Arwen17

Which Was The Worst Time In Your Life and Why?

Which Time was the Worst?  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The worst time in my life was when I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. It was the worst time because there was nothing to motivate me, and didn't help my morale, to me that is the worst type of life, I life without a goal, and without self meaning.

Seeing as I've only lived through 15 years of my life, it's pretty hard to judge the worst part.

Considering I'm currently on my final year of GCSEs ( I think... it's uhm, sophomore year for the US? ), writing/sending sixth form applications & taking exams with a government intent on changing exam contents every 3 seconds, this year's been the most awful so far. ;___;

Then again, I don't think I've really had bad experiences from 5-14. My parents moved around a lot so sometimes I found myself halfway across the country, and other times, halfway across the world. I was home-schooled for parts of it, went to a private/independent school for another part, and of course, ended up in a public/state school, where I am now. Eh. It's not as bad as people thinks; the worst that's happened is when someone urinated in someone else's bag because they didn't like the person.

Edited by glass_kisses

Well I'm only in middle school, so I'm not sure yet. But uhh. In elementary school I was backstabbed by my two best friends and they like ditched me so I was really sad. And that made elementary school horrible.

Middle school has lots of stupid drama... but it's fun. I like it. Not the drama. The fun. XD

Definitely Middle School, the first year I developed depression, and missed school habitually throughout the half end of the first and past my third year. I would say that High School is a much better place for me, because I have independent study and don't have to worry about being bullied 95% of the time at all now. Middle School was made good by friends, but friends can't be there all the time, especially when someone picks you out as an easy target. I have some great memories with friends, but Middle School definitely has been the worst time in my life because of my growth, heightened sensitivity, shyness, and perfectionistic personality.

i am saying middle school because i was made fun of but elementry was tough too because no one wanted to play with the kid who was different and annoying and had a disability. i never had any true friends till high school

Elementary school. I was a bullying victim.

But then years later in middle school I found the bully.

And I made him suffer.

Glad I could get closure.

Wow. Wow. I've been homeschooled nearly all of my life, and every time I hear horror stories about public school it leaves me feeling shocked and sick at what other kids have to go through. My heart goes out to you all; I know that the past can't be changed, but here's to a better future for all of you.

Personally, I'd have to say the worst time of my life was between about the ages of 7-11. Thankfully I was too young to comprehend most of the really horrible stuff when it happened, like when my parents got divorced, but those four years I remember clearly as being utterly hopeless and dismal.

My stepdad abused me; everyone where we lived thought of themselves and everyone else in the area as hopeless and going nowhere; my mom was convinced that witchcraft was evil and that fantasy-- which was and is a huge and deeply integral part of me-- was witchcraft and therefore evil, too; most of the pets we owned during that period were killed by our neighbors' negligence or animals; my mom tried to make up for my lack of socialization by forcing me to play with every one of her numerous piano students, most of whom I deeply disliked and who deeply disliked me, and who would routinely tear up my room and take my stuff; my grandma died a horrible, slow, lingering death of lung cancer, and at one point while I was alone with her she started crying and writing notes begging me to take the tube out of her throat...

...it was a rough, rough time for me. It left a lot of scars, and a lot of problems, and I'm still working through them. When I was eleven I told my mom about the abuse, and she divorced my stepdad, and a few months later she met my current stepdad, and we moved out and now here we are. I've gotten over my hatred of other people, especially other people my own age, and I've mostly recovered from the abuse; it's been an uphill struggle, but I've slowly realized that I've got good things inside that make up for the bad, and now I'm looking into majoring in engineering and trying for Washington State University.

Who knows? There might be worse stuff ahead. At least now I'm a little better prepared for it, because never again am I going to be that scared seven-year-old kid with no hope and no idea what to do with herself.

Liberating thought, that.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

Elementary school.

I too was a bullying victim. But from 1st grade all the way to 6th.

I was a good 6 inches shorter than everyone else, tho I am normal height now. I was very smart, learned to read at 3, and by 3rd grade, was reading 6th, and by 6th, reading college levels. As a result my grades were generally very high.

It didn't help that I was very shy, grew my boobs at age 9 in third grade, and got glasses AND braces at age 10 in 4th.

For 6 years, I had to develop spy like tendencies to avoid the bullies. Coming to school and going home, I had to beware of every bush, every fence I couldn't see thru. Kids would hide and jump out to get me. I found unique and strange routes all the time. I had to watch my desk, as kids would get in, take papers, and when the teacher wasn't looking, get them wet and paste them to the wall. I got rubber bands flicked at me in class. One time in second grade, I got chased to the far edge of the playground and whipped with a jump rope. Another time, in 3rd grade, a gang of boys grabbed my arms while another boy tried to unbutton my shirt to see my new bewbs, while a group of girls cheered them on. This was at recess, again, at the far end of the playground. My lunch was frequently sabotaged and stolen. This wasn't just one year, it was pretty much constant from 2nd grade on. This was in the early 70's, it wasn't like things are now. Since I was bullied so much, constantly, it was assumed by my family, and the school, I must be doing something to provoke it. I learned quickly the consequences of telling anyone.

