Moonlight_Eevee

Video Game Glitches

Skyrim and the Nightingale's

yea... speaking of the nightingales/thieves guild quests.

I had a glitch in the room where you kill Mercer and all the water fills the room, for some reason Karliah and Brynjolf could walk, talk, and breathe under the water, so they weren't leaving the room through the cave to let me end the mission >.<

I had to quit and redo the ENTIRE. QUEST. and it was annoying as heck.

I swear if I could draw some of the glitches in FF15 would become huge hits. I was heading towards a monster hunt outside of Lestalum and decided to go from my car to riding a chocobo. That went fine. What didn't work fine was when Noctis mounted it and took off, but Noctis wasn't on it. Then I notice the reigns stretching back the way the bird had came and so I had it go back and Noctis was stuck in the ground up to his waste.

I don't even know how that happened. I try figuring out how to get him unstuck when I decided to dismount which worked, but then I couldn't move from the spot. I was running in place, fighting in place, everything I could think of. Finally I noticed that I could hop a short distance in different directions and slowly inched my way towards the chocobo. Noctis mounted it again and everything else was fine.

Except for the monster's necks which acted more like a snake's body than a giraffe's neck. I don't know what they're really called, but they're tall like giraffes with ram-like heads.

D'ese FF15 glitches are crazy! xd.png

Speaking of glitches I found a hilarious glitch video for FF15 on youtube.

Edited by Syiren

Replaying Dragon Age on nightmare mode and just made it Skyhold. Was walking around checking things out when I noticed a bunch of people standing around the fire by the surgeon. They were all kinda doubled over and holding their stomachs, so I wandered over wondering if there was goina be some dialogue or a quest I didn't remember.

No dialogue or quests, just three people standing in a circle and pushing their fingers through their stomachs and out through their backs. No wonder they were in pain.

I've had this before on Skyrim. When flying on a dragon before, I have fast traveled only to fine myself stuck in the air in one spot while the dragon is off flying every which way. The only way to fix it was to reload a save.

Speaking of the Nightingales, the last time I did the dwarven ruin part, apparently Brynnjolf got stuck and wouldn't move, not even to change areas. I had to go back, Fus-Ro-Dah him out of his predicament, then find Karliah, who had ALSO gotten herself stuck because she couldn't figure her way out of the skeever pen for some reason.

Edited by Nectaris

another skyrim bug..

so, with the addon that lets you adopt kids, I adopted Lucia and Alesan.

Only problem was, they went completely missing. Marrying didn't work, they never even turned up for the wedding, getting my wife to move to a different home didn't work either.

Eventually, I found Lucia in Blackreach o.O so I told her to go home and do her chores, I went back to my home and she wasn't there, neither was Alesan. I have no idea where either of them are anymore. sad.gif

So I just witnessed a really weird glitch while playing Monster Hunter Generations online.

So I was tackling a Brachydios with another player. A bit of lag, but perfectly playable. Anyhow, their palico set a pitfall and I, in my attempts to lure the monster in, got carted by it. Only, things started getting odd here. My cat went through their fainting animation, but no ''name' fainted' message came up, and the music cut out entirely. On the way back to the fight, I checked the number of defeats: 0/3. Maybe they had Felyne Insurance, I figured. Back in the hunt, I saw the trap still there. I thought that was really weird, given that the Brachydios had fallen into said trap while I was fainting.

Oh, and there was absolutely no music.

I attempted to lure the Brachydios into the trap, but it turned out the trap was a complete phantom. Then, about a minute after my cart, then that message popped up and the 'oops you died' music played (and the trap disappeared.) After that, still no battle music at all. Might I remind you, by then I was well and truly back in the brawl and trying to figure out what the heck was going on!

Then I noticed my hunting partner was teleporting everywhere, and not taking damage from hits when they really should have. That's more a lag thing and sure enough, we disconnected. I finished the quest - only then did the music return, as the victory theme.

I think lag had a lot to do with it. But it was so weird, and I've never had it happen before even with other laggy sessions!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Somehow I managed to catapult the guy I needed to loot for a key item into solid rock in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Had to restart and fight them again.

