9pmg5665

Hell's Last Resort

Narrative

Welcome to Hell's Last Resort. This Gladius resort is the best on our planet. This resort was once a military base in the war, but do not worry. It is all safe. Now on this island, we have many things for you to see. First is the spa, to the left of the landing area, which is our current position. The spa was built on top of the armory, and visitors should be careful when using any digging or explosive items. Next is the landing area, the one we are in now. This area is used when a ship or air transport comes in. Although it is used for yachts, it is not used for motor boats or helicopters. To the right of us is the sea entertainment. It was a major native and rebel population area, but it's okay to be there now.

North of the island is a bit more native and uninhabited. Natives live there, taking out many contract holding tourists. Please do not venture deep out there. Mines, natives, and many other harmful things are out there. Though on the other side of the island, we have the emergency evacuation area. It is filled to the brim with the surplus supplies that is not needed in the resort, and leftovers from the native war with the rebels and militia. Well, taking up the area between the triangle of things is the hotel and I'd be glad to have you stay with us.

Gladius is just messing with you. We have much more here. Well, above the hotel is the insane asylum or jail. North of it, I'm sorry, I'm reading a flat map. Well, that takes up a lot of space. Next to it is the military quarters on the left and civilian housing on the right. Above those, sorry, north of those are the artifacts, the research site, and what's left of the natives. The now sane natives. So you got that?

History

Oh? So you want to know the history of the last two years then? Well, the current year is 2014 you dunce. This resort is what's left of the rebel war. Oh? Don't even know that? You looked like a survivor. Well, a rebel at least. Well, then you're dumber than a jolt of lightning to a dead tree. It's like "What's the point?". Well, in 2012, a riot broke out because the world didn't end. People thought that they could get away with anything. Well, they thought wrong. Anyway, to get rid of rioters, or whatever is the proper name for them, the governments of most countries brought them to this chain of islands, this one being the smallest. Big isn't it. The largest is the size of India, but getting this thing on a map is nearly impossible. This thing came up in 2012, so a new world came instead of getting destroyed. But everything rose, both water and continent. It was inhabited by natives from Hawaii maybe. Could've been an even hotter place that rose also. Well, that's just as absurd. Anyway, we had to deal with rebels, and next we dropped off the rebels, that's what we call the 2012 looters now, they fought with both us and the natives, while they had technology unknown to us nor Gladius. They constructed things fast, but not fast enough. We did have to fight with them for about two years. Though now, with that unknown tech, Gladius Tech bought both the island and the tech, and made a resort. It has so many things. Both of them. Oh, history, right. Well, we killed out both rebels, and the natives. America wanted to keep a race of people, so they control the north area under heavy guard. Oh, I keep saying "we" and "Us" don't I? I'm talking about Gladius tech.

Plot

You arrive on an island that has your memory locked up tight. Whatever your name was, you're not going to remember it anytime soon. The Gladius systems just went into lock-down, which somehow, you can tell is bad. Some screaming comes from the farther part of the island, and you go back to sleep. Now you're awake again, but the area is different. Your goal right now, is to survive. At the cost of past family members, or past marriages, all connections are severed.

The rebels and natives got smart. They joined together and are attacking Gladius and Hell's Last Resort. Though they aren't the only ones. With the rebels tech, they are taking control of soldiers and police, stunning people and dragging them back to their hideout, but cannibals are out there also, just waiting to get a taste of your flesh. Your worry is leaving. Maybe you'll get out, but you probably won't.

Now the Gladius AI, the one giving you directions, is misdirecting you. You feel like you should listen to her, but she left you both for dead and for grabs once, but has also given you many supplies to survive. Following her has given you bads and goods, but you should just leave.

The other AI helping you is one that was found by the rebels. She's helping you, but she wants you to stay. She does respect your wish to leave, but she needs help of sane people. Half sane at the very least. Your choice is to leave or stay, but leaving would be more satisfying, while staying could behold your memory. Living here, may be a terrible life decision, your choice.

Recap

1) Map being told to you.

2) History. The rebels, the tech, and the war, or small battles.

3)Plot. I don't really need to type you what it is.

4) Recap.

5) Other stuff.

