esnym

Egg Bag

Hi guys. smile.gif I'm kinda new, but while out egg hunting today I had an idea that might come in handy for those who frequently stalk the AP page.

I think that in order to make hunting a bit faster/easier, we could have a "bag" while out for eggs.

For example:

say I have three egg slots left, and I wish to go hunting. I grab an uncommon egg I like, and it takes me to a new page. I then have to navigate back to the AP, during which time another nice egg might have popped up and I may have missed it.

My idea is, rather than navigating around, we have an open bag sprite at the top of the page (As if looking into a leather sack from the top down.) If I grab an egg, it shows up in the bag and I can continue clicking and refreshing until I can no longer grab eggs or I choose to stop hunting. I then click the bag and my eggs are transferred to my cave.

Let me know what you think,

Esnym

I already basically do that--I just open the eggs I want in new tabs, and when I've finished hunting I check to see what I actually got, then take a look at them. If I toss some back, I just repeat until I have all the eggs I want.

But as long as the eggs are counted as "grabbed", then I don't see an issue with it (as in, they're not in limbo until they go to your scroll--it counts them as being on your scroll), it'd just be an in-game way to do what can already be done and is already done.

The question is, though, what if the egg is already grabbed/otherwise can't be obtained (like you were the last one to toss it in)? How would you know that you got it or not without a confirmation page?

yeah, the eggs would count as grabbed. If someone else grabbed it before you, I think maybe it just wouldn't show up in the bag or just show a red x or something in the spot where the egg should be before you refresh it?

Oh, and I forgot t mention, perhaps you could toss the eggs out of the bag and back into the pile. I feel like this would make it easier to hunt for rare eggs quicker, or at least make the process smoother/more efficient.

No to tossing eggs from the bag to the pile. Waiting is a part of the game, and if you cut out the need to go in and manually abandon them then that just basically counts as a way around the limits.

The idea of "pick up an egg, then swap it" has been shot down multiple times for such a reason.

While it's less of an issue with the AP since you can just toss those right back anyway, I still think you should need to go to the actions and manually abandon it.

I guess that makes sense. :3 It would also make it insanely hard for people with slower reflexes to get nice eggs, since people could just grab and toss in a matter of seconds.

Right hand - middle mouse button.

Left hand - F5.

That's all I need to get the same effect.

I suppose you could do that, but I thought the bag would make it easier to see which eggs you were able to grab right away.

I'm not understanding how this is more useful than opening it in a new tab. o.o I have my settings so that I'm not switched over to the new tab when I open it, so I can command+click as many eggs as I want while continually refreshing the AP or cave. When I'm ready, I just go through my tabs and see what eggs I caught, didn't catch, or were too full to catch already. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "easier to see which eggs you were able to grab right away"?

The reason why I thought it might be useful is because that way you can see what you're getting right on your page, and you know exactly when you run out of egg slots so you're not still hunting long after you've grabbed your eggs.

There is no need to check your opened tabs to see if you caught the eggs you wanted - they just show up on your page. I guess it's not a necessary change at all, just a tweak I thought might be nice, but if people already like they way they hunt I guess there's no need, hehe. unsure.gif