MoonlightEevee

Video Game Glitches

One annoying Skyrim glitch:

I had just starting mining an ore vein when a dragon attacked. It was an ancient dragon which was hard for my level so I quit mining to fight it. Defeated the dragon, and went back to mining, and it didn't seem to want to let me continue, every time I tried I struck the rock once and then quit. At one point it finally let me mine long enough to deplete the ore, but it never said I did. That was the problem apparently, it then would not let me STOP mining. I would try to quit and I could walk a little ways away and then it pulled me back to start mining again. This happened again and again, even fast traveling didn't work, I ended up back at the ore vein. I ended up having to restart at my last save.

One day while playing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly, I glitched through the area that was supposed to lead me to the final boss before I was supposed to. Even though I lost the fight, it caused the game to think that the portal was supposed to be open and I was able to fight Ripto at any time before I even collected all the power-ups. Funny thing is, at the time, I didn't realize it was a glitch and thought it was all part of the game xd.png

Of course, that's nothing compared to some of the other glitches I've seen on YouTube.

Edited by Dracoscar

Years ago, my niece and I were playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. As the name suggests, you get chased by the cops. And at some point, a helicopter will come in.

One day, the helicopter got stuck over a patch of grass and spazzed the frick out. My niece and I were laughing at it for a good 20 minutes :'3

And here are various glitches I've come across while playing the Sims 3:

She was complaining about being stuck. Now I see why.

Doge u ok

DEEEERP!

DEEEERP times two! (he takes after his mother)

That is not how we use a sink.

Talk about bad hair day.

They all became one!

I jumped onto a moose for a laugh on Tearaway and then it wouldn't let me jump back off. Took about three minutes to get down.

I don't have screenshots, bbut in Assassin's Creed (the original 1st game) whenever I start a fight too close to a wall I end up vanishing halfway inside it. X)

Years ago, my niece and I were playing Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2. As the name suggests, you get chased by the cops. And at some point, a helicopter will come in.

One day, the helicopter got stuck over a patch of grass and spazzed the frick out. My niece and I were laughing at it for a good 20 minutes :'3

And here are various glitches I've come across while playing the Sims 3:

She was complaining about being stuck. Now I see why.

Doge u ok

DEEEERP!

DEEEERP times two! (he takes after his mother)

That is not how we use a sink.

Talk about bad hair day.

They all became one!

I love sim glitches xd.png

I've encountered tons in the past, this is only a few.

A few years ago when I was in my Spyro faze I was playing through Dawn of the Dragon. I was casually going through one of the latter parts of the game until I accidentally fell off a certain platform, so I attempted to get back on it until the music stopped suddenly and was replaced by weird noises that sounded like glass smashing, wood breaking and other weird stuff and the textures started glitching too.

I turned that Wii off faster than Sonic can run.

More recently I've had many glitches with TF2 that involve going through walls and being stuck. Also, had a glitch in Twilight Princess where certain enemies wouldn't appear and I couldn't progress through the game, had to make a new save file.

xd.png Normally, my games are glitch free, and I'm not sure if this is one. I was playing FTB (modded Minecraft), and I saw a Creeper sticking out the top of a slime's head.

When i was battling someone on the 1st gen games in pokemon i was winning so he quit, and when he did a shiny lv 0 tangela appeared. Shinies dont exist in gen 1, but it had that animation. Had to turn the game off to escape.

In Diamond when i was battling someone, my Honchkrow randomly became immortal. When it would 'faint', youd hear the sound but the sprite would stay missing though it could still attack. I won, had another battle and it was still immortal. Other than that the game acted fine.

I was driving my car in saints row 3 when randomly it combusts into flames and explodes, killing everyone in the area. I hadn't hit anything with it, and had max invincibility upgrades...

Wut?

While I was playing Dragon City, this came:

"Something went wrong. Please restart this game"

My sister played on Scott Pilgrim: The Game on Xbox 360 as Nega Scott.

Once she got to the Twins boss stage, it was fine at first. Then the Twins glitched. One of them was just lying down and another was laughing endlessly. We had to restart the Xbox 360.

It was really hilarious.

