MoonlightEevee

Video Game Glitches

Skyrim: I had just finished Alduin's Bane and Paarthurnax came in and landed on the ground to speak with me. He just started talking, then he promptly took off and just spiraled up and up, and kept doing so until he could no longer be seen, nor could he be heard. I ended up starting that quest over as I like listening to him.

Xenoblade

One sidequest requires the party to go after a man trying to prove himself couragous by hunting down and killing a monster. Naturally, when you catch up with him, he is terrified, backed into a corner, and asks you to save him from the monster. However this Unique Monster (esentially a miniboss) I had already killed. Some Unique monsters also don't respawn after you kill them, so the NPC was cowerein in fear at empty space, and the quest is unfinishable.

Now It is posible that he apears in another location in a similar fasion, But I have claered that place of unique monsters as well, so...

Maby he's tripping on marsh water?

Edit:

Once I was playing Star Wars BFront, Renegade Squadron, and I got Chewbacca to float in the air for five minutes straight before he was shot down. Added a whole freakin' lot to my kill count tongue.gif

OMG!!!! my cousion was playing that game, and I was watching him at the time. I saw you doing that!

Edited by sailing101

There were also amazing glitches.

I'm gonna go back to a time probably half the forum is too young to remember (and the other half probably know all too well!)

In Pokemon Red and Blue, the game was ripe with glitches; from game destroying Missingno to Mystery Cities.

One glitch performed something impossible.

I, like everyone else, had tried every single rumor to get Mew. Try as I might, there was nothing I could do. I had long since moved on when it happened for me.

I had been playing along normally, or so I thought. Apparently, I triggered a series of events that caused a problem! Next thing I knew, as I entered a battle, a Mew appeared. I spared no effort in catching it, and was in awe. When I obtained it, everyone accused me of using gameshark. I didn't own a gameshark. I ended up highly upset, because nobody believed me. The man who is all these years later my husband IRL didn't even believe me. It was frustrating. And worse, try as I might to replicate it, I didn't know what I had done, and tried to recreate it any number of times to no effect.

My husband at least does now, because I was browsing Bulbapedia a few years ago when I found this. I felt so vindicated. A childish smug joy washed through me as he apologized for not believing me.

<3 Mew Glitch.

I have a similar story to that, but in Pokemon yellow, and it was a completely random, unreplicatable event.

I ran into Mew in the safari zone.

But I never caught it.

I didn't even know at the time that Mew (among several other pokemon) couldn't be captured normally in game, and had to be traded, so it was very suprising for me to learn that Mew was only legitimately available as an event pokemon.

Skyrim. Famous for so many glitches....

I play as an Argonian, and once when I died, my tail did a spasm and turned into a pole. Yes, a POLE.

Another was a flying horse. Oh, I have never laughed harder than on that day~

Tazzay,

Not really a glitch? Maybe? But your post reminded me of something in Skyrim.

I made my horse scale a mountain. The whole mountain. No paths, just sheer rocks 90% of the way up. Spider-horse.

Assassin's Creed III.

Near the beginning of the game, there is point where Lee is supposed to carry a box containing research, but instead of it being in his arms, it was floating in the air a good ways behind him. It was rather cute, it was bobbing along behind him as if it was being carried. It did no harm, and was over by the next cut scene.

Order and Chaos Online for iPhone: I was messing around trying to jump on top of some buildings that weren't meant to be jumped on top of and fell through the building into nothing. I ran for like ten minutes without getting anywhere and ended up having to log off.

In that same game, there's a glitch that allows you to stand on top of water, and one that lets you shoot forward while you're falling. Everyone loves messing with those glitches. And someone killed some guard and it died floating in the air. Man that was funny.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for Wii: The. Most. Annoying. Glitch. EVER. The game crashes and the guilty remote starts buzzing like it's going to explode if you press any button too quickly after the Burrow gets burned in Y6.

Wolf Quest in single player: I grabbed my pup to stop the eagle from getting it but the stupid bird kept following me.

Aralon: Sword and Shadow for iPhone: An Easter Egg, really, but in the crypt underneath Caliheim, you can see the Aztec Sun Calendar on one of the walls. Thought that was kinda neat.

that made me want too redownload wolf quest

assassins creed has a buttload of glitches, all of them

and skyrim, first town i ever went to had a headless man greeting me

also

am i supposed to be finding frost dragons at lvl 15????? the things kill me in 1 good hit

Not really sure its a glitch, but in AC3 when you have to go to the highest point and synchronize in the Frontier, it means climbing a tree.

So, I climb the tree (the same tree over and over and over just at different spots) and synchronize and then I can't get down the same way I go up.

I spent over 20 minutes trying again and again to climb down. I'd go down one branch and then, instead of going down the next branch, he'd climb back up. Finally I just had him commit suicide. Only way he'd get down.

Now, thats what I have to do every time I synchronize a tree, make him commit suicide so I can continue to play the game.

~*~

Oh, I had gotten caught pickpocketing in Boston, so I ran to the edge and into the marshes (not the ocean side). I ran until the Red went away. I turned back around and started running back to town. At the edge of the water, staring at it, I found like six of the guys who had been chasing me.

They were just standing there in a line, each one a few steps from the one behind it. So I pass them, thinking they are going to "get suspicious" but no, they continue to stand there.

So, I hide behind the very last one, kill him silently and still no reaction. So I move to the next and kill him too. And the one after that and the one after that. All six guys, easy peasy.