Other Stuff

The rebels tech has actually made them telekinetic. Though it only works if many Powered are in the same area. The Powered are those who gained said power, but many other things were gained from there also. Like tech, there were constructors, showing some thing in a hologram, then generating it. This works with weapons. It just needs an example for one.

The natives aren't really big to the story. But what's a good island without bloodthirsty cannibal natives?

Gladius. Gladius makes most world tech. But they couldn't pay off debts to suppliers, so they sent them, tourists, criminals, and rich people there. Just to make it seem real, they put the Gladius Co. AI there. She directs things and costed 2.5 billion dollars. Though she doesn't serve her original purpose there, causing her to enjoy the pain of organics.

Other AI inhabit the island. An AI is a synthetic brain, being basic. They are stored in computer chips, and with Gladius here, Visors. A Visor covers your left eye and are locked to your head until you take it off. They are comfortable, and don't cause any problems with skin or hair. They are though, optional, as well is the AI.

The rebels. Yes your character may be a rebel. I'm Gladius. Though to be either of these, please send a Personal Message to the Administrator of Hell's Last Resort.

Rules.

Oh, with you getting chased by cannibals, rebels, and natives, now you have to deal with rules? You do.

1) No overpowered characters. Now here's a better explanation. You're characters who lost their memory. You don't start with power either. You're a weak salmon, resisting Gladius' next hook.

2) Deaths. Your characters will die. I will kill off your characters if you can't do it yourself. There is no particular order in which I choose to pick off your characters. I will not PM you. I will not hint at you. I will pick off your characters with a Gladius premium grade sniper. Oh. I just spoiled a big part.

3) God mods will be aloud. By me. For me. For you. For your death. I hope you understand. If you don't, I'll throw you off into a pit of spikes with my mind, while devouring your kidneys. Oh, let me clear this up. The God-mod is for people who break these rules. I use it for revenge only. You should use it for revenge only, and I don't want it to have to be used ever. The kidney thing will happen, or maybe sniping.

4) No limits. Don't be scared of gore and such. Embrace it. This is for violence. Romance, eh. Take it to your houses.

5) This RP is going to be gory if you haven't already realized. Now if you post your opening, and then you dislike somebody else, and complain about it, THEN THEY GET TO CONTROL YOUR CHARACTER! Don't complain about anything. You know what you're up for. Only if the owner is switched, will be your chance to complain. Oh, I was kidding about the controlling part. Though, I really, really, really don't want to have to deal with that. So if you complain, just complain to that person. Say please, threaten to eat their kidneys, etc. Kidneys taste good,

6) I don't want a password, history, or any good description of personality. You're new to what I like seeing in RPs. Or if you're not, you know what I expect.

7) I am an American. That means that I have a different left and right then Australians, and the England or Europe. I haven't met people from Spain or France.

Characters and creation styles.

1) (And most popular) The character sheet.

Name:

Relative age:

Personality:

Goal: Get rich, find the memory, living, killing Gladius or me. Bold the one you want.

Other:

People use this when they don't want to spend the time on a jump-on-in. I personally use this.

2) The jump in.

This is a few paragraphs of how your character is now related to the story. This can be used anytime, and if you don't break the rules, you are accepted. This is usually from 2-4 paragraphs of stuff.

3) The starter.

This is used when somebody barely missed the start. It requires a minimum of both. 1 paragraph and some other things in the character sheet. Well, everything except for personality. Well, still personality. Yeah, your late to the party.

Edited by 9pmg5665

Well, I guess that I have to post that I'm ready to be critiqued. So I am. I'd prefer it sooner rather then later. I haven't given up on this one.

Sounds interesting,

Name: Orion

Relative age: 16

Personality: ingenuitive, smart, creative, a leader, fast, not as strong as some people and has an occasional lack of common sense

Goal: Find memory, surive, have adventure, love, etc

Appearance: tall, athletic build, bright blue eyes and short brown hair, fairly handsome

I do still want this RP in the Others section. I haven't gone, I've just been busy with other stuff, but still approve/critique.

Poof. Hello, 9. It's been a while. So I'm here to crit your RP today~

First, why don't you bold each section header?

Next break some of the bigger blocks of text into smaller ones. I see clear transitions that make for this to happen. "Next, ...", "Anyway, ...". You know the drill.

