completely screwed, as I specially timed my dead dragons so that their gravestones would still be there until 31 October...not past that. I would have less gravestones to try and revive and so would many other people.

Well, at least I'll be able to squeeze another Shadow Walker in before the drop. Messed up my plan a bit, but I'm not going to complain.

Darn! I won't be able to get to a computer for the whole weekend sad.gif I hope I can get my flatmate to catch me some Halloween eggies or I will be out of luck this year...

Anyway still a good thing for all the poor people who have to deal with Sandy and the effects, my thoughts go out to you.

Thank you TJ, I am not in the USA but this is a very nice gesture for all the people affected. Hope you are safe too smile.gif

*expletive* I just remembered that I won't even be able to be online on November 3rd! ohmy.gif

I am sorry, but I am actually REALLY unhappy about this. I sympathise with those going through this hurricane and I am very glad that they will be able to be on and get eggs on Nov 3rd....but this seriously inconveniences other people who specifically moved schedules and made plans to be available for the drop on the 31st....now we can't get the new eggs.

Why not have the drop tomorrow AND again on Nov 3rd. An extra day for those affected by power outtages, without affecting those who are not.

If the hurricane is affecting TJ and the servers and the ability to do the drop at all then I can fully understand the move. But shifting it soley to another day...while solving the problem for some will cause problems for others.

While I understand that you want to give the people effected by the storm a chance, I feel this is actually unfair to some of the players that aren't affected by the storm. I for one was excited about Halloween this year because I do not work that day, and can stay up the night before and hunt. But now that the date has changed, I will no longer be able to do as such because I work.

There is weather all over the country. I don't mean to sound cold, but I have had to miss events because our power was out or we had to evacuate before. It was a bummer, but I would have never expected the date to change because of my situation.

I feel maybe to please everyone, perhaps You should drop eggs on both days? That way those who had planned for tomorrow can still participate, and those effected by weather can participate as well.

*expletive* I just remembered that I won't even be able to be online on November 3rd! ohmy.gif

I am sorry, but I am actually REALLY unhappy about this. I sympathise with those going through this hurricane and I am very glad that they will be able to be on and get eggs on Nov 3rd....but this seriously inconveniences other people who specifically moved schedules and made plans to be available for the drop on the 31st....now we can't get the new eggs.

Why not have the drop tomorrow AND again on Nov 3rd. An extra day for those affected by power outtages, without affecting those who are not.

If the hurricane is affecting TJ and the servers and the ability to do the drop at all then I can fully understand the move. But shifting it soley to another day...while solving the problem for some will cause problems for others.

I agree with this, although it doesn't affect me personally either way -- at least as of now it doesn't. While I live near Washington, DC and did get hit by Sandy, we didn't lose power so I don't have that to worry about, but moving it to Saturday doesn't bother me, either. My only issue is that my mother-in-law is dying and it could be any day now, then there will be the funeral, etc., BUT no matter what TJ does, there's no way to please everyone.

...well, that really screws with my plans. sad.gif

Can't please everyone, though, alas. It's probably a good decision. Thanks for the heads-up!

Any chance of giving us two days of drops due to the schedule change? I have serious doubts that I will be able to get on on Saturday, but Sunday will likely work. (I had already moved heaven and earth to be free for once on Halloween itself…)

I agree with this,

I understand that there are a lot of people affected by Sandy, so it is a lovely gesture to postpone it, but what about the people who made plans already? People are very dedicated to DC and made plans in advance to be off of school/work and other things and I don't see such a huge problem with it being two days. It is of course nice to the people being affected and my prayers are with them. Halloween is a greedy holiday, so why not be greedy and have two days?

Thanks for this! I am not affected by it but I had no idea how I was going to catch even one egg with how busy tomorrow is going to be for me!

Well, at least I can breed another egg or two while waiting and get some other breeds.

Thanks for telling us TJ!

That is an immensely considerate thing to do. Thanks TJ, continue being awsome=)

If the Zombie revival thing is moved to Nov 3rd then I am completely screwed, as I specially timed my dead dragons so that their gravestones would still be there until 31 October...not past that. I would have less gravestones to try and revive and so would many other people.

Ummm this? Will extra time be added to our tombstones? And move the revive ability to the 3rd? Because right now the chances to get a zombie are only onthe 31st...Does that change too?

All other Halloween events will proceed as planned and will end tomorrow night at 23:59.

I'm guessing he means zombies get revived on Halloween.

What does this mean for Zombies? Do we still revive them on the 31st? =S

I respect the empathy behind this idea and think it's very kind to those who are affected by Sandy but I work all weekend. That will make this release pretty much impossible for me (12 hour shifts Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). Bummer.

Is there any possibility at all of doing two drops? It definitely isn't fair to the people without power due to Sandy if they miss it, but it's also really not fair to those of us who planned specifically for tomorrow if the drop is cancelled tomorrow, either.

What if power isn't restored to areas affected by Sandy on the 3rd? Wasn't power out for a week or more with Katrina?

I was really looking forward to this release. I'm bummed.

Edited by anemone

While I sympathize immensely and pray for the safety of all those involved in hurricane sandy....I am extremely disappointed, I was REALLY looking forward to it. sad.gif

Well, the same with me. Tomorrow I would have had better chances as it is a working day (less people) and I have a fast connection. And on Saturday I will have a slower one and more people will have time to hunt mad.gif

But I hope all of you will be OK in the USA wink.gif

BTW, TJ, could you postpone the event till 4th? There will be the time change and will have here the old 6 hours time shift (instead 5 hours now - we changed time two days ago) wink.gif)))