Moonlight_Eevee

Video Game Glitches

I was playing Town of Salem. My role was Executioner, and my target died the first night, but I didn't become a Jester, I stayed an Executioner. Nobody would believe me, so I was lynched.

Apparently I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

There was also a game with two Mafiosos.

No so long ago, While playing Assassins creed 2, I somehow ended up in a gigantic lake/ ocean under Venice. (Don't ask, I have no idea how that happened)

Oh yes and... The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim... so many weird glitches.

Giants with the ability to launch you into outer space. I nearly died laughing when that happened to me for the first time. xd.png

Edited by silverfox12578

A few days ago, me and a few friends were playing TF2 on Upward (I think) and while playing Demoman I got stuck on the edge of a sign several feet above the ground. Couldn't move, couldn't escape, so they ended up killing my character. Afterwards, we all attempted to get stuck in the same spot, and the glitch still worked.

By the end, we had 3 people up there at once. It was pretty funny. laugh.gif

A couple days ago, on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, I was going through one of the dungeons called Labyrinthian. In there, are these special ghost-like weapons which are the only ones of their kind, and boy did I want them. Sadly, I became over encumbered and had to drop some junk (buckets, plates, platters, etc.) and I encountered a powerful draugr (zombie) and had to retreat because mage (no armor). I ended up pushing a platter to the wall and went THROUGH the wall. I ended up falling for awhile before reappearing at the entrance to the area. I was not amused.

Im not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but The Sims 3 has a ton of glitches that are just amazingly hysterical. From floating kids, from animals becoming practically monsters.

Its amazing, hysterical also. Theres several tumblr accounts that are just pictures of the glitches. I would suggest not drinking anything while looking at them because you may spew drink on your laptop.

Not really a glitch but also when I first started playing Minecraft I thought flying in Creative Mode was a glitch. I deleted several worlds because of it. xd.png

I felt like a total idiot when I found out it wasnt a glitch.

I was playing Harvest Moon DS (long before the glorious days of the 3DS), and I had the coolest/scariest glitch I've ever had in any game, ever.

There's a character called Gourmet, who only comes for the Cooking Festival once a year. I walked out of my house one morning, and Gourmet was standing by my chicken coop. I was surprised, as I'd played this game through a few times before, so I knew this was a glitch. I saved my game, and went up to him.

When I talked to him, his talking sprite wasn't the sprite for Gourmet, but the sprite for Muffy's child. He said nothing, but my game was stopped - the music held on one note and the controls did nothing. So, I turned off the power, and opened back up the game.

When I turned on the game, Gourmet was one step closer to my character.

I did this a few times, each time I talked to Gourmet the game froze and when I reloaded he would be one step closer to me. I did this until he got right up to my door -- and then, tried to load the game again.

The file was corrupted.

I've talked about this on Fogu, the Harvest Moon forums, and no one else has had this experience, and I've never been able to recreate it - but I still have the pictures, somewhere! And I left the corrupted file as a sort of memoir.

I was playing Harvest Moon DS (long before the glorious days of the 3DS), and I had the coolest/scariest glitch I've ever had in any game, ever.

There's a character called Gourmet, who only comes for the Cooking Festival once a year. I walked out of my house one morning, and Gourmet was standing by my chicken coop. I was surprised, as I'd played this game through a few times before, so I knew this was a glitch. I saved my game, and went up to him.

When I talked to him, his talking sprite wasn't the sprite for Gourmet, but the sprite for Muffy's child. He said nothing, but my game was stopped - the music held on one note and the controls did nothing. So, I turned off the power, and opened back up the game.

When I turned on the game, Gourmet was one step closer to my character.

I did this a few times, each time I talked to Gourmet the game froze and when I reloaded he would be one step closer to me. I did this until he got right up to my door -- and then, tried to load the game again.

The file was corrupted.

I've talked about this on Fogu, the Harvest Moon forums, and no one else has had this experience, and I've never been able to recreate it - but I still have the pictures, somewhere! And I left the corrupted file as a sort of memoir.

Oh man that is creepy. Id be abandoning that game in a heartbeat. I guess ive read too many game glitch Creepy Pastas.

But id seriously freaky, even moreso considering no one else said they had had that happen to them Id love to see the screen shots sometime if you can find them!

Sims 3: I was attempting to make a sim, but it genrated with no eyes and a messed model. I had to use the task manager to shut the game off, and the game refused to start for 2-3 months O_O

Spore: I befriended a blocky courrupted creature. Nuff' said.

Littlebigplanet 3: Spazzing oddsocks, lag, all that good stuff. But one time, in the Furry souls, Hot coals (Or what ever its called) I was playing with my friend, and she jumped and missed a platform and started gliding around on the lava. It was... intresting.

I most likely have come across other glitches in other games, but just don't remember them xd.png

I'm sorry for necroing before a year's up. Whatever!

Today, I found what is pretty much the best glitch I've ever seen!

user posted image

The best explanation I can give is that there aren't supposed to be two Hatis; only the dark blue one on the left is supposed to exist. It just happens sometimes when I summon my pet. Very strange.

The 'interact' and 'jump' button in Dragon Age: Inquisition are the same one, so when I tried talking to the soldier in the Exalted Plains I accidentally jumped onto his sword. Spent the whole conversation with his sword sticking though my inner upper thigh, being held off the ground.

Also, the dragon to the north of him keeps trying to fly through a cliff.

WhiteDay: A Labyrinth Called School (the original) is a hot, hilarious mess of glitches. Best one just because it scared the daylights out of me.

in the second to last area is a large building with three floors, centre of which is a large open area with walkways at each floor. You have to navigate this whilst avoiding the Janitor, the main enemy and source of many glitches.

