angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Allow double Halloween breeding

As I imagine most people on the forums know, any Holiday that grows up within its breeding season is immediately put on a 9-day cooldown to prevent them from breeding a second generation of Holidays within that time frame.

My question is... why? And can it please be removed? ;___;

Really, I don't see any good reason for it--I don't think the issue of there being "too many Holidays around" is really an issue, because the AP lately has been plenty full of other non-Holiday things, and the cave has been moving along smoothly as well (which, yes, is a result of caveblocking being disabled, but couldn't it also stay disabled for 2-3 extra days after the Holiday in question? Or heck, it doesn't even need to be--caveblocking is something we're used to dealing with on a regular basis out-of-season, anyway). And I see how it could do a lot of GOOD--especially in the case of really rare Holidays like Hollies and, to a lesser extent, Yulebucks and Val 09's. Imagine, there'd be double the current Holiday yield produced every year! I don't see any way that could harm anyone--but I DO see a lot of good it could do.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Can't see it for anything other than the GREEDY season, myself.

In my personal opinion, I don't think all the Holidays would be as special if such a thing were implemented. They are Holiday exclusive dragons and it should be that way. I personally don't mind the way they are now, and I'm sure there are enough users now breeding Holidays and releasing them in the AP.

Can't see it for anything other than the GREEDY season, myself.

I agree. During the limited holidays more eggs tend to overburden the AP, but during Halloween when we greedily collect that wouldn't be an issue and it would give some of us an extra shot to work on lineages that we only get to add to once a year. rolleyes.gif

In my personal opinion, I don't think all the Holidays would be as special if such a thing were implemented. They are Holiday exclusive dragons and it should be that way. I personally don't mind the way they are now, and I'm sure there are enough users now breeding Holidays and releasing them in the AP.

They would still be breeding during the Holiday 'season,' however. For example, I just had a Marrow grow up this morning--if the 'no double breeding' thing was removed, I would be able to breed it today or tomorrow, on Halloween itself, but not AFTER--so it'd still fit in the Holiday range. I'm not asking for an increased breeding season, I'm asking for dragons that grow up during that season to be allowed to breed. smile.gif

Edit: As a side note--and this is a HYPOTHETICAL side note--if increased Christmas/Valentine limits were ever implemented, double breeding* during those seasons would probably result in much less clog and thus be more feasible.

*By 'double breeding' I mean 'let new adult Holidays breed' as opposed to true double-breeding by any one dragon.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy