TJ09

2012-10-25 - Halloween Begins

If I can't breed, others can't breed... so there is nothing to catch... going to bed (sitting in Europe) - Good Night!

Ah! I'm usually pretty good at guessing acronyms.

I was stumped.

I'm tempted to use earthquake on my eggies when the BSA page is not erring.

unsure.gif

I do not know if it is only my imagination, but I have the feeling that there were more Halloween eggs flooding in the AP last year. This year it looks nearly empty...

The monster mash?

Don't forget Dead Man's Party

And is anyone else having a HELL of a time trying to load the forum right now?

I think a new tradition is in order. Much like Christmas with carol singers coming round to your doors, we require the One eyed, one horned, flying, purple, people eater, to serenade you with Thriller and then devour you.

Trick or treat? xd.png

And is anyone else having a HELL of a time trying to load the forum right now?

I think everyone is. e_o I certainly am.

We could all sing "This is Halloween" from Nightmare Before Christmas!

At least it's mostly the forums giving problems and not so much the site itself...I've had no problem doing the Event (which I loved), breeding, releasing, catching, and Trick or Treating so far.

I hope all the problems get sorted out soon.

glad to know i'm not the only one...

I'm just glad that its the forum for me and not the site itself. This is the first year that I have gotten to do the trick or treating... so I'm totally jazzed!

Yes. Me. laugh.gif "Well, that looks shiny. Guess I'll take it." "Oh look, a rainbow chicken. Looks tasty. Wonder if it's related to this one I got last year..."

I'm on 31 items and struggling with where to go from here. Not to worry, I'll find my way!

Question: does everyone see this sentence in the Dragon Crafts stall? "The one on the end is quite majestic, rearing up with a roar, but it’s not a breed you’ve ever seen. The label beneath says only, “GoN.” How strange." Or is that message only seen by the folks who don't have a GoN on their scroll?  ninja.gif

NB: Wowwwww, are the forums running slow/over capacity. Took multiple tries to get this to post.

I saw that message and I have one

Question: does everyone see this sentence in the Dragon Crafts stall? "The one on the end is quite majestic, rearing up with a roar, but it’s not a breed you’ve ever seen. The label beneath says only, “GoN.” How strange." Or is that message only seen by the folks who don't have a GoN on their scroll? ninja.gif

I think everyone gets that message. I know I did, even though I own a GoN.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved for all the work you did!! <333

I spent a great day having fun with breeding, catching treats, haunting in Aliset (I guess we'll know how it will end during next year's Halloween event biggrin.gif) and specially looking at all the dragons in costume!! xd.pngxd.png Can't wait to see if in the following days even the other dragons will get one biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The bad point was the forum's lag, who made really annoying communicating with traders and giftees sad.gif

And I got all 34 items and 33 tricks, so I think I have done correctly all the tasks rolleyes.gif

But there's something I don't understand, the when you get the map it says that "you see a path/road you have never see", so I went around in search of it. Maybe it's too early and I'll find it only on next year? laugh.gif

Hints for those people missing the last two items (highlight below to see):

Map- Go back to the shops.  There should be a new one unlocked.  It'll literally say "unlocked shop"

Moon- Go out of the village and click on the option that says "go pass the village and head to the next one."  If you've done everything correctly then you should be able to get the moon.

I can't find those sad.gif

What do you have to do to unlock the shop? I visited them all more than once and still nada.

Sigh.

Edit: Found them biggrin.gif

Edited by Naughtrish

I do not know if it is only my imagination, but I have the feeling that there were more Halloween eggs flooding in the AP last year. This year it looks nearly empty...

Perhaps that's because this year, all newly bred eggs appear in the top front row in the AP. That means that there are more people in one spot trying to catch the eggs, so they get snagged quite quickly (which makes this year's eggs harder to catch than last year's). That's why it looks like there are less eggs: blink and they're gone. It kind of reminds me of the old Cave (before all the biomes appeared), catching eggs was difficult back then in very much the same way.

I prefer the old way of abandoning holiday eggs to the AP, i.e. them being scattered all over the AP. It made hunting that much more fun (it was always a surprise where eggs would pop up next), plus less difficult as well. It was aesthetically more pleasing as well (with all those colourful eggs giving the AP some life), since now the AP looks kind of boring, pretty lifeless with all those same old, ordinary dragon eggs there. unsure.gif

But well, that's just my opinion. smile.gif

Edited by Duysterwald

Ah, another Dragon Cave Halloween... the joys of the season happy.gif

Thanks TJ and staffers! And Happy Hunting/Breeding/Halloween to everyone!

does the holiday breeding mean that from now to october 31 the chance of an undead dragon has increased?

The forum FINALLY decided to respond. Great time for lagging, eh? dry.gif

But on another note, YAY HALLOWEEN. biggrin.gif

does the holiday breeding mean that from now to october 31 the chance of an undead dragon has increased?

No, the chances are only increased on the 31st itself.

On the Trick or Treat, I found a ghost and a bat and nothing else. Wooooow.

By the way, for Aliset people, if your stuck:

Check the Dragon Crafts store again after you have all the other items!

*Cries* Forgot I was egglocked... went hunting, clicked on a marrow and got overburdened message. Checked the lineage. Turns out it was a 2nd gen from Marrow x Holly. *Sniff* I'll never forget you little marrow. Never.

I prefer the old way of abandoning holiday eggs to the AP, i.e. them being scattered all over the AP. It made hunting that much more fun (it was always a surprise where eggs would pop up next), plus less difficult as well. It was aesthetically more pleasing as well (with all those colourful eggs giving the AP some life), since now the AP looks kind of boring, pretty lifeless with all those same old, ordinary dragon eggs there. unsure.gif

But well, that's just my opinion. smile.gif

I completely agree with you - catching eggs was much more fun and dynamic last year, now it's much more difficult to catch pretty much anything. :S

But the Haunted House and the Trick or treat event is very enjoyable - thank you TJ & co. for a neat new event! smile.gif

Thank you TJ, writers and spriters for yet another fantastic Halloween story, and trick or treat, and the lovely costumes for our dragons smile.gif

Can't wait for the new release biggrin.gif

So much fun! I think I finished the Aliset village one, but I'm not sure. How many items should I have, and which ones are missing?

user posted image