Too often to be real, most of the time when I fight Magolor EX/Soul in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, when I have the stone ability, and get hit by one of those spikes he occasionally summons from the ground, the screen explodes into a bunch of pink and blue with a loud exploding noise in the background(think of his black hole attack when you get sucked in). It's usually in the True Arena too. >:(

Edited by FlyingDragona

On the Orange Box edition of Portal, the Xbox achievements are glitched so that if you don't do all 6 advanced Portal maps in one sitting, it doesn't always record your progress towards the achievement and you have to do some/all of them all over again. I didn't realize this until after I had done all 6 but didn't get the achievement... some of the maps were so hard I never wanted to do them again, so I gave up on it. But after waiting a few months I did try again, and they were easier the second time through. I finally got the achievement a few days ago. smile.gif

You reminded me of something I don't know if this counts as a glitch or not, but I remeber playing Need for Speed Most wanted and I was being chased by the cops when the helicopter tried to block my path by being on the ground. Anyway, I must have been going fast than I thought cause the next thing I know, the helicopter is spinning out control cause I hit it

I was playing ACIII, and I ran into a small pack of wolves in the wilderness. Nearby was a deer, and I was hoping it wouldn't run off before I took care of the wolves. It didn't, but at the same time it wasn't behaving right, it just stood there and wouldn't highlight so I could my bow. It was frozen completely in place, and I could walk through the deer. I think it was supposed to have been killed by the wolves, but I interrupted them.

In inFamous, I managed to pahse through one of the barrels while I was tring to kill some Reapers.

A minor one, but when I was playing Persona 3 Portable Aegis' status showed she was still in battle even after the battle ended.

This glitch was tiny and not sure if it's actually a glitch or a feature (given the protagonist wears a mechanical suit thing), but it made me laugh for like 10 minutes. I randomly poked one of the security guys in Half-Life 1 and he turned to me, leaned forward and started clicking a door security code on me. It was hilarious.

Oh! That reminds me: in my Pokemon Black 2 version, you know the screen where it levesl up Join Avenue? Well, there was this one incident, I still don't know if I was blooming tired or not when I saw it, but I could have sworn I saw someone start to walk into Join Avenue and when I went all the way to the north side of Join Avenue, there was no one there. I then put the game down and blinked at it.

And all I could think of is: Did I just see Slender Man?

Skyrim: I was scaling a mountain to get to the Greybeards' castle keep thingy... on horseback. When I finally made it to the top, there were some winds that pushed me like fifty feet in the air. I would eventually fall down after moving around a bit, but the fall was too high and my horse kept dying. I ended up having to reload my last save and work around the edge of the winds.

Also, I got off my horse right in front of the entrance to a cave. After leaving the cave, I tried to mount my horse but because I was so close to the door, I was inside the cave, only that part of the map hadn't loaded yet so I was stuck there in the middle of literally nothing. Had to reload my last save.

I've also seen a headless horseman ghost thingy running around... is that supposed to be there? I followed it and it lead me to some graveyard and disappeared. IDK if it's a glitch or not but it's cool.

In Pokemon X/Y, in Lumiose City there's this pair of women standing near some trees, I think they talk about PR videos or something. But if you walk too far away from them, they vanish. You don't even have to go very far, just walk a couple feet away and then *poof*. They're gone. Walk back, of course, and they reappear, but I find that kind of weird.

EDIT: I guess it happens it X too tongue.gif

Edited by Dracoscar

My computer is too old for Lineage, so whenever I come into a city, I see a lot of players in underwear instead of armor. Most hilarious was green orc in pink underpants.

Also, when exiting one building (a museum) I got teteported to it's high roof. I had to jump down, costing me nearly all health.

And this happened not with me, but I saw and took a screenshots - stuck in the wall, above door!

Crash Twinsanity: One time when I was playing the Iceberg lab level, I went to jump for one of those electronic moving platforms. The game then ended up making Crash fall through the platform rather than landing... Causing me to lose a life... dry.gif The game definitely rubbed me towards the dumbfounded/annoyed point when that happened.

In Assassin's Creed I often found archers stuck on the roofs, and in AC: Revelations (that I played on highest settings despite my old PC) Ezio half-disappeared, so only his boots were visible. Sometimes the graphics went completely crazy and I suddenly saw, for example, a ship that was sailing outside even though I was inside a building. Or underwater. I wish I had screenshots.

Oh, and I once got my hand stuck in Sophia's chest. The hand was holding a torch. Ow.

I was playing Metroid Prime. I entered a small area that only had security drones in it. I destroyed the drones but the second drone sounded the alarm before it was destroyed. That ended up locking me in the room as usual but since there were no more drones to destroy, I couldn't unlock the doors. It made me a little upset because I had had made a small amount of progress which I had to redo because of resetting. At least I hadn't gone very far.

I haven't encountered this glitch from happening again because I know what caused it & I don't repeat it.