TJ09

2012-10-25 - Halloween Begins

Question to the older members:

Will the halloween eggs be always available in the cave for 24 hours like that of Christmas or would they drop only during hourly drop time??

The eggs follow the usual drop cycles, and tend to get scooped up fast.

So usually, you will see the biggest drop at the on-the-hour drop, and often it lasts less than the full 5 minutes because they get grabbed pretty fast.

Then you'll see much smaller drops at each quarter hour.

I honestly can't remember whether there are drops on the 5-minute marks; if there are, they are so small that it's practically refresh-once-and-you'll-miss-it.

In any case, they do go fast. So if you visit the cave off the hour and don't see any eggs *anywhere*, it's not because they're not dropping. It's because they've all been grabbed and you have to wait for the next drop cycle ^.^

Then you'll see much smaller drops at each quarter hour.

blink.gif So in terms of egg numbers 1 hour drops > 15 min drops > 5 min drops?

Didn't know that 15 min ones were bigger then five minutes drops. *takes note*

Hi!

May I ask a question?

I got the sandwich in the Aliset event so...

That's the new secret object maybe what TJ referred or I can use it somewhere to get some more things?

THX 4 the replies!

Hi!

May I ask a question?

I got the sandwich in the Aliset event so...

That's the new secret object maybe what TJ referred or I can use it somewhere to get some more things?

THX 4 the replies!

Yes, that's the secret object, and it seems you can't use it for anything else.

Yes! Got the sandwich, sure looks yummy! Though I'm not too sure when the drop will happen for me here... They'll start dropping 31st Oct 0:00am EST, is that right? >.<

Edited by Nicoleong9

maybe they're yellow sapphires (which do exist), though I'm not sure if sapphires grow in geodes either...

alt (amethyst) geodes? Yes please! Very much! tongue.gif

Sapphires are corundum (ruby is corundum too) which need high pressure and heat to form (like diamonds do). The trace minerals in the ground at the time of formation is what determines the color like yellow, red, blue, etc.

Geodes are simply air pockets within the ground and the outer edges have over time solidified into rock or air bubbles are trapped in molten lava that then hardens. Mineral rich groundwater leeches through the rock shell and crystals begin to form inside the air space - mostly quartz based crystals such as chalcedony, amethyst, citrine, etc. If the air pocket inside the geode fills all they to the very center the geode is then called a Thunderegg.

And who else is hoping for a bunch of successful zombie revives? biggrin.gif

Meeeeee ! TOTAL failure last year, so...

Sapphires are corundum (ruby is corundum too) which need high pressure and heat to form (like diamonds do). The trace minerals in the ground at the time of formation is what determines the color like yellow, red, blue, etc.

Geodes are simply air pockets within the ground and the outer edges have over time solidified into rock or air bubbles are trapped in molten lava that then hardens. Mineral rich groundwater leeches through the rock shell and crystals begin to form inside the air space - mostly quartz based crystals such as chalcedony, amethyst, citrine, etc. If the air pocket inside the geode fills all they to the very center the geode is then called a Thunderegg.

Too cool. You really do learn something new every day. laugh.gif Thanks for sharing your knowledge. That really is pretty awesome.

Then citrine it is for the pretty Halloween geodes.

Can't wait to start catching the new eggs and reviving zombies. biggrin.gif Halloween, here I come! Thanks again to TJ and everyone else who made all these events possible :3

I am assuming we'll only be allowed to have two as in the past, right? Or are the Halloween eggs not limited?

Halloween eggs aren't limited, you can keep as many as you can grab. smile.gif

Question, can you trade over new eggs after Halloween? I'm probably not going to be able to get on Dragcave at Halloween.

Question, can you trade over new eggs after Halloween? I'm probably not going to be able to get on Dragcave at Halloween.

Yes.

The new eggs will act the same way the plain old regular eggs do, so you'll be able to teleport them as usual.

Yes.

The new eggs will act the same way the plain old regular eggs do, so you'll be able to teleport them as usual.

That's great, then. Thanks smile.gif

Halloween eggs aren't limited, you can keep as many as you can grab. smile.gif

Oh shoot! I was thinking we were only allowed two, so I didn't worry about having other eggs. Guess I'm going to have to get rid of a few.

Yes! Got the sandwich, sure looks yummy! Though I'm not too sure when the drop will happen for me here... They'll start dropping 31st Oct 0:00am EST, is that right? >.<

Go here: Neglected Dragon Daycare

The clock in the upper-right corner of the page shows you the current Dragon Cave time. Just compare it to your time and it should be easy to figure out.

For example, right now, the time where I live is around 12:40 pm, while the Dragon Cave time is about 1:35 pm. So I can work out that Dragon Cave time is about 1 hour ahead of me.

I snagged a gold egg of the AP but now I dont know if I should keep it or save space for the New eggs.. blink.gif What to do.. What to do..

I've read a lot of people bemoaning the fact that the Halloween costumes will be gone after the holiday.

Do like I do, simply click "save picture" and put them in a file folder in your "pictures".......................

Looking forward to tonight, but I have a commitment at my start time, 9PM, so I won't be able to start hunting until at least 10-10:30PM.... ^#%(@+$!!!

lol

I only want two for myself and if I can get them, I'll try to get more to gift them to anyone affected by the Sandy... That is assuming that I'll be able to chtch any... lol

@Majors...

gift it to someone who needs one and then quit hunting... lol

Edited by Husky51

Meeeeee ! TOTAL failure last year, so...

not me, definitely not...only have 3 dead ones, since others decided to go green xd.png

still have 2 hatchies to try :3

from last year statistics:

had 11 hatchies

3 of them turned ND

left with 8 tombstones

only one of them went zombie

so you actually have better chance on turning one hatch to ND, than to zombie.

Just had a thought.... The Guardian Dragon costumes...they could be Paladins! biggrin.gif

I snagged a gold egg of the AP but now I dont know if I should keep it or save space for the New eggs.. blink.gif What to do.. What to do..

I'd gladly take it off your hands xd.png

*joking*

not me, definitely not...only have 3 dead ones, since others decided to go green xd.png

still have 2 hatchies to try :3

from last year statistics:

had 11 hatchies

3 of them turned ND

left with 8 tombstones

only one of them went zombie

so you actually have better chance on turning one hatch to ND, than to zombie.

ND???