When we graduated from 6th grade, I opted to go to another district's Jr. High, where my dad was a teacher. That ended my nightmare childhood, pretty much.

Middle school.

I was a great student, but I got in trouble a lot. Mainly because I was with the Drumline and didn't work at home, I would draw a lot.

But I was literally blamed for everything. And I was in a foster home, and nothing seemed to go right. Then I got suspended for things I didn't do, and I was the reject in everything except for band.

I was the depressed, genius kid that was rude and sarcastic. And I would walk into school wearing a white long sleeved shirt and jeans. And no shoes.

A singular event? That would be a giant white dog killing my own small dog when I went out on a walk with him.

A prolonged period? That would be the last two grades of elementary and first two grades of high school. I was bullied, didn't have any friends, my mom got depression (on top of having autistic brother) and mom and father fought a lot. Thankfully, I sorted school out,mom is on the pills and in the process of divorce. So, it's getting better.

High school. I was developing Schizophrenia (undiagnosed until I was 21, but we think I got it around 15-16) and it made my social anxiety even worse. I often had crying fits, was sent to multiple school therapists, and one day I finally broke down and tried to commit suicide in the school's bathroom.

When I got home that day I told my mom what I tried to do, and she agreed I shouldn't go to school anymore. I got professional therapy, and the next year I went and got my GED.

If anyone's wondering, I'm doing much better now smile.gif

For me, it is high school. I am so overwhelmed with schoolwork! Tests all of the time, tons of homework every night...plus, standardized testing, AP tests, finals, and after school activites. As far as I remember, elementary school was absolutely great for me. Middle school wasn't the best, but it sure wasn't bad. I definitely would consider high school my worst time in life so far. Maybe it is because I am stressed beyond belief...or because I get like NO sleep...

I suppose college might be worse than high school, but I have yet to experience college. I guess I'll find out in a few years! Hopefully it isn't worse than my high school experience!

6th grade and freshman year. I was the fat girl in middle school and got picked on a lot. One time this girl drew a picture of me on the white board and she made me look like a pumpkin. In freshman year I was constantly harassed by this one guy and he would always start drama with me and a friend of mine. I lost friends and I gained some. Those years were rough. :/

My worst times were in middle school because that's where the bullying started to happen :/

At first, all I did was not speak because, you know, new school and stuff? I was nervous >.> There were all new people who I had never seen before. Not long after school started, these guys started picking on me for who knows why. That made me not talk even more and it went on all through middle school. Not with the same people but different. I had developed an anxiety problem from the bullying and a kind of social phobia. I ended up never talking all through middle school and high school. People knew of me and knew that I never talked and always asked me why :/ I now wish I could have told them but...my anxieties and phobias stopped me.

Basically, I never had a very good school experience but middle school was the worst.

I'd have to say ... Right now, high school sucks. Most people are inconsiderate, and foolish. It's quite annoying (although I'm not saying I'm better). Also, there are so many expectations, is really annoying and stressful.

Middle School for sure. I don't want to get into too much detail with it but I was also bullied and kind of labeled as weird for having social anxiety. High school was bad just not as bad as middle. I'm hoping college will be better.

Middle school was definitely the worst for me. The kids were evil. No one was out of radar for bullying and being made fun of for the stupidest reasons. I was harassed because I had (and still have) a woman's size 10 shoe. Seriously, being made fun of for shoe size??

I'm currently a sophomore in college and am having the time of my life. Most of the people here really seem to enjoy themselves. We're all "grown ups" now and act accordingly. (usually).

Growing up, I was one of those kids that wasn't popular yet never got bothered in terms of bullying. Everyone always just left me alone. I had some friends who were bullied over the years but they never came for me.

My worst time was the end of my junior year to what was my short senior year. My dad lost his job and was unable to get another. My mom's hours were cut at work and our rent and bills kept piling up until we became homeless. Also, the same day the courts said for sure "get out" my grandpa died, found out my uncle from the same side of the family had died over the summer alone. No one had stuff to contact the family so he was buried some random place and my cat that I was very close to had to be put down cause he had a tumor we couldn't afford to have removed.

The stress of becoming homeless, living 45 minutes away from my school in a house with 3 other people I didn't know and 6 dogs without internet or cable was too much for me to handle and I ended up dropping out of school. Also was sharing a rather small room with my mother and our other cat who is kind of sick.

I cannot predict the future and therefore can only speak for the fourteen years I've lived on Earth so far, and I must say that it all depends on what we're judging... the worst what? Stress, relationships, classwork, family and home life, it all depends. For me, there is no worst over all; every year has its worst something and its best something.

I'll go down in order of grades as far as I can remember.

9th Grade(High School): Current grade. It's my first year of high school and therefore the classwork is a fairly large factor at the moment, though stress not so much. Having dated one person in my life for less than a month, and having a very large crush on a close friend, the relationship factor is also quite frustrating. I believe this is my current worst for classwork, though I am iffy on relationships, as it is nearing the horror of eighth grade but isn't quite there yet. Family/home life is all fine and dandy, and has been throughout each grade.

