TJ09

2012-10-25 - Halloween Begins

This event has inspired me to write this xd.png

Why the~Censor evasion removed~am I sitting here? Of all the places I could sit, it's here. In this room. Where all my loved ones died. Where the walls and furniture have been eaten away by moths. I stared out the window unceasingly, watching the screaming boys and girls race to the next house to ring the doorbell to get their candy.

"~Censor evasion removed~ this ~Censor evasion removed~," I muttered. I finally pulled my gaze from that window. As I was about to leave the room, I took a last look in the room. I remembered my sister looking out the window at the curious crow on her windowsill. I remembered seeing her giggle as the crow tilted his head. But I could see the look in his eyes, his body language. I didnt want to tell my 7-year old sister. I regret it.

Something called to me. 'Come back to the window.. Neva.. come back....' I closed my eyes and dashed to the stairs, nearly tripped and broke my neck, but survived. I grabbed my coat and my car keys and ran outside the plain house.

Taking a deep breath, I looked around. I hadn't been outside in months. I had a look at my bottom torso. It was very thin. I looked at my clothes. They were full of dust and dirt.

"Nice costume, miss!" screams a little boy at me. I looked at him. Almost immediately he turned and ran away screaming for his friends.

What was wrong? Was it my face? I hadn't slept in days, I must have black eyes. I rubbed them and walked to my rusty, old car full of cobwebs. I put my key in the door, unlocked it, and opened the door. I carelessly waved away the cobwebs and sat in the chair, which groaned. C'mon. I have barely eaten anything. How the h*ll is it groaning?

I yawned and started my car. I know it was stupid to drive before I even had a nap, but I'd better get into the social life soon, or else I'll die and no one would know who I was. Not that anyone'd care of course,~Censor evasion removed~ no. I wondered if my doorbell still worked.

Edited by _Z_

Oh, yeah, And The Neglecteds too. It's kinda sad ;_;

Is anyone able to confirm this? I really hope it's just a rumour - I have yet to get my favourite dragon ever D:

Is anyone able to confirm this? I really hope it's just a rumour - I have yet to get my favourite dragon ever D:

well i saw something bout discontinuing the zombies on wiki, but that was also YEARS ago. so i don't really think its true.

I don't think so, 34 is the consensus on items for the event, and I stopped getting ToT items after 33 (so far, anyway, I suppose more could always be added)

Thanks, KageSora!

Thanks to TJ and all involved in the search event. It's a treat all in itself. smile.gif Can't wait to see what you came up with for the new dragon, and loving some of the costumes our current loves are wearing on our scrolls.

My favorites, in no particular order:

shadow walkers (like they needed help with that? xd.png)

cheeses (expect to see them in the next Budweiser Superbowl commercial)

sunstone merdragons

neglected horse dragons (want these all year, because green is beautiful)

what ARE the alt blacks wearing? (cool, regardless)

spitfires (love that recolor and wouldn't mind seeing that all year, either, but I'd miss my copper and turquoise babies)

royal bumble bees and lady bugs

Yay! Haunted Village AND Trick or Treat!

I can't seem to get the trick or treat to work though...I was able to grab the first item, but no others have shown up in about 2 hours. Is each item assigned a specific hiding spot, or is it like easter?

Thanks, KageSora!

Thanks to TJ and all involved in the search event. It's a treat all in itself. smile.gif Can't wait to see what you came up with for the new dragon, and loving some of the costumes our current loves are wearing on our scrolls.

My favorites, in no particular order:

shadow walkers (like they needed help with that? xd.png)

cheeses (expect to see them in the next Budweiser Superbowl commercial)

sunstone merdragons

neglected horse dragons (want these all year, because green is beautiful)

what ARE the alt blacks wearing? (cool, regardless)

spitfires (love that recolor and wouldn't mind seeing that all year, either, but I'd miss my copper and turquoise babies)

royal bumble bees and lady bugs

the alt blacks are roosters i think.

I am loving this. I have finished the haunted village and am still collecting trick or treat items. I have only bred one pair of my dragons so far. Some of them are still on cooldown, but I will be able to breed them all before the end of the breeding window.

I love, love, love the scroll dragons' costumes. I laughed so hard at the stones trying to convince us that they are green dinos -- complete with the shoes. There are some very clever ideas there and I would just like to thank everyone who contributed to the fun.

the alt blacks are roosters i think.

Ah, thank you. I was torn between rooster and parrot. smile.gif

Woot, I have 33 Trick or Treats and 34 Haunted town items. biggrin.gif

I can't seem to get the trick or treat to work though...I was able to grab the first item, but no others have shown up in about 2 hours. Is each item assigned a specific hiding spot, or is it like easter?

They just kind of randomly came up the longer I was on the site. Try visiting different pages, and don't look in the same place (they popped up everywhere!).

I have had so much fun today--a lot of thought and care went into the Hallowe'en fun and it shows. Thanks to everyone that made this happen! smile.gif

how many haunted town items should there be? I hate these 'choose your own adventure thingies lol, but I've got less tahn 40 so I guess I'm not done yet!

how many haunted town items should there be? I hate these 'choose your own adventure thingies lol, but I've got less tahn 40 so I guess I'm not done yet!

34 items

Yay halloween.

33/34 on the adventure town minigame. Spent more than an hour trying to find the last one (map) when I should have been doing other things wink.gif. Still haven't found it though.

Actually managed to get a Pumpkin dragon this year too.

doh, I am stuck at 31 and going round in circles trying to find what I missed, thank you for your confirmation

Yay halloween.

33/34 on the adventure town minigame. Spent more than an hour trying to find the last one (map) when I should have been doing other things wink.gif. Still haven't found it though.

Actually managed to get a Pumpkin dragon this year too.

For the map, you gotta go back to the shops, you will notice a new shop has become unlocked for you. biggrin.gif

MINTY NINJAS! My Ninja-named Mint army is now appropriately attired!

user posted image

It's like Halloween and Christmas all rolled into one!

doh, I am stuck at 31 and going round in circles trying to find what I missed, thank you for your confirmation

I found it helpful to wander around town and duck in and out a few places more than one time. Seems I 'overlooked' something the first time or two. wink.gif

Oh man, any hope these costumes will be available/visible somehow from now on? Some are so awesome! Maybe new alts? smile.gif

Unlikely, as the Christmas outfits weren't permanent additions.

but perhaps they could be yearly things, and we'd see 'em again next year? (Not that I'd mind some of these as alts, mind you, that would be nice)

I click and save them so that I can look at them later...

=====================

When I started the Mystery Village trip there were only 5 pages in this thread, now up to 46. There was no way to tell how many items or ToT's there wwere so I just kept going until I didn't get any more.

Found out then about the 34 items and 33 ToT...

I see many, many people asking the same "How many?" question when just five or ten posts prior to theirs, their questions are answered.... Like in the village, ya gotta READ the texts...

Regardless, Hope everyone has had or is having a great time.

Off to off some fodder...

Thanks for a great event and the beautiful costumes for the dragons!!!! biggrin.gif This year I've managed to get eggs from all the Halloween dragons I've missed earlier, so yay \o/

The Haunted Village is taunting me though... only found 30/34 so far *sighs* I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, but so far it seems to me that I've been through every single possible nook and cranny in that place... will things pop up later in places I've already looked? It's a great story anyway, and the trick and treat items are awesome smile.gif)

I click and save them so that I can look at them later...

=====================

When I started the Mystery Village trip there were only 5 pages in this thread, now up to 46. There was no way to tell how many items or ToT's there wwere so I just kept going until I didn't get any more.

Found out then about the 34 items and 33 ToT...

I see many, many people asking the same "How many?" question when just five or ten posts prior to theirs, their questions are answered.... Like in the village, ya gotta READ the texts...

Regardless, Hope everyone has had or is having a great time.

Off to off some fodder...

I think the issue is that the thread moves fairly quickly, so it can be easy to miss a post here or there. And most people don't want to read through 40+pages looking for it, assuming the answer won't be close to their own post.

This has probably been mentioned before but...remember the rainbow chicken from last year? I know they don't look quite the same, but still...what if the roasted chicken you find was from that chicken? .__.

On a side note, I'm quite proud of myself. I found all of the items on my own this year. ^^ Last year I had to look to this thread to find the rainbow chicken.