TJ09

2012-10-25 - Halloween Begins

I snagged a gold egg of the AP but now I dont know if I should keep it or save space for the New eggs.. blink.gif What to do.. What to do..

I'd gladly give it a home if you are offering.

Halloween related:

>mfw the eggs will drop (for me) today at 11pm

I really hope I catch this Halloween's dragon.

Too cool. You really do learn something new every day.  laugh.gif Thanks for sharing your knowledge. That really is pretty awesome.

Then citrine it is for the pretty Halloween geodes.

Yes.. citrine would be a close enough color match to the geode halloween costume. The normal geode color would be more along the lines of chalcedony.

Geodes and Thundereggs were the first types of rocks I ever learn to cut on a diamond tooth rock/slab saw. smile.gif You learn that the heaviest "eggs" were likely thundereggs while the lighter ones were geodes, but it was still a lottery on whether you got lucky to get one with really nice crystals or not-so-nice crystals. smile.gif

I snagged a gold egg of the AP but now I dont know if I should keep it or save space for the New eggs..  blink.gif What to do.. What to do..

You could always gift it to someone on the Gold Gifting thread... people who have zero or 1 gold dragons. That's what I do with a lot of my gold dragons. Many of them would be thrilled to give up a potential halloween egg slot for a pretty gold treat. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=100326

Edited by WraithZephyr

35 Aliset items

59 ToTs

----------

thats all I can think of as well, TwilightKnight...

========================

Hi WraithZepher, good to see you again... biggrin.gif

I'm panicking right now, I didn't time my BSA dragons right and I would give my eye teeth for just one or two more red dragon on my scroll right now, would kill for a low time red mature hatchie to fly through the AP! I'm going to have only one egg slot open by then and I LOVE the eggies I've caught so far.....I can't just drop them!! *wails*

My problem also was not enough "Reds". Have to raise a gang of them this coming year...

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me how busy does the cave gets on the new egg drops? I missed this year's Valentine's day & somehow managed to grab the new Christmas dragons last Christmas (which was so long ago...)

VERY, VERY BUSY, TO THE NTH DEGREE

Edited by Husky51

I'm panicking right now, I didn't time my BSA dragons right and I would give my eye teeth for just one or two more red dragon on my scroll right now, would kill for a low time red mature hatchie to fly through the AP! I'm going to have only one egg slot open by then and I LOVE the eggies I've caught so far.....I can't just drop them!! *wails*

You can always ask around some of your DC friends who have reds to spare, and see if they'd be willing to influence, incubate, and hatch some of your eggs and then send the hatchlings back to you....

You can always ask around some of your DC friends who have reds to spare, and see if they'd be willing to influence, incubate, and hatch some of your eggs and then send the hatchlings back to you....

*sighs* I've actually only been really active on the DC forums for the last month or so. I....*coughs awkwardly* don't really have any friends on the DC yet. laugh.gif

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me how busy does the cave gets on the new egg drops? I missed this year's Valentine's day & somehow managed to grab the new Christmas dragons last Christmas (which was so long ago...)

It gets pretty crazy! It is much better now that we have biomes than when it was all one cave, though.

I am very anxious to catch as many of the new eggs as possible. If I catch more than 2, I will be gifting some of them to those who have lost power in the storm.

I hope I do better with zombies than I did last year. I got two adults, but all my hatchies crumbled to dust! I have 7 little tombstones sitting at the bottom of my scroll now waiting for the chance to be zombies!

Curious does it matter when you attempt zombies on Halloween? (as far as day or night being better or worse?)

Soo quick question. If I have a friend that would be willing to Incubate an egg for me, how does the trading work? So far I've figured this out:

1) I transfer the egg(s) to the person.

2) They BSA incu-hatch what needs to be, the egg(s) become hatchie(s).

O_O

Then what? Is there a cool-down time on the inch-hatched hatchie(s) before my friend can trade them back? I've never done this sort of helping trade back before.

Curious does it matter when you attempt zombies on Halloween? (as far as day or night being better or worse?)

I don't think it makes any difference. The only thing I've read is that it has to be on the 31st... DC time and for me, that is 9pm-9pm...

I don't think it makes any difference. The only thing I've read is that it has to be on the 31st... DC time and for me, that is 9pm-9pm...

Thanks, just wanted to be sure heh

Soo quick question. If I have a friend that would be willing to Incubate an egg for me, how does the trading work? So far I've figured this out:

O_O

Then what? Is there a cool-down time on the inch-hatched hatchie(s) before my friend can trade them back? I've never done this sort of helping trade back before.

Your friend can give them back to you the moment they hatch.

I really, really hate that I have to work in the morning. I won't be able to see the new release when it starts! Hope I'll be able to catch some after work.

O_O

Just remember the egg will lose whatever influence you've already put on it, because teleport essentially washes an egg clean of all previous BSA's.

The easiest and fastest way to do it is:

1. Wait until the egg is down to 5d oh, or 4d 23h. That way, once incubated, it'll just take as long as an ER or three can hatch it before you get it back ^^

2. Once it's down to less than 5 days, teleport it to your friend.

3. Have your friend gender influence it, if desired.

4. Have your friend incubate it.

5. ER until hatching.

6. Teleport back. (no cooldown time or need to wait.)

Done this way, you can usually finish the whole process in less than 10 minutes. :3

I have 5 dead CB whites that all have at least one adult with a different cb shadow walker. Hopefully at least two of them go zombie.

I'm trying to use up my remaining vampire bites today to send a few final eggs to the ap, but so far, they are just being murderous. I think I only got 3 vamps this month out of them. Unfortunately, that also means I'll be egg-locked tonight. But I'm content to wait to catch in the morning.

I'm still utterly happy that we got an extra day to breed and trade. That was awesome happy.gif

So, dumb question for yall, because I cant figure out... how to calculate halloween time, for me? I'm in seattle. Haha.

waitwaitiwait. it's three hours LATER, right? which just means 9pm for me? Okay. I cant wait to try to make zombies! Though, I thought I had one more day to attempt a dragon-slaying for a zombie rezzing. =/

Edited by girlgamerjen

A question about the ToTing-

If you've collected all of the candy for that year, shouldn't your bucket be full? Unless TJ added one and I'm missing something, because I have all 59 yet my bucket is still at the rim... D:

Still never got that answered. sad.gif

Well, just tried biting four caveborns...and my vampires killed EVERY SINGLE ONE. Gee, thanks, guys (and gals). Now that I have two egg spots left for the Halloween release, I think I'll stop there. tongue.gif

Despite having been on DC a good, long while, what's up with the zombie stuff? I've never even tried it.

So, dumb question for yall, because I cant figure out... how to calculate halloween time, for me? I'm in seattle. Haha.

waitwaitiwait. it's three hours LATER, right? which just means 9pm for me? Okay. I cant wait to try to make zombies! Though, I thought I had one more day to attempt a dragon-slaying for a zombie rezzing. =/

I'm in Portland, so I'm in the same timezone as you. Midnight DC time is 9 pm our time, so the Halloween drop starts 9 pm 10/30 and ends 9 pm 10/31 for us.

For future reference Allure of Neglected Dragons has a clock that shows cave time.