TJ09

2012-10-25 - Halloween Begins

Did you have a bucket for the original event? I think that may be playing a part, because my daughter only got 13 treats from the last event, and every treat from this one, and still has a mostly empty one. Its the only logical guess i have for this.

Windnose: 35.

You must be right, it's the only solution that makes sense. Pity I missed that 2010 Halloween then. Oh well, maybe next year my bucket will be full.

Thanks for the responses.

My 34th item is the sandwich. Can someone please tell me where the 2nd new item is?

ETA: I did have all the items until TJ added these two new ones.

Whoa--wait. Two new items? In Aliset? Where?

Whoa--wait. Two new items? In Aliset? Where?

There was only one new item added to Aliset. Originally Aliset had 34 and TJ added one more for 35.

While I have very much enjoyed this event, I can't help but feel like the atmosphere has been. Well. Flattened?

Meh, maybe I'll feel better once the drop begins, but we can't always get what we want. Until then, thank you everyone for the ToT, Aliset Adventure and the Dress Up. I also managed to obtain my first zombies, so very happy.

Thank you again, and on with the Saturday drop. smile.gif

While I have very much enjoyed this event, I can't help but feel like the atmosphere has been. Well. Flattened?

Meh, maybe I'll feel better once the drop begins, but we can't always get what we want. Until then, thank you everyone for the ToT, Aliset Adventure and the Dress Up. I also managed to obtain my first zombies, so very happy.

You took my post before I typed it XP

Wohoow! 5 new zombie hatchies, 1 new adult male zombie and 2 revives. And still one more kill to go.... biggrin.gif

Happy Halloween!

New update: I used my last kill on an ungendered hatchie and it became a zombie.

I have 1 new ungendered zombie hatchie, 5 new gendered zombie hatchies and 1 new male zombie smile.gif

Edited by BlueIce

I can not believe my eyes ... I just tried to get zombie... killed a dragon... only 1 dragon! ... and I got a zombie on the first try! wub.gif Lucky day!!!

Congrats! You're very lucky. 3 Halloweens and no adult. Luckily, I got my first 5 S2s today. Now I have some Zombies <3 wub.gif

Yes, this exactly. I am living alone in a foreign country and basically this Halloween thing is what kept me going for the last few weeks, the anticipation, the planning... With this anticlimactic ending I feel completely lost. I have spent the day blobbing not knowing what to do. I wish I could see my family or my friends but I can't so I was counting on this celebration to be the next best thing.

I'm not resentful or angry or anything, it's just a really weird feeling... Thuban you probably thought I was complaining earlier and I'm sorry about that.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. I guess I needed to get it out.

How do you get the new Aliset item?

Update:

Aliset: apparently not completed

Shadow Walkers: Got em!

Marrows:Got em!

Trick or Treat: Not yet

Zombie attempt: Failure

Vamp attempt: Failure

Anyone want any pumpkins?

Edited by arya10

The only thing that has occurred to me in all this is, would the egg drop have been delayed if the Frankenstorm was happening anywhere else in the world, like Japan or Madagascar or something? DC has users worldwide, and the community here is absolutely amazing about helping anyone suffering real-life problems that get in the way of a special event. While the people without internet due to the storm may not have been able to hoard a half dozen eggs each or more, they certainly would have been able to get at least a couple due to others' aid.

Having considered that, I'd rather not get upset about it. So I've decided to look at this change of events with the following perspective:

1 - Maybe TJ delayed it because he felt that he personally wouldn't be able to babysit the new egg drop and fix glitches on the fly today, due to however the storm is affecting his personal life and loved ones. So he chose to focus on RL today and be there for the people who need him, and be able to focus completely on the new egg release when it happens.

2 - And/or, maybe he was worried about the DC servers going down mid-drop due to the storm. I seem to recall that they were located in its area of effect. It could potentially cause huuuuge problems for the server/s to go down for several hours during a single-day release; so, much better to reschedule for when they are certain to be okay.

3 - More time for me to make sure I have free egg slots!

Has this whole chain of events caused inconvenience to me? Yeah, it has. I spam-bred my remaining Halloween dragons while egg-locked because I knew I wouldn't have time to hatch those eggs before the new release. Which then got delayed. If I'd known that would happen, I would have bred later so I could keep some of those eggs. Still kicking myself for that. BUT, life happens, and there are people out there with waaaaay bigger worries than any kind of problem a delayed new release will cause. I've got a roof over my head, no flooding at my door, and the power on. These are fortunes beyond measure.

I wish everyone on DC a wonderful and happy Halloween. I wish safety to those in the storm. Most of all, I wish kindness and peace to those who are upset by the delayed egg release, because it seems like such a waste of a holiday to let it be ruined by a pixel game. I mean, how did we enjoy a happy Halloween before DC came along? cool.gif

Yes, this exactly. I am living alone in a foreign country and basically this Halloween thing is what kept me going for the last few weeks, the anticipation, the planning... With this anticlimactic ending I feel completely lost. I have spent the day blobbing not knowing what to do. I wish I could see my family or my friends but I can't so I was counting on this celebration to be the next best thing.

