MoonlightEevee

Video Game Glitches

Okay, I've recently been playing through The Darkest Faerie on the PS2, and I've encountered a TON of bugs and glitches (and overall What The!? moments) within the span of two days.

Here's a quick list of some of them:

3 bosses leaving the arena and forcing me to restart

MANY enemy characters (and one Draik in Brightvale) going through walls and the floor

Vanishing Motes (and to think Sophie was trolling, when all I had to do was save at the entrance, jump off a cliff and get a game over, then they showed up)

I STILL have Illusen's Pendant

Map in Altador's glitched (says I STILL need to find the entrance to this one legend's temple when I already found it -__-)

There are quite a few other ones, but I can't really think of them at the moment

The dreaded Pikmin 2 boss, has a dark secret. It won Dancing On Ice in 2004.

The dreaded Pikmin 2 boss, has a dark secret. It won Dancing On Ice in 2004.

My censorkip.gif sides. xd.png

Once in Madagascar, in the third level as Gloria, I got hit by a car and got a life at the same time. This caused one of my health things to turn a translucent pink. I shrugged it off and continued running down the street. Suddenly Gloria falls into a vast void of night and stars. Then she gets booted back to the beginning of the level with a yellow arrow prompting her to go forward.

There are no cars, no people, no signs or power ups. Just an empty street with buildings on the side. I go forward and keep doing so until I reach a small place where I cannot go forward due to buildings blinking me. To the left and right, the street continues and cuts off abruptly. Below them is the very same void I fell into earlier. An arrow tells me to turn and continue to the left.

I try going back down the street I came from, but an invisible wall blocks me.

I think the game was trying to get Gloria to kill herself or something. blink.gif Anyway, I exited to the map and redid the third level. Never encountered the glitch again.

Years ago, I randomly fell through the Windurst docks in Final Fantasy XI. It was pretty funny actually, everyone was standing around getting very confused at how I managed to get down there. xd.png I entertained a crowd for about an hour before I got bored and called the GM to teleport me back onto the dock.

Assassin's Creed 3, where do I even start. =/ Seriously, that game had some really annoying glitches. The one that got me killed at least a few times is if you walked near a certain restricted zone building in New York. Not in the restricted space, just near. I would randomly aggro all the guards in the area and end up in a gigantic brawl. =/ FFS. Also my common man encyclopedia glitched out so I can't complete it.

LEGO: Lord of the Rings: In the Prologue while fighting Sauron, if you jump at just the right moment when Sauron whacks you with his mace, he'll hit the edge of the level and a volcano will open up in mid air.

Same game: If you use a character other than Gollum to try and climb the walls with the fish skeletons you'll get stuck inside of it.

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon: In the floating islands level, if you fly off the island and then let yourself drop down and land, you can run on nothing. xd.png You even have a shadow.

I've experienced quite a few glitches with a lot of games over the years but none really bothered me as much as Fallout: New Vegas did. That game was so glitchy for me it was pretty much unplayable. When it first came out there were a few bugs here and there but that's to be expected with new release games but once DLC started coming out for the game it broke mine with every patch. From getting stuck in rocks or just in the middle of the road to falling through the map when leaving a building. Soon it became that with certain places it would lock up my xbox on the loading screens when leaving them and then the saves would glitch and end up corrupt. I was literally just waiting for my guy to just spontaneously combust with the next patch.

Another glitch that I didn't experience personally (though I wanted to so bad sad.gif) was the backwards flying dragons in Skyrim. They came with the 1.2 patch that was suppose to fix numerous bugs from launch. 1.2 Patch actually did a lot more damage then good for some people like nuking all resistances so if you were playing as a nord you weren't resistant to ice anymore, this also went for enchanted items as well. The dragons were so comical (and a challenge) I wanted them so I download the update but I actually never had anything wrong with my game. A friend of mine refused to download the update so just played offline but another did and had the backwards flying dragons, I was super jelly at him.

Here's a

to a video of the dragons

The backwards flying dragons ranks right up there with wanting to be stuck by lighting in Minecraft, games don't like me very much. dry.gif

Skyrim: Watching a mammoth fall from about 200 feet in the air ( maybe a dragon had second thoughts about their lunch?).