Edit: Waitwhat? Why was that creepy? >_>

Edited by gistofeverything

It was creepy because I imagine different voices for the way people type. Above was, as said, made me imagine some creepiness. Kidneys. Creepy Kidneys. Creepy kidneys.( Evil laugh while holding super long sniper rifle.)

Sounds cool.

Name:Scott

Relative age:18

Personality: Extrmely funny, smart, strong, always loyal to friends, but a bit slower than others. When leading, usually leans towards others for help and advice. Sometimes feels like a 3rd wheel if not much help.

Goal: Find memory, survive, and get the censorkip.gif off this bizzare island.

Appearence: Tall, stocky, handsome in that annoying-little-brother kind of way, short black hair, and sea-green eyes.

A bit confusion, though. who are 'you' exactly? And who are we?

edit:Fixed it(again). Sorre i might not have been clear enough. Who are we, the charecters? rebel, AI, etc. And who really wants you to kill us with a large sniper rifle? AI,tech, etc. thanks smile.gif

Edited by urge101

Explained. "We" is Gladius. It is both Tech and AI. "You" refers to you, as the character.

Also, this will be a literate RP. Please fix sheet a bit ( mainly capitalizing). And other then that,your exactly The Good of what I expected. I'm the bad. Now what we need is the Ugly.

Edited by 9pmg5665

Please do not post character sheets in a thread until it is Approved. smile.gif

Now for crit.

This resort a perfect resort and is the best on our planet.

"a perfect resort" is redundant. Try using a subject pronoun in its place, such as "it".

First, is the spa, to the left of the landing area, which is our current position.

Comma after "first" is unnecessary.

Next, is the landing area, the one we are in now.

Comma after "next" is unnecessary.

It is filled to the brim with the other supplies that is not needed in the resort, and leftovers from the native war with the rebels and militia.

"other" -> "surplus"

Above those, sorry, north of those is the artifacts, the research site, and what's left of the natives.

"is" -> "are"

Aaaand that's it for the Narrative. Please post when you are ready for me to continue~ smile.gif

1) Fixed it Gist.

2)Urge, you fixed the name. All must be correct.

3) For future characters, please just PM. Until this is approved.

What?! When did this move! PM EVERYBODY! WE NEED PEOPLE! START THE FIRST POST NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

"What just happened!" Edward woke up. He pulled himself off the ground, hoping not to take any glass to his body. He found a beer near his hand and chugged the 3 ounces left. He threw on the ground and examined his room. It was a standard Gladius hotel. Bed next to the door to the bathroom, and a TV on the other side of the bed. The exit was about three meters from the bed, where Ed was. He opened his door and walked through it. There were blood smears on the wall, probably from people. He opened the door across from him and realized that it was a balcony. There was shooting going on and a bullet barely missed his head. He found another beer and sipped it while watching the chaos. He noticed the another person to his left with his legs over the edge of it, while his body was on the ground. He kicked the mans side and waited.

"Ohhh..." Scott woke with a pain in his side. "Wh.. where am I?" He was sitting on a balcony with a middle-aged man with a beer bottle in his hand. Before his eyes was a full-fledged battle, complete with gunshots, strange African Americans wearing loincloths, and blood. Lots of blood. Scott turned toward the stranger and asked again. "Where are we?"

" From that sign." Edward pointed his beer over to a Gladius neon sign. " We're at Hell...'s Last Resort. Easy enough." Ed noticed the empty bottle and threw it over the edge of the balcony. He pulled the other man over the edge. " I think I heard somebody. Let's get out of this hotel." Ed opened the door and turned to the right. There were a few burnt and chalked bodies next to a semi-functional Gladius bot. It was twitching and sparking with spears in it's power core. He looked at it's sides. It had a pistol holster. He picked it out and looked a it. " A..." Ed aimed it at the wall and shot. " A shooter. Gun, right?" He put it into his pocket, able to feel that there was no ammo left. The bot and the skeletons were charred, and the grenade likely took out the bot rather then the many bullets that filled it's head.