In Pokemon go my GPS said I was 3 blocks away from where I really was and was able to catch a growlithe and then when my avatar ran back to right herself it was enough to hatch a 5k egg

Edited by Syiren

In Pokemon go my GPS  said I was 3 blocks away from where I really was and was able to catch a growlithe and then when my avatar ran back to right herself it was enough to hatch a 5k egg

Pokémon Go is kind of gltichy still. I wasnt doing anything, just laying in my bed when I started up Go. It told me I was moving to fast to play it 😂😂😂 and randomly my eggs just hatch without warning. My Kabuto also found a candy while I just laid here

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I play a lot of League of Legends, and anyone who plays that game knows there can be all sorts of bugs and glitches.

Not many have happened to me, but there is a spawn point where you can't leave for 15 seconds at the beginning of the game. I spawned outside of it, and didn't even record it. dry.gif

Pokémon Go is kind of gltichy still. I wasnt doing anything, just laying in my bed when I started up Go. It told me I was moving to fast to play it 😂😂😂 and randomly my eggs just hatch without warning. My Kabuto also found a candy while I just laid here

Hah! Nice. I'ts definitely been glitchy the past few days that's for sure. it seems the more I move around the glitchier it gets.

Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Running around in the Deep Roads (The Descent DLC) and was about to open one of the cog doors. Noticed a large number of enemies waiting for me on the other side thanks to the minimap. Decided to lay down some fire mines the second the doors opened.

The whole screen just kinda exploded and started jumping around. It was flashing orange and I couldn't make out what was going on. Lasted about three minutes before it settled down.

The 'final' armor I crafted for DA:I became very weird in cutscenes. From the elbow down, everything doubled up, so I had a lower arm, then another lower arm, then and wrist and hand, then another wrist and hand and then fingers with more fingers sticking out of them.

Stuff of nightmares.

Had to change my armor for the final conversation to stop my spaghetti arms ruining the scene.

So,been replaying Dragon's Dogma lately, decided to go for a Mystic Knight run on my next run since it's one of the only ones I haven't used yet, and I was hunting Wyvern and other dragons to try and forge my chosen equipment before I finish the game.

Seems this particular one took one look at my character and decided to would rather take its chances with the Brine, because it flew into the sea and died :|

Edited by CharonDusk

Got back into an old MMO, and first thing that happens is that I fall through the world and crash the game lol

Fallout 4:

A ghoul I shot exploded. An arm went through Dogmeat and stuck there. Vanished on fast travel though.

I both love and hate finding glitches. I'll put a little list of the glitches I've personally experienced through the years below.

Let's start with Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time for the N64

1) Infinite sword glitch which was actually really useful, especially if you are trying to do speed runs of this game. I think they fixed this glitch in the newer DS version. Basically it's a glitch that happens when you quickly attack from behind your shield with your sword and glitch it out. Then you can basically walk into enemies without hitting any buttons and it will constantly attack them.

2) Hole in the wall of the map between the main church room and the room the master sword is initially found in. Normally you have to find the three stones to get the door/wall to open, but if you repeatedly roll link at the wall (haven't played in a while so I forget which side) you will eventually glitch him through a small space and get him into the room with the master sword. It does not break the game but again helps with getting it over faster. I think this was also fixed in the DS version but it might not be.

3) Invisible platform glitch. I've seen this glitch in three separate zelda games which is really funny. You'd think they knew how to fix it after one game. So in Ocarina of time, majora's mask, and...-.-' uh I can't remember the third one I saw it in. Anywho, in at least the first two games I mentioned you can set a regular bomb down, then as soon as it goes off you can time a backflip right and land on the invisible platform the exploding bomb makes. I only did it high enough once to get into the tree temple in the lost forest, but I've seen a friend repeatedly do this glitch in majoras mask and get high enough to be level with that little elf in the balloon in the sky. He was trying to get high enough to get to the moon but sadly there wasn't enough time.

A part from a few glitches with enemies not moving, levitating, or not taking any damage that's about it for Zelda I've seen.

Pokemon Games

I have played pokemon since the initial release of old blue version on the brick game boy. There haven't been too many glitches that I've run into but some interesting ones most people know about already.

Blue version

1) The mew glitches. There are actually two of these and both if done correctly can get you... I think it was a level five mew. I mean it's actually one glitch but there are two directions you can go with it. It's a bit of a more winded explanation than my zelda ones above so I'll let you look it up yourself. and no there's no mew under the truck at the docks.