Sims 3: the game itself was a huge glitch. tongue.gif

When I first installed broken sword (an old adventure game) the tab where the inventory was had this strange glitch where every newly added item's icon was stacked by the previous ones. I ended up looking at a bunch of messy pixels every time I opened it. The second time I installed it I luckily didn't encounter it again.

Some glitches that I have gotten where good or funny others... they either gotten me game over or having to restart from the last check point. Had this happen to anyone else? It's very frustrating when you get far into it too!!!!!!!!!

There was this one time my brother was playing 102 Dalmations: Puppies to the Rescue, where he was fighting Cruella on top of Big Ben when he fell off accidently and was running around in midair

I've managed to get through a corner while swimming in Donkey Kong 64 and swam into the void. It was amusing for a while, and I had fun doing it several times after I kept respawning XD

Secret of Mana glitched once where I was at the first boss yet I had all the weapons and my buddies that I'm supposed to get later, except for the sword I start with. Other times I also had weird items named after monsters that, if I used would crash the game, but I could sell it infinitely for infinite money. I've never been able to replicate those glitches though. I think it was how I put it in the console that messed it up.

Skyrim: Watching a mammoth fall from about 200 feet in the air ( maybe a dragon had second thoughts about their lunch?).

I've seen that glitch! Also, once my friend went to Bloated Man's Grotto and there were two Sindings... it was hilarious. We still sing the Double Rainbow song with the lyrics changed to Double Sinding to this day xd.png

My most irritating glitch is the one which frequently occurs in Simanimals and Simanimals Africa on the Wii where the profile deletes itself. Luckily, I now have profiles of both games with 100% completion backed up to my SIM card.

Sims3 for pc is very glitchy.I hate it when I am playing and just about the time a major thing is going to happen The crazy Sims3 game freezes then crashes. Ugg I was so mad I have not yet played it for a week now.I do wish there was a way to keep those glitches out of any game realy.

Edited by Laryal

I've managed to get through a corner while swimming in Donkey Kong 64 and swam into the void. It was amusing for a while, and I had fun doing it several times after I kept respawning xd.png

In Toontown Online, if you put a wardrobe facing the wall and try to open it, you 'll get stuck in a void. You can run all around your house and go as far as you want. But if you go too far you'll get stuck. Don't remember how to get out if that happens but I and some friends used to have a lot of fun doing that.

Sims3 for pc is very glitchy.I hate it when I am playing and just about the time a major thing is going to happen The crazy Sims3 game freezes then crashes. Ugg I was so mad I have not yet played it for a week now.I do wish there was a way to keep those glitches out of any game realy.

My friend was telling me one day in math class bout Sims 2(?) that if you take the couch and put it in front of a burning fireplace, you can kill people on it by making them lie down.

I have to say that one of the strangest glitches I have ever came across was in Skyrim. I have the Hearthfire Download Content which allows you to build your own house, purchase land, and adopt children (I believe it also allows you to get married as well).

Well I was building my house and I working in my basement smelting some Iron Ingots into Nails. There was a bedroll (Skyrim sleepingbag, whatever you'd like to call it.) on the ground and when I went to walk across it I ddn't realize that the ground underneath it looked... Strange. Suddenly I started falling through the ground, surrounded by white nothingness and then I suddenly die. I was so confused, and now I never step anywhere in my house without checking the ground xd.png

Speaking of Sims2. My pets expansion is somewhat worn out and likes to crash. Once it crashed whem my sim was pregnant and screwed everything. My sim got eternally pregnant and couldn't even leave the house because her pregnancy was so far already. She never gave birth...

Another time I encountered a more amusing glitch while playing Spyro: enter the dragonfly (which, I heard is very glitchy altogether). I made Spyro swim against a wall and jump out of the water and back in rapidly, and after a while he started "swimming in the air". He maintains the diving animation, but you can fly all over the place, and even over the level boundaries biggrin.gif

My favorite was in AC1. I was chased by guards in the area right outside Masyaf. I climbed over a bench (or similliar obstacle, can't quite remember) and prepared to fight, but instead the guards got stuck on the bench. They were just balancing on it while Altaïr was just standing there in front of them. Soon more guards joined, until there were about ten of them trying to climb the bench, pushing each other off, occasionally one would fall and swing their sword once at Altaïr, and then rush back to the bench party! xd.png

I laughed so hard then, it was hilarious!