Scott and the stranger continued walking down the endless corridors of the hotel. Scott turned towards the man. "I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name. What was it?" He hesitated. "...Ed." "Well Ed, looks like we're gonna be stuck with each other for a while." Scott smiles,"I'm Scott." Ed grunts in recognition. That's when Scott noticed what he was wearing. Blood-stained pajamas. Great. "I'm gonna get some differant clothes." He ducked into a random room as Ed waited outside. Scott pushed a body off the dresser. yes. Some fresh clothes. Scott started changing. Suddenly, an ear-splitting scream struck the room, and the building shook. Scott dashed out of the room with his shirt on backwards, dodging chunks of drywall falling from the ceiling. "What happened?" he shouted over the sound of gunshots. ((sorry if I power-played smile.gif))

(( Nope. You posted great.))

Ed dodged some drywall pieces by simply moving to the side. He walked to the elevator in front of the bodies and pulled Scott in his new clothes in. He checked his own clothes and they weren't really blood-stained. It was his casual party clothes, so he ignored the fact that there was a large blood stain on his back. He pressed a button and was sent down three floors from the 19th. The door opened to even more dead bodies. Ed pressed another button. A voice yelled. " You'll get out of this if you want to live!" A whirlwind pushed both people out and the elevator started ramming down. The outer doors were missing, so nothing stopped the gigantic blood splatter from going from the bottom if the floors to theirs. " I guess we're on floor 16 now."

"Aw, man! I just got these clothes!" Scott tried to wipe as much blood as he could off his Hawaiian button-down shirt and khaki shorts. Get over it, Scott thought as they darted down the hallway. A bullet ripped through the wall and skimmed by Scott's face. "That was a close one," he murmured as they reached the end of the corridor to find a spiral stairway. Scott sighed. "Going down."

edit: fixed it. Sorry smile.gif

Edited by urge101

Ed didn't exactly care about all of the fire, guns firing, or really about Scott. He walked downwards the stairs and found the area untouched. It was white, pristine also. Ed admired it by setting down his beer. He continued walking until some other Gladius bots scorched the area. No not Gladius. The rebels in their alien tech. Ed opened and shut a door behind him, escaping the narrow vision of the rebels. He noticed that his beer, and Scott too, were outside. Scott may die, but the beer would cause the rebels to look from room to room. He looked in the room and found it was a bathroom. Stalls and a grate going to the female's bathroom. Typical Gladius. Ed hid in the stall with said grate and hoped his timing wasn't off. In case, he pulled out his pistol.

Scott scanned the croud of rebels and robots. Where could Ed be? Scott came back to reality when a stray bullet ripped through his shirt, grazing his arm. He cringed as his arm was struck. Instantly, he ripped a piece of his shirt off and covered his wound.Nothing major,he thought. Scott scanned the crowd briefly, then scowled.Screw it. Being the nonsensible and insane person he was, Scott picked up a pistol from a nearby charred body and joined the chaotic battle.

Ed heard the shots fired close to the door. He ran out of his stall and pulled the thing in. He would have tried to kill it if it wasn't Scott. " Come on. You probably hit a few, even if you didn't. We need to get out of here before they get here." Ed pulled the grate of the area above the toilet. It was about the size of a movie's air tunnels, though it was shorter. Ed put himself in backwards to prevent him from falling into the female's toilet. The grate was rusted and came off easily, so Ed had no problem kicking it off of it's hinges. He jumped out with what he could and landed a little above the toilet, lucky he didn't his anything. " Scott!" He called. "Go through the grate on the last stall.

(( Not exactly. We're in about a three foot distance of an air duct in-between a male and female bathroom. And you aren't aloud to control Ed. Ed is mine.))

((ah, okay. Clarified.smile.gif Also, may I say minor things about Ed, like 'he nodded' or 'he smiled'?You can do that with my guy, if neccesary))

Scott jumed into the cramped air duct and squirmed through. When Scott got to the other side, he dropped out of the duct... and landed in a toilet. He laughed. "First I get my clothes dyed, then they get soaked!" He said, admiring his blood and water-stained shirt as he ducked out of the stall. "C'mon, let's get out of here." He opened the door, and fhey walked down the long hallway in silence. Suddenly, two GI bots turned the corner and caught sight of them. "INTRUDER. INTRUDER," the robots repeated, flailing their flamethrowers lethally. "RUN!" They bolted down the corridor and slammed the bathroom door, pressing their shoulders to it. He turned to Ed. "What'll we do?"