I'm not resentful or angry or anything, it's just a really weird feeling... Thuban you probably thought I was complaining earlier and I'm sorry about that.

I don't really know what I'm trying to say here. I guess I needed to get it out.

Yeah... it was definitely building up to the drop, so I'm not surprised you and everyone else feels like it's fallen flat or unfinished.

I'm sorry you're stuck all alone, though! /jedi hugs

EDIT

@jerusha:

TJ said it was to do with the number of people affected, not the area. Apparently he's been monitoring the traffic on the site and it's significantly down.

And it could be that he has real life issues to deal with. That wouldn't surprise me at all.

Edited by silver_chan

How many trick or treat items are there? How many minutes between them? When will they stop dropping?

How many trick or treat items are there? How many minutes between them? When will they stop dropping?

Mine varied anywhere from 6 to 15 minutes apart

Midnight DC time tonight

How do you get the new Aliset item?

Update:

Aliset: apparently not completed

Shadow Walkers: Got em!

Marrows:Got em!

Trick or Treat: Not yet

Zombie attempt: Failure

Vamp attempt: Failure

Anyone want any pumpkins?

I liek Pumpkins xd.png

lol, sometimes I like the holiday re-colors better than the original sprites... Like the blue stripe just looks epic, the horse-dragon looks more like a dragon now the male red-chest wyvern is awesome the sheild dragons are epic white, if spitfires where this color all the time I'd probably hord them the red water dragon makes the side by side pair look uber cool the gold re-color makes me want them even more than I do already and the purples makes me want to hord too... Good job colorists and artists!!

Nah, I didnt assume you were complaining. The same sentiment has been expressed all over the place. It just means we have to make sure the next event rocks smile.gif

So, final counts for this year.

Zombies: One adult, one hatchling

Pumpkins: six

Marrows: seven

Shadow Walkers: fourteen blink.gif

All in all 27. I also hatched an SW and a Marrow which I've gifted. So all in all I raised 29 dragons.

Feeling really proud.

Gonna catch one more pumpkin or marrow in two hours and I'm over.

What is the last item for Aliset?

I have flowers, soap, candle, pottery, necklace, dragon scales, bitten apple, spices , sandwich, healing salve, a sweet bun, ladder, knife, spools of thread, cheese, quill, diary, bitten pumpkin, bucket, GoN figurine, cat thing on wheels(where did I get that?!), black cat, wilted rose, cobweb, vest/some type of clothing, half-eaten pumpkin pie, drop of water, bones, can, rainbow chicken, coins, full moon, sandwhich, and a golden dragon wrapped around a vial of green potion.

Am I missing anything? If so, what?

So, final counts for this year.

Zombies: One adult, one hatchling

Pumpkins: six

Marrows: seven

Shadow Walkers: fourteen blink.gif

All in all 27. I also hatched an SW and a Marrow which I've gifted. So all in all I raised 29 dragons.

Feeling really proud.

Gonna catch one more pumpkin or marrow in two hours and I'm over.

Wow, that's a lot blink.gif

What is the last item for Aliset?

I have flowers, soap, candle, pottery, necklace, dragon scales, bitten apple, spices , sandwich, healing salve, a sweet bun, ladder, knife, spools of thread, cheese, quill, diary, bitten pumpkin, bucket, GoN figurine, cat thing on wheels(where did I get that?!), black cat, wilted rose, cobweb, vest/some type of clothing, half-eaten pumpkin pie, drop of water, bones, can, rainbow chicken, coins, full moon, sandwhich, and a golden dragon wrapped around a vial of green potion.

Am I missing anything? If so, what?

It looks like you're missing (highlight for spoiler, just in case) the map. Go back to the shops area, there should be an unlocked shop close to the bottom of the list. Click that, and you'll find the map.

I hope that helps you!

@TheTwilightKnight

Well, in the last two days I was hunting for low time eggs, since I wanted a free scroll for release. Combine that with more than enough red dragons ready to incubate, and yeah. To be honest, I will be cutting it a little close with this year's release, but I have a four day holiday, so I can stay up catching through the night if I want to.

I'm really satisfied with this year. I payed up all of the Halloween IOUs I owned in the first two hours. To top it all of I didn't even need to breed my dragons - I managed to catch everything I needed in the AP.

Now, if all those people that owe me 2012 hatchlings stay true to their word and it will be perfect.

Out of six kills, I only managed to zombify the last one. I did end up successfully reviving one though...

*a moment of silence for my zombie fails*

Oh, and I've also got a few more breeding attempts for my shadow walkers and marrows. If anyone wants them, feel free to pm me.