My friend was telling me one day in math class bout Sims 2(?) that if you take the couch and put it in front of a burning fireplace, you can kill people on it by making them lie down.

I will have to take a look see on that lol.

In ff7 if you have a chocobo and you go up to your submarine and you press the button to get into your submarine, your submarine flies out of the water and combines with your chocobo to make a chocosub. The game immediately freezes when this happens, which sucked when I first discovered it, but it's funny now.

TF2 was full of these on my old computer. It was pretty old, and mostly it was texture glitches. The best one was when I was pyro and everything had the fire texture. It looked like I was in some sort of weird pseudo hell.

Portal 2 also had a LOT of texture glitches on the old pc. There was one time where the wall texture was replaced with either concept art of Chel or her actual skin pack. It was always in the same room too.The one with the rising platforms during the Itch.

Back when my Pokemon Silver cartridge still had a working battery (:'c), I was peeking through the item storage on Pokemon Stadium 2 and found this item that just looked like an empty space. I was curious, so I stuck it in my bag on Silver. It didn't do much besides act like an extra cancel button at first, but after awhile it royally screwed up my bag to the point where I was finding completely random items in it, could scroll past the cancel button and find really weird stuff, and also I couldn't pick anything up because it acted as full even if I trashed a few things. Besides placeholder items like Teru-Samas and ?s and whatnot, at one point I found HM06 in my Items pocket. I had had a friend over at the time, and I tried using it just for the hell of it, and an error message popped up that said "No windows available for popping."

We both cracked up. xP

Though I've never experienced this glitch,

makes me laugh every time. |3

I've had mammoths falling from the sky, though. I've only seen a dragon fly backwards once. It didn't last very long, either.

The Sims 3 is quite glitchy. One time, one of my sim's mood meter things were frozen in place. She had just worked out, so she was stuck with no hygiene. Everything else was high, but that meant she could never sleep again. No matter how many times she took a shower/bathed, the hygiene meter would not budge. I decided to delete the household instead of keeping the sim like that. It got kinda boring because there was never anything to do. ._. She was permanently stuck with all positive moods (except for hygiene).

I accidentally executed

, still trying to figure out how todo it again, but you can attack Dark Mind at eye level in the far left.

Some glitches I love, and some I hate.

I absolutely love the glitch pokemon in Pokemon Red. I exploited that glitch to the fullest. Got myself a level 170 Rhydon and a level 70 MISSINGNO. that evolved into a Kangaskhan.

A glitch I hate is one I found in Skyrim. Every time I visit Morthal, a dead dragon randomly appears in the middle of the city. Sometimes it ragdoll spasms around for no reason. I can search it, but it's empty. No dragon bones or anything. I can't absorb its soul as I should be able to with dead dragons. I can't hit it, and I can walk through it. Sometimes the city guards will stand around it in fighting stances and battle music will play, but nothing happens. If someone can help me get rid of this, I'd appreciate it.

Another glitch in Skyrim I found is that the last horse I ride always spawns next to me when I fast travel, no matter if it's stolen or if I own it.

Animal crossing new leaf:

My friend borrowed my tweeter, got into a house (Chief's) and she got on roof, but I could see her face through the door xd.png

Also I glitch into the river then I got up to the wall on the sides of the town xd.png my friends were like hail the king on the hill!

me 'Bow down to thengreat King!' we all had a good time, until i realised... I COULDN'T GET DOWN ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

I begged the owner of the town to end, they were like >=3 I have you where i want you! I errored it with wifi switch hehehe >3

Another glitch (i think it is a glitch) In Minecraft I made this house of diamond (8x6 and 5 high walls roof is glass ) And I fully lit it up with torches, no secret entrance but an Iron door (preventing dem zombies) i closed it, then went gathering some wood (i live in snow plains ;-; )

nearest wood was like 10 mins away :c so I got back went through 1 diamond axe (had 3/4 of health) got a pocketful of 64 wood c: I'm a very happy chappy!

I go back, open iron door, close it, i get attacked o.O?

THERE WAS A SPIDER IN MY HOUSE What the Fudge????

I dont't know how he got in o.O and why he was attacking me! it was daytime O.o