2) Missingno glitch. It's actually easy to find this guy, but catching him without destroying your game is a lot harder. A variation of the earlier mentioned mew glitch if done differently can get you any pokemon in the game without crashing or breaking it, including missingno. As it is normally you get this thing by going to viridian city and watching the old man explain how to catch a pokemon, then flying to and surfing at the edge of a patch of land next/attached to cinnibar island. Eventually you'll find it. However catching that missingno may or may not make your game crash, or do other strange game breaking things. It's really a toss up of whether you'll be lucky enough to catch it without a problem or not.

Those were the only older game version glitches I've experienced.

Diamond Version

1) The only glitch I've seen in this game was when I was battling a wild dugtrio and it somehow KO'd my pigeot up in the air while it was flying by using fissure. My pokemon came down and did go through the regular animation for death and it's hp went to zero, but then it wouldn't let me switch out. I looked at my pigeot and it's move pp all went down to 0. It wouldn't let me fight or switch or even run from the battle. So I had to turn off the game. I've never heard or read of anyone else having this glitch before. My friend recorded it on his old phone but wasn't able to get it off as he broke the phone by dropping it in a toilet. -.- So I have no proof of this one.

Pokemon X version

1) A lot of pokemon x and y players in the U.S. had a game breaking glitch early on when you visited Lumiose city for the first time. I think it was when people tries to save the game there it would crash and lose all of their save data. I was so engrossed with the game that I had played right through that glitch without saving at Lumiose and avoided it altogether. I believe I saved outside Lumiose when I finished that part of the story and then they patched it shortly after.

I've never had any other glitches pokemon wise.

Skyrim

I can't even

too many funny and game breaking glitches to count...

The Isle

Also a ton of glitches but that's to be expected since the game is still in its beta phase. Funniest glitch so far is when the baby dinos get killed and stretch out like slender dinos dead on the ground. Coolest glitch I ran into was being invisible as a herbivore and no one, not even the carnivores could see me.

Sonic Adventures and Shadow the Hedgehog

Lots of glitches going through floors for whatever reason.

Been playing Skyrim Remastered lately, there have been plenty of glitches, but this one was pretty funny. I was about to enter Alftand, when a non-hostile dragon flew by. Non-hostile dragons aren't unusual, what was weird though was the dragon had a giant standing on its tail. While flying. It was really funny. The dragon lost the giant when he landed. Being just a regular dragon, it was a curb-stomp battle with the giant. I felt kind of sorry for it actually.

In Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly:

If you charged underwater in the water/beach level and kept leaping out of the surface like a dolphin, you could eventually just clip out of the water while still swimming, and swim around in the air wherever you would like to go. It was really nice to be able to fake "fly" in a level where you're not supposed to fly. The graphics couldn't handle that you'd broken the game though and parts of the level would be missing.

There was also a loading glitch for the Cloud Nine level (or maybe it was just my disk?) Where it would just never load and you'd have to turn it off.

That game was... not very good? If just for the abhorrent frame rate. But as a child I couldn't tell tongue.gif

A lot of Sonic games have annoying glitches too, obviously. I love Sonic but I have to admit most of the games are poorly made. And in response to other people talking about Pokemon Go, mine slingshots me across the map sometimes too, it can occasionally be very convenient :3c

Persona 5

During the very final dungeon, just before the final boss, I got stuck while platforming.

There are sections where you are supposed to jump from one ledge to another and I was sprinting at the time. When I tried to jump the MC didn't, but continued to dash across the empty air. When he got to the other side he couldn't climb on, but I couldn't return either. Was left suspended in mid air about a mile above Tokyo.

Dishonored.

I was trying to dump an unconscious High Overseer Campbell on a desk hidden behind a screen while I cleared out some leftover guards so I could take him to the nonlethal (which, if you've played the game, you'll know that's bull) method of neutralizing him.

I drop him, he glitches into the wall, I try to grab him but fail and he disappears. A few seconds later, I got the "Target Killed" pop-up. The wall ate him. :|

I blame the Outsider.

Bloodborne

I found out from another site that the Wolf-beasts on the Central Yharnam bridge can't go through the door of a nearby house, so I was being cheap and had them at the door, taking potshots.

They died and promptly fell through the stairs, into the void :|

Harvest Moon Back to Nature

No idea how this happened, but one time I brought my dog indoors for the night (I think there was a blizzard or summat the next day). Woke up and my dog was trapped in the black void that surrounds the inside of your home :|

What is with my games and the walls/floors eating the NPCs? :|

Edited by CharonDusk

Was platforming in horizon Zero Dawn when

happened. Edited by Fortune86