8th Grade(Middle School): By far my best as far as classwork.. It wasn't easily done like earlier grades, which likely put a sense of responsibility on me and caused me to have the best grades of any previous grade. Stress was zero. However, this was the year of relationship and dating drama and just drama in general among my friends, and my absolute worst year for relationships and emotions.

7th Grade(Middle School): A very averaged out year, likely why it was one of my favorites. I did well enough on classwork(A's and B's, with a rare C.) and had nothing as far as stress and family/home life. Relationships were kind of annoying, but I hadn't worried that much about dating until this point that it wasn't near as frustrating as the following years.

6th Grade(Middle School): Once again, averaged year. The classwork was actually a quite bit more difficult and stressful than usual(It might have something to do with the fact that my favorite subject, science, was on my least favorite branch of it all year xd.png). But, it was fun. Relationships weren't a problem as much of a fun little quirk; I recall liking a friend of mine who also liked me, but we said nothing of it until after we had gotten over each other.

Any place past that was basically the same with no relationship problems; Average classwork, not too bad and doing fairly well, perfect family life, and no stress.

So, with the way things are going, I'm predicting that my worst years will be in highschool, though currently they are middle school. Of course, I don't know what to expect any time past highschool, so my prediction could be very wrong. :3

AHAHAHAHAH. I wrote this near the beginning of this year(not even a quarter of 9th grade done). Now that our third quarter is about to end, I can answer my life so far a bit better.

9th Grade(High School): Current grade. The classwork is very iffy from class to class; Biology, History, Arts, and Computer tech are all extremely easy. Health and Gym are pretty average, not difficult or easy. English and Geometry, however, are utter nightmarish excuses for classwork. Crazy amount of stress from those two classes. And then, dear lord, relationships and drama. I'm not involved in any of the drama, but since that guy I still like very much is basically the utter king of causing it(hey, if I could stop liking him, I... well, okay, I wouldn't, but I would if this gets any more unbearable.), I get sucked into the horribly depressing effects of it. Not to mention my other friends keep getting themselves into some carp, this is many, many times worse than 8th was. Family life is still stable and perfectly fine, thank god.

Now, I have a lot of things to be thankful for, too. In 8th, I only had a handful of friends.. around seven. I've more than doubled that to at least eighteen now, which is always fun because I've got friends in pretty much every class now. :3

I enjoyed all my schools to varying degrees, but Imma say primary school (5-10); because there was a sad amount of cattiness going around back then. xd.png

Also, people thought that (as a girl) you couldn't be friends with a guy unless you were going out with them.

Hmm, yeah. But even that school was pretty cool. I made some great friends and got to spend my days running around, pretending I was a dragon; with a bunch of friends. xd.png

Edited by Thorn

I would say elementary school because I didn't know the kids were bulling me and making fun of me behind my back. By the time I realized it they were all against me. I brought toys to school just so I wouldn't be completely alone and would talk to them. Which didn't help but hey, it worked for me at the time. I had given up trying to talk to other kids.

I got my first friends in middle school (and they've stuck with me to this day) but my teachers flat out told my parents something was wrong with me because of the way I would freeze around other kids.

High school landed me in the special ed program which was the best thing that had happened to me. I was labeled an anime loving, art freak and it didn't bother me for once. I carried that with pride for all 4 years

Now just months away from graduating college as an animator specializing in 2D animation. Take that bullies, I found a place where I belong.

I think for me it was elementary school. I was a stupid kid who picked on a lot of people because I was afraid of getting picked on myself. Which I guess I never really did, so who knows. I can't remember how I got talked out of it but I know eventually I came to realize what a jerk I was being.

Tbh, each period sucked for their own reasons.

Edited by MURDERcomplexx

High School. That was when people seriously started picking on me. They made fun of my love of reading(if I didn't watch my stuff, they would take it and hide it, particularly my books), as well as the fact that I am not pretty. It didn't help me any that I was fairly naive regarding certain subjects, and had a great time getting me to say things that would embarrass me. What was worse was in my Senior year, not only did the people bothering me continue to do so, but my "friends" abandoned me. The worst part of it was that they left me to hang out with my younger brother. It hurt that they would come over and wouldn't even ask about me, and the few times I interjected I felt unwanted.

In elementary school, they also made fun of me, but I had a group of good friends, so it really didn't bother me much. In middle school, they had stopped, and I still had my group of friends.

Edited by Nectaris

My school life has been pretty easy, certainly compared to most of you. I was never really bullied at all (except once, but once I told the teacher I stopped), or picked on. If I was to choose one school life that was the hardest, I guess Primary school (7 or 8 I don't remember to 11) since I only had one friend during my first year and then she left me after the second, although I did have another friend, but them two both fought with each other. It was also the one time I got bullied. The other two years were a lot better since I made more friends. I really didn't like my 4th year teacher though...