~*~

Not even going to mention all the freezing and delays in the Multiplayer.

Edited by Kanaye

One time while I was playing Skyrim... a random dragon skeleton fell out of the sky right after I left someone's shop and when I searched it, it had the entire contents of the shop that I was just in. O.o

Skyrim: dead dragons fell in front of me twice. First time, it was somewhere around Dawnstar. The dragon fell and I got a free soul. 2nd time, it happened in Whiterun. That time, however I didn't get the soul. It was dead, with all of it's flesh still on. So, I revived it, only to find out it didn't take any damage from hits xd.png I had to reload, since I didn't want immortal, rampaging dragon in a city.

Oh, and sometimes, when I get on the horse, I end up standing on it's backs while riding it.

I also got stuck inside the roof of a building in AC II and Brotherhood. Couldn't get out, so I had to reload. And one time I sent an arrow storm at the group of guards. Arrows hit them, but they ended up standing and being unresponsive. I looted them while they just stared into nothing.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Planetside 2: Everyone seemed to freeze beside a Biolab... Nope. I turn around to see a bunch of vehicles and people flying through the air and running through walls and mountains. I even saw a tank flying through the air... O.o I fixed it, though. Just had to respawn but then everything went in fastforward on my map to what was happening then. My friend said while that was happening on my screen, on his I was walking into thin air like I was going up a bunch of stairs.

Most annoying glitch I've encountered is on Heroes of Might and Magic 5.

The first map of the Sylvan campaign, a demonic hero is supposed to spawn at some point in the second month. However you cannot save the game at all before that hero spawns.

If you do save the game, the demon hero never spawns and you cannot finish the map!

The entire Sims 3, especially with expansion packs.

My brother plays a ton of fallout 3 and a few times a Deathclaw has been running at him, stopped, and started flying straight up in the air.

Also sometimes when people die they start spazaming and flying up as their limbs stretch and make crazy flying stick figures.

And lastly he was talking to 'crow' (some guy) and his head turned 360 degrees while he was still chatting.

I have never laughed so hard at a game since, god bless Bethesda and their glitchy ness tongue.gif

The entire Sims 3, especially with expansion packs.

Oh god, Sims 3. It's like they don't even think about how all the things they jam into it are even going to react.

I've had a bunch of issues where it looks like there are invisible objects screwing up the pathing for my characters. The last thing I want to have to do is micromanage every single sim in the house into the blasted bathroom every time they need to go.

Dragon's Dogma.

It mostly happens with Goblins, but I can be running along peacefully minding my own business through a empty patch of land and the game will suddenly decide to generate monsters around me. Twice I've found myself surrounded by Saurians while low on health.

Once it was a Drake O.o

AC3, Wolfpack.

One target was poisoned, and I was following him, not wanting to steal someone else poison (hate when people do that to me) someone came running up and tried to kill him. He avoided. I tried to kill him, avoided.

All four of us repeatedly tried to kill him, guns didn't work and he kept dodging our attacks for a good 2 mins.

Then the game ended cause no one could reach the Extra Target in time.

i got a horrid glitch in Skylanders. if you pause and save in the second-to-last level, the statue dude does not ever wake up. i had to lose ALL my save data!:(

Another Skyrim glitch!

I had faced this dragon a lair, and when it was low health it decided to attack SOMETHING else on the other side of a ridge I couldn't get to. In short, the dragon lost, it died and I couldn't get close enough to it to get the soul. I left because it would take forever to get around the ridge and I had better things to do.

Later, I returned to that spot, and when I snuck up to the sleeping dragon, lo and behold, I absorbed a soul from it! The problem came from the fact that it WASN'T dead. Essentially it was a flying skeletal dragon that attacked me. The worst part was, whatever caused this made the thing invincible, hitting it didn't do anything to the flying skeleton.

Oh no I experience so many of these xd.png

L4D2, the tank spawned in a bathroom stall and tried to get out for 5 minutes before dying in there without anyone shooting it at all ninja.gif

Not sure if this is a glitch, it's more like....an exploit? I think...

Anyway, in an old PS1 Spyro game (I think it was Ripto's Rage, I'm not sure) There's a level where you can get the flying power up. The entire level is surrounded by mountain/hills to keep the level encased, you know? You jump as high as Spyro will go at the highest point of that part of the level and there's a small dip in the mountain/hill wall, and if you hit it at the right angle Spyro will land on top of the wall and you can walk around it. You can see the whole level from the top of the wall and past that is where you can fall out of the world.

Sorry I can hardly describe it as it's been YEARS since I've played that game and I can hardly remember it ^^" But I used to do that all the time in that level.

I do have a favorite glitch though. Two words: Ladder Goat.

Edited by VeeVeeLa

Sam and Max: Freelance Police: The Devil's Playhouse

In the episode Beyond the Alley of the Dolls, there's an annoying glitch where in the dialogue between Sam and Yog-Saggoth (and Papeirwaite), I didn't get the option to ask about the tentacles growing out of the ground. So you don't get the manuscript, and you can't visit the Realm of Indigestion to get the Cthonic Destroyer. After I walked around a bit, I clicked on the tentacles and lost the ability to move Sam. The only way to switch is to get Max to teleport you to someone's phone. ><

Great one with Skyrim. Random body fell from the sky near the gates of Whiterun (not so unusual really). So I stripped him of his worldly goods and carried on my way. Next time I'm back in Whiterun the body is still there... but now there's a fire on his back with one of the locals crouching over it. I was like... wtf? Campfire on a body!?!