But there's also the Crawling Ghost, a girl who appears in certain classrooms and crawls along the roof, who glitches you out of the building if she catches you, and is the only creature in the game who legitimately creeps me out. You know if she spawns in a room because she makes a distinctive patter-patter noise when chasing you, but she isn't meant to leave the room she spawns in.

One time, I was being chased by the Janitor and ducked into a classroom to try and hide. However, this caused the Crawling Ghost to activate, so I quickly noped out of the room, expecting her to despawn.

Only, she didn't. Being chased by the Janitor when she spawned caused her to glitch out of the room and keep chasing me throughout the building. It was not a pleasant experience.

Skyrim is the world's most beautifully animated glitch with a sound track that could make angels cry. It came out the November after I kissed high school goodbye and spent my first paycheck on this piece of kintsugi.

After receiving (stealing) my first horse, to which I named Marywether I tried to scale the mountain to the grey beards only to get lodged into the side of the mountain standing on Marywether naked and in a T-pose till I fell through the bottom of the world.

Warframe: I blocked an incoming grapple attack and somehow caused the enemy to flip horizontally and drag itself right through the floor.

not sure if on purpose glitches count as game glitches, but they are glitches, so I'm guessing yes? I found out how to get a Gengar before Brock and 2 Mew before Misty. This should be a fun round in pokemon yellow. smile.gif

Another Glitchy gem (or garnet wink.gif ) from Skyrim:

I stole a horse from a camp, tried to ride down a mountain/cliff and fell. The horse died, but I survived. Only problem was, I was stuck in the pose/animation of being on the horse still. But I couldn't dismount the horse because technically it no longer existed. I also couldn't interact properly with anything, because the game thought I was on A FREAKIN NON EXISTANT HORSE >.<

not sure if on purpose glitches count as game glitches, but they are glitches, so I'm guessing yes? I found out how to get a Gengar before Brock and 2 Mew before Misty. This should be a fun round in pokemon yellow. smile.gif

Sooo, Mewtwo? ;´)

Edited by Kiisekii

It doesn't break the game or anything, but in Dragon Age: Inquistion you can find a dwarf with a female body and voice, but a male head growing out of their face. It's this head that speaks. O.o

They are in the Emprise du Lion, by one of the towers with red lyrium growing out of it.

I remember a game I still own for the PS2 called Inuyasha Feudal Combat and there was a way to cheese Sesshomaru's arena. While fighting him, there was this jump and dive move if done in the right area you could be teleported outside the arena but he'd get stuck on the floating the floating platform. So if you had a character with a ranged weapon you could pot shot him from the sidelines.

I was playing Robocraft, it was being laggy for the first few online matches I played, so when I spawned in and saw no one, I just assumed it was lag and went to capture bases. Later, I thought it was becoming odd that I couldn't see anyone at all, but I assumed that the game had simply placed me into a glitched mode without any players. Eventually, I learned that I had desynced and no one could see me, but I could still affect the game the other people were playing. I only knew this cause I finally looked at the chat, and to my horror people were calling me a cheater/hacker. I guess it is a form of cheating, but it definitely wasn't hacking and I definitely didn't do it on purpose. The point is, a glitch happened and I AM PERSONALLY OFFENDED TO BE CALLED A CHEATER/HACKER FOR A GLITCH. D:<

Dead by Daylight is still glitchy. I was a killer going around and having fun when one if them decides to glitch out of the locker. I hit him but I couldn't pick it up and he died in midair. And then another friend glitched out in the same spot. It was hilarious

Skyrim and the Nightingale's main quest to meet that goddess... Karliah glished and instead of opening that gate she was constantly heading the wrong way and leaving the place... It just wouldn't work at all without quite a complex chain of console commands:(

Also in the Hired Muscle from Farkas I couldn't initiate a fight with Commandor Maro, I also needed to use a console command to move on...

Sooo, Mewtwo? ;´)

lmao! Never thought of it that way. xd.png

The first glitch I ever found was in the second level of the Tom and Jerry game on gameboy color. A lot of the stage is jumping upward on couches and chairs to reach platforms and if you jump too high Jerry's sprite will disappear but the game's point of view will act as if it's still there. You can fix it by going all the way back down to the first floor of the level.

Edited by Corgi-osis

I just did a bunch of Yellow glitches; most of the stuff I've played since has been pretty stable, save for the occasional crash (which is hardly interesting).

Never could do the Old Man trick, since Yellow had that patched out, but I did Glitch City all the time. It's interesting stuff; TheZZAZZGlitch's videos on the RGBY games are really informational if you want to know more about why things happen the way they do (check out the OOB video for Glitch City stuff, it's really neat).

e: Wait, no there was the Infinite Fall glitch in TLA. Not very useful, but interesting enough.

Edited by Guillotine

Well, that was...um...wow. I love FFXV, but my gosh does it have some crazy glitches. There's plenty to mention, but I'll stick with three for now.

I've been playing it for the open world and having tons of fun, but when Prompto gets stuck next to a wall and he just jumps in place. Like continuously even when I walk away it's like. "Um, you havin' fun there buddy?"

The second glitch was while riding my chocobo I went to jump over a car in the parking lot of a rest stop and it stopped and just stood on the car, or rather hovered about a foot above it. And I couldn't go anywhere.

Last odd glitch was when I was on the chocobo and encountered a pack of wolf monsters. I was trying to wrap up a monster hunt and collect my reward so I blazed through the battle zone and yet the battle music kept up even to the post. I got off my bird, tried going inside the diner, the battle music still going and so I couldn't talk to the guy. Couldn't go rest in the RV or anything. I called my bird back and it decided to 'flee the battle area', but it just kept running. I was just sitting there was like, "Okay, this is happening." It only ended when I went back to that same pack of wolves and destroyed them.